Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-11-2012, 03:44 PM #43
Element Paintball

Element Paintball is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Bad news on the bolt sadly. Even with my lightest spring its only getting about 275 FPS. Looks like the bolt just doesn't have enough mass. I might make a steel or magnesium version, but then I'm not sure it would offer any benefit over the stock bolt in sound/weight reduction.

So... who wants 100 bolts that shoot about 215 on the stock spring?! Really Cheap!
Element Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2012, 05:16 PM #44
azathoth300
Dirge

azathoth300 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
azathoth300 supports Ninja Paintball
I'll put this out there. AGD got rid of a lot of the kick on the Automag RT by using a much softer bumper. They do not last more than a year (sometimes less) but the difference is noticeable.
azathoth300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:40 PM #45
Cmac22
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element Paintball View Post
Bad news on the bolt sadly. Even with my lightest spring its only getting about 275 FPS. Looks like the bolt just doesn't have enough mass. I might make a steel or magnesium version, but then I'm not sure it would offer any benefit over the stock bolt in sound/weight reduction.

So... who wants 100 bolts that shoot about 215 on the stock spring?! Really Cheap!
personally the sound of the etha doesn't bother me whatsoever, its the "smoothness" of the shot. the etha vibrates like hell and maybe a different spring would settle it down. do any of your springs reduce that vibration?
Cmac22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:07 PM #46
M6Dean

M6Dean owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
M6Dean has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
M6Dean has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i cant help but to laugh when people talk about paintball marker kick or recoil. go shoot a real gun, then come back and we will continue this conversation

Empire E-Vent/ Vforce Profiler
Empire Contact tz olive jersey and pants
M6Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:44 PM #47
Bruce Leroy

Id be interested in two of these bolts amd two of the really light springs that were allowing the 275fps. I generally play at 275-285 depending
Bruce Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:11 PM #48
Element Paintball

sorry bruce. I really don't want to sell a product that doesn't meet my standards. I understand some people might be OK with it, but that's just not me.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:42 PM #49
seanhearn

Don't give up Element! I was banking on you being the first to offer a bolt.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 PM #50
M6Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac22 View Post
^ignore the a**hat.
not trying to come across as a jerk, but in all honesty, unless a markers recoil or kick interferes with your playing ability, i dont see it as a problem. just my opinion. i can understand for tourny when the kick causes a double shot in a semi only rule set, in that situation i understand reducing kick

Old 08-13-2012, 11:39 PM #51
Element Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhearn View Post
Don't give up Element! I was banking on you being the first to offer a bolt.
Yeah, I'm not throwing in the towel, but I've got 100 bolts here that aren't even good paperweights =P
I have to look at alternate materials. Titanium would be the right weight, but boy its not cheap.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:55 PM #52
Crimmins

Well... The [edited] is partially right. Real guns have real recoil. However since this is a sport... Let's have at the best performance we can get
. Even if for no other reason but to say we did it.
Keep us posted on any bolt upgrades. I could use to pick an upgrade up for my nephew. Not that his Etha doesn't perform. But he'd like it to be a bit smoother like my Proto Reflex (Without having to get a whole new marker).

Last edited by calvman : 08-14-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Crimmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:41 AM #53
Cmac22
-

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Dean View Post
not trying to come across as a jerk, but in all honesty, unless a markers recoil or kick interferes with your playing ability, i dont see it as a problem. just my opinion. i can understand for tourny when the kick causes a double shot in a semi only rule set, in that situation i understand reducing kick
Kick was never the issue. The vibration inside the gun slightly annoyes me and does not effect my proformance whatsoever. I'd just prefer a smoother shot and I'm sure 99% of etha owners would aswell. I thought you were a troll. My bad.

