Community Focus

Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM #1
starshot44

starshot44 is playing at Living Legends VI
starshot44 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
starshot44 plays in the APPA D5 division
starshot44 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[CoD II] Black Ops II ZOMBIES

In case you guys haven't seen it (which I'm sure all the die hard ops players have) here's the new zombies game play preview that was released before the game. I know I'm a little behind because the game was released almost two days ago now, but for those who haven't seen it:

So far I've found staying on the bus is pretty effective...
At one stop, I believe it is the town? There is a door you can enter which takes you to a bright white room, which has the construction benches to make weapons and such.
Anyone have any ideas about that?
starshot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM #2
Promagistrate
such motto

Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology
wat
wat
Dontcallmepete: "Tell me somefin, hows no hammer to make bolts bolt better than a wrench bolts bolt? "
Promagistrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 PM #3
memorex
I'm Suppish

has been a member for 10 years
memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
when the original black ops came out, zombies had its own thread. I dont see why it cant have another now that blops2 is out.

plus zombies is basically its own game
Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 PM #4
Promagistrate
such motto

Whatever, I just felt like drawing something.
wat
wat
Dontcallmepete: "Tell me somefin, hows no hammer to make bolts bolt better than a wrench bolts bolt? "
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 PM #5
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

That's some Picasso level **** Promag.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 PM #6
Promagistrate
such motto

I was a little worried that someone might think the footsteps are zombie turds.
wat
wat
Old 11-15-2012, 12:48 AM #7
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
This isnt Cod 2. This is like Cod 9

CONSPIRACY THEORIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 AM #8
jcdenton69
****ter King

Official Call of Duty 2 thread

jcdenton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 AM #9
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
Good catch. Didn't even see that OP fail.

Just wait till everyone all like "ermagerddddd! cawadooty 48!"
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 AM #10
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshot44 View Post
In case you guys haven't seen it (which I'm sure all the die hard ops players have) here's the new zombies game play preview that was released before the game. I know I'm a little behind because the game was released almost two days ago now, but for those who haven't seen it:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22RBuZJ6J7k[video]

So far I've found staying on the bus is pretty effective...
At one stop, I believe it is the town? There is a door you can enter which takes you to a bright white room, which has the construction benches to make weapons and such.
Anyone have any ideas about that?
At the place of origin you have to get the manikin in the center of the room and take it to the work bench to build a turbine. That is going to be your power source for opening doors and things like that.

At the garage stop or whatever that, there is a way to build a zombie shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promagistrate View Post
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DlqLK.jpg[IMG]
I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorex View Post
plus zombies is basically its own game
True. Zombies bores the **** out of me after one game but even then the multiplayer is so bad I keep playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
That's some Picasso level **** Promag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
Lol

5 years of the same bull****.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:26 AM #11
Terd Fergusen
HOTDOG AND SWEETHOG

Terd Fergusen has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Terd Fergusen has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
still haven't got around to trying zombies. if anyone on PC wants to group up, just add me.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046163969/

Terd Fergusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 AM #12
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
when you do survival on the farm, i noticed that there wasnt a pack a punch machine? is it only located in the town or whatever?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:30 PM #13
Danny96211

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
if anybody on ps3 wants to play zombies, pm me your gamertag and i'll add you.
A headset is a must! Thanks
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 PM #14
komodo_117

Figured out lots of **** on this. Got to round 23 on Tranzit, but we could have made it much further.

Cool **** I've noticed (I'm playing on Xbox):

1. You can join someone else's game AT ANY TIME. You will spawn in on the next round. If they are on the bus heading to the next place, you will spawn at the previous place the bus stopped.

2. You can upgrade your guns a SECOND time in the pack-a-punch. It does not refill your ammo, but you can continually upgrading for 1800 points to get different sights for your guns (reflex, acog, mms, eotech).

2. In the town, you can blow open the vault in the bank with a grenade. In there is a box in which you can deposit and withdraw money. Money carries over from solo and local splitscreen games to online play, as well as between easy and original difficulty modes. Blowing open the second door in the vault leads to a room. If someone stays there while another person places a turbine by the green door marked with the same lighting bolt in the power room (right behind you when you first drop down) it will open the pack-a-punch room, which is easily the best place to sit. Find the 3 parts to the pack-a-punch machine down there and you're good to upgrade.

3. There are multiple parts to the bus: front grill, a ladder, and a roof hatch. The front grill kills zombies the bus runs into while you're travelling, the ladder goes on the left side of the bus, allowing you to climb on top of it (as well as climb over it should you find yourself on the wrong side of the bus), and the hatch allows you to get onto the roof from inside of the bus. These are found in the rooms at each stop (and the first room you open at the bus depot) that require a turbine to open. If you refrain from putting the roof hatch on the bus and instead put it on the hole in the roof in the diner, you can access the Galvaknuckles, which are 6000 points (but they rape the **** out of zombies, those face-grabbing ****ers, and that electric dude).

4. The bus depot allows you to build a turbine, the diner allows you to build the zombie shield, the farm allows you to build a machine gun turret, and the power area allows you to build an electric trap. The machine and electric trap must be powered by a turbine. One turbine can power multiple turrets and traps.

5. Holding X and running up and down the windows on the bus will repair ALL of them very quickly.

6. Tombstone will drop a headstone powerup when you die. If you can make it back to that when you respawn, you will pick up every perk, gun, grenade and item in your inventory that you had on you when you died. Just don't **** up and die on the bus or you will be forced to traverse the map until you get it back.

7. You can store any gun (except the ray gun) in the fridge at The Farm to come back and pick up in ANY game. Once it's taken out, it's gone, and will not appear again in another game until you put it back in.

