PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-29-2015, 04:44 PM #1576
aviator_60

aviator_60 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate @ Ninja PB View Post
We did not change any of the dimensions on our fill nipples and those are all made to the industry standard QD spec. What we have found is that some fields have purchased QD's from manufacturers which are not building the QD's to spec (it should be a standard Foster style QD) and this spec tolerance will not work with fill nipples which are in spec but will work with ones which are slightly out of spec which is why it worked with your other ones. Were there other Ninja systems at that field filling up ok?
There were many different brand tanks, including many Ninjas. In fact the loaner Ninja 68/45 carbon they gave me worked as well.
aviator_60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2015, 10:57 AM #1577
Ridingmac

I have a 13ci with a pro v2 reg. Can the ouput pressure be adjsuted jn the 950ish like the SHP regs
Ridingmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:31 PM #1578
Robot Mania FU

has been a member for 10 years
Robot Mania FU supports Empire
Hey everyone,
I am having a weird problem with my 45/4500 ninja tank. I am using it on a dark intimidator and everything seems fine at first...my gun gases up normally, pressures read correctly, ect. However, when I go to shoot, my bolt barely cycles. Occasionally a few shots will come out at full velocity, or even a string of paint here and there, but given enough time it will go back to barely cycling. I ran through my gun and everything is in perfect working order when I use other peoples tanks. So from there I thought, okay....lets try it on another gun. Same exact thing happened on any gun this tank was hooked up to. (this happens no matter what shim configuration used....I've tried them all). I've checked the inside of the reg and everything seems completely normal. After some research, I've found that this could happen if it were using the ball valve...but mine is still a pin. For the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is......please tell me someone else has experienced this?
Old 07-06-2015, 04:03 PM #1579
ripdisc

ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:

We did not change any of the dimensions on our fill nipples and those are all made to the industry standard QD spec. What we have found is that some fields have purchased QD's from manufacturers which are not building the QD's to spec (it should be a standard Foster style QD) and this spec tolerance will not work with fill nipples which are in spec but will work with ones which are slightly out of spec which is why it worked with your other ones. Were there other Ninja systems at that field filling up ok?
it's odd three ninja sl's so far I have seen wont work with several different quick connects that work on every other tank out there and haven't had this problem in 20 years of ballin... I am leaning towards a new fill nipple as opposed to buying a $20 foster fitting at this point, but for the teams sake you are saying the sl nipple will guaranteed work with the foster quick fittings?

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:39 PM #1580
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB is playing at Living Legends V
Nate @ Ninja PB is playing at Living Legends VIII
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator_60 View Post
There were many different brand tanks, including many Ninjas. In fact the loaner Ninja 68/45 carbon they gave me worked as well.
Give us a call at 815-477-0007 Ext 316 and we can get some more info and get you taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingmac View Post
I have a 13ci with a pro v2 reg. Can the ouput pressure be adjsuted jn the 950ish like the SHP regs
It cannot, you would need an SHP reg in order to be able to reach that pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Mania FU View Post
Hey everyone,
I am having a weird problem with my 45/4500 ninja tank. I am using it on a dark intimidator and everything seems fine at first...my gun gases up normally, pressures read correctly, ect. However, when I go to shoot, my bolt barely cycles. Occasionally a few shots will come out at full velocity, or even a string of paint here and there, but given enough time it will go back to barely cycling. I ran through my gun and everything is in perfect working order when I use other peoples tanks. So from there I thought, okay....lets try it on another gun. Same exact thing happened on any gun this tank was hooked up to. (this happens no matter what shim configuration used....I've tried them all). I've checked the inside of the reg and everything seems completely normal. After some research, I've found that this could happen if it were using the ball valve...but mine is still a pin. For the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is......please tell me someone else has experienced this?
Did you change or adjust the pressure at all when you were inside of the reg? Can you send me the numbers off your reg near the fill nipple? They will be in a number - number - letter format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
it's odd three ninja sl's so far I have seen wont work with several different quick connects that work on every other tank out there and haven't had this problem in 20 years of ballin... I am leaning towards a new fill nipple as opposed to buying a $20 foster fitting at this point, but for the teams sake you are saying the sl nipple will guaranteed work with the foster quick fittings?
The fill nipple used on the Ninja SL tanks is the exact same fill nipple used on all of our other tanks. We have not changed the design on the fill nipple but have noticed some other manufacturers have started making their QD's to the low end of the spec whereas we are made exactly to the spec. The Ninja fill nipples will work with any industry standard 1/8th NPT Foster paintball QD
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Nate @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:44 PM #1581
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

