Ny Blackout
"Lights Out"

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDep
they don't even make vikings anymore,

ummm
Old 07-17-2004, 03:46 PM #45
FleeR

they may not make them anymore but they still sell them nib so who cares... and you know what i hate about my viking?

it makes me shoot too much paint cause im never fixing it... other than replacing batteries in my halo
Old 07-17-2004, 03:53 PM #46
runs with siccors
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by painball_3000314
Viking, more effician, more reliable, weight isnt bothersome, easy to use/maintain, all aroung better marker.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:47 PM #47
izrn
Throwin bows

izrn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Viking hands down. My viking has been relegatedas my backup now, but its still the most reliable and efficient gun ive ever owned. If only I can get the efficiancy passed on to my DM4 , then ill be set.
**RETIRED**
Old 07-18-2004, 12:58 AM #48
Ross
Somewhat an OG

Ross is a Supporting Member
I've got the experience with both guns.

I just sold my viking 2 days ago

My brother just bought a Dynasty shocker 1 weeka ago.

in the 4+ monthes I owned my viking I changed the battery 1 time becuase I had a tournament, and for some reason I had a spare 9volt laying around.... ummm that's the extent of my problems with my viking... damn... that really sucked when nothing went wrong with my gun for 4+ monthes.

My brother has had his shocker for 1 week... it's let him down in 4 seperate occaisions. He aired it up, and it wouldn't fire for a damn... it also had extremely bad kick once this was solved... after I put about an hour and a half of work into this gun tuning it, rebuilding the Maxflo, lubing the bolt, and chronoing it... it finally worked pretty good for about a day... then he went to use it again, and I had to do it all over.

so lets see... Shocker will work good for about a week, a viking will work flawlessly for 4+ monthes, and not to mention a team mate has an '03 immortal that hasn't "gone down" in roughly 10 monthes...

Feedback
Old 07-18-2004, 03:43 AM #49
Froth
Offset is everything.

Froth is a Moderator
Froth is a Supporting Member
Froth is BST Trusted
Froth helped look for balloons
Froth supports our troops
Quote:
Originally posted by BigDep
they do hold up well when they get alll muddy, i saw this first hand at my local field. i said they were BASED off an old impulse design, i did not say that they WERE totally an impulse design. they couldn't make it a stack like an impulse, or smart parts would have taken the company instead of shutting down the viking.
So, what you're saying is that any Stacked tube design, Be it electropnuematic or Blow-Back is based off the Impulse? - Remember that the Stacked tube design came BEFORE the Impulse so the Impulse is based off that. Once you come to your senses and realize that the extra money you spend on a viking is worth it because you will never need to repair it, or buy upgrades to make the internals weight the "correct" amount. You dont need to do anything to your Viking. Now, the Shocker is built on a somewhat proven spool valve design but it has a major downfall, The design is inherently in-efficient because it is very hard to "turn off" a spool valve design, which is where the Evolve boltkit comes in but wait? You're spending MORE money on your "high end" marker to make it shoot better. This seems to be a big trend with SP markers...The Impulse, again.

Now...before someone comes out and stakes claims that I have no idea what I'm talking about. I've owned both a Viking and An Impulse and Shot several Shockers., I had a Nasty Impulse a year ago and I must say it did shoot good. But, that was after I put $350 worth of Upgrades into it. having to put $350 into a $600 gun to make it reliable and shoot as well as it did is unacceptable to me, Which is why I traded the Impulse for an Excalibur and then later on Sold that to buy a Raw Viking. I spent $780 on that and had it anodized for $80 and it shot without a doubt better than my Impulse, Was more reliable, Faster and MUCH more efficient. For roughly $100 less than it cost to get my Nasty Impulse to where it was. The Viking's Pyramid 3 tube design is much like the angel, EXCEPT that the entire left tube is reserved for LP Air, that is one freaking HUGE LP chamber that runs the entire length of the gun which allows the Viking to run as such amazingly low pressures, such as 120-160psi at 300fps and getting 1800 shots off a 68/45. This design has also helped the viking to retain the "fastest cycling marker" award, Vikings have been Recorded at 43 FULL cycles in 1.00 Seconds, It has been reported to get as high at 48 Cycles in 1.00 Seconds. That is something most people shake off as you will never be able to shoot that fast in a game, but it is completley possible for someone to shoot 2 shots at a "40 bps pace" while snapshooting, and with a Halo B which under spring pressure can burst 40-50bps that is completley possible, this means I can get my two shots off faster than you can and be back in tight to my bunker before you know what hit you.

Now, again...before everyone calls me on favoring the Viking because I'm a tech, you're wrong. I became a tech because AKA has flat out the best customer service on the planet and I want to be part of that. If AKA Messes something up, they admit it and take an action to correct it. If your viking/excalibur ever goes down for any reason there are so many Cert. AKA tech's willing to diagnose and fix your problem. You will never regret becoming part of the AKA family. The Viking flat out beats the Shocker in every possible category other than Weight, and if you want to complain about the weight of a gun, I shoot a Viking with a 91/45 and a Halo, When I'm out on the field slinging paint, I feel no diffrence with a Shocker on the same Setup. If you cant lift the Extra Pound, maybee 2 depending on setup then stop playing paintball.

Viking > Shocker.

22bps Full Auto, Halo B. Viking:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/c77bronco/pandorafull.wmv

In the end it might come down to prefrence, but I prefer to have a gun that is fast, efficient and 100% Reliable that I have to do no upgrades to, that alone is why I choose the AKA Viking. It's nice that I havent taken my Viking apart in 6+ months to lube it, or do a single thing. The only thing I have done is changed the battery.

-Kevin
Do not click this.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:40 AM #50
Heebs (Banned)
KOREA!

Either I got a perfectly working gun or you all got lemons (those bashing the shockers). I bought mine used, aired it up and ripped, no problems with vision, I get ~over 1000 shots off a 68/4000 fill and expect over 1500 with my evolve bolt. I play pretty aggresive and I havent had a problem with the shocker breaking or crapping out on me. Its light, its fast and if you just take care of lubing the bolt orings you arent going to have a problem with it. Also I am shooting the first gen stock delrin bolt, havent shredded a single oring. I really doubt half of you guys that are talking bad about the shocker have ever actually OWNED one. Just because you have shot one doesnt means you know a thing about the gun, and you only really hear about the bad rather than the good.

On that note, vikings are good guns too. It is really what you prefer, vikings are more expensive than shockers. You dont even need vision on the 03 either, I have decently fast fingers and got a bunch of blank shots when I was shooting with a empire reloader b vision off.

The only downfall of the 03 is the efficiency, the viking has it beat there, but the larger profile of the viking is the big turn off for me, though if I could get a 04 in Red I would probably pick it up. Always wanted to have a viking for at least a week (I am a super gun whore...)

Seeing as this is backup Id take the shocker cause its cheaper.

Heebs
Old 07-18-2004, 12:59 PM #51
Matrixripper
Original Gangsta

thats why theres more then one "high end" gun....they are all good if they work.

The shockers spool vavle is just like a matrix but little smaller. so if its the same as a matrix then all u have to do is keep those o-rings in good condition.

It doesnt matter if youve had the gun or not your gonna be biast anyway its human nature....just go shoot the gun and u decide no one here can tell u what to get......go shoot em all......get a gun.....and kill people. all there is to it.

these gun vs. gun threads are a waste of time its always just gonna be a biast telling of the poster's opinion depending on the forum its in.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:28 PM #52
Gimplar
Gainesville/Tampa

Makes sense to me. Not one thread has been posted saying that the Viking was less efficient, reliable or doesn't shoot as well as a shocker. not one post saying that vikings were high maintenence. In fact it was the opposite, having to run oil through your maker before playing with it? Sending it in once a year to tech it? IT shoots great, super efficient, pick up and play quality but heavier.

Sounds like the perfect backup gun to me. Why would you want to go with a lighter, prettier gun that has a reputation for breaking down?

Go Viking.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:40 PM #53
Froth
Offset is everything.

Froth is a Moderator
Froth is a Supporting Member
Froth is BST Trusted
Froth helped look for balloons
Froth supports our troops
You can save money, Buy a viking and you never need a backup! hehe.

-Kevin
Do not click this.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:44 PM #54
AyanamiRei (Banned)
yuo liek teh brasseire??/

Quote:
Originally posted by Froth
[2-page essay]
if a mod flames you with a very well-organized college essay, you know you lose.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:57 PM #55
impy017 (Banned)
Banned

if i were u i wouldnt get either the viking is a little too bgig dontn get me wrong but the shocker is nice when it works i had one and sold it fo my dm4
Old 07-19-2004, 07:13 PM #56
EZE

Personally I have seen more shockers with trouble than without. The Viking on the other hand is a tank and as fast as there is. The only advantage the shocker would have is the weight and that's only a few ounces.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:41 AM #57
tribalmaster
Get a Viking you noob.

there is no gun in my oppinion that is too heavy for your average human to play paintball with. if you cant handle ANY paintball gun, your just simply to weak. i have never shot an 03 shocker, but ive heard more bad then good. but i do know that my viking is the most reliable, fast, efficiant marker ive ever owned and ill have it for quite a while, and im a major gun whore. and another thing is i have NEVER heard someone that has owned a viking say they didnt like it or they hated it or it gave them too much trouble ect.. have you? and have you heard people say these things of a shocker? answer that then make your decision

Viking #233
b2k2 BLING BLING
Old 07-20-2004, 05:13 AM #58
Destructive Customs
AKA Tech

Annual Supporting Member
Destructive Customs supports our troops
want to know how to work on a Viking?

2-3 drops of oil in the ASA before you play

wipe it down after it IF you feel like it

put it in your gear bag, and as long as you were smart enough to turn it off it will be there for you whenever you need it

*cough shamless plug*and if you were looking for a light Viking we have a few 04 destructives and fsp destructives
the fsp are within 2 oz of the "oh so light" shocker
Wanted all below
Any Viking/ Excal bodies,03 eye covers, used cartridges
PM UL frame