Replublican 13 33.33%
Democrat 4 10.26%
Other 8 20.51%
Unaffiliated 14 35.90%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-15-2004, 11:48 PM #22
wudude

I don't really care I am not even a US citizen plus other dark secrets so "unaffliated"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2004, 07:24 AM #23
Vladmir

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
Democrat
boooo, haha kidding. God my jokes suck.

Unaffiliated.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:41 AM #24
Vladmir

Quote:
Clinton? Kennedy? FDR?
While I dont think NotChunks knows entirely what he is talking about, citing democrat presidents who existed during a strong economy doesn't excactly mean they had a whole lot to do with it. President's in general have very little to do with the economy and even massive tax policy changes don't change that much and the changes that are seen don't happen for years after their presidency. Roughly 1 in 10 dollars now is involved in foriegn trade which has a huge influence on the economy and that the president has very little to do with. Our economy is subject to outside forces beyond the President's control. Another thing both parties are guilty of is claiming they can create jobs, I believe that is even one of the main slogans behind Kerry's campaign. The Democratic National Committee claims Bill Clinton "created 22 million new jobs". No he didnt, Microsoft did, Intel did and amazon.com did. While Clinton deserves credit for not hurting the economy, he didn't create a single job.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:49 AM #25
Vladmir

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dread Pirate
Republican for the most part. I agree with the 100% on financial and forgien policy issues but I do tend to disagree with *some* (i.e. not most) of their social issues such as abortion and prayer in school. I would never vote Democrat simply because they have no idea how the economy works in a real enviornment (dont argue this one, you WILL lose).
I don't think I will lose. By saying Democrat's don't know how to run an economy you are insinuating that Republican's do. Ok so which republicans do? The fiscally conservative Republicans (such as McCain and Rod Grams) or the ones who like spending a whole lot and cutting taxes at the same time (such as Bush). I'm also guessing that you believe in trickle-down economics or Reaganomics which is essentially what Bush is trying to enact (tax cuts to the rich so they invest and enhance the lives of everyone). Yes, that is a pretty sweet theory, but no they don't have any evidence it works. In fact, George Bush Sr. was even quoted as calling them "voodoo economics" for obvious reasons. The truth is, no one knows what economic policy works the best because every 4-8 years it is changed before anything has a chance to set in.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:21 AM #26
DirtyDrake

it's true presidents don't create jobs businesses do. But governments have to create an environment that is friendly to businesses so they can grow (lower taxes, less regulations). When business florish their need for more workers grows too.

America has 22.4 small businesses opereating, they employ more than 58% of the private work force. They generate more than 51% of the nation's GDP and are the principal source of new jobs.

Tax cuts & deregulation works it happened 3 times, under JFK, Reagan and G. W. Bush. During these Administrations the economy was the strongest and fasted growing in history.

Last edited by DirtyDrake : 08-16-2004 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:03 AM #27
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Bush has had negative job growth. First since the thirties. Coming back from rock bottom with a better economy doesn't mean ****.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:23 AM #28
KingmanSpyderTL

KingmanSpyderTL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Bush has had negative job growth. First since the thirties. Coming back from rock bottom with a better economy doesn't mean ****.

And that's Bush's fault how.... Bush didn't fire anybody, maybe it has something to do with the fact at how lazy Americans seem to be now adays, maybe they don't need a job because of things like disability, unemployment that they could collect for years. Or they could always just blame Bush that they don't have a job. Maybe it's because big business owners want TONS of money, they don't care what their employees make, or if they get fired/laid off, as long as they get there millions every year. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that it seems to be the cool thing to do now adays by cheating the system for money...
Old 08-16-2004, 11:28 AM #29
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

So Bush is exempt from all blame whenever the economy goes bad? This arguement sucks because none of us have access to a reputable economist who can tell us if the president has a say.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:24 PM #30
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
So Bush is exempt from all blame whenever the economy goes bad? This arguement sucks because none of us have access to a reputable economist who can tell us if the president has a say.
Why didn't you ask?

Presidents do... Fiscal policies can help create jobs. On the whole, tax cuts generate a lot of jobs.

Presidents can help, but not be the deciding factor. To say any President "created" or "lost" jobs for hundreds of thousands of people is false.

Ehhemm, let's not forget about entrepreneurs who are NOT factored in employment rates. So, employment is not an infallable economic indicator.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:09 PM #31
it's called CLASS
i'm a ROMOsexual

At election time 2000 u found Bush to be the better canidate, but I now see that he wasnt all he turned out to be.

That doesn't mean I like Democrats right now either... it's just that the canidates for both parties lack the qualities I find suitable for a good president.

Vote Nader biatch... [/joke]

-The Decemberists

Last edited by it's called CLASS : 08-16-2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:53 PM #32
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

Unaffiliated...but when May 19th, 2007 rolls around, I'll probably end up voting a straight Democratic ticket.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:04 PM #33
it's called CLASS
i'm a ROMOsexual

do you mean 2008?

-The Decemberists
Old 08-16-2004, 04:12 PM #34
Vladmir

Quote:
94% of the net job losses were during the first year of his presidency. Do you really believe anything he did was responsible for the job losses within just a couple of months?
Old 08-16-2004, 04:15 PM #35
insanity15
Now with Jihading action!

-Murdering over 1000000 babies a year is wrong
-Waiting for a rouge nation to attack you before you disarm them is stupid
-Marriage is something for people who want to keep themselves spiritually clean before having a baby, not for people who can't even produce one
-Its okay to be gay, just don't be proud about it, its unhealthy, and science has proved, it is there fault, and their choice
-This country was founded in the belief of 1 god, as an American you have the right to worship any religion, but this country was founded in the belief of one
-If the US government can't acknowledge religon, than the US Postal Service should deliver the mail on Easter and Christmas
-You do not have the right to a job
-You have the right to pursue any career you wish
-We live in a republic, not a democracy, say the pledge of allegiance left wingers
-Texas can ceade from the country any time, as part of their agreement of annex, they have enough oil for their state for the next 500 years. They refine over 80 percent of the United States gasoline, and deisel, if Bush loses the election they can ceade, and Bush can be the president of Texas. And then I'm moving.
-John Kerry is a fake. He has voted against every appropriation for military development since 1988. He owns over 34 factories over seas. He has 7 mansions in Washington DC, he has no respect for himself or his fellow vetrans, or as he called them 'baby killers'. John Kerry Voted to terminate the fufillment of over 1 million active service members, under the president of Clinton. So whose fault is it that we are over deployed in Iraq. Bush didn't get to vote on that issue.

http://www.expage.com/saveamerica
my webpage
Old 08-16-2004, 04:21 PM #36
insanity15
Now with Jihading action!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladmir
94% of the net job losses were during the first year of his presidency. Do you really believe anything he did was responsible for the job losses within just a couple of months?
its because of 9/11. lets look at why 9/11 happened.......Clinton......for the whole story go to

http://www.expage.com/thetruthbehindthewar

Over 450 Americans were killed during the presidency of Bill Clinton. Not 1 terrorist was ever apprehended by US forces. But hey at least our enconomy was booming right!? I mean lets just all forget Bin Ladin was a criminal for 7 years, and was never forcefully hunted down under the admin of clinton. All major enconomic growth and regression is due to events on average 4-6 years prior to change....lets see.......2001-6=1995....HUH!!! guess who! CLinTon...stupid frenchy
Old 08-16-2004, 04:24 PM #37
AxPandorasxBox (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by it's called CLASS
do you mean 2008?
I think he was referring to when he turns 18, not the next presidential election.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:55 PM #38
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by insanity15
Yeah, that would be wrong if it happened. Fortunately, it didn't. Women were just given the choice of whether to screw up their lives AND the baby's.

Quote:
Disarm... Disarm... Wouldn't that entail that they HAD arms??

Quote:
-Marriage is something for people who want to keep themselves spiritually clean before having a baby, not for people who can't even produce one
So sterile people shouldn't be married? Nice one slick.

Quote:
-Its okay to be gay, just don't be proud about it, its unhealthy, and science has proved, it is there fault, and their choice
PROVE that science proved it. I'll counter whatever you give with 10x as many studies.

Quote:
-This country was founded in the belief of 1 god, as an American you have the right to worship any religion, but this country was founded in the belief of one
It was not founded on any belief in god. God had nothing to do with this nation when it was founded. You're alienating other religions who are just as right as you are about 1 or a hundred gods by putting religious notes on monetary notes.

Quote:
-If the US government can't acknowledge religon, than the US Postal Service should deliver the mail on Easter and Christmas
Yeah, and I suppose school should be held then too, with all of 20% of the student body there. It's not a matter of faith that the government has, its a matter of how many people can work on those days.

Quote:
-You do not have the right to a job
Oh. Thanks for clarifying...

Quote:
-You have the right to pursue any career you wish
Ok... Fantastic?

Quote:
-We live in a republic, not a democracy, say the pledge of allegiance left wingers
You can't force me to say anything moron. And I reserve the right to NOT say it if it includes a stupid and alienating thing like "Under God", as if we somehow have proof that God is there and us GOD FEARING christians are the only right religion.

Quote:
-Texas can ceade from the country any time, as part of their agreement of annex, they have enough oil for their state for the next 500 years. They refine over 80 percent of the United States gasoline, and deisel, if Bush loses the election they can ceade, and Bush can be the president of Texas. And then I'm moving.
Thank god. Then us back in the other states will cut down on immigration and let you rot in an economic hellhole with a dictator before giving Bush a taste of his own medicine and overthrowing him in the name of God.

Quote:
-John Kerry is a fake. He has voted against every appropriation for military development since 1988. He owns over 34 factories over seas. He has 7 mansions in Washington DC, he has no respect for himself or his fellow vetrans, or as he called them 'baby killers'. John Kerry Voted to terminate the fufillment of over 1 million active service members, under the president of Clinton. So whose fault is it that we are over deployed in Iraq. Bush didn't get to vote on that issue.
Ok, if you're not gonna give ANY sources, neither will I, although I have them all in another thread, I don't remeber which. Maybe the Official election one but here's what I found: Kerry voted to veto some excess military spending in a time of peace. Not to mention Cheney and Bush Sr. backed it. I don't remeber all the details, but if you want I can cream you with the facts again just because I like you.

http://www.expage.com/saveamerica
my webpage [/b][/quote]

I've heard enough...
Old 08-16-2004, 04:57 PM #39
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
its because of 9/11. lets look at why 9/11 happened.......Clinton......for the whole story go to

http://www.expage.com/thetruthbehindthewar

Over 450 Americans were killed during the presidency of Bill Clinton. Not 1 terrorist was ever apprehended by US forces. But hey at least our enconomy was booming right!? I mean lets just all forget Bin Ladin was a criminal for 7 years, and was never forcefully hunted down under the admin of clinton. All major enconomic growth and regression is due to events on average 4-6 years prior to change....lets see.......2001-6=1995....HUH!!! guess who! CLinTon...stupid frenchy
He's saying that all those jobs were lost BEFORE 9-11 you idiot. 9-11 commison concluded that it was due to intellgence failures on Clinton's and Bush's fault so stop pushing blame on Clinton becuase you don't know what you're talking about.

Prove major economic growth etc is all 4 years behind. Funny how even by those standards, Clinton's bigges surplus was at the end of his SEVENTH year. Meaning, once again, you're an idiot.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:15 PM #40
Vladmir

insanity you are an idiot, it is like rush limbaugh v. 2.0 this time more extreme and less logical! You sound like my uncle, this is the same guy who doesn't allow his kids to read Harry Potter...

Quote:

they aren't babies, they are fetuses. Fetuses are not aware of their own existance, an insect is more aware of it's own existance. If a teenager gets knocked up and has the choice of either killing something with the same mental awareness as a pine tree or having the freedom to choose her life by all means she should abort the baby. Why raise the baby in a environment where the mother can hardly support it?

Well first off we dont actually know that they Iraq has WMDs. And even if they did, it is irrelevant. Do you honestly believe Hussein would have attacked us? He isn't a moron, he knows the instant he launches a missile at us he is going to have a whole new world of pain shoved down his throat. The only thing he cares about is remaining in power and pushing his citizens around. Don't get me wrong, Hussein is an awful person and has commited numerous human rights atrocities but don't fool yourself that the reason we went to Iraq was we were afraid Iraq was going to attack us. He never would have.

...wait a second. You start by saying it is ok to be gay, and then instantly afterwards say it isn't ok. I'd like to see your evidence that it is unhealthy or that science has proved it is their choice. Talk about clinging to archaic beliefs... How many "reformed and healed" ex-homosexuals have you heard of?

Old 08-16-2004, 05:23 PM #41
Vladmir

Quote:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA. That was the best part of the whole post. Between the the spelling errors, the false math, the blind cult-like faith in Bush, and the very idea of Texas as it's own independent country made that the best post I've read in a long time.

Zack, what are your thoughts on the mother country of Texas?
Old 08-16-2004, 05:29 PM #42
Ballin' Paint
James

Quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDrake
Democrats are fiscally inept = steal money from productive indivduals
Republicans are socially inept = tell people how to live their lives

I'm what you would call a Contitutionalist, a supporter of individual rights, strong on defense, capitalist and socially liberial.
You're what we call someone who struggles at English.
Gilles Rear sets, CRG levers
HID's High/Low, 520 15/42 with Xring
Speedo healer, Corbin seat

"RC51's are not for everyone...not everyone likes twins messing around between their legs"