Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-20-2009, 10:11 PM #22
Trilogy252

has been a member for 10 years
Trilogy252 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Trilogy252 supports Pev's Paintball
Trilogy252 plays in the APPA beginner division
For some reason it seems to me like the Charleston area has never really had a CONSISTENT speedball interest. I can't say much though because I am no different. I like to play woodsball, but I wouldn't mind playing some speedball for time to time.

Christ comes first! Then paintball!
Trilogy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2012, 10:54 PM #23
summerville-hitmen
like a boss

summerville-hitmen is playing at Living Legends V
summerville-hitmen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
summerville-hitmen is for the Gunfight
summerville-hitmen supports Pev's Paintball
well they should kind of make an attempt at this...like buy or rent a 3 man feild and see how it plays out...i keep hearing they spent 15k on the new feild the "town" i highy doubt it but they could at least purchase a 3 man feild and and play in every weekend and whoever wants to play speedball can play that and woodsball the same
Old 05-20-2012, 07:28 AM #24
jojo750
Default User Title

jojo750 donated to help Peyton Trent
jojo750 supports Team VICIOUS
jojo750 is Immortal
trust me when i say that the owners are not interested at all in offering speedball as an option.
each time, over the years, they try it out. and each time, within 1-2 months, the interest is gone.
part has to do with players not liking the field layout, or the level of competition. part has to do with the owners not wanting to spend any more money on upgrading the current bunkers they have, so the players can play an actual cfoa/psp layout so they can get accustomed for an upcoming tourney.

its sad. PBC has tried. i have been there each time they attempt. sometimes playing, sometimes just watching. HUGE interest the first few weekends. then it starts dwindling down. the owners get tired of paying a referee for 4 people to play.
PBC's "bread and butter" is rec-ball. when you have 200+ people playing woodsball, and 25 playing speedball, the money isnt there for them.

good luck with your effort.

I won’t buy another dye product as long as John is helping design their guns.
jojo750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:17 PM #25
BunkerPopper

BunkerPopper owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
To be honest, just a random layout speedball game once a month would be great. That why not too much money is spent and it's taken away before the interest goes away.
BunkerPopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:20 PM #26
FNGblueballs

I played for the first time ever at the beginning of this year so I can't vouch for how this field compares to others around, but I do know that I love this field and it's layouts. Having never played speedball, I can't join the discussion on them having or not having a speedball field. It looks like fun, but I can understand them not doing it if they don't have the support. I instantly got hooked though and will be visiting frequently once my work schedule slows down, with their added days open for the summer I see myself being able to go there more. Just my .02 though
FNGblueballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:38 PM #27
CharlestonMoneyDevil

CharlestonMoneyDevil owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CharlestonMoneyDevil supports Pev's Paintball
CharlestonMoneyDevil has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CharlestonMoneyDevil has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
love this field play alot
CharlestonMoneyDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:11 PM #28
cbus_baller
schwenk

PBC has no love for the real speedball crowd. they are in it 95% for the big groups/events and money. if you want speedball....dont even think about wasting you time here.

if you want woods ball and more rules then you can count....this is your place

Green and Black Ego 8
cbus_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 PM #29
bluemidget123
GLK

bluemidget123 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus_baller View Post
PBC has no love for the real speedball crowd. they are in it 95% for the big groups/events and money. if you want speedball....dont even think about wasting you time here.

if you want woods ball and more rules then you can count....this is your place
The "real speedball crowd" has no love for PBC. I, as well as maaaaany other players have been around for many of the speedball attempts at PBC. I've played it, organized it, reffed it, etc but there is not a consistent demand to make it worthwhile. You're beating a dead horse.

It's a business. I think it sort of ridiculous that you'd think it would be about anything other than money. Why would they cater to a small market of speedball players who, for the most part, buy the majority of their gear elsewhere and complain about everything? As smart businessmen, they're going to focus on making their money on the mass of recball players who buy their gear/paint from PBC. I'm pretty confident that Skeeter and Brain make more money on Tippmann sales than from the high end guns they offer.
bluemidget123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:06 PM #30
extrabonez
...---...

Not from around here, but got some questions about this field.
There is going to be a group of us going there, but i am the only one with my own gear so i was wondering a) is it FPO or BYOP and do they allow First Strike's? b) do they sell 12grams at the field or am i restricted to what i am bringing with me? Reasons i ask is i use a t8 pistol and wanted to test out the first strikes. Either way doesn't matter too much, but might as well use them since i have them. Looks like we are going the 13th in case anyone wants to meet up. Don't know the exact time yet, but i will be the one in Jt pants and blue flex with a chrome lense shooting a tan t8.
extrabonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 PM #31
jojo750
Default User Title

jojo750 is Immortal
its BYOP unless you are renting their equipment, then its FPO.
the store usually has 12 grams in stock.
give them a yell and double check 552-1115.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:09 PM #32
extrabonez
...---...

Awesome. Thanks.
extrabonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 AM #33
Trilogy252

Trilogy252 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Trilogy252 supports Pev's Paintball
Trilogy252 plays in the APPA beginner division
I'll be out the hope to see you. Definitely give them a call and they should be able to help you.

Christ comes first! Then paintball!
Trilogy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:03 AM #34
xxPumpKidxx

xxPumpKidxx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xxPumpKidxx plays in the APPA beginner division
I have played here for 11 years now and I have seen the dwendeling interest in speedball. Alot of Long time players complain about the fact that there are no speedball fields but then at the same time they dont come out and play speedball they just play one weekend then switch back to reckball. I have talked with skeeter about this issue many and many times over and ran over every possable way to make speedball worth being ran here but there are no options. You must remember that a speedball field is around 2,500 - 5,000 and that to staff it on avrage is around $75 a day, along with that the paint only brings them in around 5-10 a case and with a player basses of 20 players there looking at making $200 on players buying paint (most people cant buy over one case to play) now that being said they pay there reffs 75 a day to reff (i think this is correct) so 200-75= 125 of revinew per speedball day ofc there is the 10 entry fee so well say thats another $200 + the 7 all day air so thats $140 so all and all thats a total of $465 of money made (on a perfect day). Now lets analise woodsball via paint/air ok so avrage day at pbc is 200+ players so well look at it as a day with 200 players even 200*10=2000 for entry fee + around 150 cases sold because some players bring there own paint so thats another 150*10 = 1500 now finaly air (we will use all day air price because some players need more co2 and some need less it will = out in the end 200*7 = 1,400 now for our total for woodsball 1,400+2000+1,500= 4,900 now that we have that total lets deduct the reff's pay 75*5 = 375 so 4,900 - 375 leaves us with a grand total of $4,525 now that we have our numbers out there please decide if you would cater to the 20 people wanting to spend a grand total of 465 or would you focus on the players bringing you in 4,525 ???? This is the reason they dont run speedball at pbc and on top of that speedball players will want the most up to date field or they will leave to go play somewere ealse if they have the means to drive 2 hours and play (most i know carpool so they do) why would they pay to play at a non up to date field when they can go and play 2 hours away somewere with a higher quantity of players? This is the facts/my opinion of why its not played the numbers arnt exactly correct because obviously there are more reffs in the box and the shop but im not far off by a few hundred so there is your totals and the exact reason its not played. I hope this helps kill off some of the complaining to skeeter and brain about the non speedball issue.
xxPumpKidxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:28 AM #35
David5751

David5751 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo750 View Post
trust me when i say that the owners are not interested at all in offering speedball as an option.
each time, over the years, they try it out. and each time, within 1-2 months, the interest is gone.
part has to do with players not liking the field layout, or the level of competition. part has to do with the owners not wanting to spend any more money on upgrading the current bunkers they have, so the players can play an actual cfoa/psp layout so they can get accustomed for an upcoming tourney.

its sad. PBC has tried. i have been there each time they attempt. sometimes playing, sometimes just watching. HUGE interest the first few weekends. then it starts dwindling down. the owners get tired of paying a referee for 4 people to play.
PBC's "bread and butter" is rec-ball. when you have 200+ people playing woodsball, and 25 playing speedball, the money isnt there for them.
QFT
David5751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 AM #36
jojo750
Default User Title

jojo750 is Immortal
well.
i stand corrected. check out facebook page. speedball will be offered in 2013 at paintball charleston. dont know details yet, but owners purchased a brand new psp field this past weekend at world cup.
more details will be posted about dates, prices and any other questions.

kirby and geoff has asked to NOT call the store and ask questions. the info will be released....

Old 10-30-2012, 09:08 PM #37
waffles2
Show Out

waffles2 is an NCPA player
Joey, I got so excited when I read your post that I reactivated my Facebook just to look. I can't seem to find the post I trust your word. Ha.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:10 AM #38
jojo750
Default User Title

jojo750 is Immortal
PBCharleston SPEEDBALL 2013

thats the title of the page.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:42 PM #39
jchleborad93

jchleborad93 is playing at Living Legends IX
I play at paintball charleston regularly. They need to start doing a lot more speedball but at least they started it back up
Old 03-19-2013, 09:05 PM #40
TheChrisHill

TheChrisHill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheChrisHill has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheChrisHill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheChrisHill has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Played here this past weekend and although it was crowded as hell, i'll be returning. Anybody gonna be there this weekend and wanna hang out?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 PM #41
PC Kidz44
****** from PBC=2 PBn=1

What is this "speed ball" ya'll talk about???
Old 04-15-2013, 10:37 AM #42
Sarge92

Sarge92 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sarge92 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sarge92 supports DLX Technology
Has anyone else noticed that they play this field early on saturdays when not many people are there? I had heard of this happening but wasn't sure if it was just rumor or not.