crazyeyedkohler
Future Hawaii Pumper :)

crazyeyedkohler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
crazyeyedkohler owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crazyeyedkohler supports Team VICIOUS
crazyeyedkohler is for the Gunfight
crazyeyedkohler supports Sherwood Forest
Half Blocking an Autococker

For some odd reason the pictures dont work on here but oh well at least words can tell the storys. If this is not the right place please let me know. This is kind of old but it should help out a little.

What is a half block autococker?

A half block autococker is a modified autococker, which eliminates about 70 grams of aluminum, and gets rid of the cocking rod, and the back block.

How does a half block autococker work?

A half block autococker operates very much like a standard full bodied autococker, except for the mechanism of cocking the hammer. Below is an animation that I made. It demonstrates how the gun functions like a standard autococker, but instead of using a cocking rod, the pull pin slides inside of a slot in the hammer, cocking it back over the sear. When the sear releases, the hammer strikes the valve, just like a regular autococker.
Click here to watch the animation

Where do half block autocockers come from?

They got their start with the PTP micrococker. These guns, made by Pro Team Products (PTP) had a single trigger slide frame, a foregripless bottom line, a power feed, and a half bocked body. It was a wonderful innovation for autocockers, and it provided a new sleek, compact look. However, it didn’t come without a price. It was a fairly basic cocker with a hacked body that went for an MSRP of $650. Reduced: 80% of original size [ 640 x 480 ] - Click to view full image

Will half blocking my autococker make it higher performance?

No. Plain and simple. No. Despite claims of half blocks being faster, more efficient etc., a half block will NOT perform better than a full blocked autococker. It will move less when the ram cycles because there is a lower reciprocating mass moving around, but that is about where the half block’s advantages end. Changing a half block’s velocity happens to be easier however, as because of the absence of a cocking rod, the IVG is very easy to access.

If it doesn’t increase performance what does it do?

Well, it makes the whole gun lighter, and tighter. No longer do you have to worry about being tourney legal because you don’t have a beaver tail, or if you are an idiot, worrying about getting smacked by your back block. Also, it gives it a unique, sophisticated, sleek, and refined look. But that last comment is up to you.

What is mid blocking?

Mid blocking is similar to half blocking, yet the bolt is fully encased, unlike a half block, where the bolt is very exposed. In a mid block, the bolt is guided, and held onto the rest of the autococker by the body. In the case of a half block, the bolt is held on by a “sled.” Mid blocks cock the hammer in the same manner as a half block. A good example of a mid block is a Black Magic.

What are the drawbacks of mid blocking and half blocking?

Well, for the cost, there isn’t a whole lot of gain in performance. It’s a bit more of a “I have a unique gun so neah” sort of thing, not “My gun is ultra high perforamce so neah.” Also, because of the pull pin cocking mechanism, there is a slot milled into the valvetrain tube, allowing dirt into the hammer chamber, which may cause a need for more frequent rebuilds.

Can I mQ my half block?

Yes you can. However, the pull pin must be ground down to an appropriate length so that it does not interfere with the mQ valve.

What other custom cuts can be performed on autocockers?

In addition to mid blocking, and half blocking, there are 2 more common cuts. One of them, called a Mini cut eliminates the need for an ASA, and takes a good inch off of the length of the gun sans barrel. The ASA is integrated into the front block. Again, this cut does not increase performance; it just gives your gun a different, and unique look. However, this cut may actually decrease performance, as there is a smaller air chamber, requiring a higher operating pressure. The other common cut, a midget cut eliminates about an inch from the valvetrain tube. This cut must be made in conjunction with a half block cut. This cut makes it so that the back of the gun sits flush with the trigger frame. This makes for a lighter and tighter gun. With all 4 of these cuts in conjunction, the end result is the smallest gun possible..Even smaller than a spool valve, just slightly taller. This image demonstrates 3 cuts. Mini, Mid, and Midget.

Where can I buy a half block body, or get my cocker half blocked?

