Community Focus

Old 03-23-2010, 02:31 PM #1
midgetmofia04

midgetmofia04 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
midgetmofia04 plays in the APPA D4 division
midgetmofia04 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
so i shot a .50 cal yesterday and...

well this is just my take on the ".50 cal". this gun i used, a spyder (but still .50 cal) felt like a toy gun, i have a toy gun for the Dollar general that had the same weight. but besaid the weight and toy like feel... and im sad to say this it shot well.

Was ball on ball paint looked and broke from about 3 feet bright fill.

Now i am one of thoes guys who is against .50 cal due to the field owners and that they will have to do. but if this would be and easy process for every one i would be 110% the paint is nice about 3/4 or more of a 500 bag of paint fits in one pod.

I made this to show every one, as some one who has shot .50 cal its not bad. i would do it but i just cant see my field or me ever buying a .50 cal gun.......

ill update this when i do a little more shooting tonight
midgetmofia04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2010, 03:23 PM #2
blitz121
Pocket full of Sunshine

blitz121 helped look for balloons
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blitz121 supports Team VICIOUS
blitz121 supports Sherwood Forest
blitz121 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blitz121 supports Ninja Paintball
because all we need is to haul more paint for more shots..... good ol nppl days.....
Old 03-23-2010, 03:39 PM #3
LoneWolf99
Knight Stalker

has been a member for 10 years
I think you need to clarify - how many times have we heard "ball-on-ball" and breaking from 3ft? I don't that means what you think it means.....

Proudly Sponsored By:
Outdoor Extreme - Chesapeake City
Chipley Custom Machine (CCM)
Feel Good Inc. Pump Team

R.I.P. Rob "Cooter" Coltrane - OPFOR & Knight Stalker - Best of the Best, 1952 - 2010
LoneWolf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:33 PM #4
Digger70chall

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz121 View Post
because all we need is to haul more paint for more shots..... good ol nppl days.....
you could look at it from another angle...same amount of paint in smaller hopper/pods.

to me the hopper is the most annoying part of the gun. It isn't exactly "heavy" but it does place weight further from the pivot point. Put less weight up there or move that weight closer you would get a gun which is easier to maneuver. A small difference maybe but when people are looking to shave ounces off a gun this could make a larger improvement in performance than the lost weight.
Running a smaller tank and getting the same number of shots will give the same improvements as a lighter hopper.

Not to mention it is a smaller target for me to get lazy and leave hanging out
Digger70chall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:31 PM #5
LoneWolf99
Knight Stalker

Or you could play pump or stock class.

Proudly Sponsored By:
Feel Good Inc. Pump Team

R.I.P. Rob "Cooter" Coltrane - OPFOR & Knight Stalker - Best of the Best, 1952 - 2010
Old 03-23-2010, 08:30 PM #6
Digger70chall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf99 View Post
Or you could play pump or stock class.
you are all about limiting my options aren't you?

I'm out of practice and can't shoot ropes of 12bps with my pump, maybe you are a little more experienced?

just realize that there could be benefits which can't be weighed through math and ballistics reports, things which we have overlooked or dismissed without trying...ones which might compel people to experiment with the gun.
Digger70chall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:07 PM #7
S1cK_NaStY
Undercover mod

S1cK_NaStY is playing at Living Legends III
S1cK_NaStY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
S1cK_NaStY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
S1cK_NaStY supports Team VICIOUS
I think everyone should go and shoot .50 cal once and mabey they will stop there little uneducated ranting. I wish the paint would be cheaper though. I saw a site selling .50 cal and it was $40 for a case of 2000. Thats the same price as .68
Ramsey #69
IoWa BalleR
official I quit sale https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3730378
S1cK_NaStY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 PM #8
ThePyledriver
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1cK_NaStY View Post
I think everyone should go and shoot .50 cal once and mabey they will stop there little uneducated ranting. I wish the paint would be cheaper though. I saw a site selling .50 cal and it was $40 for a case of 2000. Thats the same price as .68
http://www.punisherspb.com/gi-milsim...00-rounds.aspx

It's a little more with shipping.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:52 AM #9
LoneWolf99
Knight Stalker

LOL - all about limiting options here.

Actually, outside of tournament speedball - who needs to shoot "ropes" of paint at 12 BPS? On a typical rec day, do you think that encourages new players to come back or discourages them?

Definitely not a personal fan of stock class here (different strokes for different folks), but I can say that my enjoyment of paintball in general has improved dramatically by switching to pump play - open class. It feels more like the days when I first stepped on to the paintball field (though now I do actually have an idea of what I'm doing).

I save money every time I play, and I'm a better player for needing to maximize my utility on the field. Will I still pull out my Mini or Tac on occasion, of course - but overall, my costs are way down and my fun level is way up.

.50 will probably grab a small niche market, but there are much better and less expensive ways to get paintball to the masses.

Proudly Sponsored By:
Feel Good Inc. Pump Team

Old 03-24-2010, 08:13 AM #10
paintballguru92
Guru

paintballguru92 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
My coach was given a "nano" to try out at practice one day. It just blended paint. However I liked the idea. Think of how much more paintball we would be able to play!!! That's why I like the .50 cal idea. I especially like the idea of training on .50 cal then using 0.68 for tournaments.

However I want to remain 100% loyal to the old school paintball (0.68)

My $00.02
Old 03-24-2010, 08:56 AM #11
midgetmofia04

midgetmofia04 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
midgetmofia04 plays in the APPA D4 division
midgetmofia04 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ok guys so i took this gun out yesterday to play... and to be honest.... it sucked.... i was shooting people and all i got was bounces....

when i shot the gun before it shot well and yes ball on ball from about 30 feet.

the gun and paint looks good on paper, the shots per tank ,paint u can carry on you. but the paint price hasnt changed. the spyder guns are same price if not more than a .68 cal spyder gun.

i dont think that the "switch" to .50 cal is a good idea... i think cost wise and playing wise it looked good on paper but in the real world it just doesnt work.
smaller ball= more bounces. think about it less weight, sure it will hurt less but paintball is paintball if u can take the hit dont play
midgetmofia04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 AM #12
LoneWolf99
Knight Stalker

Good feedback - taking it on an actual field & experiencing the issues first hand, priceless.

Proudly Sponsored By:
Feel Good Inc. Pump Team

Old 03-24-2010, 10:33 AM #13
MrMason

MrMason is playing at Living Legends III
MrMason is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger70chall View Post
you could look at it from another angle...same amount of paint in smaller hopper/pods.

to me the hopper is the most annoying part of the gun. It isn't exactly "heavy" but it does place weight further from the pivot point. Put less weight up there or move that weight closer you would get a gun which is easier to maneuver. A small difference maybe but when people are looking to shave ounces off a gun this could make a larger improvement in performance than the lost weight.
Running a smaller tank and getting the same number of shots will give the same improvements as a lighter hopper.

Not to mention it is a smaller target for me to get lazy and leave hanging out
Hoppers help balance the weight of the gun, if you get one that is too light, the gun is going to be very back heavy and not feel right in the hands. I would rather keep the size of the tanks, and just be able to shoot more paint out of them.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 AM #14
painthappy
Painthappy

painthappy is a founding member
painthappy is a Paintball photographer
painthappy is playing at Living Legends VIII
painthappy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetmofia04 View Post
ok guys so i took this gun out yesterday to play... and to be honest.... it sucked.... i was shooting people and all i got was bounces....

when i shot the gun before it shot well and yes ball on ball from about 30 feet.

the gun and paint looks good on paper, the shots per tank ,paint u can carry on you. but the paint price hasnt changed. the spyder guns are same price if not more than a .68 cal spyder gun.

i dont think that the "switch" to .50 cal is a good idea... i think cost wise and playing wise it looked good on paper but in the real world it just doesnt work.
smaller ball= more bounces. think about it less weight, sure it will hurt less but paintball is paintball if u can take the hit dont play
I'm glad you actually got out ON THE FIELD to play with it. There's a big difference between hitting a board target and trying to actually hit a moving soft target.

What I've been saying for a long time. Go ahead and use it, and then the user will really see its faults.

Thank you for all the honest reports.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:13 PM #15
europk
REGINA ROYALS FTMFW

Quote:

The spyder markers are about $30 cheaper than its 68 cal equivalent. The spyder supreme paint thats out is $30 a case and it breaks quite well. What paint were you using? and anyone who order 1 case off an estore is stupid. shipping/handling will kill paint. buy your paint locally if possible and save the shipping costs and get unbroken paint.
I HAVE BEEN AWAY AT A FAMILY REUNION FOR THE LAST WEEK WITH NO INTERNET AND CELL SERVICE, CANADA POST WAS ON STRIKE FROM JUNE 14-28/29th DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVED, ALL PACKAGES WERE SHIPPED AND WILL TO YOU EVENTUALLY, SORRY BLAME THEM NOT ME, CUSTOMS WAS ALSO VERY BACKED UP, I AM ALSO WAITING FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LONG AGO

Britt Wagoner : Fan#1 This Girl Deserves Credit
europk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:40 PM #16
LordOderus

Quote:
Originally Posted by europk View Post
The spyder markers are about $30 cheaper than its 68 cal equivalent. The spyder supreme paint thats out is $30 a case and it breaks quite well. What paint were you using? and anyone who order 1 case off an estore is stupid. shipping/handling will kill paint. buy your paint locally if possible and save the shipping costs and get unbroken paint.
What shops/fields are stocking .50 cal paint though? I know none of the shops or fields here are, nor are the big stores like Walmart, Dicks, Gander mountain. To my knowledge, none of them are planning to either.
LordOderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:57 PM #17
europk
REGINA ROYALS FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOderus View Post
What shops/fields are stocking .50 cal paint though? I know none of the shops or fields here are, nor are the big stores like Walmart, Dicks, Gander mountain. To my knowledge, none of them are planning to either.
.50 is still super new, most shops haven't even got there initial orders yet. Spyder is just recieving there first major batch of gear from Asia right now and it will be getting sent nation wide over the next few weeks. The spyder paint is in lower suply right now but that will be changing shortly. I wasn't a fan of .50 at first but then I looked at the larger picture. For rentals and bookings it's awsome, you can sell decent packages and get the users shooting more for the same price which makes them happy. You use like a 1/3rd of the gas(a 13/3000 gets 450 shots) and it's shiping is lower due to the skid count being 240, that means I can get double the paint delivered for the same delivery fee.
As far as the large box stores are concerened there purchasing deptartments at there head offices would deal with that and you won't see that happen for a whole yet. All stores order what the customers demands.
I HAVE BEEN AWAY AT A FAMILY REUNION FOR THE LAST WEEK WITH NO INTERNET AND CELL SERVICE, CANADA POST WAS ON STRIKE FROM JUNE 14-28/29th DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVED, ALL PACKAGES WERE SHIPPED AND WILL TO YOU EVENTUALLY, SORRY BLAME THEM NOT ME, CUSTOMS WAS ALSO VERY BACKED UP, I AM ALSO WAITING FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LONG AGO

Old 03-24-2010, 07:00 PM #18
chnk
faps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOderus View Post
if spyder keeps puhing 50 cal, walmart, dicks and other stores will probably have it,

then fields will have to stock some for the new ppl who bought the 50 cal
chnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:18 PM #19
LordOderus

I imagine we will be seeing it in walmart and such by this time next year (assuming .50 doesn't sink) but the shop/field owners I talked to around here had no desire to stock the stuff. Maybe if it blows up and becomes super popular. I don't see that happening, but who knows.
LordOderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:03 PM #20
europk
REGINA ROYALS FTMFW

I feel .50 is good for rentals and bookings. Once newbs play more often I think they can stup up into the big leagues and play with .68cal. I can't really see many people using it in tourney use but for outlaw ball it's good cuz 2x20oz tanks would last for a entire weekend.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:07 PM #21
andrewcooke93
@adotcooke

Quote:
Now i am one of thoes guys who is against .50 cal due to the field owners and that they will have to do.
i know the guy who owns our local field, Insane Paintball, would love to switch to .50 cal. less mess, less pain=more customers, and all he would have to do is get conversion kits for the rental tippmans.
andrewcooke93 is offline   Reply With Quote