PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-13-2007, 08:08 PM #1
datboysipe76

thinking of getting a dragun

well i'm thinking of getting a tes or drallion.. Which one should i get and where can i get one?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2007, 10:18 PM #2
TippyA5User790

get a T1
Old 01-13-2007, 10:23 PM #3
rottensquad07
Play paintball

has been a member for 10 years
neither....get a Wrath. Dragun is dead and so support and parts will be hard to come by.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:04 AM #4
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottensquad07 View Post
neither....get a Wrath. Dragun is dead and so support and parts will be hard to come by.
Stick to your own forum buddy!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:06 AM #5
Agitator

X2^

Imho, the t1 is good. If you get an upgraded one, it should relatively trouble free (if someone worked all the bugs out).

The only trouble I had with mine was the stupid t-board and solenoid...
Old 01-14-2007, 12:25 PM #6
rottensquad07
Play paintball

Guys, dont get me wrong, I loved every Dragun I ever owned. I owned a TES, T1, Drallion, Black Dragun, and both types of Dragunflies (mech and electro) for a short time. They were great guns, however I cannot recommend them to someone who is starting out since Dragun is not around anymore. Now I know there are plenty of people in here that can help them, but can you honestly recommend one to someone who is not at least a little familiar with the problems Dragun had in quality control? The reason I recommended a Wrath was because it too was designed by Spurlock who designed the Dragun line.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:09 PM #7
Agitator

That's some smart advice^

Yeah- The wrath was designed by teh same person, but di-oblong actually had quality control
Old 01-15-2007, 03:00 PM #8
Dragun_paint

i got a drallion i wouldn't mind selling, its got a tboard and sd eyes, and a barrel kit, pm me if your interested, but if not go for a t1, love both of my draguns. goods guns.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:17 PM #9
DarkeWolf

Well, you cant get either one of them new anymore, since dragun went the way of the do-do bird. But you can find them on ebay, in here, and in the BuySellTrade forums here and on pbreview.com
I'd say that it depends. If you dont know much about cockers, and arent willing to learn anything about them, I would say that a Drallion isnt for you. Since they are bit more complicated than a TES, or the t-1. Not that it's hard to learn about them, but it jsut takes some time.
Also, if you dont have hpa, and cant afford it, I'd definitely go with the TES.
If you do have/can get hpa, then I'd recommend a The One (t-1). Same body styling as the TES, but it's an EP blowforward, so it doesnt have any of the recocking issues that you would have to deal with, on a blowback like the TES.
The TES is a very simple, VERY FUN marker. Its the fastest gun that I own. I love the hell out of it. ESPECIALLY when you own some guy with a dm or pm out on the field, and he comes back to ya and asks "what kinda timmy is that?" and then soils himself when you tell him its a blowback!

Hope that helps with your decision

Last edited by DarkeWolf : 01-15-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:49 PM #10
Dragun_paint

^^
yea man i got that question all the time with my tes an t1...but i second what darke just said.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:04 PM #11
Agitator

maybe a new rext1thingy is the ticket
Old 01-16-2007, 05:20 PM #12
nipper2000h

whoa whoa whoa I thought like that too once, big mistake man. I owned 2 cockers and a spyder before I got my dragun TES - biggest mistake of my paintball career. The thing leaked like a siv, broke when I tried to fix it and Dragun wouldnt fix it because, quote, "We cant tell EXACTLY what's wrong with it under this type of warranty". They wanted more money a week after I got the gun.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:07 PM #13
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

Whoa, whoa, whoa! No one cares!

1. The Dragun is a Tinkers marker
2. No Dragun is unfixable, they'res just users that don't know how
3. Being the owner of just about all styles of markers, my Dragun is still in my top three
Old 01-16-2007, 07:33 PM #14
datboysipe76

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipper2000h View Post
biggest mistake of my paintball career. The thing leaked like a siv, broke when I tried to fix it and Dragun wouldnt fix it because, quote, "We cant tell EXACTLY what's wrong with it under this type of warranty". They wanted more money a week after I got the gun.
no problems, i love messing around with guns in my spare time thats one thing i really like about paintball other than playing of course....
Old 01-16-2007, 07:38 PM #15
pilotacs02
pulsation nation.

pilotacs02 is playing at Living Legends III
pilotacs02 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAltecxX View Post

1. The Dragun is a Tinkers marker
2. No Dragun is unfixable, they'res just users that don't know how
3. Being the owner of just about all styles of markers, my Dragun is still in my top three
QFT.
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it... love it... Paintball 4 life..

Donate for a good cause! Help out Adam Langlais here!

"I wouldn't just walk on water, I'd hammer slide, and boogie!"
Old 01-16-2007, 07:45 PM #16
rottensquad07
Play paintball

I personally took care of all my Draguns and NEVER had a problem that I did not inflict on it by tinkering
Old 01-16-2007, 08:24 PM #17
Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrockfan?
HA HA! Ain't that the truth!

Did you hear that guys? draguns are unreliable
Maybe I sholdn't've built two of 'em

Old 01-16-2007, 08:39 PM #18
ChasingRichard

If you do get a Dragun the T1 is much better then the TES. I loved mine until it got stolen but if you own a Dragun your going to become a master mechanic to keep it running. They have some weird threading that needs to be updated from the HPR so they have to replaced it if you want a different drop forward. I have heard the REX RX is the same as the T1 and you can still get parts for it. They are on Ebay for $159. I now have an A5 and it is a tank. I never have to work on it. I also have an ICD FS7 and work on it all the time. In my opinion the T1 was a better gun then anything ICD has put out.

Last edited by ChasingRichard : 01-16-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:49 PM #19
datboysipe76

my old buddy down the old pb park we had before it closed , anyway he had a tes he let me borrow it in a game i thought it was pretty good, i dont think he had really any problems with it, apparently the tes has alot of problems from what im hearing man that guy must have been a good actor/ had the holy tes lol
Old 01-16-2007, 09:10 PM #20
Agitator

either that, or it was just having one of its good days when you borrowed it
Old 01-19-2007, 04:58 PM #21
James_Haun

Quote:
Quote:
Guys, dont get me wrong, I loved every Dragun I ever owned. I owned a TES, T1, Drallion, Black Dragun, and both types of Dragunflies (mech and electro) for a short time. They were great guns, however I cannot recommend them to someone who is starting out since Dragun is not around anymore. Now I know there are plenty of people in here that can help them, but can you honestly recommend one to someone who is not at least a little familiar with the problems Dragun had in quality control? The reason I recommended a Wrath was because it too was designed by Spurlock who designed the Dragun line.
These two are right, although I WOULD NOT get the wrath, I had one and was not overwhelmingly impressed with anything about this marker. If you are new to the sport or to marker teching in general this marker is not for you. Do to the death of the company and therefor the company you are on your own when it comes to getting the marker fixed. If however you like to tinker with markers you get then go for the Drallion man, they are very nice markers.

Last edited by James_Haun : 01-19-2007 at 05:50 PM.