PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-31-2011, 08:15 PM #1
kylemoely

kylemoely has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball Lingo

Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to this sport and I keep seeing all these words that I don't understand and I'm hoping someone can help me out.
Here we go.

Head checking, bump up, the tape, home lane, god, and snap shooting are mainly the ones i can think of right now. And any extras that you wanna tell me would be nice. I know some of them.

Also, if someone can get me a layout of the field and name all the parts, that'd be great. I know all the basic ones. Dorito, Can, Temple, Snake, but I know theres more so if you guys could help me out, that'd be awesome.
Thanks
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2011, 05:20 AM #2
esrith

youtube is your friend
esrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:00 PM #3
GundogHitman
JUSTICE

has been a member for 10 years
GundogHitman plays in the PSP
GundogHitman owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
GundogHitman plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemoely View Post
Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to this sport and I keep seeing all these words that I don't understand and I'm hoping someone can help me out.
Here we go.

Head checking, bump up, the tape, home lane, god, and snap shooting are mainly the ones i can think of right now. And any extras that you wanna tell me would be nice. I know some of them.

Also, if someone can get me a layout of the field and name all the parts, that'd be great. I know all the basic ones. Dorito, Can, Temple, Snake, but I know theres more so if you guys could help me out, that'd be awesome.
Thanks
"Bump up" is used to encourage another player to move up the field by "bumping up to the next bunker". the "Tape" is considered a boundary line for most speedball field. If someone is asking you to shoot the tape, they are asking you to shoot down the lane of the boundary and not across the field.

When "laneing" you are shooting a string of paint in one direction to essentially cut a line across the field. You are not neccessarily attempting to shoot a person, you are shutting that particular lane down so that no movement can be made across it. "Home" is considered the back center bunker of every field. It is called "Home" because your home base is there. So, if you are laning to, or from home... (you fill in the blank).

"snap shooting" is the skill most used in speed ball where you are able to stick only your gun and your mask out of your bunker for a brief time, taking your shot, and then moving back into your bunker before anyone can shoot you out of your bunker. "Head checking" and "God" are new to me so I can't help you there.

Welcome to the sport and good luck bud... oh, and ignore people who answer your question by telling you to go somewhere else. People come here to ask questions, and most of us are here to help you!

Hope this helps...
GundogHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:01 PM #4
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

Head Checking is like snap shooting without your gun coming out. It's just quickly popping your head out from behind a bunker to take a gander at who is where. Sometimes it's used for other reasons as well.

When people refer to "god" or "god bunker" they are referring to what they believe is the most advantageously positioned bunker on the field. At least that's what I use it for...basically if someone says, this is the "god bunker", they just mean it's a very key bunker to have a body in.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:06 PM #5
kylemoely

kylemoely has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundogHitman View Post
"Bump up" is used to encourage another player to move up the field by "bumping up to the next bunker". the "Tape" is considered a boundary line for most speedball field. If someone is asking you to shoot the tape, they are asking you to shoot down the lane of the boundary and not across the field.

When "laneing" you are shooting a string of paint in one direction to essentially cut a line across the field. You are not neccessarily attempting to shoot a person, you are shutting that particular lane down so that no movement can be made across it. "Home" is considered the back center bunker of every field. It is called "Home" because your home base is there. So, if you are laning to, or from home... (you fill in the blank).

"snap shooting" is the skill most used in speed ball where you are able to stick only your gun and your mask out of your bunker for a brief time, taking your shot, and then moving back into your bunker before anyone can shoot you out of your bunker. "Head checking" and "God" are new to me so I can't help you there.

Welcome to the sport and good luck bud... oh, and ignore people who answer your question by telling you to go somewhere else. People come here to ask questions, and most of us are here to help you!

Hope this helps...
helped a lot thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bobbity View Post
Head Checking is like snap shooting without your gun coming out. It's just quickly popping your head out from behind a bunker to take a gander at who is where. Sometimes it's used for other reasons as well.

When people refer to "god" or "god bunker" they are referring to what they believe is the most advantageously positioned bunker on the field. At least that's what I use it for...basically if someone says, this is the "god bunker", they just mean it's a very key bunker to have a body in.
helped as well thumbs up to the only posts that taught me something
Old 10-11-2011, 09:02 AM #6
wangchow21
Shotgun Sammy

plays in the NXL 2
wangchow21 plays in the APPA D5 division
wangchow21 supports Ninja Paintball
i can send you a field layout that is all labeled, pm me
Old 10-16-2011, 11:07 PM #7
The Ravenger

The Ravenger owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The Ravenger supports Team VICIOUS
This has helped me a out a little bit as well. Ya'll should gather all of the terms and get them stickied!
The Ravenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:51 PM #8
Scrappy#13
Team Chaos

Scrappy#13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Scrappy#13 supports Team VICIOUS
Scrappy#13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Scrappy#13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ravenger View Post
This has helped me a out a little bit as well. Ya'll should gather all of the terms and get them stickied!
Sounds like a smart idea I agree.
Scrappy#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 PM #9
ECK518

can someone tell me what edging is?
ECK518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:42 PM #10
NorrisPaintball
Reborn into Pb again!

good forum! Can't wait to get my gun fixed ahhhh
NorrisPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:45 AM #11
SithKnightBB
WKY Baller

SithKnightBB is playing at Living Legends VIII
edging is where you shoot a lane towards someone you can't see (usually because a Bunker between the two of you blocks view) and you gradually move parallel to them while simultaneously bringing your lane towards them. this results in u having paint in the air towards them before the can see u.
I PLAY AT Wizardland! YOU SHOULD TOO!
Brett
GEAR for sale! MORE GEAR
SithKnightBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:27 AM #12
lewizz124
Slewis

plays in the NXL
lewizz124 is playing at Living Legends VII
lewizz124 owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
lewizz124 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithKnightBB
edging is where you shoot a lane towards someone you can't see (usually because a Bunker between the two of you blocks view) and you gradually move parallel to them while simultaneously bringing your lane towards them. this results in u having paint in the air towards them before the can see u.
I thought edging was used to break someone else's lane to help your snake guy or whoever have a clean run to his spot. Like home is landing snake so when you breakout I shoot at home to get him to break his lane and let the snake guy get in clean.
lewizz124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 AM #13
aaronntt

aaronntt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aaronntt has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aaronntt has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If anyone is still looking for terms,
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Append...aintball_terms
aaronntt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 AM #14
trixR4kids.
she only had one hand

trixR4kids. supports Team VICIOUS
trixR4kids. plays in the APPA D5 division
trixR4kids. has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
To me God has always been bunker near the snake that can control the snakeside without being in the back corner. This bunker is often where snake players may have to stop then bump into the snake.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 AM #15
docbiddy
iBlastfools

docbiddy plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
docbiddy supports Pev's Paintball
edging is when you come otb and put a lane right over the side of the 50 bunker so it drops back down on your enemys home bunker. shooting them before they can see you or hide since most home players stand so far out from their bunker that they dont suspect a lane coming.
docbiddy is offline   Reply With Quote