Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-13-2006, 05:11 PM #1
royalpaintball
Paratrooper

has been a member for 10 years
royalpaintball supports Team VICIOUS
Paintball Marker deadly weapon?!?!?

i heard on the news that a couple of people where shooting a paintballgun out of a car window and they got caught and sent to jail for 20 years for assult with deadly weapon i know what they did is wrong but paintball guns are not deadly the worst they can do is hurt ur eye rlly bad or blind it i just thought its bs
royalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2006, 08:05 PM #2
Freeflow_Trauma

It can be deadly if misused.
Freeflow_Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:41 PM #3
PurelyCanadian

Hmm... 20 years for "Assault With A Deadly Weapon"? That's an aweful large amount for one crime(hell some murderers get less).

But I say they deserve it, as people like them just add to the public misconception of paintball equipment and the sport itself. It's because of people like them that some people from upon the sport as something that will cause an increase in violence, public mischief, and vandleism.

They don't deserve 20 years (hell in Canada they'd probably only get probation and a ban from firearms of any kind), but they do deserve some jail-time, long probation, house-arrest, and a ban from the usage and/or ownership of any kind of firearm - including paintball markers.

And also, paintballs can do serious damage. If you crank the velocity up past 300, and/or freeze the paintballs, it DOES because a deadly weapon, especially if somebody is not wearing a mask. If you got shot in the temple, at relatively close range, without protection of any kind, with a paintball marker's velocity above 300, and (possibly even without) with frozen paintballs, I'm certain it would do permanent damage or be lethal. A paintball marker set above 300 FPS can easily break bones in your hand.
PurelyCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:42 PM #4
royalpaintball
Paratrooper

how the only think u can do is shoot out an eye ..................... u could shove it down ur throat but u could do that with almost anything
Old 08-13-2006, 08:48 PM #5
PurelyCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalpaintball
how the only think u can do is shoot out an eye ..................... u could shove it down ur throat but u could do that with almost anything
Did you not read my post? Paintballs hitting your temple at high velocity without protection would certainly cause damage. Paintballs over 300 FPS can snap bones in your hands with ease at relatively close proximity. Paintballs can blind you, as you've stated twice, but they can also burst your eardrums should you get shot in the in the ear canal, thus deafening you.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:49 PM #6
royalpaintball
Paratrooper

yea i did i wrote that before u posted it but sent it after urs
Old 08-13-2006, 08:51 PM #7
Jaysizzle69

Quote:
am i the only one that feels like freezing some pballs, getting my speed at 310 and bonus balling him?

dude if u know what your doing [and probally even if you dont] you can kill somebody with anything.... what makes it a deadly weapon? the way you are using it.

soo yeaa its possible
Jaysizzle69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:51 PM #8
PurelyCanadian

Alright.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:07 PM #9
Jaysizzle69

mmmh and now i feel like a dick cuss i wrote mine while ya'll were writting yours.... soo yea take wt i said back dude
Old 08-17-2006, 04:29 PM #10
Mr. Bush
hi

Its not the paintball marker being misinterpreted as a deadly weapon (which, aside from freak high pressure explosions I dont think it could kill you...unless you stuck the barrel down someones throat and unloaded a hopper), its the deadly weapon that gets misinterpreted. Anything is a weapon, paintball gun, popsicle stick, cell phone, machette, extension chord, bowling ball, hard boiled eggs.....if you put your mind to it and use it right, you can probably kill somebody with just about anything.

I went to mars for a second but im back now and I got t-shirts for everybody

Mr. Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:36 PM #11
Jaysizzle69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bush
Its not the paintball marker being misinterpreted as a deadly weapon (which, aside from freak high pressure explosions I dont think it could kill you...unless you stuck the barrel down someones throat and unloaded a hopper), its the deadly weapon that gets misinterpreted. Anything is a weapon, paintball gun, popsicle stick, cell phone, machette, extension chord, bowling ball, hard boiled eggs.....if you put your mind to it and use it right, you can probably kill somebody with just about anything.
hard boiled eggs? mmmh i get how u could use a cell but hard boiled eggs? damn dude that takes skill
Old 08-18-2006, 10:24 AM #12
Mephysteaux
Pronounced Meh-Fist-Oh

Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Well, I think that the reason a paintball marker is considered a deadly weapon is because it's a lot easier to kill someone with than a popsicle stick or a hard boiled egg. I'd imagine these guys probably faced a sentence of up to 20 years, because they tend to pile on charges. They probably also had other stuff like aggravated assault and such.

On a related note, I'd heard that people who committed crimes with paintball markers were generally charged with assault with a dangerous weapon. If these guys got deadly, they probably did it more than once or something.

Hellkatz present: Blues Brothers - May 11, 2013 - LVP South, Hatfield PA

Join Fitocracy, the free online social fitness game.
Mephysteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:12 PM #13
Viper37
**** the C.S.A.

Viper37 helped look for balloons
Quote:
i heard on the news that a couple of people where shooting a paintballgun out of a car window and they got caught and sent to jail for 20 years for assult with deadly weapon i know what they did is wrong but paintball guns are not deadly the worst they can do is hurt ur eye rlly bad or blind it i just thought its bs
Paintball guns have the potential to kill. Any thing that has any sort of projectile has the potential to kill.
Originally posted by Mr.jon: "god viper is raping you guys with the comebacks, not even kidding."
Originally posted by kfresh: "car companys do not intentionally put parts on that will brake"
Viper37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:59 PM #14
Mephysteaux
Pronounced Meh-Fist-Oh

Well, I don't think Nerf guns do. Not unless you shot point blank down their throat and made them choke to death.

Hellkatz present: Blues Brothers - May 11, 2013 - LVP South, Hatfield PA

Join Fitocracy, the free online social fitness game.
Mephysteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:41 PM #15
StuffyMonkey

At school we had a paintball club and one friday had a field stip to learn about the sport (which was bull**** we just went and played at the local field) and the officer allowed us to bring our guns but if the nitro tanks were screwed on to the gun they were trained to consider it a deadly weapon.

Gun without tank = safe

Gun w/ tank = may get shot
StuffyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:37 AM #16
royalpaintball
Paratrooper

i heard some where if walk into a school and point it ans **** with a toy gun that looks real and point it ans **** and the people belive its real u get assult with deadly weapon the people who reported the guy who got 20 years probobly thought it was a real gun
Old 08-22-2006, 10:43 PM #17
mattdenn
Matthew J. Denn

Red face My two cents...

Retarded...I highly doubt that they actually got sentenced to 20 years of jailtime for a paintball driveby alone. I'm sure their lawyer or civil defendent bargained for community service or a fine of a couple hundred dollars and a misdemeanor charge. It's a silly thing to do, but deadly? I knew people that used to throw eggs at cars from the tops of hills and you could make somebody drive off the road and get in an accident with that if you hit them in the temple using your same mentality. I say that unless you hit them in the eye or something like that they should be charged with disorderly conduct and maybe a small fine.

Last edited by mattdenn : 08-22-2006 at 10:46 PM.
mattdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:28 PM #18
chikin pickle
Dynasty got owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurelyCanadian
Hmm... 20 years for "Assault With A Deadly Weapon"? That's an aweful large amount for one crime(hell some murderers get less).

But I say they deserve it, as people like them just add to the public misconception of paintball equipment and the sport itself. It's because of people like them that some people from upon the sport as something that will cause an increase in violence, public mischief, and vandleism.

They don't deserve 20 years (hell in Canada they'd probably only get probation and a ban from firearms of any kind), but they do deserve some jail-time, long probation, house-arrest, and a ban from the usage and/or ownership of any kind of firearm - including paintball markers.

And also, paintballs can do serious damage. If you crank the velocity up past 300, and/or freeze the paintballs, it DOES because a deadly weapon, especially if somebody is not wearing a mask. If you got shot in the temple, at relatively close range, without protection of any kind, with a paintball marker's velocity above 300, and (possibly even without) with frozen paintballs, I'm certain it would do permanent damage or be lethal. A paintball marker set above 300 FPS can easily break bones in your hand.
Ha, I love when people talk about freezing paintballs it makes me lol. Has anybody actually tried to freeze a Pball? I have out of curiosity. They get really brittle and turn into like sorbet. (kind of semi-solid) and then they thaw in ten minutes and turn into goo. Even if you could keep them frozen they would get busted when the bolt or the blast of air hit them. Especially if you crank up the velocity.

I think maybe aggravated assault is fine, but assault with a deadly weapon is a bit much.
Intimidator Mafia #8
Legionaire #3
05'd GZ intimidator
chikin pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:30 PM #19
StockImpulse101

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikin pickle
Ha, I love when people talk about freezing paintballs it makes me lol. Has anybody actually tried to freeze a Pball? I have out of curiosity. They get really brittle and turn into like sorbet. (kind of semi-solid) and then they thaw in ten minutes and turn into goo. Even if you could keep them frozen they would get busted when the bolt or the blast of air hit them. Especially if you crank up the velocity.

I think maybe aggravated assault is fine, but assault with a deadly weapon is a bit much.
LOL Where im from, everyone talks about freezing paintballs and shotoing peoples windows out (So they can look mega cool). Im going to try freezing one. Its good to know that, now i can make them feel stupid.
StockImpulse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:11 PM #20
StockImpulse101

If a paintball gun is a deadly weapon why isnt paintball a deadly sport?
StockImpulse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:55 PM #21
Texas Storm09

I tried to freeze a paintball but to no sucess. I turned down the freezer to like -8 degrees or so the therometer said and I left a couple balls in there over night. When I took them out they weren't fully frozen and thawed in like 2 minutes. So it doesn't work.
Texas Storm09 is offline   Reply With Quote