PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-09-2001, 12:36 AM #1
Paulo

has been a member for 10 years
EMatrix tests.

A friend of mine invited me to a local field where we tested an Aardvark EMatrix. This test was to measure gas consumption.

We kept the balls at 280fps and decided on 250fps as the stopping point as we deemed that at this velocity the marker will have an inability to deliver a desired probability of breaks on a distant target. The experiment was conducted 3 times. All 3 times the result was returned that the test marker shot 3.5 pods or approx 490 (+/- 10).

The finger in the breach test was conducted before the experiment to test the trinity. The 68ci tank was filled to 3kpsi each time. The test barrel was a 12" Dye Boomstick. I recently purchased a 14" CP barrel, I will post the results soon.

Please post your results here if you have kept track of balls per fill. Also post barrel, pressure mods, tank size and pounds per squre inch or c02 capacity.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2001, 12:33 PM #2
GhettoVampyre

Re: EMatrix tests.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulo
All 3 times the result was returned that the test marker shot 3.5 pods or approx 490 (+/- 10)....(68 ci 3000 full fill)
Old 08-09-2001, 12:36 PM #3
FatalSwoop

damn....i have better luck than that

i shoot 480 balls and have roughly 700-800 psi left

Old 08-09-2001, 02:39 PM #4
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
12" boomer is your problem. I'll try the same test with my 14", I bet I'll get around 550.

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 08-09-2001, 05:12 PM #5
DarkReign

<cough> step up barrels suck **** <cough>
Old 08-09-2001, 05:59 PM #6
Paulo

The lack of efficiency is no doubt the boomer. The tank was filled all the way all three times.
Old 08-09-2001, 06:59 PM #7
Venom

stock vs boomer

I just bought my Matrix Today (YEA!!!) and i found that the stock barrel is just as good at my 14" boomer (I owned a cocker before). I was supised but still am confused are the barrel bores the same? I'd Much rather use the stock barrel now becuse the stock barrel is far lighter.
Any clue people, maybe Fatty knows?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2001, 07:43 PM #8
FatalSwoop

well ... i have the 12" j&J stock barrel and a standard bore 14" boomstick

i like the boomstick better.... it is slightly bigger in bore than the j&j......i know this based on the ultimate test- putting ball in barrel and blowing
Old 08-09-2001, 08:01 PM #9
morpheusZ

with any step bore barrel on this gun, your gonna lose alot more air then you would with a 1 piece.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:26 PM #10
GIBB
Life is Good!!!

It was my gun that the test was done on and yes Paulo is
correct....the tank was filled to 3000psi each time.

The gun is a gas wh@re...blame the barrel all you want boomsticks are one of the BEST barrels out there.
It has more ports than a Lapco Bigshot but I did not think that the gas efficency would suffer that bad the gun is quiet and accurate but ...we will see tomorrow...at PRACTICE!!!
The Aardvark mods ROCK!!!!!!!!!

I will post a review tomorrow after practice....

The problem is that I do not have my stock barrel yet...gun is polished right now...we got them early so we could use them in our up coming tourney. I am thinking about sending it back to get anadized so i will have the J&J to play with also.
I can not wait till mt gun gets its colours!!

Aardvark matrix are great people to deal with...EXCELLENT customer service....Thanks Greg,Faith and Fatty!!!!!

OH ya...FATTY shoots a Matrix at least 15-18 BPS..he uses ALL 4 fingers...ITS SICK I would of never of believed it but..I saw it!

GIBB

Last edited by GIBB : 08-09-2001 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:51 PM #11
krasher

Yeah, fatty triple walks the trigger. Weird mofo.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:54 PM #12
FatalSwoop

Quote:
OH ya...FATTY shoots a Matrix at least 15-18 BPS..he uses ALL 4 fingers...ITS SICK I would of never of believed it but..I saw it!

15-18

dont think so

the matrix is limited to 16.7 so that cancels out anything over 17... plus i would guess it is very hard for him to sustain that
Old 08-09-2001, 10:30 PM #13
krazi_ivan

Inaccuracy sucks worse than a matrix...

"The lack of efficiency is no doubt the boomer."

Interesting assessment. My "Boomer" is very efficient. It would be logical to assume that if you hit the target using a lot less shots, you will use less air, yes? If you can't hit the target what good is air? Sacrificing accuracy doesn't seem like a good alternative to me. If beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... then efficiency can be in the paint on your opponents gogs.

Old 08-09-2001, 10:53 PM #14
GIBB
Life is Good!!!

Hey FATAL SWIPE....the gun that he shot the 15-18 bps was on the NEW Bolt I believe...I hate people who flame SMALL technical things...but the new chip and bolt is something like 19 balls a second or something so SHAD UP!!

Fatty can shoot CRAZY fast!!!

GIBB
Old 08-10-2001, 01:15 AM #15
ES13Raven

Quote:
Originally posted by morpheusZ
with any step bore barrel on this gun, your gonna lose alot more air then you would with a 1 piece.
You are NOT going to lose "a lot more air" with a 2-piece barrel.......... https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=55210

Otherwise I would still be shooting my 1-piece CP........
You WILL lose efficiency if your paint is too small for your barrel, and rolls right through it.

Last edited by ES13Raven : 08-10-2001 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-10-2001, 02:25 AM #16
Paulo

Re: Inaccuracy sucks worse than a matrix...

Quote:
Originally posted by krazi_ivan
"The lack of efficiency is no doubt the boomer."

It would be logical to assume that if you hit the target using a lot less shots, you will use less air, yes? If you can't hit the target what good is air? Sacrificing accuracy doesn't seem like a good alternative to me.

You make a valid point, the accuracy of a good quality barrel is indispensable. The test was to form an idea on the optimal configuration for gas efficiency. There are many who would argue that the stock barrels that have shipped with the matrix are every bit as accurate as your boomstick. Tomorrow I will post the results from using a 14"CP barrel.
Old 08-10-2001, 08:15 AM #17
Fatty
Super Pimp

Personally, I love my 14" boomer with Inferno. It could be better, like with a 16" CP, but its a great little barrel. I still have to FULLY test my 12" freak system.

As for my rof... did you never hear of this bolt kit? That can cycle 21.59 bps? Maybe you haven't. Well, we have one. And uh, its real good, and fast. And yes, I can shoot that fast, Paulo and Gibb saw it. krasher has seen only what I can shoot on a stock bolt kit Matrix.

The stock J&Js have varying bores, some shoot blaze great, others don't. Its kinda lame like that. With the right match, the stock barrel is VERY nice. My one of 2 in the world 14" J&J is VERY accurate with medium to large paint.

ANYWHO, Aard better have my bolt kits ready today for our tournies this weekend...

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 08-10-2001, 09:46 AM #18
krazi_ivan

Inaccuracy sucks worse than a matrix...

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulo

You make a valid point, the accuracy of a good quality barrel is indispensable. The test was to form an idea on the optimal configuration for gas efficiency. There are many who would argue that the stock barrels that have shipped with the matrix are every bit as accurate as your boomstick. Tomorrow I will post the results from using a 14"CP barrel.

Kool. I'm interested to see the results you get. I've performed extensive testing on barrels... The Dye, the freak at 14, 16 and 18, the stock Matrix, Big daddy tear drops, etc., with 6 different paints that prove to be diffent sizes. The quote "stock barrel" does very nice, better than any "stock barrel" I've every seen... but there is a difference in it and say the dye or the freak. I'm testing a new barrel this weekend if it gets here today. It's supposed to be better than the dye, it's called power lite, it has a duel porting configuration. It will probably be bad on gas, but it may be accurate. I bought it with a stainless rear at .688 and a 14 and 16 front. I'll let you know how it shoots against the Dye if you like. I've done a lot of research in this area and Gopher thinks I spend too much. I told him when I can paint a smiley face on someones mask at over 100 feet I'll stop.

Old 08-10-2001, 12:27 PM #19
morpheusZ

i'm just restating what everyone else says, depending on the pressure and gun design, different lengths of controll bore are needed. in a 14 inch cp, there is 14 inches of controll bore. in a 14 inch boomer, there is like 7 inches of controll bore. i dono, maybe your 1 piece barrel is inefficient because its not well matched to the paint, making it as inefficient as a step bore. then again, maybe i'm wrong.
Old 08-10-2001, 01:23 PM #20
FatalSwoop

Quote:
Hey FATAL SWIPE....the gun that he shot the 15-18 bps was on the NEW Bolt I believe...I hate people who flame SMALL technical things...but the new chip and bolt is something like 19 balls a second or something so SHAD UP!!

Fatty can shoot CRAZY fast!!!

GIBB

Hmmmmm.... why get angry??

Why are you riding Fatty?
Old 08-10-2001, 02:01 PM #21
Fatty
Super Pimp

He's not angry, jus' excited

Dave