PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-31-2005, 01:00 AM #1
allforspeed

will a revy with X board keep up??

do you guys think a viewloader 12V with an X board is enough to keep up with pretty much anything a mech cocker can dish out?

i'm bidding on this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and wondering if i should just ship it to my brother and buy a halo or ship it home and use it?? halo's are like 100$ tho, BTW: i have the most trick mech cocker you have ever seen but still a mech and dont plan to eblade it in the future

will a revy with X board feed anything a mech cocker can dish out??!?

Last edited by allforspeed : 07-31-2005 at 01:02 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2005, 01:04 AM #2
godofthelost
They call it...

has been a member for 10 years
the revvy should be fine. id go with a sound activated hopper though. sound activated to me seems like a better idea, and so i used it. the revvy will keep up unless you can rip 14 bps on your mech cocker. also, you can get your bolt to pinch paint, so bolt chops wont matter. then, you are good. but, yeah the revvy will keep up.

MetDTHero: I've never been sigged...
NoBounce_Mid: I am gay. rawr. ;)
cynicalrider: justyna, the one pat met, is naturally busty. i just called my cousin busty.
F1VENOM: tranny's are fun. :P
dervishboy05: Oh my tranny is ****ed.
rdm3000: I just give no ****s
Old 07-31-2005, 01:09 AM #3
allforspeed

i thought sound activation was better too, but right now i only have an ancient 9 volt agitator from like 6 years ago that i can easily outshoot, andsawthis one on ebay for 15$ shipped and am thinking that is a screaming deal, i want a halo but dont want to drop 110$ especially if a mech cocker will never really create a need for it and this revy will do the job, plus my camo neopreme cover will fit it since itst the same shape as my old school one

i have a delrin jam bolt anyway and my gun pinched paint before i got that so it never chops no matter what anymore! i have been playing since 1991 and am pretty fast but i dont think i can rip 14bps on my cocker tho there is no real way to tell how fast im shooting it

Last edited by allforspeed : 07-31-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:12 AM #4
allforspeed

it says it will feed 13bps too, but i know that a paintball fed by gravity in a perfect world can barely fall at 13bps so i just wanted to double check with everyone here,

has anybody used this loader on their gun or autococker and how did they like it?
Old 07-31-2005, 01:19 AM #5
allforspeed

i have heard the older viewloaders respond faster too but i am assuming that a new style revy with two nine volt batteries as well as a four prong paddle and bent paddles should overcome this?
Old 07-31-2005, 03:30 PM #6
cowpox89

yeah i got a sick 03 prostock and a 12v revvi. the only time i ever out feed my revi is when it has low batteries, but i cant out feed it when the batteries are full, so i'd get the revi, but if you are ever going to get something faster then a mech cocker like a timmy or a matrix i would get the halo and forget about the revi, well it all comes down to your choice whether your going to stay with a mech cocker or are going to get a faster gun later on. but believe me "it is not the speed of the gun it is the skill of the player" yeah my friend kills me and my cocker all the time with his WALMART talon ghost
Old 08-02-2005, 04:52 AM #7
allforspeed

cool, can you outshoot the revy if you fan the trigger to make it shoot super fast?? what other hoppers do you guys use?? and what kind of luck do you have with them?

by the way my autococker is a right hand feed, as in NOT a vertical feed (have some sentimental attachement to the body serial number only has four digits!
just trying to match the ultimate capability of my gun with my loader!

do you think a revy with x board will be a noticable difference over a break-beam viewloader from 1996 with only one 9 volt and a two prong paddle?

Last edited by allforspeed : 08-02-2005 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:03 PM #8
iamkindakool

yeah even if the light for low batteries doesnt comeon the revvy will still feed slow. mine doesnt say low batteries and mine skips shots like crazy i know the batteries need changing cuz when i got it i couldnt out feed it with my mech cocker fanning it. but now i shoot like 5bps and it skips so i need new batts. revvys are fine as long as you get it with x board
Old 08-02-2005, 05:04 PM #9
iamkindakool

revvy bwith x-board will do 13bps constant and 15bps in bursts so its faster than a 9volt 2 paddle
Old 08-02-2005, 07:04 PM #10
fudgeman_007

fudgeman_007 is a Supporting Member
I have a 4 paddle turborev board on mine, that keeps up with my mech. I can shoot 14 bps sometimes, and the turborev board definitley keeps up. BTW, what are the specs on your cocker?
Old 08-02-2005, 07:34 PM #11
iamkindakool

whats a turborev board? i have never heard of it.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:41 PM #12
fudgeman_007

It's a board for a revvy (obviously), that was made by W.A.S. . It starts spinning when it sees a movement in the ball, not when there is a gap, this makes it feed faster. It has blinking lights and all tht good stuff. Check it out on pbreview.com, under wicked air sports , or google it.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:43 PM #13
iamkindakool

ok is it any faster? and i knew it was for a revvy i meant what did it do better than x-board
Old 08-02-2005, 07:43 PM #14
allforspeed

shes on oldy but my cocker is pretty trick, not one part stock

here are the specs, uhum:

-1992 body with valve passage drilled out, but its a righthand feed (serial number 22092!)
-shocktech hinge trigger with roller sear, custom polished tuned and lightly sprung everything, everything chromed with sweeet walnut laser engraved grim reaper grips
-ans mini ram with eclipse qev's
-palmers rock reg
-kapp stainless mighty max low pressure chamber
-dye three way
-titanium pump arm and cocking rod
-yellow nelson hammer spring and valve spring
-kapp stainless hammer polished to mirror with crazy polished ans lug
-shocktech rat valve
-torpedo reg with crossfire preset
-3ds delrin back block(super rare)
-newest version delrin jam bolt with delrin pull pin
-kapp drop forward
-otp stainless barrel one piece from years ago that i love! 12 inches long
-stainless screws and beavertail and i'm sure i left out something

-ancient 9 volt viewloader

Last edited by allforspeed : 08-02-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:46 PM #15
fudgeman_007

yeah it feeds at 16 bps constant.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:50 PM #16
allforspeed

i have read and doublechecked the math as well (i was an engineering student for a few years before switched major to finance) and i dont think any gravity fed hopper could possibly feed more than 13 bps, a paintball only has gravity with a force of 9.8 meters/second to push a paintball that only has .68 caliber of distance to fall, this become limited by gravity somewhere near 13 bps. i believe warpig has an articly that proves this as well with a long tube of paintballs straight up that wouldnt feed 13 bps reliabley

thanks for the comment tho!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:50 PM #17
iamkindakool

i know this is kinda off topic but i also have an ans mini ram and wanted to now if the qevs make it cycle any faster because it seems i can fan the trigger faster than my ram can go. also is the jam bolt better than the slik one?
Old 08-02-2005, 07:52 PM #18
iamkindakool

well i got my revvy and put exactly 150 balls in it and it fed them in like 11.sumtin seconds so i think it can feed over 13bps
Old 08-02-2005, 07:56 PM #19
mikechorney
Got Gnomes?

150 balls/13 BPS = 11.5 seconds

So your test proves the theory.
WGP 03 VF Blue e2'd mQ'd Autococker, PE Pneus, Slik Cocking Kit, STO Kaner Barrel Kit, STO Reg.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:57 PM #20
allforspeed

my buddy has an eblade cocker with ans mini ram with qev's and that gun has been tested to 22 bps shooting paint, not just dry firing but actually shooting paint, so it should be as fast as you could ever need, he has a slik block and light bolt too tho, maybe yours is worn, mine got much faster after i took the barbs off when i put the qevs on and poured tons of oil right into the ram, just getting tons of oil in there made a HUGE difference, though mine is many years old by now, i can just tilt my gun and the back block/bolt assembly slides around. i love my ans ram even tho people talk trash about mini rams, they have a smaller oring inside too that has less surface area against the chamber of the ram so they should have less friction than a big bore ram. my buddy has proved that ans mini rams are blisteringly fast as stated above

i LOVE jam bolts, had an aluminum one first and i do think its better than the slik cause you never ever have to worry about chopping ever its light and super efficient, added 20 fps over stock one, if your gun is set up to pinch paint it is not as reliable as the bolt, as soon as you use a thinner shell paint your gun will now chop it right in half and totally ruin your game and any paint in your hopper, i think the jam bolt is the best damn thing since canned beer for any cocker without eyes or a mech one and i have like four of em in my box and have talked all my buddies into using them, the newest version i got is super super light as well, if you want the aluminum one i'll sell it to ya for a good deal, it is brand new, never used, was the wrong length for my gun
extreme282@excite.com

Last edited by allforspeed : 08-02-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:58 PM #21
fudgeman_007

What theory? That he has an X-board?