PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 12-20-2013, 12:18 AM #337
ECA77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenen View Post
I couldn't find an animation or illustration of the valve system that I really liked, but, the mod you're thinking of seem like it would be roughly analogous to the "Top Hat Mod" that guys used to do on older Matrix type spoolers.

If the two mods have a similar effects, you should be looking at gaining a pod or so. You have already divined that you will be giving away a bit of the lower operating pressure. The trick will be to try a number of different inserts and find which gives the best results. You might also consider fiddling with your o-ring fitment.

Good luck!
I think that is were I got the idea. And the many articles about Automag users trying to get more efficiency by decreasing the dump chamber volume. The marker shoots rougher and might get a little louder, but people say the Crossover is loud anyway and at something likeva tournament where the players see you on a small field it wouldn't matter, or a big game where you aren't playing a sniper (the Crossover is too loud for that anyways).
ECA77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2013, 07:09 AM #338
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
7paintball supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECA77 View Post
I think that is were I got the idea. And the many articles about Automag users trying to get more efficiency by decreasing the dump chamber volume. The marker shoots rougher and might get a little louder, but people say the Crossover is loud anyway and at something likeva tournament where the players see you on a small field it wouldn't matter, or a big game where you aren't playing a sniper (the Crossover is too loud for that anyways).
I will have to start trying a few things.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:07 AM #339
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7paintball View Post
I will have to start trying a few things.
You also have to remember as you raise your operating pressure, the bolt will be hitting the ball stack harder as well. So even if you gain shots, you may not be able to use brittle paint or at least paint that is AS brittle as you use now. The result being, you're less effective on the field. I imagine this won't be a problem on a nice hot summer day, but this time of year it could be an issue.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:12 PM #340
connorlee17

What are the advantages of the Crossover and the Crossover XVR over something like an X7 or an A5?
connorlee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:07 PM #341
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Ninja Paintball
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by connorlee17 View Post
What are the advantages of the Crossover and the Crossover XVR over something like an X7 or an A5?
Crossovers at lighter, more efficient, less bulky, don't have to use a cyclone feed. In addition, the XVR has an on/off asa.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.