Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 PM #1
joshhawk098

Im new to paintball and i bought a dangeorus power g4

Alright, hey and thanks for clicking on my thread, i hope somebody that knows about paintball guns, more specifically the Dangerous Power G4 can help me out. So heres what i have, since i just started paintball i bought a paintball setup, gun, hopper, tank, etc. and i want to know what i should upgrade first and what to upgrade to.

1. Dangerous Power G4
2. 47/3000 psi tank (i had a magnet that covered where you fill it up, but i lost it. is it worth buying a new 1? the guy told me that i should get one because if dirt gets in it when im playing, and i try and fill it up with dirt in it, it might pop and get ruined. But its $20 and im not sure if its worth it)
3. Eye force hopper
4. Cover for my tank
5. Mask (i dont care about upgrading it yet)
6. CP autocockered barrel
7. Pod Pack with Pods
so here are my main questions.

1. Is it worth spending an extra $130 on a 4500 psi tank? because im not even sure what the difference is.
2. What is the best barrel i can get? is a 1 piece or a 2 piece barrel better? and why is it better?
3. Whats so great about a dye rotor hopper? i cant shoot to fast semi and i choose not to shoot automatic because i dont like wasting my paintballs.
4. What is the best type of paintballs to use? or does it not realy matter? i just like shooting around at targets in my backyard when im not playing actual paintball
5. What is the best day to paintball? is there days where there will be newer players as well playing speedball? Is there worse players playing on saturday than sunday or is it the opposite?
6. Should i wear anything to protect my neck? does it hurt if you get shot in the neck? and should i wear a cup or is it not necisary?

Lastly is there anyway i can play against people of my own skill level? like people who use guns that are cheap and not to good like me and who dont know what there doing to good? because the first time i went, i was playing against about 3 people who had borrowed guns on a 6-7 man team, then the next time i went it was about 0-1 players using borrowed guns on a 6 man team. Is it players like them with like dye rotor hoppers and panet eclipes that scare other new people off? or was that just rare to see that many people with good guns?

Other things to mention would be:
1. I like speedball way more than playing outside
2. I have only played 2 times, 1 time with the stores borrowed gun and 1 time with my new gun which was awsome.

well thanks to everyone who spent their own time reading this, i really appreciate it
joshhawk098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2012, 07:24 PM #2
disturbed989
gun whore addict

disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
disturbed989 supports Ninja Paintball
since there is so much to answer i left my responses in red undeneath each specific question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshhawk098 View Post
Alright, hey and thanks for clicking on my thread, i hope somebody that knows about paintball guns, more specifically the Dangerous Power G4 can help me out. So heres what i have, since i just started paintball i bought a paintball setup, gun, hopper, tank, etc. and i want to know what i should upgrade first and what to upgrade to.

1. Dangerous Power G4
2. 47/3000 psi tank (i had a magnet that covered where you fill it up, but i lost it. is it worth buying a new 1? the guy told me that i should get one because if dirt gets in it when im playing, and i try and fill it up with dirt in it, it might pop and get ruined. But its $20 and im not sure if its worth it)
3. Eye force hopper
4. Cover for my tank
7. Pod Pack with Pods

1. Is it worth spending an extra $130 on a 4500 psi tank? because im not even sure what the difference is.

this would be the first thing i would upgrade out of what you have. a good quality tank is probably the 2nd most important piece of equipment you can own. i personally prefer a ninja 68/4500 tank. the difference between the 2 tanks is the higest psi that is safe for that tank to fill up. a 4500 tank of the same ci of a 3000 tank will allow you to get more shots off

2. What is the best barrel i can get? is a 1 piece or a 2 piece barrel better? and why is it better?

the debate of 1 piece or 2 piece barrels has gone on forever. i would recommend you get a barrel kit so you can bore match your paint.

3. Whats so great about a dye rotor hopper? i cant shoot to fast semi and i choose not to shoot automatic because i dont like wasting my paintballs.

people like it because of it's ease to disassemble and clean. it also has a low profile and can feed at a great speed

4. What is the best type of paintballs to use? or does it not realy matter? i just like shooting around at targets in my backyard when im not playing actual paintball

the quality of paintballs is normally associated with how expensive they are. unless you are playing a tournament i would spend between $30-40 a case on paint.

5. What is the best day to paintball? is there days where there will be newer players as well playing speedball? Is there worse players playing on saturday than sunday or is it the opposite?

this really depends on your local field. at mine most of the better players play on sunday.