Robin “BlackBean” can convert your current cocker into a half block
Reduced: 80% of original size [ 640 x 426 ] - Click to view full image

Turtle Innovation is run by Rob Long. They can sell you a half block autococker body, or convert your existing cocker into a “Turtle,” and even sell you a complete, brand new Turtle. Pictured is a Delrin Turtle, a T.I. Exclusive. Reduced: 80% of original size [ 640 x 480 ] - Click to view full image

Fireball Mountain can sell you an FBM Half assed body.

Disruptive Paintball can sell you a Disruptor Pro Cut body, or they can sell you a complete Disruptor Pro Cut autococker

Doc Nickel can sell you a Fastback body.

Racegun makes the Racegun Halfblock. It comes factory with a Race Frame. Reduced: 85% of original size [ 600 x 310 ] - Click to view full image

Warped Sportz sells their Z Force Cocker.

Can I make my own half block autococker?

Yes, you can, but I STRONGLY recommend against it. You need a mill, experience and plan. I can’t help you with the first two, but the last, I have you covered for plans. You will also need some parts. These can be found here, at White Wolf Airsmithing The plans are here.

What are some good places to find out more about half block autocockers?

The official Halfcocker website

Below are some videos that Uziel Gal provided me with. The demonstrate how a half block works. Note that any autococker will perform this well, provided that quality parts are used.

WGP Black Magic

Black Magic with Predator coded board

Racegun Half-Block

Osiris Orracle Half-Cocker

Fastback with mQ valve

PBX mid-block prototype

This should be stickey

Last edited by crazyeyedkohler : 03-25-2009 at 08:44 PM.
crazyeyedkohler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2009, 03:30 PM #2
808_paintball
Why not?

has been a member for 10 years
Nice man.
808_paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:50 AM #3
Musgrave02

Great job I have been thinking of doing this and this answered most of my questions the only thing that could be added is maybe an approximate price range

-PHOTOGRAPHY-
Need some great PICTURES? Let us shoot you!
Currently booking MPPL Event #2
Only 8 spots left! Click here for more info
Musgrave02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:33 AM #4
dakota_lyons (Banned)

none of the links work... but good write up
dakota_lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:07 AM #5
crazyeyedkohler

I really dont know what the price range is. Wait do you want the price range on half blocking autocockers?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:05 AM #6
Hobodictator
Love me some Piglet

Hobodictator owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hobodictator is an NCPA player
Hobodictator plays in the APPA beginner division
Hobodictator has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hmcl281 and jcurt on here do halfblocking as a service amongst many other cocker mods
Hobodictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:33 PM #7
Ghost Reaper

That's a damn nice copy of turtles post in the pbreview forum. Why copy someone else's work?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link: http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396611
Ghost Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:17 PM #8
05 ProStock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Reaper View Post
That's a damn nice copy of turtles post in the pbreview forum. Why copy someone else's work?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link: http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396611
Owned.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 PM #9
crazyeyedkohler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 ProStock View Post
Owned.
So true yeah i found and i thought it would be good for pbnation. Turtle makes nice reveiws ;-)
Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM #10
05 ProStock

You have brought shame to the pump community.

That will be 10 lashings at once!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:39 PM #11
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Doesn't really belong in this section but I added it to the Ultimate Sticky.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:27 PM #12
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyedkohler View Post
Turtle Innovation is run by Rob Long. They can sell you a half block autococker body, or convert your existing cocker into a “Turtle,” and even sell you a complete, brand new Turtle. Pictured is a Delrin Turtle, a T.I. Exclusive. Reduced: 80% of original size [ 640 x 480 ] - Click to view full image
I would avoid Mr Long if at all possible. He's BAD news from what I've seen.

DA
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:26 AM #13
hmcl281

here is the main site for cocker half block since i do not believe there is another

http://halfcocker.com

only some mid block bodies fully encase the bolt.

majority of the miller or seller of the bodies on the post r no longer in business or had a lot of issue.

some pictures would also help the thread.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote