Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 PM #43
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsrule711 View Post
I hope they let me in on the beta. I have dropped 1100+ hours on the original and beat all games/expansions.
That's nothing. Most of the guys getting betas are PvPers. It took nothing to beat the PvE and ****. PvP is what runs this game.

To make this clear, PvPers could switch into PvE and do it all day err day and have no problems.
PvEers could go to PvP and get their *** handed to them all day err day. Until they play and build skill.

That's what I liked about this game SO much. It was skill. All skill. It didn't matter your level or your weapons (a little but so little) it was all about skill.

Even in the new one they're doing that. After like level 20 or so (can't remember the number thay gave) leveling up is nothing but an achievement to show off. It has no real benefits.

I fully expect GW2 to 1. Tear machines apart. 2. Be insanely intense in PvP. GW1 had me sweating in close PvP matches. I remember being flag runner in the guru tournament like 2 years ago and having to change shirts after because in the semi final match it was literally a tie game until the very end.
Quote:
No, they said they would announce beta sign ups on the site and there is nothing about as far as I can see.
Very early betas are already being played and have been for a while. I know a guy who's been telling me about it a little.

Don't count on a public or even slightly mass invite beta until a few weeks before the game. That's how the first was. And expect the beta to be only the "beginner" area of the game. The original was like that and it worked perfectly for them.

Edit: Q2 release will NOT happen. It'll probably be Q4 before it happens. Arenanet is great about putting their products off until they are finished. They do not rush at all. I remember nightfall came out a month late because there were some problems with the game balances just before release.

Expect a late Q3 public beta, early Q4 release.

Very late edit: New profession released to day. They let a monk and a warrior have sex.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery

Last edited by Rampager2000 : 01-27-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2011, 07:46 AM #44
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

New profession looks pretty cool, I like it.

I've liked pretty much everything they have shown us so far though, so take that as you will.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:51 PM #45
Rampager2000

I was worried when they released info of no monk. But the new profession definately put me at ease.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:15 PM #46
patsrule711
I'm the Assman

patsrule711 is playing at Living Legends III
patsrule711 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
patsrule711 supports Team VICIOUS
patsrule711 is for the Gunfight
Still really pumped about this game. I put so much time into the first one and this one just looks so badass.

Edit: The gaurdian looks pretty damn cool. It appears to be like a paragon/monk hybrid support character. Paragon was a melee support class from the first game. It also has some of the same traits as an elementalist such as being able to set up wards. Either way looks good
Got two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur

Last edited by patsrule711 : 01-28-2011 at 02:21 PM.
patsrule711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:58 PM #47
Rampager2000

Quote:
Still really pumped about this game. I put so much time into the first one and this one just looks so badass.

Edit: The gaurdian looks pretty damn cool. It appears to be like a paragon/monk hybrid support character. Paragon was a melee support class from the first game. It also has some of the same traits as an elementalist such as being able to set up wards. Either way looks good
Para was far from melee support. It was all around support with medium DPS. It's definately more of a monk with the power of a hammer warrior. Monk always had some supports, it just looks like (from what I got from reading about it) they're going to have monks with more supports than direct heals. More of a smite/prot mix.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:08 PM #48
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

http://www.vgrevolution.com/2011/02/...e-public-beta/

Old 02-15-2011, 01:17 PM #49
patsrule711
I'm the Assman

patsrule711 is playing at Living Legends III
patsrule711 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
patsrule711 supports Team VICIOUS
patsrule711 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
Got two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur
patsrule711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:22 PM #50
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

New class leaked, its the Thief. Not really my style, but the videos still looked awesome.

Dynamic event + boss fight + everyone dying + all classes reviving + fight to survive! = WINNING GAMEPLAY

I also like that they have really simplified attributes. Its stupid for warriors to have intelligence and whatnot. A lot of games auto-pick your attributes anyway, so why not get rid of them? If they don't autopick, almost all games have an "optimal" stat allocation pattern so everyone is using the same **** anyway.

Enough of my rant, they reduced it to Power, Precision, Toughness, and Willpower. Or something like that. I forget exactly which one is which, but I know power = damage for all classes, precision is crit chance, and toughness and willpower are like health and less damage taken when hit.

So now my bow/swordandboard warrior doesn't need to suck because I have to get half agility and half strength to be worth a damn.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:35 PM #51
Rampager2000

I've always liked how attributes worked in GW. They were all well placed and well used IMO. The thief looks similar to the old assassin.

Oh, and PvP in GW2 is going to be amazing I already know. The cross profession combos and all are going to allow for some funky gameplay.

Last edited by Rampager2000 : 03-04-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:47 PM #52
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I am VERY excited for the cross platform combos as well. I don't think I have ever played an MMO with pvp that didn't suck. It just seems so slow and everything takes a million damage to die. I'm thinking gw2 is going to change everything.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:14 PM #53
Rampager2000

GW 1 was already like that. GW had amazing PvP... **** dies easy in GW without good monks. But GW2, well, let's just say that even in GW1 good guilds had a certain "flow" about them. This is why rawr was so hard to beat. But can you imagine if a good guild has been playing together for 2 or 3 years and have gotten a good cross-profession flow going? It would be like sex, but better.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:51 PM #54
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

WHY DONT MORE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT THIS GAME!

Seriously, if it gets even the slightest bit of attention, I think this game is going to take off and redefine all future MMO's.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:16 PM #55
DiStUrBeD-SoP-
We want the airwaves back

Because it's nowhere near being released?

You could say the same thing about TOR but nobody will know until the game actually comes out. Don't get too hyped up before you have the chance to play it.
DiStUrBeD-SoP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:35 PM #56
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiStUrBeD-SoP- View Post
Because it's nowhere near being released?

You could say the same thing about TOR but nobody will know until the game actually comes out. Don't get too hyped up before you have the chance to play it.
While there is no official release date, one can pretty much reason out the game is going to be out within a year of today. Just to back this post up a bit, so its not complete speculative bull****, closed beta has been 100% confirmed for this calendar year. Open beta has been reported to be closely following closed beta, and open beta is scheduled to be right before release.

So yes, it is very possible the game is a full year away from release and probably won't be out soon. Its hardly "nowhere near being released." Since the game has no official release date, I could certainly be completely wrong and it will come out in 2013 or some bull****.

As for TOR, that game really looks like **** to me. It's clear as day from the gameplay videos to see the differences between these two games. TOR will probably win out and everyone will be pissed at me for saying this stuff, but being from a big name developer and having the starwars IP goes a longgggggg way.

Although I agree completely with your last statement. I'm not writing anything off completely until they come out. I'm just surprised so many people are grinding away on the same instance for months in wow, but nobody is interested is something as simple as being able to move and cast at the same time in GW2.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:39 PM #57
Rampager2000

For the record, they originally said that GW2 would be out late 2010. They soon after moved it to christmas 2010. Then it was moved back to spring 2011. Then it was moved back to fall 2011 (which is where it stayed for a while). Then news leaked of them pushing release back until early 2012. I love GW and all but don't expect this out until summer of next year. They did this with nightfall as well....

Old 03-05-2011, 10:16 PM #58
DiStUrBeD-SoP-
We want the airwaves back

My point was that you won't see huge popularity in ANY game before an open beta is released.
DiStUrBeD-SoP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:03 PM #59
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
WHY DONT MORE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT THIS GAME!

Seriously, if it gets even the slightest bit of attention, I think this game is going to take off and redefine all future MMO's.
i hate following games all the way up to release date expecting way too much and then being extremely disappointed once it actually comes out.

i'll get GW2 once it comes out since it's free to play though. even though i didn't play the first gw much, it's still nice to fire it up occasionally just to mess around. i spent several hours this weekend screwing around in pre-searing ascalon.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM #60
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Crafting info released! I'll do my best to summarize it for you:

Everyone automatically gets all the gathering professions. Nodes appear, but are not depleted when other players mine from them, so you don't have to race over to get it before its gone.

You get to pick from 2 of the 6 or 7 (maybe?) crafting professions. You get a chance to try out all of them by switching them out at the crafting trainer. When you switch between professions, you keep all of the levels you have earned when you switch back.

Here is the big one, crafting is almost completely discovery based. There are no recipes to learn or rep grind for a majority of the crafted items. You get to put 4 items in a box, and hit craft. If you have a real recipe, the recipe will be logged so you can come back to make it later. They did say that you will start with simple recipes revealed, and some hard to get recipes will require a loot drop or be taught by a trainer.

The other thing I liked to hear was that a big part of crafting isn't just going to be making armor/weapons, but also making upgrades to current armor and weapons. I always hated having to craft 9384398439 useless rusty short swords before making 1 piece of armor that was instantly obsoleted by any gear dropped elsewhere. Upgrading armor/weapons makes a lot more sense to me. Every time I upgrade my gear I will need to make new upgrades for it, so it makes crafting seem far less grindy and more natural.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:03 PM #61
Rampager2000

I don't see crafting making a big difference. The game is relatively easy to get "perfect" weapons. Give it 3 days of playing and you can physically buy one from an NPC. Unless they drastically (SP) redo the weapon system which is, from rumors, not in the plans.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:19 PM #62
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I am pretty sure I read that they aren't doing the same weapon system as GW1. Just the fact that there are way more levels seems to make that nearly impossible.

I agree with you about it not making a difference though, I don't care too much for crafting. Just updating this thread since info has been flooding out lately.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:23 PM #63
Rampager2000

Well, I can't remember the exact number but after a certain level (level 40 I think) it's nothing but a title.