Last edited by Cmac22 : 08-14-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Cmac22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:31 PM #54
Goozen

Quote:
Kick was never the issue. The vibration inside the gun slightly annoyes me and does not effect my proformance whatsoever. I'd just prefer a smoother shot and I'm sure 99% of etha owners would aswell. I thought you were a troll. My bad.
Kinda seemed like he was trolling to me...haha
Goozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:01 PM #55
enginerd

enginerd owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element Paintball View Post
Yeah, I'm not throwing in the towel, but I've got 100 bolts here that aren't even good paperweights =P
I have to look at alternate materials. Titanium would be the right weight, but boy its not cheap.
Have you thought about boring holes and inserting weights? It may cause issues if the weight isn't evenly distributed (radially) - but it would be a good litmus test of your bolt form.

Or, similarly, add an inner sleeve that's a different material? This would add cost but I'd be willing to wager it's cheaper than titanium ...
enginerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:17 PM #56
rocket21

Follow the way Boss Paintball made theirs for the Axe. Try the Delrin with the spring kit he sells for a start?
rocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 PM #57
Sherlok

Sherlok is a Supporting Member
Sherlok has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Not knowing anything about this, wouldn't increasing volume allow you to lower the operating pressure?

What if you milled out the 'can' or poppet housing so it was essentially open, put an o-ring on either side of the holes. Maybe the added volume would be enough to push a lighter bolt/spring up to ~300.

That might make it a little more finicky. Also I'm probably talking out of my ***, lol.

I also wonder if a bumper or something behind the poppet/poppet spring wouldn't do something.

Last edited by Sherlok : 08-16-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Sherlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:29 PM #58
M6Dean

Quote:
i have not shot any other gun than my bt-4 and my etha. but when i compare the etha to the bt-4 the etha is a dream. but if i were to compare it to a geo or luxe, i would probably end up agreeing with you. but i believe the ping could be solved by making the bolt just slightly thicker to reduce the space between the spring and bolt. just an idea, but i have zero knowledge of this kind of stuff so i could be completely wrong

Old 08-16-2012, 09:32 PM #59
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
EDIT:

Element:
I'm sure if you lightened the spring and included a magnet in the back of a polymer bolt, you can still have the weight reduction, but a consistent and full cycle to get the ball up to speed.

Last edited by YeloSno : 08-16-2012 at 09:38 PM.
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 AM #60
Crimmins

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Dean View Post
i have not shot any other gun than my bt-4 and my etha. but when i compare the etha to the bt-4 the etha is a dream. but if i were to compare it to a geo or luxe, i would probably end up agreeing with you. but i believe the ping could be solved by making the bolt just slightly thicker to reduce the space between the spring and bolt. just an idea, but i have zero knowledge of this kind of stuff so i could be completely wrong
Don't even have to go as far as a Geo or Luxe to avoid that spring feeling vibration. Any Proto (except an SLG), or Etek's, or DP's. Even Ions and Minis will fire without that. All these guns are in a fairly comparale price range as the Etha. But these guns all have their differences so it's all about personal taste.
Crimmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:41 AM #61
Bruce Leroy

I'll be a interested in any upgrades from Element. I've seen some of your other works.
Bruce Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:00 PM #62
M6Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimmins View Post
Don't even have to go as far as a Geo or Luxe to avoid that spring feeling vibration. Any Proto (except an SLG), or Etek's, or DP's. Even Ions and Minis will fire without that. All these guns are in a fairly comparale price range as the Etha. But these guns all have their differences so it's all about personal taste.
today i decided to put a couple shots through my etha and listen for the vibration. turns out it does have some, i never noticed it before cus i was busy playing, but now it is very clear. i would think the fix would be in the spring. also, i dry fired a few times and my bolt tip came off anyone else had this happen? although, i was shooting into a blanket to reduce the sound. maybe some back pressure caused this to happen

Old 08-17-2012, 06:23 PM #63
Apewar

Apewar owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Apewar supports Ninja Paintball
i dry fire alot and never had the tip come out...is it damaged at all?
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote