Community Focus

Old 09-22-2010, 03:53 PM #22
RangerJoe
Fight.

has been a member for 10 years
RangerJoe plays in the USPL
RangerJoe plays in the PSP
RangerJoe plays in the APPA D3 division
as does the a1fly..... operates in the 50's for the lpr.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2010, 04:01 PM #23
tbeaton

tbeaton owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tbeaton supports Shocker RSX
never shot an alien so i have no clue what they are like. i only have 2 comments on the subject.

1) no matter what PE does to the ego every year the price stays the same, so as far as i am concerned they can do all these so call horse**** things as long as it doesn't go up in price.

2) i hate to say this but based on what i read, jack you just made yourself look like an ***. you would have been better off keeping quiet or just pointing out some facts. but to start things with "are you kidding me" and claims of snake oil and pyramid schemes and attacks on PE make you look silly. i wouldn't buy an alien gun just because of how you acted in this thread, almost like a 2 year old. promote your gun and talk about what it can do and not what PE is doing. i was startign to wonder why i don't see your guns in anyones hand out here in the boston area, i think i know why now.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:02 PM #24
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJoe View Post
as does the a1fly..... operates in the 50's for the lpr.
Assuming that is true then, ND is "among" the very lowest - not "the" lowest, my apologies again if I have overstated.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:08 PM #25
RangerJoe
Fight.

RangerJoe plays in the USPL
RangerJoe plays in the PSP
RangerJoe plays in the APPA D3 division
since were on that topic...what is your hpr and dwell looking like for these guns?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:09 PM #26
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeaton View Post
i hate to say this but based on what i read, jack you just made yourself look like...
Yea, I get that once or twice a year.
Interesting that selling magnets for players wrists isn't bad, but when I call that snake oil - that is bad.
The Emperor has no clothes - that seems to embarrass you but I'm not at fault for pointing it out
Old 09-22-2010, 04:12 PM #27
Jack Rice

Quote:
no matter what PE does to the ego ..., so as far as i am concerned they can do all these...
Really they can do whatever they want - someone came to me (the Alien thread) and said hey you too need to do this. I gave unapologetic reasons why not.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:34 PM #28
Jack Rice

Quote:
promote your gun and talk about what it can do and not what PE is doing
Let me also add before too many take offense at the comments of "like a moon that has lost it's rotational pull" it was supposed to be a bit over the top to express the over the top explanations given
"now LPR Pressure and Bolt Speed (Aka Cycle Time)are independant of each other so the faster your cycle can be completed (Read:The Faster the ball can be loaded) the slower the bolt speed can be !
That is a self contradictory statement and I don't think this player came up with that. He read it somewhere and accepted it - and that is unacceptable, at least to me. So I made a strong statement to shake him up and get him to think about what he had previously accepted and to challenge his thinking.

Like my video - some will look and accept but some will look, maybe more accurately - seek for a reason not to accept.

Finally I did not go to another thread and seek an argument - jus commented on what came into Alien section

Last edited by Jack Rice : 09-22-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:25 PM #29
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
I had a feeling as soon as I saw the features of the Ego11 posted in the news section there would be a post in here related to that. I lurked around for a bit, and all I can say is that now more than ever do I want to try out an Independence. There's a huge amount of Eclipse guns at my local field, mostly because the field owner is an Eclipse tech/beta tester.

I will say that the Ego9 I used to shoot was the best shooting poppit I've ever owned, and that the beta version of the Ego11 that I was allowed to shoot was even more smooth, but I really didn't have anything to compare it to.

Hopefully someone buys an Ego11, G6R, and an Independence soon so I can do a side-by-side comparison for myself.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:52 PM #30
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ph3r89 View Post
...all I can say is that now more than ever do I want to try out an Independence.
Perfect - all I hope for.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:11 PM #31
tbeaton

can't comment on the magnets on the wrist thing as i have no clue what thats all about. must have missed that deal.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:29 PM #32
BMWTech2008

BMWTech2008 is playing at Living Legends III
He was more-or-less attacking the Planet Eclipse Power Bracelet, which for the record was pulled OFF the market just 2 weeks after being released because they felt "It couldn't be proven to have any effect" which in my opinion is a pretty stand up thing to do. Although, I think people bought them for the fashion sense, not as a performance enhancer.

I'm not worshiping in this solenoid technology, I just don't doubt it. And I also am not a Planet Eclipse fan, of any sorts. So you bringing that up consistently must be out of spite.

You make a great product, Jack. You really do (I'm not saying the sweep works but the marker does well). And I'm not knocking it, however I'd like to see your company further succeed which may be trying new things.
BMWTech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:56 PM #33
jdlarson11

Jack;

After reading your rants in this thread I have lost all respect for you and

your company.Publicly attacking a competitor is immature and uncalled for.

You need to take a long look in the mirror and and then, just then, might you

realize what is really holding your company back.

JD
jdlarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:38 PM #34
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTech2008 View Post
He was more-or-less attacking the Planet Eclipse Power Bracelet, which for the record was pulled OFF the market just 2 weeks after being released because they felt "It couldn't be proven to have any effect" which in my opinion is a pretty stand up thing to do I think people bought them for the fashion sense, not as a performance enhancer.
Nice to know they pulled it - but the "fashion sense" thing and the "stand up thing to do" - that's giving them a pass - which you certainly have the right to do too. Bottom line is that I used that as an example of hocus pocus and some are upset.

Quote:
I'm not worshiping in this solenoid technology, I just don't doubt it. And I also am not a Planet Eclipse fan, of any sorts. So you bringing that up consistently must be out of spite.
I don't have any spite - I think this is funny - That's why I started out "are you kidding me". It wasn't an insult to you - I guess I could have put LOL - I just think the whole concept is wrong headed . Those that have been here for the past 6 plus years know that I don't knock others - often. But this flies in the face of logic. Just does. Seems that some really want it to work and I have hurt their feeling.

Quote:
You make a great product, Jack. You really do (I'm not saying the sweep works but the marker does well). And I'm not knocking it, however I'd like to see your company further succeed which may be trying new things.
I'd like to see the company succeed further too. I have taken many suggestions from players and put them in the gun - whenever I can - I often ask for players input before doing new things.
If I am wrong and this is measurably an improvement I will apologize to any who have taken offense. My problem is that if it is wrong, it will probably be "well they tried to improve paintball and even though it didn't work, it was "pretty stand up" of them to try.

Here is where I'm at. You write "(I'm not saying the sweep works but the marker does well)" why did you feel the need to even include that. The gun shoots darts. FaceFull gave it a 5 for accuracy - only poppet I know that got a 5 - usually only the Spools get the 5's.

But the fanboys have everyone so convinced that EGO is the benchmark that they make claims and they are accepted. To doubt them brings "i have lost all respect for you" - or however the last guy said it.

Shoot the guns - then tell me who is better - but to start a thread on Alien with another's press release - and one that doesn't make sense - and say that Alien guns need to have it too. Then get upset when I don't take it all that seriously ("are you kidding me" - which someone also has taken offense to ) and then when some want to argue me into agreeing - then get mad at me for not flip flopping. Too much!

Shoot the guns - don't just buy the hype.
And yea, telling me that it was more standup of them to pull a "nothing but hype product" and I'm not stand up of me to doubt this - I don't see the objectivity there - it's a different standard.
But no one ever said Players had to be objective or have a fair standard
Old 09-22-2010, 08:49 PM #35
tbeaton

Quote:
He was more-or-less attacking the Planet Eclipse Power Bracelet, which for the record was pulled OFF the market just 2 weeks after being released because they felt "It couldn't be proven to have any effect" which in my opinion is a pretty stand up thing to do. Although, I think people bought them for the fashion sense, not as a performance enhancer.

so more or less that bracklet is like the phyten deals that alot of pro athletes use?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:20 PM #36
clingerwringer
clingerwringer

clingerwringer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
clingerwringer owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
lol magnetic braclets
clingerwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:25 PM #37
jdlarson11

Whats worse, the sweep bolt or the Magnetic bracelet?

fail gimmick is fail
jdlarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:35 PM #38
DREXLER
Still looking for a team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlarson11 View Post
Jack;

After reading your rants in this thread I have lost all respect for you and

your company.Publicly attacking a competitor is immature and uncalled for.

