Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-04-2007, 10:01 AM #1
Little Man

Little Man is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
RT retroing too fast

hey all

My brother picked up anold school RT and I am having a really hard time not breaking paint in it. I have tried everything I can think of but I can't seem to get it working right. Right now I have it running at around 650 psi and it is bouncing like crazy. I mean I know that the stock mag bolt is bad for chopping paint in the first place but I am just woundering if there is anything else that I can do to help it not to retro as much. I was thinking that it just might be the way the gun is and just might have to get a halo or something like it insted of the rev that is on it now.

if anyone has any info it would be great.

http://www.paintballencounters.com
Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada
Little Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2007, 11:15 AM #2
viper-mayhem

Fast loader will help.
viper-mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:23 AM #3
apunkjunkie

Getting a LVLX bolt will help too (if you don't have it). A LVLX won't totally eliminate chops, but it'll greatly reduce them.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:24 AM #4
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Faster loader, check sear and bolt for signs of wear, could be an aftermarket bolt has been worn down due to the sear and is not fully catching the bolt. 1000 psi or higher is required to give the R/T effect, so either your gauge is broken on your tank, or you need to rebuild your reg. Make sure your nubbin in the barrel isnt broke. Update your feed plug to the parabolic one if you havent already done so. Buy a level10 bolt or at the very least, an AGD level 7 Foamy bolt will help reduce chops/breaks. Also, make sure your not short stroking the trigger.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:38 AM #5
Little Man

as for the tank all the gauges and everything on it are ok. I am not joking when I tell you that it retros at 650 psi I found a sweet spot in it last night and it was crazy lol but if I can get away with a faster loader I just baught an angel that comes with a halo so that will take care of it. As for anything else I don't know much about RTs myself but I will have to see what else I can do. i was thinking of the LVLX bolt but I don't know if I want to spend 100 bucks on something that might not help ya know. I want to shoot this thing as fast as it is now and I amhoping that a halo will do it.

let me know if you think it will

Old 11-04-2007, 11:45 AM #6
the1antichrist
Paintball Sams ref Stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Man View Post
I want to shoot this thing as fast as it is now and I amhoping that a halo will do it.

let me know if you think it will
most fields wont let you use an rt that cant fire a single shot without reacting that fast. check with your local field about rts before using it. my rt does the same thing and the only thing that ''helps'' is a lvl 10. but tuning is a pain. mine still isnt bouncing off paint grrrrrr. i think ill start a thread on this problem soon.
paintball pagan club#7
~~Official Paintball Sams PBN Thread
My New MINI
Dont live your life with a cross in your hand playing follow the Leader.
Follow your own Path.

Last edited by the1antichrist : 11-04-2007 at 11:46 AM. Reason: miss spelling
the1antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:20 PM #7
longi

The retro valve is diesigned to run at 800 + psi not 650 psi. A Halo B is a safe loader to get, the quicker you can feed paint in the better it will perform. The Level 10 with the middle spring or harder will also eliminate the chops.
longi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:14 PM #8
Little Man

then I think that I have a problem with something cuse its running at 650 psi and its nutts. As for the field Rose ( she owns the place ) she told me that it would be ok as long as I don't "over do it". So basicaly I can use it just not for like 30 seconds at a time there are guys using ramping stuff so they don't mind that much.

The part that I am concerned with is that the marker says onteh bottom of the gun to un 600 to 800 psi I kept it the same as I use oin my angel and its at 650 so does that mean I have a problem or what?

Old 11-04-2007, 01:49 PM #9
[NA]WARLORD

No, 600 psi is sufficient, but you may lose velocity after due to the recharge rate. 800-850 psi is standard on preset tanks but just about all Mags will work on 600 psi.

You could pick up a longer on/off pin to reduce the retro effect, sounds like yours maybe worn.

I still think one of your gauges is off, because if your retroing without any shootdown, and the gauge stays at 650, then your gauge is bad, it should fluctuate a little during rapid fire (the needle) as the pressure wont stay constant enough at that low to sustain high rates of fire.

Halo B with a lvl10 will be the best answer to chopping period.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:15 PM #10
Little Man

the pressure does fluctuate a little yeah but I mean I haven't had any problems with drop off at all the only reason I could think of for not starving the gun is its a maxflow reg. Its an older one but it does work well I am thinking that something might be a little worn after all its an old gun but if I can get away with only 650 psi and have to work well then thats ok with me lol. there is a small bit of drop off after about 10 or 12 shots but thats about it and it was fine over the chrony too. I mean its not a big deal I have a lot of time to get it working beore I have to play again I was just wondering what if anything I can do to get it working better.

I am wondering if its just shooting really well and I just don't have the olader to keep up. Yesterday when i shot it I had no problems with good paint but the event i was at was sponsored my canadian tire and we had to use Zap paint and that didn't help much I don't think so maybe with a halo and good paint i will be ok

Old 11-05-2007, 06:26 PM #11
paintballtruck

the original rts are supposed to have an input from 600 - 800 according to my rt mag since it is engraved on it from the factory some people need to get their info right before they start trying to tell the facts
mine also is doin the same thing
paintballtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM #12
mr doo doo
doo doo, stanky

there's never too much bounce . good luck man.
mr doo doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 PM #13
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballtruck View Post
the original rts are supposed to have an input from 600 - 800 according to my rt mag since it is engraved on it from the factory some people need to get their info right before they start trying to tell the facts
The valve needs 600 psi to operate/function. However, for the retro effect, its usually 950 or better psi to achieve the bounce action. Little Man is claiming bounce at 650 psi, which is unbelivable, however, "not" calling him a liar either. In X Valves, some people add shims to their on/off pins to get the r/t action, which results in a shorter on/off pin and less psi input to activate the effect. So to counteract the problem, you guys should invest in a longer on/off pin.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:54 PM #14
the1antichrist
Paintball Sams ref Stewie

he has a point. find out if there is a ult installed on your valve. if there is i bet it has like 6,7, or maybe more shims in it. u can shim the hell outta that ult on/off and it will go full out.
paintball pagan club#7
~~Official Paintball Sams PBN Thread
My New MINI
Dont live your life with a cross in your hand playing follow the Leader.
Follow your own Path.
the1antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 PM #15
Little Man

theres nothing on mine from the ult at all its an old school rt that is bouncing like crazy t 650 psi. I don't think its a bad thing i just wanted to see if there was something wrong but if there are other people in here that have the same thing so thats ok I will just have to get a better loader

Old 11-06-2007, 03:57 PM #16
viper-mayhem

I think the faster loader will make you happier. The RT is a fast marker and with a little practice on you trigger sensitivity, you will be able to control the marker for single shots to full RT.
viper-mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:04 PM #17
Little Man

thats what I thought. I figured that might be the problem and its not mine its my bros I mean he just baught an angel like 30 mins ago but I still want this thing going it will make a nice back up gun and the rof will keep up with just about anything. I will just need like a 200 ci tank to keep the gas in it lol