Annual Supporting Member
WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is playing at Living Legends VIII
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
I have an SL90 and I tried adjusting the pressure by removing a shim. Now the tank holds air just fine but barely outputs any pressure. Thoughts?
Bring me ETACS or Skull Eflexes - PM Me
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:56 AM #1582
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP2015 View Post
I have an SL90 and I tried adjusting the pressure by removing a shim. Now the tank holds air just fine but barely outputs any pressure. Thoughts?
Sounds like you might have adjusted the belleville spring stack instead of your adjustment shims, see the video here showing the pressure adjustment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nkd5ZYJb5U

If you did modify the belleville spring stack you will want to follow the exact spring stack orientation which is located in our manual at www.ninjapaintball.com in order to make sure they are reassembled in the correct order.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:21 PM #1583
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

Annual Supporting Member
WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is playing at Living Legends VIII
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
Quote:
Sounds like you might have adjusted the belleville spring stack instead of your adjustment shims, see the video here showing the pressure adjustment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nkd5ZYJb5U If you did modify the belleville spring stack you will want to follow the exact spring stack orientation which is located in our manual at www.ninjapaintball.com in order to make sure they are reassembled in the correct order.
I followed that guide and removed the correct shim. My spring stack has less pieces than the one shown in the manual- which I'm guessing is the problem. Where do I go from here?
Bring me ETACS or Skull Eflexes - PM Me
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:22 PM #1584
Doggonedawg

O Ring Size on 45/4500 Ninja Tank???

What size are the 2 o-rings on the tank threads that screw into the guns ASA?
Doggonedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:40 PM #1585
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggonedawg View Post
What size are the 2 o-rings on the tank threads that screw into the guns ASA?
Straight from Ninja:

They are a urethane material in a standard -015 size; 90 duro

7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:48 PM #1586
shinjinian

shinjinian has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
shinjinian has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
shinjinian has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Is there anyway to change a Ninja reg from ball bearing to pin valve? It's seriously getting annoying that all my markers are a pita to air up ever since I put a ninja ball bearing reg on my tank.
shinjinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:58 AM #1587
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjinian View Post
Is there anyway to change a Ninja reg from ball bearing to pin valve? It's seriously getting annoying that all my markers are a pita to air up ever since I put a ninja ball bearing reg on my tank.
Have you adjusted the pressure on your reg at all? When you lower the regs output pressure you will be able to activate your system easier because you have less pressure pushing on the larger surface area of the ball. (Force = Pressure X Area)

We no longer offer the pin valve style bonnets or pins and have switched to the ball style valves so all of our regs give a 30% increase in flow.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:48 PM #1588
Superzeus
Living is the functionary

Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Looking for some info about my tank. Pics below for reference. Born date of 2/10 and recently rehydro'd. I know it has fixed HP output. I'd like to know the specific output pressure (800 psi?) and any other identifying info on the model/bottle etc that would be relevant in listing it for sale. Also interested if you can shed some light on how the overall length and weight of one of these 68ci tanks compares to your current 77ci SL tanks? Thanks

Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by Superzeus : 07-28-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Superzeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:14 PM #1589
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superzeus View Post
Looking for some info about my tank. Pics below for reference. Born date of 2/10 and recently rehydro'd. I know it has fixed HP output. I'd like to know the specific output pressure (800 psi?) and any other identifying info on the model/bottle etc that would be relevant in listing it for sale. Also interested if you can shed some light on how the overall length and weight of one of these 68ci tanks compares to your current 77ci SL tanks? Thanks

[IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c290/pbjunky725/Paintball/78C38DC5-3AB9-4700-B688-8991A8696873_zpshvmnzhel.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c290/pbjunky725/Paintball/3E5C965B-245D-42FA-AF8D-8FFCEF39CD24_zpspwm31cwc.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c290/pbjunky725/Paintball/CFB6DDF9-6871-44C4-92F8-C1B49F4363D2_zps5m4hcqjc.jpg[IMG]
There are no identifying features/indicators as to the output pressure of that tank. Since it is a Ninja regulator, the output pressure IS adjustable. There are 2 ways to check for the output pressure but really only one of the ways actually confirms the pressure - that is to use a tester of some sort. You could drain the tank and take the bonnet off to check if there are any thin shims in it (silver and/or red). The output pressure can be guesstimated based on what (if any) shims it has - NOTE: these shims I mention do not mean the Belleville washers. A tester can be made from an ASA with a gauge on it.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 07-28-2015, 07:50 PM #1590
Superzeus
Living is the functionary

Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Interesting. I was under the impression only the newer tanks had adjustable output.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Superzeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:21 PM #1591
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superzeus View Post
Interesting. I was under the impression only the newer tanks had adjustable output.
Nope. Most of the Ninja are - there is the SLP that isn't and the SHP has a slight adjustability. The rest are.
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM #1592
JesusSuit

I noticed on your site the colored bottles have white lettering, but my brother ordered a SL all blue bottle last month and it had black lettering, just want to clarify what the color lettering would come on an all green new style 68/4500 sl tank. I'd prefer the all black lettering, thanks