PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-05-2011, 01:38 PM #1
Rome494

Speedball At Southern Alabama Paintball

Southern alabama paintball has put up a speedball field. Any Speeball or tourney guys are welcome to come and check it out. Saturdays or Sundays just call ahead. WWW.SouthernAlabamaPaintball.com
Rome494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2011, 02:31 PM #2
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe is playing at Living Legends IX
duos_scythe is playing at Living Legends X
duos_scythe is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
duos_scythe supports Ninja Paintball
duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
I'll be checking out the field in about 2 weeks. What Nelson paint is in stock? I haven't shot Nelson in years, all the local fields in Michigan use Empire/RPS.
Christ Krew Member #46 / Liberty University Flames / Matthew 28:19 "πορευθέντες"
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
duos_scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:49 PM #3
rnberry

!
rnberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:16 PM #4
Aaron P

Aaron P plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Aaron P plays in the MiLP
Aaron P plays in the APPA D2 division
any pictures of the field?
Aaron P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:01 AM #5
Nemes

The field is only put up on request. March 18th will be the next time the field is set up for team tryouts. It was set up for 4 months and had no interest from players. All the work of take down and setup was not worth it cause no one used it. We tried but it was the players who let it fail.
Nemes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:19 PM #6
killacam5525

sweet if weather holds i may swing over there this weekend since theres an airball field
killacam5525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:53 PM #7
Silencio

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemes View Post
The field is only put up on request. March 18th will be the next time the field is set up for team tryouts. It was set up for 4 months and had no interest from players. All the work of take down and setup was not worth it cause no one used it. We tried but it was the players who let it fail.
Judging by the stories I've heard about your field and the way you treat speedballers. You might as well go ahead and sell your airball bunkers and keep focused on your woodsball
Silencio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:39 PM #8
TheThirdParrot

TheThirdParrot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheThirdParrot plays in the APPA D5 division
TheThirdParrot has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheThirdParrot has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Judging by the stories I've heard about your field and the way you treat speedballers. You might as well go ahead and sell your airball bunkers and keep focused on your woodsball
Ive never been to SAP and Ive been willing to try it out I just haven't had the time. Those are some pretty bold claims from someone that doesn't seem to have even been to the field. Do you believe everything you hear? There are a lot of ignorant individuals in the world spreading "their side" of the story.

I am just curious to hear the stories that you have heard just so I know what to look out for when I actually give the field a shot for myself.

Last edited by TheThirdParrot : 04-03-2012 at 02:47 PM.
TheThirdParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 PM #9
Aaron P

Aaron P plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Aaron P plays in the MiLP
Aaron P plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThirdParrot View Post
Ive never been to SAP and Ive been willing to try it out I just haven't had the time. Those are some pretty bold claims from someone that doesn't seem to have even been to the field. Do you believe everything you hear? There are a lot of ignorant individuals in the world spreading "their side" of the story.

I am just curious to hear the stories that you have heard just so I know what to look out for when I actually give the field a shot for myself.
bottom of page 1 and start of page 2 here...

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3415703
Aaron P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM #10
TheThirdParrot

Thanks for the info. Ill keep that in mind.

Are you one of the guys me and a really tall saquatch dude played with at bobs a few months back? There were only 6 or 7 out there total.

Last edited by TheThirdParrot : 04-03-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:44 PM #11
Silencio

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Those are some pretty bold claims from someone that doesn't seem to have even been to the field.
I apologize if I made it seem that I had played at the field. I have not. I do not understand where I said or remotely said that I had. I apologize if you read between the hidden lines that were not there

Quote:
Do you believe everything you hear? There are a lot of ignorant individuals in the world spreading "their side" of the story.

Ignorant, I do not think this word means what you think it means.
Dictionary.com Ignorant - lacking in knowledge or training

I personally would have used several other words to describe those individuals you speak of, many of them are starred out words, but ignorant is not one.

Yes, I heard their first hand accounts of what occurred and immediately dismissed them as being the starred out words previously mentioned. But the Facebook account for Southern Alabama really seemed to back up the outlandish stories.

Me personally. My decision to never go to the field stems from 2 facts
1. Earlier in this post a representative of the field, blamed the players for the failure of their Speed ball field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemes View Post
It was set up for 4 months and had no interest from players. All the work of take down and setup was not worth it cause no one used it. We tried but it was the players who let it fail.
I can understand why they don't put up the field, personally I wouldn't either. But placing the blame directly on the players is unforgivable in my book. And I did also have a public spat with another field owner regarding treatment of their players as well.

2. The concept of a private field is thinly veiled excuse to not buy Insurance. I understand that it cuts down on costs, but that only hurts the responsible field owners. This is my personal choice, and I do not preach on it. And before you say I'm bias against this, Just a few days ago I listed Southern Alabama paintball as a great place to go for Woods ball.

I just do not like the way Speed ballers are treated

I actually wanted to play at this field prior to learning these 2 things, long before this other incident occurred.

Anyway I digress, a great philosopher on the Internet once said "It doesn't matter who wins an argument on the internet, you are both Losers."

But if you do go to the field and have a good SPEED BALL experience, post up and I'm sure others would be glad to hear the stories. But all I have ever heard is defense from the woods ball/scenario crowd
Silencio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM #12
TheThirdParrot

Woah sorry dude. You didnt have to write all of that in your defence.

No disrespect was intended. its the lack of knowledge that causes people to be biased with their opinions. You dont always get the full story on the amazing internet. Just because one person says a movie sucks doesnt mean it sucks. You cant say the movie sucks unless you have seen for yourself that it in fact really does suck. Thats pretty much the point I was trying to make by that. I wasnt trying to attack you or anything and I agree with most if not all of what you have said.

I apologize for not making it more clear.

Last edited by TheThirdParrot : 04-03-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 PM #13
TheThirdParrot

We use to setup our airball one weekend a month. I would have loved for it to stay up 4 months back where I used to play.

Last edited by TheThirdParrot : 04-03-2012 at 07:39 PM.
ReplyRegional Ups