Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 PM #43
[Angel][SCF]
Who Dares Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa47 View Post
Hahah went to the clippers game for $4
I have to say, I've lived around here all my life, and I won't go to a Clippers game for free. lol. but I'm just a hater. They used to give out free Clippers tickets when you donated blood, and I'd be like.....can I just get some cheez its??
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2012, 06:05 PM #44
paintball_junkie187
Pain Lies Awaiting You...

has been a member for 10 years
Comparing ANY major sport whose teams are owned by billionaires and whose sponsors are worth more than Africa's combined gross domestic product is absolutely ridiculous and needs to stop. That argument carries zero validity.

This is an elitist hobby at the end of the day. Catering if any, should go to the consumers (that would be us the players). I didn't see a national tournament and then decide to start playing paintball. My guess is that 99% of the players out there would concur with that statement. Focus starts with the players and grows outwards, not the other way around.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:49 PM #45
tyskidmore3

plays in the NXL
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowfish_steve View Post
Its all about having fun. I am glad that you got to experience this and I hope you would do it again. But 3 prelims? How is that ok? What's that come out to? $900 a game? Plus hotel, paint, food, travel. That's garbage. especially with such a small turn out, you should have had at least 8 prelims.
Sorry, just thought about this. I played the Race to format, which means I played an average of 4-5 games per match... I played almost 12-15 games...

1stphorm Legionaire
Avid Traveler
tyskidmore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 PM #46
neverenuf

neverenuf owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Here is what I don't understand....nobody bashes paintball more than paintballers. If we are all trying to grow the sport and keep these events alive why dont we try for once try and support the leagues? I know there is a rivalry between psp and nppl but lets do whats best for the sport.

I have never seen or played in an event where people said nothing but good things. Lets promote the different leagues and support the decisions they have made....
Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 PM #47
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07

Farside_Logan is a Professional paintball player
Paintball's been dying for years - I'd say since roughly 2003. If you're playing for any other reason than yourself you're missing the point.
Farside_Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:30 AM #48
potato

potato is a Supporting Member
potato donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farside_Logan View Post
Paintball's been dying for years - I'd say since roughly 2003. If you're playing for any other reason than yourself you're missing the point.
The only comment on here I've seen lately that's worth reading

Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 AM #49
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by potato View Post
The only comment on here I've seen lately that's worth reading

youre a potato. lol idk why that has me cracking up. but anyways ya i got interested in paintball after going to my friends 10th bday party. im sure TONS of people were the same way.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 AM #50
Elias718
NEW JERSEY JESTERS

Elias718 plays in the PSP
Elias718 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Elias718 plays in the APPA D4 division
how much was it to seat in the grand stand..i just want to know how expensive was it...
Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 AM #51
Mrglass6919

Mrglass6919 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Mrglass6919 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_junkie187 View Post
Comparing ANY major sport whose teams are owned by billionaires and whose sponsors are worth more than Africa's combined gross domestic product is absolutely ridiculous and needs to stop. That argument carries zero validity.

This is an elitist hobby at the end of the day. Catering if any, should go to the consumers (that would be us the players). I didn't see a national tournament and then decide to start playing paintball. My guess is that 99% of the players out there would concur with that statement. Focus starts with the players and grows outwards, not the other way around.
This is exactly on point! The next event is Chicago @ CPX in the middle of nowhere....

Following event is DC @ Pevs in the middle of nowhere....

you arent going to draw randoms in....

Us players pay thousands every year to do this dumb sport we can't stop playing! But we can't sit in the grandstands and watch the type of players we hope to become someday? Anyone else see an assload of FAIL here? Keep your VIP with the cover charge for those who want the luxury but let us poor players who spend every paycheck on paintball watch some friggen PRO paintball games....
Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 PM #52
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias718 View Post
how much was it to seat in the grand stand..i just want to know how expensive was it...
$10 Thur-sat, $20 sunday for center court for all day. You can walk in and out as much as you want. Fields 2 and 3 had smaller sets of bleachers that you could watch for free.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:22 PM #53
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrglass6919 View Post
This is exactly on point! The next event is Chicago @ CPX in the middle of nowhere....

Following event is DC @ Pevs in the middle of nowhere....

you arent going to draw randoms in....

Us players pay thousands every year to do this dumb sport we can't stop playing! But we can't sit in the grandstands and watch the type of players we hope to become someday? Anyone else see an assload of FAIL here? Keep your VIP with the cover charge for those who want the luxury but let us poor players who spend every paycheck on paintball watch some friggen PRO paintball games....
why dont u just go down and watch the pro games from the pits? u can get in every single day unless u dont make sunday. then u may have to find $20 bucks laying around somewhere. but if u dont have an extra $20 on u during attendance to a national event idk wat to say man.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 PM #54
jonboy01 (Banned)

jonboy01 plays in the PSP
jonboy01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jonboy01 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowfish_steve View Post
A sweet set of 1,500 thread count bed sheets!
Was in tears laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidrifter View Post
First off: I love that liquor store.
You sir have your priorities straight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs21 View Post
Vendors were banned from selling non sponsors items
AVID was able to sell Ego's/Z2's etc..., KM, Blackstar, Critical, Sandana, Aflac, The Bed Sheets Guy and a few other vendors are not sponsors of the NPPL yet all sold their items. Not to mention Planet Eclipse and Empire both had tech support booths in the staging area which I thought was prefect
jonboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:28 PM #55
pntballa47
rIcE rOcKeTeeR!

pntballa47 is a Supporting Member
pntballa47 plays in the PSP
pntballa47 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I love how all the people that state "deal with it" and "just play paintball" or whatever to disregard peoples statements think they help to. Its called criticism. It is everywhere, whether it hurts your feelings or not the intention is to bring up issues or complaints how others see it to help the league fix the problems. I remember an issue in the beginning with the changing the event from a Friday start to a Thursday start with no communication in the fact of telling their customer base but a simple change on their site. Stating that d4 5man & 7man would play Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Then changing that to Thursday for prelims, and Saturday for d4 5man and Sunday for d4 7man finals. There are more and more issues that can be read or experienced if you went through it.

Attention to detail is where the event failed I believe. Could have been the ID situation, Scoreboard situation, reffing, or whatever everyone else might have come across. For doing this for "10 years" you would think the details would be figured out. Others can say well there is a new system, new format, blah blah blah. Customers pay for a product and expect for that product to be seamless, positive, valuable, etc...

I love the HB event because the location is amazing, but there is so many items that need to be polished.
Hinkle

feedback
pntballa47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:27 PM #56
tenac1

tenac1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tenac1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The biggest thing that made me mad were the grand stands. The first days weren't bad i could get in because i was a player but my girlfriend who is on staff had to pay. Then the very last day they made us both pay 10 for myself then 20 for her. I dont see the justification behind charging players and their staff whove traveled from all around the country to watch something theyre registered in. How can you pay a thousand plus dollars and them charge you even more just to watch. The nppl is a joke and just are squeezing all the money out of an already struggling sport

SPG
tenac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:17 PM #57
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenac1 View Post
The biggest thing that made me mad were the grand stands. The first days weren't bad i could get in because i was a player but my girlfriend who is on staff had to pay. Then the very last day they made us both pay 10 for myself then 20 for her. I dont see the justification behind charging players and their staff whove traveled from all around the country to watch something theyre registered in. How can you pay a thousand plus dollars and them charge you even more just to watch. The nppl is a joke and just are squeezing all the money out of an already struggling sport
if you played and she was on staff, why didnt you two just watch from the dorito side?
that's what most players did when their games were done and they wanted to watch Center Court

Headgear for Sale
Pants for Sale
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:20 PM #58
chargermikec

(1) Everything that you saw on the beach came with a price tag attached. Even the border brothers sifting through the sand collecting paintballs. I believe that players should pay just like all the rest, but at a reduced rate of course. Just imagine if they didn't charge..the stands all filled up with sweaty,smelly players coming off the field. Do you think that regular paying customer want to be around all that funk? Oh yeah, That will look real good for the media and new comers to see.

(2) Variety is always best..Having multiple leagues competing for our business is always a good thing. It keeps them hungry and always looking for ways to improve over the competition. What do you think will happen once they become the only show in town? What are you guys? new?????
chargermikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:15 PM #59
Mrglass6919

Mrglass6919 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Mrglass6919 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermikec View Post
(1) Everything that you saw on the beach came with a price tag attached. Even the border brothers sifting through the sand collecting paintballs. I believe that players should pay just like all the rest, but at a reduced rate of course. Just imagine if they didn't charge..the stands all filled up with sweaty,smelly players coming off the field. Do you think that regular paying customer want to be around all that funk? Oh yeah, That will look real good for the media and new comers to see.

I am actually the "regular paying customer" i spend thousands each year to play, this is an elitest sport, your grandpappy isnt a regular paying customer!!!

PSP only charged for World Cup grandstands all other events were free, NPPL charged for every event last year, player or not.

(2) Variety is always best..Having multiple leagues competing for our business is always a good thing. It keeps them hungry and always looking for ways to improve over the competition. What do you think will happen once they become the only show in town? What are you guys? new?????

If you really compare the leagues in registration, score results, webcast, number of teams.... NPPL is so far from its "competition"
I really hope every "board member" of the NPPL reads these threads in order to TRY and improve.....
Old 04-05-2012, 04:01 PM #60
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrglass6919 View Post
I really hope every "board member" of the NPPL reads these threads in order to TRY and improve.....
not quite sure wat u r trying to get across with wat u said.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 PM #61
gunsjohnson

gunsjohnson is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
gunsjohnson plays in the APPA Pro division
If you dont like what the NPPL has to offer then dont play but also dont hate. I personally thought this was an awesome event. Loved the new raceto format. It really help speed up the 7man game and allow teams to show which team is the best.

As for the vendors I really think the leagues need to make sure they are supporting the teams that pay money to compete in the leagues and you cant do that by shutting out companies that teams/players are supported by.

All in all I think the NPPL is making some big improvements to better the league!!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:08 PM #62
Timmydevil

Timmydevil plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Timmydevil plays in the APPA D2 division
Guys its not 2004-6... There just arent enough teams to have epic events like that anymore...

I played the new race format and I honestly had a total blast. I thought this was one of the most organized, well run events I had been to in years. And I have played nearly every PSP/NPPL event the past three years... yes even TX last month...

Long story short, I agree with the OP about the vendors... that does hurt everyone and its sad that this is what it has come to, but, it is what it is and as long the NPPL and PSP are two different leagues its something we as players have to deal with.

In fact, thats why the leagues have drawn lines in the sad against each other... they want us as players to choose which league will surivive... and the other will die off...
Old 04-06-2012, 01:44 PM #63
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

calidrifter posts videos on PbNation
calidrifter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
calidrifter is a top reviewer
calidrifter supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy01 View Post
AVID was able to sell Ego's/Z2's etc..., KM, Blackstar, Critical, Sandana, Aflac, The Bed Sheets Guy and a few other vendors are not sponsors of the NPPL yet all sold their items. Not to mention Planet Eclipse and Empire both had tech support booths in the staging area which I thought was prefect
This is kind of misleading as there was no Empire tech there on Thursday, until the very end of the day. And that was only when XSV, and Infamous had arrived.

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."
calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote