Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 AM #127
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball View Post
We have a wedding that weekend. George summed everything else up though.
I think we can all keep it friendly because that's what sports are all about. How about we set this up for next year's Polar Bears vs Penguins???
k2riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 AM #128
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedaddy View Post
Wade, I have been on the losing side of a lopsided battle as well. I feel your pain!

I'm sorry you and your group had a horrible time. I'm sure most echo my sentiment. I just want people to go out and have fun and enjoy the game and the people we meet.

I know a few teams backed out at the last second, which hurt the Bears' side. The producers did try to help out by allowing a second tank, I believe, as well as moving us back from the spawn...It looks like it was too little too late. Frustrating, I know...But producing a game that everyone likes is a difficult thing to do. Everyone they do is better than the previous game. They learn from the mistakes and criticisms. I'm sure, if you and your group come back for the Alamo game, you will see even more improvements.

As far as gloating, I'm being objective as I possibly can here, I'm not sure I see where Steve was gloating. He thanked his teams, the field, the refs, as well as the opposing general. He, as far as I'm concerned is a class act in the paintball community. Steve takes what he does with his team very seriously, and it shows.

All I'm asking is that you come out and play again at the Alamo game. PM me, and I will be sure that my team, Black Dog Mafia, will join you on the front lines...I promise you will have fun with us!
Thanks Pete!!

Like Pete said...There were two teams that were supposed to play for the Polar Bears who backed out at the last second because it was too cold. I would be embarrassed to say that when the game is called POLAR BEARS vs PENGUINS!!

We did what we could to even out the sides. It always sucks to change teams halfway through the day. If you would have said you were having a bad time though, we would have happily switched with you and your friends. The General's job is to recruit as best they can and they had a few months to do it. Sometimes it is hard when it comes to winter games.

One bad experience should never stop you from trying something again. Again, if you would have told us that your friends weren't having a good time, we would have made sure you all enjoyed yourselves the rest of the day. If you don't tell anyone, how could they possibly help you???
Old 01-29-2013, 11:55 AM #129
Wade3

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2riser View Post
Before you bash the field or me, you should understand how the games work. I'm guessing you have not been to many of these games before.

I went to approx. 20 games last year. More than half of them were lopsided because that Command Staff did a better job recruiting. I don't think it is right to take teams away from a General after he has recruited them for months.

As far as sheer numbers, the Polar Bears had more people. We went on the Penguins side because we only had about 14 or 15 guys total. If you really want the numbers, the Polar Bears were ahead by about 10 people in the morning before start time. We added 20 people in the team of Black Out Protocol which would give them 30 more than the Penguins. The only reason I did that was because they wanted to play Polar Bears and they had 2 LAWs which would even out the Law numbers. I then proceeded to put our team on the Penguins which would still leave the Polar Bears ahead by approx. 15 people so, before you go bashing people get the facts.

The problem you had was keeping your players on the field! Every time I went to refill my air or paint, I saw whole teams in the parking lot or groups with red tape. That is no way to win.

This is also the first time I met the Polar Bears General. I asked for Generals and he stepped up. Maybe if you think you can do a better job, you should step up instead of talking trash about others and the field. Don't just talk trash, come up with a solution. I am very easy to find!!! I wear a bright blue Jersey because I want you to see me coming. Like Delta said...come find me and tell me what your issues are. Don't wait until you get here and start talking trash. Plus the only way we can make games better is if you give feedback. If you thought we should make changes throughout the day, why didn't you come talk to us or talk to the owners. We would have given you our BLUE tape and taken your RED tape and we would have continued to KICK A$$!!

STEP UP INSTEAD OF TALKING HERE WHERE ITS SAFE!!!
I have played enough to know better, that's for sure.

And you said it right there: I didn't feel safe talking to you at the field, because it was obvious to anyone on my side that you just didn't care, or were complicit. That's not trash, it's truth. The numbers may have been even, but if you've played that many games, you know that talent matters more than numbers. Organized teams will beat out inexperienced rec players any day. I have to believe that, as experienced as you are, you knew exactly what you were doing. The reason we couldn't keep players on the field was because we had 70% rentals. But you already know that since you helped make it happen.

And since we're shining spotlights, the argument that you didn't want to switch teams that the general had recruited doesn't hold water. Are you saying that Hostile Takeover, a home field team, was recruited and have been dedicated to the blue team all along, or did you decide on the day of the game who to play for? If the former, why keep that secret unless you planned for this to happen all along? If the latter, why choose the side with the obvious advantage? Finally, why switch Blackout Protocol, when we all knew from day 1 they were Penguins? Either way, I call shenanigans, especially since you are sponsored by the field.

And that's another point. I paid good money to come and play this game. Did you or any of the sponsored teams pay to play? Didn't think so. So technically, my opinion is more valid because I lost something due to your not caring about your customers. I hope you and the rest of your cohorts had a good time shooting Delta, because it's already cost you customers and respect.
Wade3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:21 PM #130
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

has been a member for 10 years
shadawg donated to help Peyton Trent
shadawg owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:

All I'm asking is that you come out and play again at the Alamo game. PM me, and I will be sure that my team, Black Dog Mafia, will join you on the front lines...I promise you will have fun with us!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM #131
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

shadawg donated to help Peyton Trent
shadawg owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
I think we can all keep it friendly because that's what sports are all about. How about we set this up for next year's Polar Bears vs Penguins???
Nah. Sooner. More often.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 PM #132
Wade3

Quote:
I think we can all keep it friendly because that's what sports are all about.
Right. Like experienced teams beating up on walk-ons and kids all day. Real friendly.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:30 PM #133
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade3 View Post
I have played enough to know better, that's for sure.

And you said it right there: I didn't feel safe talking to you at the field, because it was obvious to anyone on my side that you just didn't care, or were complicit. That's not trash, it's truth. The numbers may have been even, but if you've played that many games, you know that talent matters more than numbers. Organized teams will beat out inexperienced rec players any day. I have to believe that, as experienced as you are, you knew exactly what you were doing. The reason we couldn't keep players on the field was because we had 70% rentals. But you already know that since you helped make it happen.

And since we're shining spotlights, the argument that you didn't want to switch teams that the general had recruited doesn't hold water. Are you saying that Hostile Takeover, a home field team, was recruited and have been dedicated to the blue team all along, or did you decide on the day of the game who to play for? If the former, why keep that secret unless you planned for this to happen all along? If the latter, why choose the side with the obvious advantage? Finally, why switch Blackout Protocol, when we all knew from day 1 they were Penguins? Either way, I call shenanigans, especially since you are sponsored by the field.

And that's another point. I paid good money to come and play this game. Did you or any of the sponsored teams pay to play? Didn't think so. So technically, my opinion is more valid because I lost something due to your not caring about your customers. I hope you and the rest of your cohorts had a good time shooting Delta, because it's already cost you customers and respect.
You know what...You can talk all you want. Everyone that knows me knows that I care more than most. In no way, shape, or form was your team 70% rentals and you are a jackass if you really believe that. Plus it doesn't matter if you have a rental or your own gun. You are there to play. The only way you help your team is by getting back on the field as much as possible. I switched Blackout Protocol because the person who promised them to the Penguin side wasn't even there. They asked to be on the Polar Bears side so I did what I could to help them. How could it be obvious that I didn't care when I went around to many players and asked how they were doing and told them to let me know if they needed anything. Plus at the briefing in the morning I double checked to make sure we had the same amount of LAWs on each side.

I only put us on the Penguin side to even out the numbers. There were the same number of teams on each side plus close to the same amount of walk ons on each side as far as I know. It's strange that you are the only one complaining about rentals and command staff. Step up and talk to someone or take the role of command yourself. If I am not having a good time at a game, I tell someone. If I made you feel so unsafe, than you should have spoken to the owners and they would have reprimanded me. Step up and help make things better instead of complaining after the fact. Bashing people who tried hard to help make things better never helps. We try to make things fun for everyone and I put a lot of work into the field and the games to help make things go well. I helped recruit for the game as well which is something that lies more on the General's shoulders than my own.

As far as Delta....They came because I have been asking them to come for the past year and their schedule didn't allow. They don't have your same complaints and anything they think can make the game better they speak up and let me know. If you want to bad mouth us or our game, maybe you should get your facts straight. Saying you are experienced doesn't make it so. If you were experienced you would NEVER be saying the things you are saying here and you would have spoken to me or the owners on Sunday.

Good luck with your future endeavors. I hope you find a game that you can take your friends to and get them to have fun. Plus it seems the only time you post in a thread is when you want to start trouble. Next time you want to start trouble, do it in person. Like Delta says....Don't be an internet tough guy! If you ever want to place your experience against mine, let me know. I am very easy to find and always happy to face a challenge head on.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM #134
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
Nah. Sooner. More often.
Hey George,
This guy Wade3 is a perfect example of one of your internet tough guys!! He has a lot to say about everyone else and why everyone else is at fault.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:57 PM #135
Wade3

Tough is standing up in the face of overwhelming odds and guaranteed (engineered?) defeat. Was it you who did that all day Sunday?

No.

Instead, you chose to pile on the strong side, and turn a blind eye to an obvious discrepancy instead of doing something about it.

What does that make you?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 PM #136
k2riser
Trooper#7

Sorry to everyone else who had a great time at the game. I shouldn't allow myself to get pissed because of one person. It's not worth it. I look forward to seeing the rest of you at future games. All of the teams that came...let me know if you need support at a future game.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM #137
BigEvil-AO
"MAG WHISPERER"

BigEvil-AO is playing at Living Legends VII
BigEvil-AO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BigEvil-AO supports Ninja Paintball
Having played many big games at Topgun, I can say that the only place I thought that things were lopsided was on the field. Looking around the orientation and going into the start of the game I did not think that there was any sort of numerical or 'talent' issue.

I did hear that there were a bunch of teams and players that bailed out because of the cold...

However yes, the results were lopsided and here are my observations; On the "GO" the penguins hustled across the field and occupied realestate FAST. When they got to the Crossroads, they camped their tank in the PERFECT spot. It did tons of damage and pretty much brought an already timid Polar Bears front line to a dead halt.

Polar Bears reinsertions were slugish.

My guys did our best with Delta to try to make something happen. Every time we organized a push, we pushed pretty far. There were a ton of guys on the polar bears side who were content to camp and not play agressively at all.

I also did not see our tank as much or when I would have liked to.

There was a lot of confusion on the Polar Bears side as to what to do with the props and such when we came across them.

Almost everytime the Penguins pushed, they pushed hard and in large numbers, and VERY agressively.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I was shot out, the hits were on my left side, due to the the fact that it seemed like most of the time everyone on my left was getting wiped out. I don't think I lost a single straight up gun fight the whole day.

Bottom line- the Penguins were better organized, took the game a little more seriously then some of us on the PB side, and wanted it more.

All in all, it was still a fun time, the temperature wasn't THAT bad, and the company was great.

Thanks again to everyone who came out so I could shoot them and a special thanks to the Topgun crew for all of their hard work.

RIP IMPACT PB :(
BigEvil-AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:07 PM #138
BigEvil-AO
"MAG WHISPERER"

BigEvil-AO is playing at Living Legends VII
BigEvil-AO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BigEvil-AO supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
To the Internet tough guys, bring your keyboard. We've got wifi.
Im going to use this in my sig LOL

RIP IMPACT PB :(
BigEvil-AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 PM #139
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
it was surely warmer this year than last!
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM #140
mouse52

Trooper keep ur head high bro it was a great event & u did a lot of recruiting for the game. Lets rewind the tape to summer 2012 @ Alamo the texans (my side) pretty much were backed up in our reinsertion point for the better part of the morning. Did I care? Never because any day I'm out playing I enjoy it. And also less of a distance to walk back so I can make dumb moves. In the afternoon of alamo we got our plan together and successfully held off the attack for 2 hours! Like I said earlier I've been on both sides of a steamroll and to me as long as I can shoot dudes it's all good.

Troop it's the old saying you gotta step up to ****up. Nice job brother

Jim
mouse52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM #141
eruffini
Black Phoenix Officer

eruffini owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
eruffini supports our troops
eruffini has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
eruffini supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_clarke View Post
my feet hurt...and im down alot of nerf rockets......but its all in the name of fun ....ant it?
I think I handed you 2 or 3 rockets at the end..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade3 View Post
Tough is standing up in the face of overwhelming odds and guaranteed (engineered?) defeat. Was it you who did that all day Sunday?

No.

Instead, you chose to pile on the strong side, and turn a blind eye to an obvious discrepancy instead of doing something about it.

What does that make you?
Winners?

But seriously, the game was fun regardless any "discrepancies". Trust me, we've been on the losing side a few times where there was an imbalance - but we don't complain; we use it as learning experience and move on. Not every game is perfect, and Top Gun knows how to throw good games. There is a reason teams continue to play at the field and at their events.

Besides, more players on the other team = more targets

Last edited by eruffini : 01-29-2013 at 03:39 PM.
eruffini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM #142
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse52 View Post
Trooper keep ur head high bro it was a great event & u did a lot of recruiting for the game. Lets rewind the tape to summer 2012 @ Alamo the texans (my side) pretty much were backed up in our reinsertion point for the better part of the morning. Did I care? Never because any day I'm out playing I enjoy it. And also less of a distance to walk back so I can make dumb moves. In the afternoon of alamo we got our plan together and successfully held off the attack for 2 hours! Like I said earlier I've been on both sides of a steamroll and to me as long as I can shoot dudes it's all good.

Troop it's the old saying you gotta step up to ****up. Nice job brother

Jim
Thanks Jim. I appreciate you having my back. I've been on both the losing and winning side also. I've been outnumbered at numerous games. It just makes me play harder.

Thanks again to everyone who came out and made it a fun game.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 PM #143
Practice Target

Seeing all this useless pointless bickering and complaining is the exact reason that I never come to this site!

I flew out to the field from a much warmer and dryer California to play with friends at a field that has become my East Coast home. I flew over 2800 miles to see the TopGun guys!

I played this game and had a great time having the Penguins hand me my butt! Kudos to their Leaders for a much better Battle Plan!

In the grand scheme of things does it really matter who wins or loses as long as fun is had! Winning may be fun but losing is fun if you allow it to be! After the game we all sat around and laughed about the game and any of our minor (and I do mean minor) victories on the field on Sunday! I would do it all again even with similar results if it means that I get to hang out with friends, shoot some paint and trade war storied at the end of the Day!

Hey it wasn't that cold! I'm from California and I had no issues with it!

To all the TopGun guys for a fun event! See you all again in June!

Practice Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 PM #144
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practice Target View Post
Seeing all this useless pointless bickering and complaining is the exact reason that I never come to this site!

I flew out to the field from a much warmer and dryer California to play with friends at a field that has become my East Coast home. I flew over 2800 miles to see the TopGun guys!

I played this game and had a great time having the Penguins hand me my butt! Kudos to their Leaders for a much better Battle Plan!

In the grand scheme of things does it really matter who wins or loses as long as fun is had! Winning may be fun but losing is fun if you allow it to be! After the game we all sat around and laughed about the game and any of our minor (and I do mean minor) victories on the field on Sunday! I would do it all again even with similar results if it means that I get to hang out with friends, shoot some paint and trade war storied at the end of the Day!

Hey it wasn't that cold! I'm from California and I had no issues with it!

To all the TopGun guys for a fun event! See you all again in June!

Thanks for coming out from Cali!!! We were glad to have you.

Sorry again for the bickering. I let passion get the best of me and I allowed someone to suck me into their whole of misery. I will try not to let it happen again.

To all of my friends and Top Gun friends, thank you once again for supporting our game.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:23 PM #145
redic115

I had a very good time

Win or lose I went out to have fun

If you want to point fingers don't blame the field
Blame our command staff or lack there of.

Every time I walked onto the field I saw one person trying to organize us. It was not our general, it was Alpha of Ambush Alpha working his but off.

he drove all the way up from Alexandria to play this game and ended up doing more work than the real command staff did

We had no laws on the field at the beging which allowed there tank to roll us
now any good scenario player would know the best way to stop a tank with out a law is to blind the driver

I was the only one trying to do this at the start of the game

But it would have been awsome to have our tank help there but once again our general was to busy playing to lead

people do not seem to realize that when you volunteer to general a game you are sacrificing your day of play to lead your team

the XO and CO should never be in the field at the same time unless it's for a final battle

I know Alpha and I have generaled many games in which we never fireed our marker.

I also know for a fact from playing the Viper game at OXCC that Shadawg always has some one running communications ( spy or not ) when he leaves to lead from the front

We three have also won game with more rental and walk on players than teams
So you crying and arguing about how they had more teams is pointless

Go out have fun and save your crying for.the next time you stub your toe
Old 01-29-2013, 05:35 PM #146
k2riser
Trooper#7

Thanks Redic but, I think your words are falling upon deaf era.

Thanks again for coming out!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 AM #147
TSSOC.PROFESSOR

TSSOC.PROFESSOR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TSSOC.PROFESSOR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by petedaddy View Post
Well if anything...it worked, i stopped shooting after a few, out of sheer confusion...lol Very noble sir!

I wish the teams were "leveled" after lunch. I think that is my only negative about the game (that and paint was still $75 at 2pm. I was hoping it would be a little cheaper. We were going to buy more paint, about 7 cases, but not at $75).
Lol...I don't know about noble...more of an act of desperation. I, for one, don't care for teams switching mid-game, unless a team volunteers to do so. The Polar Bears couldn't pull it together. We learn from the experience and move on. I, too, would have considered paying for another case of paint at whatever the price was, but being that the first case was so dimpled, I changed up my game play and went pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixRomeo View Post
In the interest of full disclosure, I was the guy with the pump. This is actually a very common practice at scenarios with instant respawn. Had more people stayed, we could have built a human pillbox and fought all day.

Thanks to Professor, who volunteered to shield me. I owe you one, Sam.

-A
My pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_clarke View Post
Here is the video from disposable heroes, Enjoy it in 720P if you can.Thanks to everyone that played, the command staff, mvp/mvts..
Shout out to T.S.S.O.C's Professor for the busted bunker play, its crazy when the players know the rules better than the refs
Great video, Rodney! You and Eric did some awesome work out there! Anytime I heard a LAW go off, I instinctively moved off of the bunker I was in. I do enjoy that additional layer to scenario play and hope that more fields allow it.

Quote:
Likewise to our friends on TSSOC.
Always great playing with or against Delta as well.

For the field...thank you for keeping this game going. I haven't attended this game in a while, but it is nice to always see it on the schedule. It is a great game to try out new Christmas toys and has enough objectives to keep an objective-minded player, like myself, always on the move.

Air was awesome! Loved the fills options at the Staging and the Oasis.

Paint, as I mentioned, was dimpled and winged all over the place, so I wasn't enthused about that, but tried to work with it. Everyone else seemed to have the same issue, so it didn't give anyone an unfair advantage.

Refs were around and came by when I yelled for them. I liked that they came around the staging area to inform us about briefings, lunch breaks, game restarts, and the prize giveaway/awards. Nice job.

Field wise, I would have preferred the whole field open, like in the past, so the lines could have been a little more fluid and maneuverable. I know that there will always be a choke point at the Crossroads, but, maybe with the whole field open, it would be less congested there. I did have a misunderstanding with Trooper over tapelines at the lake, but as an infrequent player to TopGun, I saw my error.

Speaking of Trooper of Hostile Takeover...TopGun field owners, he is a great promoter of your games and should be commended and recognized. Always a pleasure to play with or against you Jason.