8. It IS possible to run between EVERY stop on the map. This is only possible with jugger-nog though, and made MUCH easier with stamina-up and the Galvaknuckles, as you will run faster and be able to kill those things that grab onto your face in only 2 hits. You just have to sprint and continually jump over the large lakes of lava, and avoid taking extra damage. Some you have to run around to find the shortest distance across to maximize your survival. It's also possible to teleport using the green lamp posts throughout the map, and turbines, but I've yet to figure that out yet.

I REALLY like the Tranzit gametype/map though. Survival and Grief are both VERY fun on The Town. I can't say I'm too big of a fan of The Farm, but the others definitely have me hooked, and I can't wait until I can play the Nuketown zombie map.

Last edited by komodo_117 : 11-24-2012 at 11:13 PM.
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:39 PM #15
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
yeah that whole tranzit gamemode is one large easter egg

CONSPIRACY THEORIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 PM #16
SUR3
bangbang

me and my roommates cannot get passed lvl 16 survival on the town. Anyone have any good strategies?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:42 PM #17
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUR3 View Post
me and my roommates cannot get passed lvl 16 survival on the town. Anyone have any good strategies?
Same, except its 17 for me. Komodo, do you play on xbox?
pballler2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:25 AM #18
komodo_117

Quote:
Get on the bus as soon as possible (round 2 or 3 usually), and make sure you get the bus part from the first area (if there is one there), and make sure at least one person has a turbine. Go to the diner, CRUSH the box until it moves. Don't worry about the bus for now, just go through a few rounds, get some money, hit the box a few times a piece, build some zombie shields. If the bus leaves before you've had your fill of the box, get a crawler at round 5 or 6. When the bus comes back around, get on it, and close the doors. The crawler will try to start prying his way into a window. Just keep repairing it to keep him trapped on the bus, or let him in and keep running him from one end of the bus to the other. If left behind, he will die.

Anyways, go to the farm, grab the part from the shed there, and get back on the bus again. Don't worry about sticking around to build a turret just yet. Head to the power area. Find the parts for the power, turn it on. If you have enough time, get the parts for the electric trap. The person with the turbine should stay here, while the other person takes the bus to the town (or makes the trip on foot), and opens the vault. The person with the turbine then puts it down next to the green door, and it will open the pack-a-punch room behind the second door in the vault. It only stays open if someone stays in there, so one person must remain there at ALL times!

Now, depending on the guns you have, you can stay here for as long as you need to. You'll get a LOT of points, so make sure to deposit money in the back as often as possible. Also, if it looks like you're in a bad position with no way out, or you start a round with NO ammo or perks, go dump your remaining money in the bank. With the power on, you can get juggernaut in the town, and go hold off the pack-a-punch tunnels with ease. Also, now that you have juggernaut, you can run to ANY area on the map without fear of lava killing you. This is necessary to get the parts to the jet engine, as well as gathering items to fortify your position, and setting up teleporters.

The key to success is maintaining crawlers, and making strategic ventures across the map to hit the box and get perks. It sometimes takes a long time for the bus to make its way back across the map, so make sure your plan your trips well.

Also, turrets WILL kill you and your teammates, so do NOT get in front of them! Also, turbines get used up VERY quickly, so time your usage of them well. I like to set mine up facing the pack-a-punch so I can just watch the front door of the vault while someone watches the window behind me. Also, as with all workbench items, each person can have one of each. So you can have a total of 4 turrets, 4 electric traps, 4 shields, and 4 turbines. It's best to have each of the first three items placed in the hallways, and keep the turbine on your person, as they will simply blow up if you leave them sit out too long. Only place them down when you need to. You can also set each item down inside of the bus so you can grab each item from each stop, and take all 4 to the vault in a single trip.

That's about all I've got so far. That vault seems to be the most ideal place to hold off though. With 4 people at 23, we were breezing through the levels. We only died because a crawler killed himself while everyone was spread out across the map and were unable to revive each other. So if you're playing with a full 4 people, remember to travel in pairs, ALWAYS! And before you have juggernaut or good guns, everyone should stick together! If someone stays at a stop, everyone should stay with them. The only exception is if it's an early round and they have **** guns, and the next stop is the town, and the box happens to be there. In which case, they will spawn there at the beginning of the round, and can pull money from the bank to go get jugg, a good gun, and be back in business.

Also, one last thing to remember: there is no purchasable gun in the town. So if you run out of ammo, you're ****ed, and must wait until the bus comes around to buy the M23R on the roof of it.

Also, the ONLY guns you should be trying to seek from the box: galil, HAMR, ray gun, and RPD. The Executioner is pretty good for awhile, and upgraded it's pretty ****ing good, but it's limited by it's capacity, and reload speed. With speed cola it's pretty quick, and does a ton of damage. And while the M8A1 and MTAR are pretty decent assault rifles, they pale in comparison to the galil and that AWESOME HAMR, so don't waste your money upgrading them. And no matter how you use them, the War Machine sucks cock, and RPG WILL get you killed.

That's all I have so far. Hope that helps.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 AM #19
SUR3
bangbang

survival, bro. as in we're only playing in town
Old 11-25-2012, 12:37 AM #20
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
Just made it to level 20 survival on town with 3 randoms and none of us had mics. Then my controller died
pballler2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM #21
komodo_117

Quote:
survival, bro. as in we're only playing in town
I got to 22 just chilling in the Bar. One person upstairs standing at the hole in the wall, watching both the window, and the hole where they drop from the roof. The other person sits at the bottom of the stairs and kills everything that enters the bar and in the window behind him.

This is a good map for upgrading The Executioner revolver. Grab speed cola and you can run around popping zombies 2-deep until about round 20.