6. Should i wear anything to protect my neck? does it hurt if you get shot in the neck? and should i wear a cup or is it not necisary?

yes getting shot in the neck will hurt but it is very unlikely because of the way most people are positioned in speedball. as for the cup i recommend you get a pair of paintball pants as they have padding to protect you lol.

Lastly is there anyway i can play against people of my own skill level? like people who use guns that are cheap and not to good like me and who dont know what there doing to good? because the first time i went, i was playing against about 3 people who had borrowed guns on a 6-7 man team, then the next time i went it was about 0-1 players using borrowed guns on a 6 man team. Is it players like them with like dye rotor hoppers and panet eclipes that scare other new people off? or was that just rare to see that many people with good guns?

2. I have only played 2 times, 1 time with the stores borrowed gun and 1 time with my new gun which was awsome.

well thanks to everyone who spent their own time reading this, i really appreciate it
since there is so much to answer i left my responses in red undeneath each specific question.
disturbed989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:08 PM #3
CA_Tectonics

Quote:

1. Dangerous Power G4
3. Eye force hopper
4. Cover for my tank
7. Pod Pack with Pods

Well, first off, congrats on the new marker . If you take care of it, it will take care of you. On to your questions:

In short - YES, you should have something to cover that fill nipple. HOWEVER, it doesn't have to be a $20 aluminum one. There are simple rubber ones made that do the job just as well at a fraction of the price.

Depends on your preference. The difference with those carbon fiber tanks is that they are typically lighter that a steel tank of the equivalent size. They can also hold more air compared to the same cubic inch sized steel tank because the air pressure can be greater. This would translate into more shots on the field before you run out of air. If you mostly just play around at home or when you go the field and have access to unlimited fills and you don't find yourself running out of air in the middle of a game, you are just fine with what you have. Also, if the field you go to only has fills to 3000 psi, it also may not be worth it to get a 4500 psi tank.

This one is purely user preference. There is no "best" barrel. If there was, everybody would have it and there wouldn't be as many options as there are. Same goes for 1 piece vs. 2 piece. These days, any quality barrel will be pretty much the same as the same bore size barrel from a different company. I would just stick with the stock barrel unless it is creating problems.

No need for a Rotor then. Stick with whatever you have if it is working for you and save your $$ for buying paint when you go. The Rotor is just a high-end hopper that is very durable and is able to feed paint at higher rates of fire. It is also very easy to maintain and clean if you get a ball break in it.

User preference again. Higher grade paint (usually the more expensive stuff) tends to fly straighter and break on someone more easily than the lower grade paint. Again, if you are just messing around at home - you are fine using the cheap stuff. I will say this though, please do not use paint that is very hard when out at the field. Not only does it usually not break on others but it can be dangerous. Do a search on people’s views of Monsterballs and you fill find out what I mean.

This depends on your field. If there are competitive teams that use the field for practice, they usually do on Sundays. At many fields, Saturdays usually have the higher number of walk-on players, rec players, and beginners.

You can wear something around your neck if you wish and yes, depending on where you are hit, it can hurt - but that goes for anywhere else on the body. Fingers hurt pretty good, so does the very top of the head, ankle, and the side/kidney/middle of the back areas. If you are worried about the back of the neck, wear a hat backwards under your mask - instant neck shield. As for using a cup..........do you want to find out if it hurts or not AFTER you get shot there? I wear one and I actually HAVE been shot there at least once a year on average.

I think I understand this. Basically, you would like to play with players your own skill level. Is that what you are asking? To be honest, this sounds like an issue with the field management. If the field is being run well, the refs should be splitting up the players per skill level, or at a minimum, balancing the teams out. Don't be afraid to tell the ref or the other players that you are just learning. You will likely be surprised with the response. There will probably be someone to give you pointers of what to do and when to do them. As for the equipment, just remember this, the equipment doesn't make someone a good player, it is the person behind the mask that does.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:39 PM #4
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
a good mask and a lightweight 68/4500 carbon fiber tank are the only two things that will actually make you a better player.

the mask, if your current one likes to fog halfway through a game, time for a better lens or mask.

The tank is like a whole different world. Go play with the 48/3000 and then ask someone if you can use their carbon fiber tank for 1 game. you wont be able to go back.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:00 PM #5
joshhawk098

well thanks for all the tips guys i appreciate it and i dont know whats wrong with me getting a gun? i split it half and half with my mom so i spent like 250 of my own. what do you reccomend i keep going to paintball explosion borrowing a gun? ultimatly if i go long enough the $18 rental price will cost more than my gun. But thanks everyone if anyone else wants to comment still im still interested in reading more
joshhawk098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:08 PM #6
samwf
(Insert witty quote here)

samwf is an NCPA player
samwf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
samwf has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

1. Dangerous Power G4
3. Eye force hopper
4. Cover for my tank
7. Pod Pack with Pods

1) weight is the biggest difference. 4500 tanks are made of carbon fiber and weigh 1/3 of an aluminum tank. If ur new to the sport its no big deal, but as u get more competitive u start looking for lighter options. You dont need a cover for a 3000 tank but with a 4500 u want to protect that carbon fiber so that would need a cover.

2) The G4 stock barrel isnt that bad. The best u can get though is anything with interchangable bores (like a freak barrel). the closer the bore is to fitting the paint, the more accurate the shot. Barrel and bore kits are typically 2 piece barrels and cost over $150

3) Dye rotors are just known to be easy to take apart and maintain. PSP regulation is a gun shooting at 12.5 bps. Theres a lot of hoppers out there that can easily do that speed. I'd recommend a halo B or a valken v max. Both are pretty affordable (~$60-90), reliable, fast, and offer upgrades to grow into them as a player.

4) Paint is a matter of preference although most companies do over different grades of paint. Recreational, field, and tournament paint (usually). The better grade of paint u use, the more consistently round the balls are (for accuracy) and the more likely they are to break on ur target.

5) Neck guards are pretty uncomfortable and its rare u will get shot in the neck. If u do it does sting a bit and leaves a hickey-like mark but it doesnt hurt anymore than getting shot anywhere else. As for a cup, its your call. Personally i dont wear one, I wear empire pants which have a little padding there and the only time i was ever hit "there" the padding took most of the shock. It still made me a little sore lol.

** Now as for your marker (and i cant stress this enough), the G4 is considered a mid range marker, while that means better performance than, lets say a tippmann, its not as durable as starter gun meaning u need to regularly maintain it. With a tippmann you can throw it in the mud, run it over with a car, and drown it in a pool and it'll keep firing. With a higher end gun like the G4 you need to maintain it regularly and she'll take care of you for as long as u have it. That means after every day of play, strip the gun down, wipe off any paint, clean the eyes, clean the bolt, and relube the gun (pick some up at ur local store its not too expensive. I recommend hatersauce or Dow33 (stay away from DP40 lube its horrible).

***as for your gear... focus on getting the essentials first (lube for ur gun, extra orings and other maintenance supplies), then some decent protective gear first (mask, arm pads if ur diving, maybe cheap paintball pants with pads sewn in), then ur gun (upgraded hopper like the ones i suggested, barrel, 4500 tank), then when all is said and done u can focus on internal gun upgrades and more stylish paint clothing.

Im just giving u that heads up bc i see a lot of new players jump right into a mid/high end marker and within a year the marker costs more in repairs then its worth.

Like us on facebook!

Last edited by samwf : 03-15-2012 at 09:17 PM.
samwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:35 AM #7
firefightermbc

PB Explosion huh? I was wondering where you were at. They have beginner and advanced groups, I think either day of the weekend that you go and play. I'll keep an eye out for a guy with a G4 when I'm up there this saturday. I'll be there with D.Lersch (on PBN) we've both got FX's but I may be playing pump. Say what's up if you see us, he's got a black and silver fx I've got a green and black one. Hope to see you soon man.
firefightermbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:32 AM #8
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

phillysteve is a Mega Moderator
phillysteve is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Quote:

1. Is it worth spending an extra $130 on a 4500 psi tank? because im not even sure what the difference is. 4500 PSI is pretty much the standard for players. You get an extra 1500 PSI then your current tank which would mean you would get quiet a few extra shots in before your tank is empty. Nothing worse then running out of air on the field.
2. What is the best barrel i can get? is a 1 piece or a 2 piece barrel better? and why is it better? Paintballs come in all different sies and change sizes over the course of a day due to temperature changes and humidity. This causes paintballs to fly more accurately with some barrel rather than others BECAUSE of the bore of the barrel. For example if you're shooting really small paint a 679 barrel will be a lot more accurate and efficient than a 689 barrel. Long story short, you want a bore kit such a the freak kit.
3. Whats so great about a dye rotor hopper? i cant shoot to fast semi and i choose not to shoot automatic because i dont like wasting my paintballs. Rotors are extremely easy to clean, are rather light, and have decent options to prevent jams and feed paint extremely fast. As long as your hopper is keeping up with you and not giving you dirty paint then there is no need to "upgrade"
4. What is the best type of paintballs to use? or does it not realy matter? i just like shooting around at targets in my backyard when im not playing actual paintball. If you're just shooting for fun then get the cheapest paint you can. Most fields require you to use their paint at their field and not bring your own paint.. so typically you don't really have a choice.
5. What is the best day to paintball? is there days where there will be newer players as well playing speedball? Is there worse players playing on saturday than sunday or is it the opposite? I prefer to play on Saturday since it gives me Sunday to recover. At my local field most the speedball players come on Sundays because it is the day most teams come to practice. I find Saturday to be a more fun day since there are less egos there.
6. Should i wear anything to protect my neck? does it hurt if you get shot in the neck? and should i wear a cup or is it not necessary? Never a bad idea to protect yourself. I do not wear a cup. It is pretty unusual to get hit in the crotch area but it does happen. I feel a cup would be extremely uncomfortable but if you can deal with it, it can be a life saver in some bad situations. Most paintball pants are paded in that area to prevent getting hit directly.

Lastly is there anyway i can play against people of my own skill level? like people who use guns that are cheap and not to good like me and who dont know what there doing to good? because the first time i went, i was playing against about 3 people who had borrowed guns on a 6-7 man team, then the next time i went it was about 0-1 players using borrowed guns on a 6 man team. Is it players like them with like dye rotor hoppers and panet eclipes that scare other new people off? or was that just rare to see that many people with good guns? Never be afraid of the competition. It does not take skill to buy expensive gear. Most leagues are capped at certain balls per second so all markers will shoot the same way within reason and they will have no advantage over you besides experience. You will only get better with experience so don't let them discourage you. We all started off somewhere, just most players forget that.
Needtofillintheblankspacesomymessagewillpost
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:03 AM #9
firefightermbc

I agree with the others that are telling you not to worry about the skill level of the people you are playing. I know what it's like at PBE, they've got a pretty large group of speedball only guys all hanging out in the indoor arena with lots of nice gear and it can look intimidating. Don't worry about any of that.

Play with the beginner group if you want but you've got nothing to worry about playing with the advanced either. These guys will force you to become a better player in a shorter amount of time. Playing with beginners will allow you to get away with playing sloppy, whereas playing with the advanced group you'll learn much quicker how important it is to stay really tight on your bunkers, make calculated and well timed moves, etc. Don't be afraid to ask for tips and help from other players, people like to help other people out.
firefightermbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:37 PM #10
JFOG11
JoJo Fogarty

JFOG11 is playing at Living Legends V
JFOG11 is for the Gunfight
JFOG11 supports Pev's Paintball
JFOG11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
a good mask and a lightweight 68/4500 carbon fiber tank are the only two things that will actually make you a better player.

the mask, if your current one likes to fog halfway through a game, time for a better lens or mask.

The tank is like a whole different world. Go play with the 48/3000 and then ask someone if you can use their carbon fiber tank for 1 game. you wont be able to go back.
No the two things that will make you a better player are practice and practice
Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 PM #11
CowPharts
Blue Whales, Deadly.

CowPharts has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
First off congrats! I just recently purchased a G4 and I love it. Also read the thread in this forum on fixing out of box issues if you have any.
I would say that if you don't find yourself running out of air and if your field only fills to 3000psi then keep your tank.
It looks like most of your other questions are answered.
Although on the case of playing players of the same experience level I had the same kind of worry. What I would do is play a couple of times a month, and get to know the guys there. Be friendely sportsmanlike and have a good attitude. More than likely on your first or second time playing at your field the regulars (which you sill be soon by the way) will open up and give you pointers and any help you need. Most of the time after a few games the refs will automatically see your experience level. That is if the refs are actually good refs, but most are.
Basically have a good time, be nice, and enjoy paintball.

"Just use your barrel as a blow gun, who needs to pay for air?"
CowPharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 PM #12
phant0m0
WC Remedy #6

phant0m0 is BST Trusted
phant0m0 plays in the PSP
phant0m0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
phant0m0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
phant0m0 plays in the APPA D4 division
phant0m0 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Awesome another G4 owner. Welcome to the club buddy. Mine will be featured whoopin *** tomorrow at CPX.

i say get a CF tank. Get it from Yeti. The 3k steel tanks i had are just practice tanks now. practice shooting them. empty of course.
phant0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:49 PM #13
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:

1. Dangerous Power G4
I don't think you need another cover, however, there are cheaper ones that work better. Mine was 50 cents, it's just a rubber cover. However, the likelyhood of you getting dirt in there is slim, however, if it does happen it isn't going to ruin the reg. Those regulators are holding back 3,000 pounds of force, a bit of dirt isn't going to phase them.
3. Eye force hopper
4. Cover for my tank
5. Mask (i dont care about upgrading it yet)Always always always always always upgrade your mask first. This is your most important piece of equipment
7. Pod Pack with Pods

1. Is it worth spending an extra $130 on a 4500 psi tank? because im not even sure what the difference is. Is it worth it to you? It will give you a few more shots, but it's nothing to write home about if you have all-day-air. You will be able to shoot all of your paintballs in your pack before you run out of air. One thing you will want though is a cover or some kind of grip tape on the back of the tank to keep it from sliding off your shoulder.
2. What is the best barrel i can get? is a 1 piece or a 2 piece barrel better? and why is it better?I have been playing 9 years and am using a .682 CP 1 piece. I have owned kits, CF barrels, ceramic barrels, 2 pieces, one pieces and nothing beats the simplicity and consistency of an underbored 1 piece.
3. Whats so great about a dye rotor hopper? i cant shoot to fast semi and i choose not to shoot automatic because i dont like wasting my paintballs. The rotor is overrated. It is nice and it's easy to take apart, and if you have the money then get it, however it is nothing you need now nor will you probably ever need it. I would grab an invert too and be done with it. Though, to be honest that eye force is fast enough for you to shoot for awhile. It is about as fast if not faster than you can shoot on semi and the eyes will prevent it from chopping balls if it does skip.
4. What is the best type of paintballs to use? or does it not realy matter? i just like shooting around at targets in my backyard when im not playing actual paintballUse mid grade(Draxxus rec sport, RPS premium, GI milsim 3 star) when playing against people. You want stuff that is easy to break, not because you need to get people out, but because it hurts a lot less, nothing is worse than being the douche shooting hard paint giving everyone welts from across the field)
5. What is the best day to paintball? is there days where there will be newer players as well playing speedball? Is there worse players playing on saturday than sunday or is it the opposite? It all depends on the field, if there are several in your area try going to them all at least once, then picking the one you like best.
6. Should i wear anything to protect my neck? does it hurt if you get shot in the neck? and should i wear a cup or is it not necisary?It hurts when you get shot in the neck and it most of the time always breaks the skin, however, I doubt it's going to kill you. If you want to then go for it. Some people do, some don't.

Lastly is there anyway i can play against people of my own skill level? like people who use guns that are cheap and not to good like me and who dont know what there doing to good? because the first time i went, i was playing against about 3 people who had borrowed guns on a 6-7 man team, then the next time i went it was about 0-1 players using borrowed guns on a 6 man team. Is it players like them with like dye rotor hoppers and panet eclipes that scare other new people off? or was that just rare to see that many people with good guns?Those good guns were probably bought used off pbnation. They may look nice but its very likely they didn't spend over $600 on their entire setup. Eclipse guns are just very reliable and sturdy, which is why they are so popular.

1. I like speedball way more than playing outsideSpeedball is usually outside, speedball is just anything that isn't in the woods

Also, better gear doesn't make you a better player, at no point in time will you need to buy equipment to "keep up," that G4 is about as good as guns get, anything else isn't performance, they are bought for other reasons such as feel, weight, gullible people who believe the advertisements, etc.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-23-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:07 PM #14
echoscammer
MILF hunt veteran

to OP, welcome to the DP forums, if u got any problem/s with your marker, just post up or search the stickies...
Originally Posted By Paper Cut: " To OP: you are aware that most people who picked the Geo are only picking it since it is made by Eclipse but have no idea that the Geo is actually a Dangerous Power G4"

I own highends but for giggles i shoot THESE
echoscammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:21 PM #15
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoscammer View Post
to OP, welcome to the DP forums, if u got any problem/s with your marker, just post up or search the stickies...
Bad idea, the stickies are mostly full of old or incomplete information and dead links.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:42 PM #16
echoscammer
MILF hunt veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Bad idea, the stickies are mostly full of old or incomplete information and dead links.
might be... but i adapted, improvised...rinse and repeat.
Originally Posted By Paper Cut: " To OP: you are aware that most people who picked the Geo are only picking it since it is made by Eclipse but have no idea that the Geo is actually a Dangerous Power G4"

I own highends but for giggles i shoot THESE
echoscammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:23 AM #17
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoscammer View Post
might be... but i adapted, improvised...rinse and repeat.
True, but it seems like a bad idea to have people come in here for information and have them either not find it because the stickies haven't been updated when concerning the older guns or for people like american pride going bat**** insane because he has to answer the same question more than once.(which, after all these years on pbn, you need to get used to)

As someone who has read the FX manual cover to cover, I have to say it's one of the worst user manuals I have ever seen. It breaks down how to put the hopper on into 5 steps but leaves out important stuff like recommended settings for electronics and pressure. It breezes through assembly and disassembly, leaving out parts such as which way to properly insert the spring ring, yet goes on for pages about ramping modes. The explanations on electronic settings are vague except the parts about ramping(except they don't really explain what ramping is).
It's more like a catalog going over the various features than an actual manual.

Also, the trouble shooting is a joke, for example, they only cover one possible leaking problem and their advice is to make sure it is clean.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:27 PM #18
AoSpades
I'll set you straight.

AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades supports Pev's Paintball
AoSpades is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
AoSpades is Boss
AoSpades supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut

True, but it seems like a bad idea to have people come in here for information and have them either not find it because the stickies haven't been updated when concerning the older guns or for people like american pride going bat**** insane because he has to answer the same question more than once.(which, after all these years on pbn, you need to get used to)

As someone who has read the FX manual cover to cover, I have to say it's one of the worst user manuals I have ever seen. It breaks down how to put the hopper on into 5 steps but leaves out important stuff like recommended settings for electronics and pressure. It breezes through assembly and disassembly, leaving out parts such as which way to properly insert the spring ring, yet goes on for pages about ramping modes. The explanations on electronic settings are vague except the parts about ramping(except they don't really explain what ramping is).
It's more like a catalog going over the various features than an actual manual.

Also, the trouble shooting is a joke, for example, they only cover one possible leaking problem and their advice is to make sure it is clean.
That's Amazone for you.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:29 PM #19
nhelvey
The Music Man

nhelvey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nhelvey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
nhelvey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
A great mask is the easiest way to ensure you'll have a good day. If you have a mask that fogs up, doesn't fit well, or doesn't allow you to see well, it's guaranteed that you will be miserable. But, if you spend the money on a good mask that fits, doesn't fog and has good vision, then you can blame your suckage on your gun, like me
Old 03-25-2012, 11:59 PM #20
goater

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhelvey View Post
A great mask is the easiest way to ensure you'll have a good day. If you have a mask that fogs up, doesn't fit well, or doesn't allow you to see well, it's guaranteed that you will be miserable. But, if you spend the money on a good mask that fits, doesn't fog and has good vision, then you can blame your suckage on your gun, like me
yeah, what he said
goater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:53 PM #21
dantimpe

dantimpe owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dantimpe owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dantimpe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The different really the weight and the regulator. These help with the overall weight of the gun and insure that the air in the tank continue be consist.
That's really up to the person who uses the gun, I use two piece for my ego but it's still stock and haven't felt the need to change it.
To me the rotor is nice because it is easy to tear down but I also used halo for awhile which got broke well playing and the rotor is a lot more durable than my halo, so use what you like, what you can afford, and what you feel you need for a hopper.
4. What is the best type of paintballs to use? or does it not realy matter? i just like shooting around at targets in my backyard when im not playing actual paintball.
For shoot at home look into reball, they allow you to reuse them without having to spend money on paint so you can use the paint at the park because many park will allow you to bring the paint back that you brought from them so you can play(depend on you play) two or three days with one case(which is about the number of times I can play with a case)
That depends on your park as well as the players, see at my park the tournament player practice on sunday and normal players come on saturdays so just talk to the workers at your park to figure that out
Depend on how you take pain because I don't but I won't tell you yes or no.

I would tell you to continue to play with these guys because they will make you better, I play with guys better than me all the times and a lot of them will help you get better(If there wanting the sport of paintball to continue to grow)

Also look into buying used item instead of brand new it will help you in the long run, I got my first carbon tank for under a $100 for it and it is still going, on here you can find stuff easily to and gear will not make you a better player, practice and more practice does.

Last edited by dantimpe : 04-21-2012 at 04:59 PM.
dantimpe is offline   Reply With Quote