Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-13-2008, 09:51 AM #1
Morenna Man

Project: 90-68

I've always had a tactical approach to paintball which sometimes got out of hand.
One day in the middle of the summer, in the heat of battle, I proned down on top of a sniping tower and extended my Tippmann 98C
outwards and sideways and started fighting supressive fire with supressive fire.
However, what I've noticed that after 20 or 30 very skilfully aimed shots that, none of the paintballs made it to the guy I was firing at. Only the blinding white spary of the Co2 was acompannied by the blast of the muzzle and the spray alone.
As I realized that when holding the weapon upside down, or sideways, the gravity operated hopper failed to feed the paintballs into the chamber.
Upon my realization, needles to say, I was quite upset. It caused me to scream an absenity in Turkish which was heard all across the field, which gave my position away. Afterwards as I was pinned down under heavy enemy fire from 4 poisitions. I retracted into the confines of my tower and awaited my death in the fetial position, as the sound of .68 inches of paint wripped through branches and slammed againts the walls of the tower.
All the while, I had time to think. And I came to the realization that, I needed, a superrior weapon. Accurate, relaible, and very, very tactical.
I became obsessed. I was not accustomed to losing. Not in Combat. And I swore to the Gods of War, I would not, ever again. Which gave birth to my most praised project to date; Project 90-68.
I though; I need a weapon that is magazine fed. with a simple operating mechanism for under 200 dollars. No such weapon to my knowledge had existed nor does it still. So I started to design a realistic marker around a Spyder Victor Classic. The most compact and simply operated marker under 200 dollars. And now I needed an airsoft gun to put it into.
I started browsing to see, which gun I would preffer. An M4 was out of the question. It's receiver was too small, the marker would have never fit into it. A G36 had avery large receiver but was rare where I lived. It would have cost a fortune to acquire it.
One day, I was watching an Aime about a ninja chick and I forget what else. In it she was wripping people secondary rectums with a sleek and compact Sub Machine Gun, It was chambered in 5.7 and had a double stacked magazine that was on top of its receiver. It was a P90. Than it hit me. A gun which is fed from the top just like a marker with a large enough receiver. I had my gun. And It only was 30 dollars on craigsilt.

So the Prooject 90-68 was born.

A 20 round magazine fed killer with a 14.5 inch removable barrel covered by an opsgear mock silencer with a walther red dot sight and a retmote Co2 line.
An optional 20 inch barrel, laser sight, illuminator and a triple picatinny rail for other attachments. The Marker can fire upside down sideways and every in every other angle you can think of.
Goes beautifully with my interceptor otv, elbow/kneepads/ molle leg pannel and 4 spare magazines to carry another 80 rounds,lightweight nonballistic helmet, nylon balaclava, flight gloves, hot weather boots, molle belt and grenade pouches.
The thing that pained me for a while that P90 mag pouches were hard to gather. But I discovered that pod pouches preformed beautifully and without compromise.
And that is the story of the best weapon I had the pleasure to squeeze rounds out of. I'm not selling it. But its not hard to make, and is highly my recommendation.

If you need more information on it I will put up some instructions on my eupee profile.

link:

http://www.eupee.com/en/profile/50

Yours respectfully,

The Morenna Man

Last edited by Morenna Man : 06-14-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Morenna Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2008, 10:31 AM #2
police_brutality

has been a member for 10 years
dude that really nice, good job
Old 06-13-2008, 11:53 AM #3
RLpaintball45
Uncle Sandy

nice.
RLpaintball45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:11 PM #4
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
Can you put the instructions /other pictures somewhere other than the site you linked? I'm not keen to register for a site I've never heard of to see them, but am really curious to see internals etc.

Looks like a really clean job, nice.

Designer | Facebook | Portfolio | Youtube
L_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:34 PM #5
Morenna Man

There are 2 missing pages from the end. I'll try and dig them up. Until then. Try and make do with these.

Be advised: The uploading of a youtube video of the weapon is imminent.

Last edited by Morenna Man : 06-13-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Morenna Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:51 AM #6
Scootscr15
Pay attention boy

i did this with a proto M5 in 2005, ive still got it, ill post some pics tomorrow, maybe it will give you some ideas.