You need to take a long look in the mirror and and then, just then, might you

realize what is really holding your company back.

JD
I'm with JD on this issue, your coming across as very immature, your the Owner/CEO of a company, verbally attacking a competitor is uncalled for. I think you need to start thinking about the consequences of what you say, your not some no name troll on pbn, your face is out their, your known, which means it's very possible for people to create opinions about you and your company biased on what you say. Before meeting you or trying your product.

While we're on the topic of your marker, it's by far the most uncomfortable marker I've ever owned.

Last edited by DREXLER : 09-22-2010 at 09:40 PM.
DREXLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:21 AM #39
deadendkid

deadendkid plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREXLER View Post
I'm with JD on this issue, your coming across as very immature, your the Owner/CEO of a company, verbally attacking a competitor is uncalled for. I think you need to start thinking about the consequences of what you say, your not some no name troll on pbn, your face is out their, your known, which means it's very possible for people to create opinions about you and your company biased on what you say. Before meeting you or trying your product.

While we're on the topic of your marker, it's by far the most uncomfortable marker I've ever owned.

jack im with you completely
u have an opinion and are sticking with it
Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 AM #40
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlarson11 View Post
Whats worse, the sweep bolt or the Magnetic bracelet?

fail gimmick is fail
It always comes down to this - someone takes a
cheap shot at the Sweep. Ignore the video, ignore that everyone that has done an objective independent review says it shot darts and - without anything to back it up - take the shot and think you are cleaver or smart or whatever.
This started out with "Future upgrade anyone?"
I said why I thought not. It is illogical - if anyone really cares then I have stated clearly why I think it will be nothing in a few months.

I have said that I have the ND shooting very well right now and that next year will only be small changes because the gun shoots so well.

Most everyone has heard or read this type of thing about EGO too, that EGO hasn't changed much recently and perhaps many want a reason to buy a new one and are hoping this is it. Perhaps the couple of 3 guys who have gotten upset with me feel that I have kicked their dreams. Hey, you are on the Alien site - hearing from the guy who makes Aliens. If anything I said is untrue point it out - but don't get all hurt that I didn't talk nice. These are pieces of metal and they work or they don't.

As to my "tone"
I have noticed something over the years - a duplicity in some posts. It usually starts out with seeming concern something like "I'm with JD on this issue, your coming across as very immature... I think you need " - almost helpful and 'then' it ends up with something very much like "it's by far the most uncomfortable marker I've ever owned" Understand if I don't actually think that you own one.

I get that it's fun to come on and actually get to take a poke at the "owner" of a company - so OK that's the cost to post on the Nation. However to the rest I will repeat myself - one last time,
"Future upgrade anyone?"
I said why I thought not. It is illogical - if anyone really cares then I have stated clearly why I think it will be nothing in a few months.
I started out having some fun - some didn't like that - OK
Old 09-23-2010, 12:40 AM #41
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
The new noid theoretically allows you to adjust both strokes of the bolt independently. This would allow more adjustability in the feel characteristics than simply adjusting the lpr would.

You could have a faster forward stroke with a slower rearward stroke and vice versa. LPR adjustment and dwell only allow for equal values to be used.

Not saying it works or not but I myself am interested in testing it out and to me the idea seems to make sense. Whether or not this has a significant impact on performance is another story but it could certainly add adjustability.

For the record the ND I shot in Chicago 09 was an exceptionally smooth gun that certainly rivaled anything else available to shoot at the booth.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:55 AM #42
FlaiLaice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJoe View Post
since were on that topic...what is your hpr and dwell looking like for these guns?
Not answered.