PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM #85
A Contract Killer

has been a member for 10 years
Before everyone went cray? They were usually around $1,100.

I will say this much, it's a good time to be a guy who likes bolt actions. I bet I trade my VZ for a hell of a hunting rifle or two.
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2013, 04:24 PM #86
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

I want a real nice bolt action rifle.

I don't know why. Almost everyone I shoot with hates them, but I want something dead simple, reliable, and super accurate.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM #87
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin

My nips are raw
Old 01-15-2013, 04:36 PM #88
A Contract Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
I want a real nice bolt action rifle.

I don't know why. Almost everyone I shoot with hates them, but I want something dead simple, reliable, and super accurate.
Almost everyone you shoot with is probably a ****ing retard who only likes tacti-cool ARs and AKs so they can feel like they're playing army. Unfortunately, there are a lot of those types out there.

I don't dislike semi automatic actions but I have a strong preference towards bolt actions and lever actions. Hell, even the pump action Remington 7600 .308 is a solid deer rifle.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 PM #89
visualx
Raise Your Weapon

going to see django tonight. yeeee

i'm also debating a bolt action. that's what i grew up shooting, and they seem to have the biggest kind of connection to the gun (not nostalgia, but the kind of "grounded" feeling you get with certain cars)

that might not be the best word. i'm tired
Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 PM #90
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Damn, I can get good quality rotors for my POS car from Amazon for $19 shipped. Don't really need to replace them but that's pretty cheap. Not sure I want to support them while doing their ***** labor though.

Matt, you work for Amazon still?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:43 PM #91
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Contract Killer View Post
Almost everyone you shoot with is probably a ****ing retard who only likes tacti-cool ARs and AKs so they can feel like they're playing army. Unfortunately, there are a lot of those types out there.

I don't dislike semi automatic actions but I have a strong preference towards bolt actions and lever actions. Hell, even the pump action Remington 7600 .308 is a solid deer rifle.
why don't you stop being part of the problem and trying to tell people what they need? why are people so quick to vote away the rights of others if they thing it doesn't effect them? you realize if they ban semi-auto "assault weapons," your "high powered sniper rifles," are next. Now is when you tell me I am being ridiculous and you ignore the fact that they've already laid out their plan and its basically exactly as I said.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:46 PM #92
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Quote:

I think a big part of it is probably me having grown up around bolt-action rifles. I went out shooting a ton of times with bolt-action guns before I shot anything semi-auto. The same is not true for most of the people I go with.

Though, the people I shoot with (with the exception of one dude) aren't all super tacticool douches. The two ARs are setup for long range stuff with good optics rather than like cheap red dot **** and grips/lights/whatever. Seems to be more interest in pistols than semi-auto rifles, even. I'm the only one who ever brings anything bolt-action, though, and it's only a .22.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:52 PM #93
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Most enjoyable gun I've fired so far has been the Enfield my family has. Not exactly cheap to fire at $1 a round, but we don't take it out that much anyways.

Also live in Arizona, besides prices going way up for a while I don't think I'll suffer too much from this crap. Dick's sporting goods had a Troy AR-15 on sale on black friday for like $700-$800. It's probably worth $1400 now. If I ever see a deal like that again I'm buying it.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM #94
Alan777
Tree Fitty

newest nsx concept looks sick
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Old 01-15-2013, 04:56 PM #95
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

There's a place in CT called Hoffman's. They had a sale on M&P15s that got so much attention that the crowd made the news

Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM #96
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan777 View Post
newest nsx concept looks sick
will never be made. give no ****s.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM #97
A Contract Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
why don't you stop being part of the problem and trying to tell people what they need? why are people so quick to vote away the rights of others if they thing it doesn't effect them? you realize if they ban semi-auto "assault weapons," your "high powered sniper rifles," are next. Now is when you tell me I am being ridiculous and you ignore the fact that they've already laid out their plan and its basically exactly as I said.
Pro tip: I'm not a member of the New York State Assembly and didn't have a vote in this bill. I didn't vote for the members currently in the New York State Assembly in the election in which I did have a vote.

Regarding magazine capacity, I think going from 10 to 7 is pretty dumb just because it ****s up the magazines people already have. While I am not terribly opposed to the ownership of 30 round magazines (I have one), there is absolutely no way anyone can justifiably tell me they need one and quite honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them banned. I think 10 rounds is a fine number though even though most of my guns can't hold nearly that many rounds anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
I think a big part of it is probably me having grown up around bolt-action rifles. I went out shooting a ton of times with bolt-action guns before I shot anything semi-auto. The same is not true for most of the people I go with.

Though, the people I shoot with (with the exception of one dude) aren't all super tacticool douches. The two ARs are setup for long range stuff with good optics rather than like cheap red dot **** and grips/lights/whatever. Seems to be more interest in pistols than semi-auto rifles, even. I'm the only one who ever brings anything bolt-action, though, and it's only a .22.
I grew up shooting bolt action rifles and pump shotguns. Probably because most of the time I spent around guns was while hunting rather than at a shooting range. Nothing wrong with a good single shot rifle either.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 PM #98
F1VENOM

Lives in Mass, whines about the gun laws. Tells you to vociferously voice your outrage over gun laws and stand up for your rights.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 01-15-2013, 05:19 PM #99
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
10-7 is a ****ing joke as with most gun laws . All they try and do is ban whatever the most popular **** made or used is so you have special edition guns like NJ legal ak47s which drives up prices and makes less people buy them
Old 01-15-2013, 05:19 PM #100
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

I said quit telling people what they do and do not need. Very simple concept for you to understand, Heath. I don't even know why I haven't ignore listed you yet.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 PM #101
evil dutch

I'd like to see someone put an AR action with a small mag in a hunting style stock and see how many people can tell what it actually is.

I think most people just see any rifle that's not easily identified as a hunting tool as a weapon for killing en masse.

"Originally posted by I'm inebriated: Vinny are you working in bham? You and shawty should totally Eiffel tower his wife if so."
Old 01-15-2013, 05:22 PM #102
F1VENOM

How is he telling anyone what they do and do not need?

If you ignored me that's one less person in a short list of people who talk to you on a regular basis.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM #103
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
While I am not terribly opposed to the ownership of 30 round magazines (I have one), there is absolutely no way anyone can justifiably tell me they need one and quite honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them banned.
Very simple, see if you can read for yourself next time.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:27 PM #104
2ffu

Vinny is a fudd.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 PM #105
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ffu View Post