Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-05-2002, 05:10 PM #1
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintball Sightings!

Well, the old thread got killed in the myserious server crash. Same idea, just post paintball sightings on TV, newspaper, radio, or any other mass media form.
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2002, 09:06 PM #2
Asian-Assassin

well since noone else is contributing i might as well

@Splatter factor a TV show
@lots of mags Facefull. APG, crossfire.....
@KissFM a radio station advertises for hollywood sports and SC village

MY FEEDBACK
Old 08-07-2002, 12:31 AM #3
BKhAH
n/a

BKhAH is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Asian-Assassin

@KissFM a radio station advertises for hollywood sports and SC village

BAH... like anyone listens to them.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:36 AM #4
Asian-Assassin

dude if u go to SC they play the advertisements Kiss FM did for SC and hollywood. So when im there its not like I have a choice whether I hear it or not

MY FEEDBACK
Old 08-07-2002, 01:28 AM #5
SmHCobraOwner
the one and only

SmHCobraOwner is a Supporting Member
Just shoot Me relates to paintball.

Tonight i was watching Just Shoot Me. The plotline was they were going on a paintball outing. The bad part of this was that they were acting like paintball was all about war. It was war without the death. the people running it acted like it was a man thing only for men. (shovanistic peeps) They used stingrays and no goggles talking like they were commandos and stuff like that.

On the good side Just shoot me Probly isnt as big of a show as some of the others. But if it were as big as some others how do you think it would have an effect on paintball.

Feedback
Old 08-09-2002, 07:42 AM #6
Raines8416
~!@#$%^&*()_+

Raines8416 is a Supporting Member
Re: Just shoot Me relates to paintball.

Quote:
Originally posted by SmHCobraOwner
Tonight i was watching Just Shoot Me. The plotline was they were going on a paintball outing. The bad part of this was that they were acting like paintball was all about war. It was war without the death. the people running it acted like it was a man thing only for men. (shovanistic peeps) They used stingrays and no goggles talking like they were commandos and stuff like that.

On the good side Just shoot me Probly isnt as big of a show as some of the others. But if it were as big as some others how do you think it would have an effect on paintball.
if thats their cup of tea, so be it! if some non player saw that then watched a big tourney, they probably wouldnt even know it was the same sport.

aight, as i put before the incident with the server...

Our newspaper had a thing about team aftershock, it was a whole page... well half of the page was a picture... and a forth of it was advertisements... so it had a forth of a page.... on just stupid *** **** like how much the owner spends, talk about boasting... "with the team's guns costing in the upper thousands each, the owener of team aftershock spends roughly $25,000 a year on equiptment, matinence, ect. tournaments can cost anywhere from $100, to over $1000 to enter, but prizes can be up to $10,000 cash." haha its was something stupid like that... then they went on to name all the tourneys they won... wow...

.: Hi. My name is Raines. :.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:00 AM #7
Toilet Man

on the new red green show they were paintballing. one guy used paintdarts (paintbrushes dipped in paint and the other guy had a compact 2000 (i think) and they made a machine gun sound when it was time for the guy with the gun to shoot and he didnt even shoot and then at the end he took a shot and then you hear aaaaaaaah and then he blows the smoke from his gun
it was funny
Old 08-09-2002, 11:46 AM #8
Bentley

i was watching blind date and they were playing paintball. the girl had an angel and the guy had a cocker. it was only like a minute but it was cool.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:36 PM #9
youm0nt

well i saw a kid w/ a 98 at wildwood crest,new jersey.he had it in his hands,no tank,shown in public
Old 08-09-2002, 02:31 PM #10
mod squad

headrush the field in syracuse new york has a tv commercial on the basic cable channels

i saw paintball on insomniac with dave attel, that show kicks ***
Old 08-09-2002, 03:11 PM #11
LeF_11

Hmmm KissFM. LIke the one that airs in the DFW area? Cuz i love listenting to that show .... Kid Krad**** .. that show cracks me up
Old 08-12-2002, 02:25 AM #12
LeF_11

Oh well it's posted.. tough.. Now Back to the discussion..

I saw some stuff about paintball at www.warpig.com
Old 08-12-2002, 05:42 AM #13
vinsane

Quote:
Originally posted by Asian-Assassin

@Splatter factor a TV show

What network is it on? And when?
Old 08-12-2002, 12:42 PM #14
Rush_yyz

my local field Blast Factory , in Kokomo, IN has a commercial that is on all the time...but what's funny is you see people running up half the field off the break and grabbing the flag in less than 30 seconds...lol
Old 08-14-2002, 12:26 AM #15
Ov3rmind

One of my local radio stations has a commercial on for one of my feilds, Paintball Planet.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:35 AM #16
Sid

Insomniac had a show where they played paintball for part of the episode it was a big game so there were refs and REAL masks the host (dave atell) was using a shocker
Old 08-17-2002, 11:26 AM #17
Shadow Fox

well on my radio ( DC101 ) a while back this year when spyder man was coming out one of the other radio stations aboe them that they hate uumm hot 99.5 and the 99.5 guy was suppose to get in a spyder man out fit and repel down the side of the building and elliote and them ( dc101 ) wanted to hit him wit sumtin firsti t was rocks then they thought a paintball gun then they had peps callin in to let them use there guns to shoot the guy but it began to rain so it never happened and good thing to but elliot is halarius !
Old 08-18-2002, 07:47 PM #18
hotbm2k17

ive seen billboards for paintball fields/companies...ive also seen it on some dating show on mtv n they all had nice guns...it was the show with the time out card....n there was 2 girls n a guy...i dunno
Old 08-19-2002, 10:02 PM #19
brand0n

one of my local fields in toronto has commercials, field name is Sgt Splatters

On this show Greg the Bunny they went paintballin but i forget what markers they used. all i know is that they used glass jars for hoppers and cheap clear goggles that only coverd the eyes.

In one of the jackie chan movies jackie has to put a tracing device on a car and he uses a green cocker with no hopper or tank.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:36 PM #20
PaintTillYouDye

I saw paintball on insomniac with dave attel.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:24 AM #21
Paintballer34
banana juice

There is a "king of the Hill" with paintball in it. Where hank and his friends try to beat some teenagers.

AIM- sportswinner341

Last edited by paintballer34 on your grandma's birthday