Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-02-2008, 10:36 AM #1
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
thanks f'ing idiots

Thanks for taking a perfectly good league and flushing it down the toilet becouse oF incompetance and ego,Thanks fro not listening to the players and forging ahead with ridiculas schemes to take paintball to tv,webcasts,stadiums etc when most people knew it wasnt ready,Thanks for now putting us as team owners and field owners in a position to completly change our way of playing and our way of doing biz.Thanks for taking away my passion and the funnest thing i do in life.Thanks for giving the psp a way to finnally kill off 7 man,Thanks for souring multible large sponsers to paintball that most likley are too burned to come back(marines,army etc GOOD JOB WAITING TO TAKE THIER MONEY FOR 2009 AND THEN FILING BK)Thanks for taking tons of money from an outside force and complelty f'ing it up to where now no new money will ever come into the sport.Thanks for ruining HB!! wow disgusting that you ruined that,I hope to god that none of you people ever come back into paintball.Your greed and ego ruined the best league i hope your proud
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2008, 11:14 AM #2
BrandonLambertson909

BrandonLambertson909 is a Supporting Member
BrandonLambertson909 is a Professional paintball player
I have to say one thing. Some good people lost their jobs because of this, my girlfriend included. There were some people in that company that truly tried to do the right thing, but while Shawn Walker was there, it was impossible. Up until his last days there, Shawn had Bruce completely fooled. By the time Bruce found out what Shawn was doing (stealing money from the company...literally) the damage had been done. The economy just added to the problem. Had Shawn not stolen as much money as he did and if he actually had two functioning brain cells and ran the league better while he was there, it wouldn't have ended like this. The funding wasn't there for the next year because investors didn't trust it could do better and Shawn pissed a lot of sponsors off over his time there. After talking to everyone at the Pacific Paintball office yesterday, I can say with confidence that Shawn was ultimately the reason the doors closed.

Everyone can thank Shawn Walker for this!!!

Support the unity of the paintball industry, wear your WOLF SHIRT:
http://thepaintballagenda.blogspot.com/
Old 12-02-2008, 11:17 AM #3
Fitz0975
b&

Thanks shawn walker
Old 12-02-2008, 11:31 AM #4
Choctaw High School

i would like to say thanks to Mr. Walker because now my midwest series can take off. I have a series in mind that i would like to see a lot of national teams that played NPPL come and play here. I plan to have an entry fee that is less than NPPL and at a min. of 15 teams have a payout thats exponentially bigger than NPPL and PSP combined. You do the math $750 entry times 15 teams=payout for 1st-5th. For more info look at the okla thread under cuspa
Old 12-02-2008, 11:31 AM #5
cooperk85
cucha de madre

wow it is true i thought that they were kidding with me. wow this is something that is really hard to believe.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:53 AM #6
nio101

Id like to say thanks cuz i cant afford to play xball so ****
Old 12-02-2008, 12:01 PM #7
Choctaw High School

noi101 whom are you saying thanx to?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:02 PM #8
cinoba

cinoba works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
Thanks for taking a perfectly good league and flushing it down the toilet becouse oF incompetance and ego,Thanks fro not listening to the players and forging ahead with ridiculas schemes to take paintball to tv,webcasts,stadiums etc when most people knew it wasnt ready,Thanks for now putting us as team owners and field owners in a position to completly change our way of playing and our way of doing biz.Thanks for taking away my passion and the funnest thing i do in life.Thanks for giving the psp a way to finnally kill off 7 man,Thanks for souring multible large sponsers to paintball that most likley are too burned to come back(marines,army etc GOOD JOB WAITING TO TAKE THIER MONEY FOR 2009 AND THEN FILING BK)Thanks for taking tons of money from an outside force and complelty f'ing it up to where now no new money will ever come into the sport.Thanks for ruining HB!! wow disgusting that you ruined that,I hope to god that none of you people ever come back into paintball.Your greed and ego ruined the best league i hope your proud
now is a good time to concentrate on them fields of dreams.. work from ground zero, look forward to a future without politics, control your destiny, build new relationships. and make it work for you and the people in the same limelight as you. not for them, but for you. build the teams, get into invitational style tourneys. there should be a boycott, a union as proposed, now so that this stuff never happens again. there is a reason no outside forces likes to put money in paintball, ppl like shawn are a bunch of haters, and snakes always looking at fruit before the root.
if we all stuck together as players we willnot invest the years of money and bulls*&t for this kind of turn out.
NPPL may be forgotten or not. We play because there will be stories told for years to come. Now, its pissed away. We can never really say there was money, it was more playing time. We all know that the money put in never equates to the money coming out unless your the top .05% of the Pro leagues. Guess what? We the Player can have a voice and make the rules.

my question is, how did shawn play the Pac Paintball into his hands so well? and why did no one try to stop this blind man leading so long?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:04 PM #9
southbaykilla
EC

I say if Shawn Walker stole/embezzled money from NPPL and Pacific PB then he should go to jail. Lets hope that 7 man will continue...
Old 12-02-2008, 12:06 PM #10
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Fox4paintball is a Moderator
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Shawn Walker - making daddy proud.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:07 PM #11
lawler#25

lawler#25 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lawler#25 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
lawler#25 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw High School View Post
noi101 whom are you saying thanx to?
Mr. Shaun Walker. I'd like to say thanks too you moron.
Chautauqua Lake NEMESIS #14

I bunkered Chuck Norris.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:09 PM #12
Choctaw High School

ok i guess im an idiot also. my brain is still snoozing
Old 12-02-2008, 12:54 PM #13
nio101

good ol mr. walker and friends
Old 12-02-2008, 01:14 PM #14
roccityhustle#7

if this is really happening then the psp should take up the responsibility of being the only national league. though i liked 7 man i think that psp should add 7 man or something so 7 man doesnt die out.

Barrie Chop Shop '09
Hustle '07, '08, '09
Old 12-02-2008, 02:02 PM #15
URBANxFLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
said it all
Old 12-02-2008, 02:28 PM #16
pointblankpb10

pointblankpb10 plays in the APPA D5 division
we should hunt down shawn walker and steal his money....

..or perhaps :nododgy:..
Rockport Rage #6
'08 MXL
Rockville Redemption #10
'09 MXL
Old 12-02-2008, 02:30 PM #17
Cnoddings0364
Paintsieg

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D2 division
Old 12-02-2008, 02:32 PM #18
cinoba

cinoba works for a Paintball manufacturer
we should take the turf he put in his backyard with Pac paintball money
Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 PM #19
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLambertson909 View Post
I have to say one thing. Some good people lost their jobs because of this, my girlfriend included. There were some people in that company that truly tried to do the right thing, but while Shawn Walker was there, it was impossible. Up until his last days there, Shawn had Bruce completely fooled. By the time Bruce found out what Shawn was doing (stealing money from the company...literally) the damage had been done. The economy just added to the problem. Had Shawn not stolen as much money as he did and if he actually had two functioning brain cells and ran the league better while he was there, it wouldn't have ended like this. The funding wasn't there for the next year because investors didn't trust it could do better and Shawn pissed a lot of sponsors off over his time there. After talking to everyone at the Pacific Paintball office yesterday, I can say with confidence that Shawn was ultimately the reason the doors closed.

Everyone can thank Shawn Walker for this!!!
With all due respect for your gf and a realazation that Mr Walker definitly had the largest hand in this imo , I think theres some other people who were compalcent (sp*) in this as well, the idea that people who worked for pp didnt realize that is was bleeding cash is laughable imo ,.I as a outsider knew it was bad ,really bad and i voiced my concern to a bunch of them Shawn included ,what i got back was a big ish eating grin and alot of placating,basicly letting me know how they were the ones who knew, even at san diego dave was quick to tell me that "big sponsers wanted stadiums" i answered who the hell are you talking about? he in a dreamlike transe responded "coke and nike" i almost fell off my chair laughing, those are culpable imo to the demise of OUR LEAGUE!! those guys have to shoulder blame as well,, every one who worked there and watched as they pissed away money for stupid stuff is at fault as well..
Old 12-02-2008, 02:58 PM #20
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.

Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i hope he gets hit by a bus. i dont hope he dies b/c wishing death on someone is ****ed up but i hope he gets a bus in his ***.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:01 PM #21
Real_1

Real_1 plays in the PSP
Real_1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Real_1 plays in the APPA D4 division