PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-30-2002, 11:28 PM #1
sukmitoe7

has been a member for 10 years
Question excaliber or angel

im looking to buy a new gun and i cant make up my mind. right now im leaning towards the excal, but i want to know what u guys think so help me out.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2002, 11:54 PM #2
MicroB

Your going to get a slightly Bias answer as you are in the AKA forum . At one point most of us in this forum were in the same boat. It still comes down to personal preference. I personaly bought an Excal. because there is less chance of ball breakage, more efficient on air and closed bolt operation. Read the Excal. FAQ's stickied to the top of this forum. IT is some of the best info you can get.

Thx, B
Old 03-30-2002, 11:56 PM #3
mr_pollock

Go try 'em both out and see which one you like more But, I like the Excalibur More!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 06:03 AM #4
Hopperfly

Well if you want something that you can slap a bunch of happy little parts on and call it your own get an Angel. Or if you want something that is more efficient and once broken in will pinch even bad warped paint but it fully modded so no happy little extra parts get the Excal.

Thats just my .02 cents...

But I'm biased because I don't own either just have teamates with both. I shoot a cocker bow down before the magic accuracy elves!

P.S. You get magic elves with the excal tooo... Believe in the magic elves...I do!
Old 04-05-2002, 11:35 AM #5
Hyper8

Oh the elves......the ELVES

Hopperfly's right about the accuracy elves, you have to sign a release form for the little buggers when you buy the marker!
Old 04-05-2002, 03:45 PM #6
Sully

After I got my Excalibur, I sold all of my Angels. (Had 3) Never looked back...
Old 04-05-2002, 07:29 PM #7
Hopperfly

Yes the Elves... I mean come on people think about it. Why do people compare accuracy to cockers? Because they are accurate because they're closed bolt. When they do those stinking tests they say things like almost no difference. And other stuff like that kinda BS. I'm not saying open bolt is more accurate. I met a guy who had a shocker and said that it was the most accurate marker he' ever shot. Why would you pay an extra $500 for an Excaliber when the only difference is the Viking is closed bolt?

Well let's just say the elves are hard at work and the excaliber is the finest shooting marker I've ever shot. Supposedly it was a one of a kinda milled, pewter one. If you know a guy named Dremel thn you know what Excaliber I'm talking about.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:34 PM #8
ballbusters86

You got that backwards dude.

Excal- Closed bolt
Viking- Open bolt
Old 04-06-2002, 05:48 AM #9
Hopperfly

Ah yes had it right in my head and worded it wrong. lol

Thats almost as bad as the first time I saw an Excaliber that was milled and annoe'd and asked the guy "Hey what kind of Angel is that?" lol But at that point I had never seen or heard of one.