Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-07-2008, 02:05 PM #1
PaintballTourney2

2008 Midwest Paintball Series - Details

For the most part, things will stay the same as they were in the 07 season. The changes that we are currently looking at are as follows. Take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Dan:

1. Tentative Dates for the 2008 MPS: Below are the tentative dates and locations for the MPS Events… Mark Your Calendars!! I haven’t talked to TAP, DZ or PCOC about these dates so depending on what they say, things might change slightly.

- Event #1 @ Tornado Alley Paintball in El Dorado, KS = April 12th & 13th, 2008
- Event #2 @ DropZone Extreme Sports in Lawrence, KS = May 31st & June 1st, 2008
- Event #3 @ Paintball Club Of Choctaw in Oklahoma City, OK = July 12th & 13th, 2008
- Event #4 @ Location TBD = August 30th & 31st
- Event #5 @ Location TBD = October 4th & 5th

2. Registrations: I was going to use APPA for registrations but for various reasons I’ve decided not to. Registrations will be the same as the 07 season (MPSID Forms, Team Registration Forms, etc.)

3. Series Points:
Series Points will be the same as in 07 with the exception that I’m now offering Bonus Points to those teams who play multiple events:

Series Points:
- 1st Place team = 7 points
- 2nd Place team = 6 points
- 3rd Place team = 5 points
- 4th Place team = 4 points
- 5th Place team = 3 points
- 6th Place team = 2 points
- All other teams who didn't place = 1 point
- Teams who don't play an event = 0 point
- Teams who ref an event = 7 points (Restrictions Apply)
- Lowest Score WILL NOT be dropped

Bonus Series Points:
- If played in 1 event = 0 bonus points
- If played in 2 events = 1 bonus point
- If played in 3 events = 3 bonus points
- If played in 4 events = 5 bonus points
- If played in 5 events = 7 bonus points

4. Entry: From what I’ve discovered in the 07 season, most teams are willing to pay slightly higher entry for better prizes… Therefore, the entry prices for the 2008 season will be:

- Level 1 entry will now be $300 per team ($100 Increase)
- Level 2 entry will now be $250 per team ($10 Increase)
- Level 3 entry will now be $180 per team ($40 Increase)
- Level 4 entry will now be $150 per team ($40 Increase)

Late fees of $30 per 3man team and $50 per 5man team will still apply after the “Early Registration Deadline”

5. Level 1 Payouts: the payouts for Level 1 will greatly depend on the number of teams that play Levels 2, 3, and 4. A small portions of their entry will help contribute to the L1 payout. This is identical to how PSP and NPPL get their payouts for their upper divisions.

(L1 Payouts are based on having 10 teams for L2 and L3 and 5 teams for L4. L1 payouts will be adjusted accordingly if numbers are less than that mentioned)
- With 2 Teams or Less = Level cancelled
- With 3 Teams = $800 for first / $300 for Second
- With 4 Teams = $900 for first / $400 for Second / $100 for Third
- With 5 Teams = $1000 for first / $500 for Second / $150 for Third
- With 6 Teams = $1100 for first / $600 for Second / $200 for Third
- With 7 Teams = $1200 for first / $700 for Second / $250 for Third
- With 8 Teams = $1400 for first / $800 for Second / $300 for Third
- With 9 Teams = $1500 for first / $900 for Second / $350 for Third
- With 10 Teams = $1600 for first / $1000 for Second / $400 for Third

6. Player Qualifications: The player qualifications are similar to the 07 season with some minor changes. Below are the player qualifications

Player Classifications/Restrictions:
- Definition of a "Returning Player" = A returning player is someone who has played in two or more MPS events in 2007
- Definition of a "New Player" = A new player is someone who has played in one or no MPS events in 2007
- The Series Promoter has the ultimate decision on what Level a player qualifies for depending on that players situation. Email paintballtourney@cox.net if you have a question on which Level you qualify for

Level 1 - 5Man Open Class (Intended for players with UNLIMITED tourney experience)
- Open to anyone

Level 2 - 5Man Rookie (Intended for players with A LOT of tourney experience)
- Returning Players: If you placed FIRST in two or more L2 MPS events in 2007, you must bump up to Level 1
- Returning Players: If you played in three or more L2 MPS events in 2007 and you did not place in the top 6, you can bump down to Level 3
- New Players: Player cannot have EVER played NPPL/PSP Division 2 or higher

Level 3 - 3Man Beginner (Intended for players with SOME tourney experience)
- Returning Players: If you placed FIRST in two or more L3 MPS events in 2007, you must bump up to Level 2
- Returning Players: If you played in three or more L3 events in 2007 and you did not place in the top 6, you can bump down to Level 4
- New Players: No NPPL or PSP experience ever (This Does Not Include Young Guns)

Level 4 - 3Man Newbie (Intended for players with LITTLE or NO tourney experience)
- Returning Players: If you placed FIRST in Division 4 in any MPS event in 2007, you must bump up to Level 3
- New Players: No NPPL or PSP experience ever (This Does Include Young Guns)
- New Players: No Local Novice or Amateur tournament experience ever
- New Players: No more than 3 tournaments of experience
- All Level 4 players must use either 1) Mechanical Marker and any hopper or 2) Gravity Fed Hopper with any marker (Either the marker or the hopper can have a battery but not both)

7. Paint: Due to the cost increase from the manufacturer's, the cost per paint will increase slightly per case

Paint (Event Paint Only):
- $55 Per Case
- $60 Per Case
- $65 Per Case

8. Coaching: Coaching will not be allowed as discussed in the past because there was not an overwhelming approval from a majority of the players

9. Flip Days: This will not happen because I’ve been contacted by several teams saying they could not play the series if the days were switched.

Last edited by PaintballTourney2 : 02-27-2008 at 07:17 PM.
PaintballTourney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2008, 11:53 PM #2
UneaK
Veni Vidi Vici

has been a member for 10 years
UneaK plays in the PSP
UneaK supports Team VICIOUS
UneaK plays in the APPA D4 division
mayhem will be #1 for sure and maybe 2 and 3 hopefully.
UneaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:54 AM #3
cheez-it2
im kind of a big deal

cheez-it2 plays in the PSP
cheez-it2 supports Team VICIOUS
cheez-it2 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneaK View Post
mayhem will be at event #1 for sure and maybe 2 and 3 hopefully.
fixed ya up thomas
Old 01-08-2008, 09:41 AM #4
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

are all of these dates set in stone?
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:45 AM #5
PaintballTourney2

no, they are tentative. Not much flexability though.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:37 PM #6
jedi kid
High Performance Killer

jedi kid plays in the PSP
jedi kid owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
jedi kid plays in the APPA D4 division
will the mps go to high performance paintball again this year? the event was good last year and it was the only one i was able to go to. thought it may draw teams from this area better than other places.
jedi kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:34 PM #7
PaintballTourney2

I haven't ruled them out....
Old 01-15-2008, 02:32 PM #8
PaintballTourney2

Those of you who are on the KEE Action Sports email list received a letter last week claiming that due to the oil costs, the production, distribution, and shipping of their products will see a price increase across the board this season which will include paint. I am not told yet whether or not this is a for sure thing for the MPS, but I am being proactive and considering the worst case scenario.

If the paint prices do increase, the fields can not take that sort of deduction in their income as we are talking a large some of income the field relies upon to cover their expenses and overhead. The fields and I are considering increasing the paint prices to cover these costs. The amount of increase is unknown at this point but could be $5 per case. So what this means is, paint prices could be $55, $60, and $65 in lieu of the 50/55/60 as it was last season.

On average each player shot 1.6 cases per event in the 2007 season. For the sake of math, we’ll say 2 cases per player. We are talking an increase of $10 per event above what you normally spend for paint.

What I need to hear from you players is your thoughts and if you’ll still be playing the series this 2008 season despite the increase. Again, this amount is too much for the field and myself to take on ourselves and we hope that the acceptance of a small increase per player will still keep the MPS 2008 season going.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 01-15-2008, 02:45 PM #9
cheez-it2
im kind of a big deal

cheez-it2 plays in the PSP
cheez-it2 supports Team VICIOUS
cheez-it2 plays in the APPA D4 division
no doubt mayhem will still play
Old 01-15-2008, 02:45 PM #10
josh_paintball

josh_paintball plays in the PSP
josh_paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
josh_paintball posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballTourney2 View Post
Those of you who are on the KEE Action Sports email list received a letter last week claiming that due to the oil costs, the production, distribution, and shipping of their products will see a price increase across the board this season which will include paint. I am not told yet whether or not this is a for sure thing for the MPS, but I am being proactive and considering the worst case scenario.

If the paint prices do increase, the fields can not take that sort of deduction in their income as we are talking a large some of income the field relies upon to cover their expenses and overhead. The fields and I are considering increasing the paint prices to cover these costs. The amount of increase is unknown at this point but could be $5 per case. So what this means is, paint prices could be $55, $60, and $65 in lieu of the 50/55/60 as it was last season.

On average each player shot 1.6 cases per event in the 2007 season. For the sake of math, we’ll say 2 cases per player. We are talking an increase of $10 per event above what you normally spend for paint.

What I need to hear from you players is your thoughts and if you’ll still be playing the series this 2008 season despite the increase. Again, this amount is too much for the field and myself to take on ourselves and we hope that the acceptance of a small increase per player will still keep the MPS 2008 season going.

Thanks,

Dan
it sucks but we(graffiti) are still planning on playing those events as of right now..i doubt it will change if there is a $5 increase in paint..
josh_paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:00 PM #11
MW_Tak

Quote:

Thanks,

Dan
mafia is down
MW_Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:04 PM #12
x Lastoutlaw X

x Lastoutlaw X supports Cereal Killerz 2
x Lastoutlaw X owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x Lastoutlaw X supports Team VICIOUS
x Lastoutlaw X has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
if you cant afford a 5$/case bump, then you shouldnt really be playing tournaments.
with that, my team is still down like china town for mps 08.

blv
x Lastoutlaw X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:57 PM #13
littleollie24
levi

jesus christ 5 bucks is an outrage.........
jk
40 east maybe be playing open idk yet but chea i will talk to the owner to see if we can have another event at choctaw because that was a really good event. really good field, reffing(becuase of me lol), and the comp.was good i think hope this season will be just as good as last season
R.I.P Casey Gibson #77
PCOC
littleollie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM #14
Phat316Killer207

Phat316Killer207 plays in the APPA beginner division
I'm In. Just need that Whole team thing.... For Most of the tourney i will be In FT Riley/ JC area and the rest Wichita... Any L3 Need a team let me know.

Last edited by Phat316Killer207 : 01-15-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Phat316Killer207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:38 PM #15
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

under achievers still plan on making all 5 events!
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 PM #16
jb12
High Performance Killer!

jb12 plays in the PSP
jb12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jb12 plays in the APPA D4 division
I just stumbled across this thread...the only suggestions I have would be 1.) since the leagues are changing ROF regulations, why not drop the rate of fire to 13. This would allow for easier use of boards since most new boards will be preset at the 13 bps mark. and 2.) instead of giving the average points to a team if the division gets canceled for an event, wait until the series is over, then give them the average of their entire season, not just the events up to that point. This would allow for a more accurate representation of the teams performance through the entire series not just one or 2 events.

Just my 2 cents
Old 01-16-2008, 02:40 PM #17
PaintballTourney2

your #1 was proposed on another forum and here is my response....

I’m not saying we won’t follow suite with the PSP decision to lower their ROF, but for right now we are staying at 15. Some investigation would need to take place on my end to see if the red chromos that most people have read the decimal placing that the PSP has set (I think it is 13.3?) or is it whole numbers only…. So if your gun is set up in the 13.3 PSP mode, will the red chrono’s register at 14?? Perhaps you know the answer to this??

Your comment #2 is noted…. I’ll need to give that some thought.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:32 PM #18
Phat316Killer207

Phat316Killer207 plays in the APPA beginner division
Guess this is question and anwser thread... Will I lose my L4 ranking? Guess my Gf is starting to play this year and I would rather play with her...
Old 01-16-2008, 09:53 PM #19
PaintballTourney2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat316Killer207 View Post
Guess this is question and anwser thread... Will I lose my L4 ranking? Guess my Gf is starting to play this year and I would rather play with her...
What team did you play on?? It depends on if your a returning player or a new player. Also, every player is considered differently. If your gf has never played before, I could see you bumping down to play L4 with her even though you may be a L3 player.... it would depend on who your third player is.

Here are the player restrictions...

Quote:
6. Player Qualifications: The player qualifications are similar to the 07 season with some minor changes. Below are the player qualifications

Player Classifications/Restrictions:
- Definition of a "Returning Player" = A returning player is someone who has played in two or more MPS events in 2007
- Definition of a "New Player" = A new player is someone who has played in one or no MPS events in 2007
- The Series Promoter has the ultimate decision on what Level a player qualifies for depending on that players situation. Email paintballtourney@cox.net if you have a question on which Level you qualify for

Level 1 - 5Man Open Class (Intended for players with UNLIMITED tourney experience)
- Open to anyone

Level 2 - 5Man Rookie (Intended for players with A LOT of tourney experience)
- Returning Players: If you placed FIRST in two or more L2 MPS events in 2007, you must bump up to Level 1
- Returning Players: If you played in three or more L2 MPS events in 2007 and you did not place in the top 6, you can bump down to Level 3
- New Players: Player cannot have EVER played NPPL/PSP Division 2 or higher

Level 3 - 3Man Beginner (Intended for players with SOME tourney experience)
- Returning Players: If you placed FIRST in two or more L3 MPS events in 2007, you must bump up to Level 2
- Returning Players: If you played in three or more L3 events in 2007 and you did not place in the top 6, you can bump down to Level 4
- New Players: No NPPL or PSP experience ever (This Does Not Include Young Guns)

Level 4 - 3Man Newbie (Intended for players with LITTLE or NO tourney experience)
- Returning Players: If you placed FIRST in Division 4 in any MPS event in 2007, you must bump up to Level 3
- New Players: No NPPL or PSP experience ever (This Does Include Young Guns)
- New Players: No Local Novice or Amateur tournament experience ever
- New Players: No more than 3 tournaments of experience
- All Level 4 players must use either 1) Mechanical Marker and any hopper or 2) Gravity Fed Hopper with any marker (Either the marker or the hopper can have a battery but not both)
Old 01-17-2008, 10:55 AM #20
jb12
High Performance Killer!

jb12 plays in the PSP
jb12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jb12 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
your #1 was proposed on another forum and here is my response....

I’m not saying we won’t follow suite with the PSP decision to lower their ROF, but for right now we are staying at 15. Some investigation would need to take place on my end to see if the red chromos that most people have read the decimal placing that the PSP has set (I think it is 13.3?) or is it whole numbers only…. So if your gun is set up in the 13.3 PSP mode, will the red chrono’s register at 14?? Perhaps you know the answer to this??

Your comment #2 is noted…. I’ll need to give that some thought.
I do not know on the red chrony issue...personally we don't use a red chrony to check bps because they can be extremely inaccurate... I'll try to check 13.3 on my hand chrony since it's a little more accurate...but if not 13.3 bps, just call it 13...that'd still be easier to do than 15 on new guns...if you remember right the PSP used to be 15.4 bps, but all the smaller tournaments were just 15...
Old 01-17-2008, 11:06 AM #21
PaintballTourney2

Thanks for your imput.

I did some reasearch on this issue last night and I've read that there are some boards (particularry the tadoe board) doesn't go below 14.

if the MPS did follow the industry of lowering to 13bps, does anyone have any issues with their boards/software?

dan