Yeah that's me.
som3 dud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2010, 03:57 PM #23
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

has been a member for 10 years
I still don't understand why god would create the angels with the possibility of them rebelling
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

edit: timed it with a stop watch 12.35 seconds""

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"
IRPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:45 PM #24
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
Fubarius supports our troops
Since no reason is given for their creation in the Bible or even in the non-canon texts I know of (though I've been meaning to go through the Book of Enoch again), all we could do is speculate.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:19 PM #25
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
What about a physical manifestation of good?
Perhaps not exclusively.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:36 PM #26
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Since no reason is given for their creation in the Bible or even in the non-canon texts I know of (though I've been meaning to go through the Book of Enoch again), all we could do is speculate.
No kidding, thats the entire point of this subforum.

Theres no such thing as FACT when discussing religion, nobody really knows. Even if its written somewhere, does that all of a sudden mean its true? I just don't understand why such a intelligent being would allow something like that to happen, or rather, how an 'all-powerful' being can allow it to continue to happen.
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"
Old 10-24-2010, 10:05 PM #27
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
Fubarius supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRPancake View Post

Theres no such thing as FACT when discussing religion, nobody really knows. Even if its written somewhere, does that all of a sudden mean its true? I just don't understand why such a intelligent being would allow something like that to happen, or rather, how an 'all-powerful' being can allow it to continue to happen.
One possibility is that for something that is "all knowing" (for whatever definition of that phrase you feel like using) the only thing they wouldn't know, is well, un-knowing.

Though the usual answer is the old "it's entirely intentional and deliberate and part of a larger plan we cannot comprehend". He created them knowing full well that a certain number would rebel for a perfectly logical reason that will make sense, oh, about 5 minutes after the end of the universe.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:06 PM #28
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:

He's merely talking about the subject in biblical contexts.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:11 PM #29
270KIDZ
My Boat, My Rules

Quote:
Theres no such thing as FACT when discussing religion, nobody really knows. Even if its written somewhere, does that all of a sudden mean its true?
If it is written in the bible, than it is a "fact" of Christian theology. So, of course, it matters whether it has been written about or not...

"Originally posted by Nips80: You are the best poster ever! I wish I could be like you!"
"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: Please teach me how to be as awesome as you!"
"Originally posted by Treghc: You are my hero and my idol. If you were gay like me, I would totally make love to you."
"Originally posted by Umami: Please let me have your babies. I want my children to have at least one parent that isn't retarded."
270KIDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:43 PM #30
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη View Post
He's merely talking about the subject in biblical contexts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270KIDZ View Post
If it is written in the bible, than it is a "fact" of Christian theology. So, of course, it matters whether it has been written about or not...
understood. but when the bible contradicts itself so often, one has to wonder what the author(s) are actually trying to say.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:48 PM #31
270KIDZ
My Boat, My Rules

Quote:
understood. but when the bible contradicts itself so often, one has to wonder what the author(s) are actually trying to say.
You claim that the Bible contradicts itself but give no reference to any contradiction. Interesting...

"Originally posted by Nips80: You are the best poster ever! I wish I could be like you!"
"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: Please teach me how to be as awesome as you!"
"Originally posted by Treghc: You are my hero and my idol. If you were gay like me, I would totally make love to you."
"Originally posted by Umami: Please let me have your babies. I want my children to have at least one parent that isn't retarded."
Old 10-25-2010, 01:40 AM #32
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

golden rule + 1/2 the stories in the bible = headexplode.gif

Old 10-25-2010, 02:19 AM #33
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
You claim that the Bible contradicts itself but give no reference to any contradiction. Interesting...
please pick up the bible and using it as a source lay out the exact sequence of events of easter. Tell me that there is any coherence between the different authors. I'll wait.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:31 AM #34
270KIDZ
My Boat, My Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
please pick up the bible and using it as a source lay out the exact sequence of events of easter. Tell me that there is any coherence between the different authors. I'll wait.
Lets use a metaphor. I like metaphors.

The Bible is like TV. The different gospels is like 4 different news stations (CNN, Fox, etc). The events of Easter are like the election of a politician.

All four news stations are going to report on the same event but have very different stories. The opposing party would report on why this is bad, while another network would report about how this will effect the economy. All the networks have an angle (partisan, economy, civil rights, etc).

Now even though there were several different stories, that doesn't change the events themselves. Just the perspective of the author.

The 4 Gospels were written for different reasons. Each of the Four Gospels portrays a different aspect of Jesus:

Quote:
Matthew -- The prophesied Messiah of the Jews
Matthew was written for a Jewish audience. It's primary purpose is to prove that Jesus is the promised Messiah by showing how He is the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah.

Mark -- Human Jesus, Obedient Servant
Jesus was not simply God with the appearance of a human. Jesus actually was fully human incarnate. When He became human He left His divine powers in heaven and came to live among men as a man. (He was able to perform miracles because He was filled with the Holy Spirit.) It is often taught that Mark portrays Jesus as an obedient servant of God, even obedient unto death.

Luke -- Savior of all mankind
Luke was written for a Gentile audience. They were not familiar with Hebrew prophecies about the Messiah nor did they care about them. One of his major themes is that Jesus came for all mankind.

John -- God Incarnate
John, the last Gospel, was written around 96 A.D. It's primary purpose is to show the deity of Christ.
Questions?

Old 10-25-2010, 04:43 PM #35
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Your description of Mark proves to me my theory that God would not have been able to perform any miracles without his baptism. The Spirit came upon him. "This is necessary."

I'm really not sure if I'm a Christian anymore...
Old 10-25-2010, 04:54 PM #36
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self

teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Your description of Mark proves to me my theory that God would not have been able to perform any miracles without his baptism. The Spirit came upon him. "This is necessary."
Yes...that's the point.

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:40 PM #37
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Jesus understands us...

God and Tebow miss you.

Last edited by spracks21 : 10-25-2010 at 05:48 PM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:02 PM #38
270KIDZ
My Boat, My Rules

Quote:

Thats like only listening to FOX and assuming thats the whole story. There are 4 Gospels for a reason. They all highlight a different part of Jesus.

Mark tells you the Jesus was a human. He came to Earth a human and lived a perfect life. But John teaches us that Jesus was God, a part of the trinity.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:14 PM #39
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
Thats like only listening to FOX and assuming thats the whole story. There are 4 Gospels for a reason. They all highlight a different part of Jesus.

Mark tells you the Jesus was a human. He came to Earth a human and lived a perfect life. But John teaches us that Jesus was God, a part of the trinity.
I was not in any way trying to say that Jesus was not God in that post. In fact, I worded it in such a way deliberately so that the subject would not even be brought up.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:21 PM #40
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:

Uh. what?!?

The description merely says that the H.S. came upon Jesus as a SIGN to John!

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 PM #41
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
Uh. what?!?

The description merely says that the H.S. came upon Jesus as a SIGN to John!
I see no reason to believe that Jesus was filled with the holy spirit before his baptism.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:29 PM #42
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Lets use a metaphor. I like metaphors.

The Bible is like TV. The different gospels is like 4 different news stations (CNN, Fox, etc). The events of Easter are like the election of a politician.

All four news stations are going to report on the same event but have very different stories. The opposing party would report on why this is bad, while another network would report about how this will effect the economy. All the networks have an angle (partisan, economy, civil rights, etc).

Now even though there were several different stories, that doesn't change the events themselves. Just the perspective of the author.

The 4 Gospels were written for different reasons. Each of the Four Gospels portrays a different aspect of Jesus:

Questions?
yeah, this is not the Easter story. You didn't respond to me at all. Is God that lazy and incompetent that he cannot find people who will get his story straight?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote