Old 08-16-2013, 12:08 PM #43
jeremy_maillet

has been a member for 10 years
jeremy_maillet is a Paintball photographer
jeremy_maillet owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeremy_maillet plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEsorry View Post
Is the video thumbnail to this thread on the home page of pbnation a picture of a blue flash or blue ice dyetanium lens? Wearing dyecam i4s and a blue lens

That is a blue Ice one... My mask!

Playonpics.com
Eastern CXBL photographer | PSP Profield photographer

1D MarkIV | 7D | 24-70L | 70-200mm f/2.8 II ISL | 300mm F/2.8L IS | 85mm f/1.8 | 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 580EXII | Computrekker | Other lenses and junk
jeremy_maillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2013, 12:41 PM #44
IEsorry
SB

IEsorry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IEsorry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_maillet View Post
That is a blue Ice one... My mask!
Thanks! Looks fantastic.

Loved the video as well!
Gearbag Sale! Vice,Pants,Hoppers,Pod Packs!

175+ Positive 100% feedback on ebay+++
IEsorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:34 PM #45
locksmith

locksmith owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
locksmith supports Team VICIOUS
great job on the vid
locksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:51 PM #46
wgpprostock

wgpprostock plays in the PSP
wgpprostock owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
wgpprostock plays in the APPA D4 division
edit...

Last edited by wgpprostock : 08-16-2013 at 08:54 PM.
wgpprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:55 PM #47
wgpprostock

wgpprostock plays in the PSP
wgpprostock owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
wgpprostock plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Not everyone can film professional level events. But I do agree that I would love to see what he could do with footage of a true pro event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izhar5 View Post
come on man everyone can relate to this video, no one became great overnight, talent is talent you work on it aka practice! lol heck i'd show this to my friends to show them what paintball is like in a faster pace and encourage them to play not to scare the **** out of them lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I usually agree. I like watching pros play. However, not everyone has access to that level of play. And even those that do, would often rather shoot their friends.

Videographers like DQ, Gregorius, Cucuzza, (even some first person shooters like Midnight Angel) along with so many others got their start here on PbNation making videos of their friends. We've tried to help the ones we notice in little ways to show our appreciation for their hard work. This is just a new way we can help videographers gain a level of notoriety and build their following.

You never know. Maybe Evan is on his way to shooting the pros too. Maybe this is how he's going to get noticed...

I understand that not everyone is on that pro-level.. hell I'm maybe a d3 player at best at this point. I'm not hating on the people in the video or the person who made the video, I'm just simply saying I wish someone would make a video with pro talent so I could actually show my friends and be like, "this is what I do" this is my life". Not everyone that plays is pro caliber obviously but I just think if the video had better talent it would get more pull with the audience that isn't so familiar with paintball. They see sloppy play and they might be turned off by the sport and not take you or what you do so seriously. I'm not one to really care what people think but I just want a video to show what I like to do with my time. A video that embodies the feeling of being a paintball player.. I will say the video does a good job, maybe evan will be able to make another with pro-players, that would be dope.. I hope people don't get the wrong impression by my original comment, it was not meant to be negative.
wgpprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:20 AM #48
jeremy_maillet

jeremy_maillet is a Paintball photographer
jeremy_maillet owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeremy_maillet plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgpprostock View Post
I understand that not everyone is on that pro-level.. hell I'm maybe a d3 player at best at this point. I'm not hating on the people in the video or the person who made the video, I'm just simply saying I wish someone would make a video with pro talent so I could actually show my friends and be like, "this is what I do" this is my life". Not everyone that plays is pro caliber obviously but I just think if the video had better talent it would get more pull with the audience that isn't so familiar with paintball. They see sloppy play and they might be turned off by the sport and not take you or what you do so seriously. I'm not one to really care what people think but I just want a video to show what I like to do with my time. A video that embodies the feeling of being a paintball player.. I will say the video does a good job, maybe evan will be able to make another with pro-players, that would be dope.. I hope people don't get the wrong impression by my original comment, it was not meant to be negative.
See but your logic is that everyone has to be pro. I'll tell you right now people that don't play the sport thinks anyone and everyone with a jersey on is a PRO. So really you showing this to your friend won't be able to tell a pro from an average joe, except for one thing, which is the Intensity (bunkerings and runthoughs) which if you look at Cassidy's mixes he gets those better.
I think theres still one thing that everyone forgets when they see a one field event operation and compares it to the PSP. PSP is 3 days long, meaning you have a Higher chance of getting those EPIC moves. VS a smaller event that gets 1 day and only 1 field to try and recreate something similar of the PSP caliber of a video. I know myself when doing photos i get decent shots on a d2-4 field however i'll get AMAZING shots on the pro field simply due to the caliber. But would anyone outside our little niche sport know which is which? No.

While i maybe bias a bit, but i think the video is amazing. Especially for the caliber. If you show this to any new player or anyone who hasn't played the sport they would think the same. Remember its D4 level maybe D3. I'd say go on the D4 field and try to make an epic mix from a person who have never been at a PSP field.

Playonpics.com
Eastern CXBL photographer | PSP Profield photographer

1D MarkIV | 7D | 24-70L | 70-200mm f/2.8 II ISL | 300mm F/2.8L IS | 85mm f/1.8 | 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 580EXII | Computrekker | Other lenses and junk
jeremy_maillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:35 AM #49
paintballcapt062
Old Hand

plays in the NXL
paintballcapt062 plays in the MiLP
paintballcapt062 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballcapt062 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Great vid. I love to see good vids like this. Time and effort are two things Matty discussed in the quote and this video definitely took both. Good job.
paintballcapt062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:54 PM #50
RichyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_maillet View Post
its D4 level maybe D3. I'd say go on the D4 field and try to make an epic mix from a person who have never been at a PSP field.
Jeremy I agree with you 100 % on everything as that is kinda the idea of the Average Joes, you don't need to be a pro to have fun and make cool videos. But we have been on a PSP field, we went to Cup last year and pitted for Infamous for a game haha Evan was the pod guy. The whole time he said how he wished he had a media pass.
RichyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:22 PM #51
JOHNNY G
little rainbow bomb

JOHNNY G donated to help Peyton Trent
JOHNNY G is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
JOHNNY G is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer_NovaScotia View Post
Evan does amazing work!

I am so pumped his work is getting this much attention!

for anyone interested this is footage from the EPPL Event 3

more vids:

http://youtu.be/-fjeS1EBMrU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGoCy...xOJcJRZyygU8b_
Couldn't have said it any better

"Originally posted by "Codypbnation: You really are a dick Johnny"
JOHNNY G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:57 PM #52
Andrewj115

Andrewj115 is playing at Living Legends V
Andrewj115 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Andrewj115 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Andrewj115 supports Ninja Paintball
Pretty Nice..
Old 08-19-2013, 01:29 PM #53
footfall99

footfall99 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
footfall99 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nice video!
footfall99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:34 PM #54
Jonezed7
Bleed Blue & White

Jonezed7 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Jonezed7 is Legendary
Jonezed7 is Boss
Jonezed7 is Immortal
Wasn't bad. Thanks for sharing.
Jonezed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 PM #55
mnmjski
Coach

mnmjski is playing at Living Legends VI
mnmjski owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mnmjski owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mnmjski supports Team VICIOUS
mnmjski supports Empire
Very nice!

Nothing but the best.

Throw a ball in my wheelhouse, I hit a bomb.
mnmjski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:29 AM #56
Russod07

Russod07 plays in the PSP
Russod07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Russod07 plays in the APPA D4 division
awesome video
Russod07 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.