Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-16-2012, 04:20 PM #190
knis2me
Nice2me

knis2me owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
knis2me posts videos on PbNation
knis2me supports Ninja Paintball
Hey, I have a quick questions for you all. I have a Desert Iguana and was reading on how I need to give it a vitamin-mineral supplement. Any one have any suggestions on a good brand or even where to buy the stuff? Would greatly Appreciate it!
Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2012, 04:47 PM #191
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yeah, I don't really expect to hold him much as I've read they're very flighty. I think he is already starting to understand that I'm the hand the feeds him and takes care of him, I can grab him without much of a fuss and he won't really start to struggle until I put him in the container I keep him in while I clean the tank, I can open the tank with him near the top and he won't try to escape, I dunno, he's not as much of a pita as I've read they can be. He hasn't tried to bite me either, even though I tend to grab him by the mid section at first. I was worried for a bit because he wasn't eating after I re did the substrate, and he had even eaten small pieces of the substrate, but he's just finished the first shed since I've owned him in about a days time, and I had to spot clean like a mother****er because he **** everywhere lol, each one was the size of a large cricket basically. He is eating 6-8 large crix a day again and is much more active throughout his entire cage, not just the heat lamp side.

I'm buying all the stuff to make some bark backgrounds for him on tuesday, shouldn't take more than a few days to make sure all the fumes and whatnot are clear. He has stopped running into the glass as much though, he only does it now when I startle him with a loud noise or one of the cats decides to be a dick and go near the tank.

That's the other thing I need for him now, is a stand for the tank, to get him off of the cats eye level. Then maybe I can finally have them in the same room again without stressing the **** out about them trying to jump on top or constantly staring at him and stressing him. If I'm in the room to keep on the cats case about it, it's not a problem, but if I leave for more than 5 minutes, mother****er sits right in front of the cage staring at him, meowing and flicking his tail. I'm not great at reading reptile body language yet, but I know cats, and that's predatory behavior that he could pretty clearly pick up on, because he ran into the plant hide I made for him and didn't leave for a while.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"

Last edited by Eternal Acacia : 09-16-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:54 PM #192
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Even after changing up the tank more, still getting mold. The woody vine I've had is not molding, and I've read that pine wood holds up much better to constant moisture and humidity.

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 09-23-2012, 05:50 PM #193
pbmink (Banned)

pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia
Even after changing up the tank more, still getting mold. The woody vine I've had is not molding, and I've read that pine wood holds up much better to constant moisture and humidity.
Pine wood.............................................. .....

No pine in a tank

And just ditch the Cyprus if you're having issues with mold. Or learn to sanitize it, I say ditch the Cyprus and just just coir. It'll be messier but no mold.

As for branches I can send you a link with how to make fake ones from foam and rope.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 PM #194
ChristopherThe Great

I now have a chameleon along with my water dragon. Roommate moved out and gave him to me. Fascinating creatures. Pictures coming tonight after I get off work.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:19 PM #195
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

I almost bought a chameleon instead of a green basilisk, been contemplating getting a smaller terrarium for one but I'd rather just keep **** kosher in Apollos tank.

Removing the cypress mulch all together this weekend. Gonna put a barrier of flat rocks in the middle and have all my clay ball substrate in one half and the other half will be water. I put a big tupperware with some feeder fish in his tank last week and he loved the **** out of it, so I figure why not make his tank half water and also have a constant secondary supply of food if I'm ever out and can't feed him crix.

Getting him to eat the fish instead of just chasing them around playing with them in the water was a pita though lol, had to kill one, leave it out overnight for him to eat, then not feed him for a day. Now he loves fish too.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM #196
ChristopherThe Great

That is exactly what I've been wanting to do, I'm thinking a little under half the tank with a filter will be a small pond type of deal with fish that he can munch down. Probably gonna fix it up in the next few days.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 PM #197
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Yeah I found a good filter I'll be picking up saturday when I grab some coconut husk, just to keep him/the crix from getting into the clay balls. Since I was having so many issues with mold, I just went out and got him a plastic look alike till I can find some suitable branches besides the segments of jungle vine I already have, those seem to be withstanding the constant humidity well. I've also been looking into just total fabrication from the ground up, like mink said.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:13 PM #198
ChristopherThe Great

Commander Cool the water dragon isn't eating his crickets today. He normally chomps them down, but today he ate one and hasn't even looked at the others. First time I've ever noticed this, any reason for concern or should I wait it out?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 AM #199
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Apollos crests are starting to show, he has a second point on his head thats starting to raise up too, not just the obvious point in the back. Should look badass when he's fully grown, so excited haha.

I do need to try and handle him more often though.

Looking back on the first picture I posted up of him and this current one, it's awesome to see how much he's grown.

Last edited by Eternal Acacia : 10-28-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 PM #200
da_mink

hes looking good EA

VLN
Old 11-12-2012, 10:06 PM #201
pastel (Banned)

thinking about getting two crested geckos, found a breeder selling them for $30 each. think i may try breeding them sometime down the road if they arent a pain in the *** (which i doubt they will be).

anyone know of any tips for making a bioactive tank? i think id only get them if i didnt have to clean after them much lol.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 PM #202
pbmink (Banned)

I can help you

You even live close enough to really help.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 PM #203
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

More check ins. He likes to tear his cage apart when I feed him, dude is all over the place.

Finally got the proper filter to make his tank half water and half dry, gonna do a big clean up and get it situated proper this weekend. Its one of the most amusing things to watch him learn how to catch the fish I put in his tank.

Last edited by Eternal Acacia : 12-05-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 AM #204
pbmink (Banned)

Be careful with fish, common goldfish are crummy feeders.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 PM #205
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

He didn't like the feeder goldfish I got him the first time, and after reading up a bit I saw that other peoples basilisks liked flashier fish like guppies and whatnot, so I get him 5-6 about twice a month to keep a little variety in his diet.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 PM #206
pbmink (Banned)

Set all my knob tails up in a cooling shed today

Rack worth of Aymea

The shed, 4 racks on the left side and boxes stacked on the right.

Non proportional thermostat attached to 3 fans and an oil filled radiator to keep the temperature between 60-62.
Have a vent fan attached to a helix if it goes over 64 some how.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 PM #207
GUN_YOU_DOWN_3
3hunna

GUN_YOU_DOWN_3 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
GUN_YOU_DOWN_3 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherThe Great View Post
Anyone have experience with the monsoon mist system? I'm thinking of getting it, but they are fairly expensive so I don't want to waste my money if it sucks.
i have the monsoon, and it sucks, the timer went, one day i came home and 3 inches of my entire 18x18x18 tank was filled with water at the bottom.... my monsoon system is just sitting on the floor. What i'm going to do is look for a outlet timer to just supply it power every couple of hours
Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 AM #208
pbmink (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUN_YOU_DOWN_3 View Post

i have the monsoon, and it sucks, the timer went, one day i came home and 3 inches of my entire 18x18x18 tank was filled with water at the bottom.... my monsoon system is just sitting on the floor. What i'm going to do is look for a outlet timer to just supply it power every couple of hours
Most king or bust
Old 01-22-2013, 10:27 PM #209
pbmink (Banned)

Turned on 8 racks today of leopards.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:49 AM #210
Switch_

Switch_ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Switch_ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Here's my BTS! He's just a baby right now.

http://i.imgur.com/ULEt4cO.jpg