Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 AM #22
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by war009 View Post
Yup on the first and second part....I usually fully disassemble my guns and clean them the reassembly and wipe them down again

Pods I just rinse out and air dry then wipe them down with a towel
^^This and I use a garden hose on my pod pack, and air dry. I would think a car wash spray gun would be too hard if you get close. Those things are powerful. Pants and Jersey in wash on cold, air dry, wash squeege by hand. Wipe down hopper inside and out with a damp old t shirt after removing fresh paint first with a dry one.
EvilPimp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2012, 01:13 PM #23
Enter The Nutty

Enter The Nutty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Enter The Nutty has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I use HOT water and the sprayer from my sink on ALL of my gear and it ALWAYS comes out looking new. I air dry anything that I cannot towel dry (gun, hopper, pods, etc) I never had luck using the washer, paint never comes for me no matter what temp I put the water on.

I wash everything thoroughly after I play, part OCD, part protecting my investments into my sport, lol. I have also never had an issue wearing anything down quicker this way.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM #24
oberonson

oberonson supports Team VICIOUS
oberonson plays in the APPA beginner division
oberonson has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oberonson supports Empire
ok guys, thanks for all the tips, but i still have the same question.

Do you need to wipe your hopper to the point where there's absolutely no oil from paintballs? OR do you just need to wipe the broken paint off, and it doesn't matter if there's still oil on/in it
oberonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 AM #25
war009
Fluffy Bunnies Pump

has been a member for 10 years
war009 donated to help Peyton Trent
war009 supports our troops
war009 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
war009 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberonson View Post
ok guys, thanks for all the tips, but i still have the same question.

Do you need to wipe your hopper to the point where there's absolutely no oil from paintballs? OR do you just need to wipe the broken paint off, and it doesn't matter if there's still oil on/in it
For storage I wipe everything off, for getting out in the next game broken paint
Fluffy Bunnies Pump....RIP RM #01/Yorosaru
Smartballer PB Like Us on Facebook
Shocker Owners/Pump OT
war009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:44 PM #26
Enter The Nutty

There is so much oil on the balls that a coating on your hopper won't matter much at all. What comes off with hot water and a towel is just fine.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 PM #27
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
^ water and towel. As for clothes I put the pants in a draw string bag to prevent the Velcro from catching on anything. Then I put them on a hanger and air dry.
Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 PM #28
oberonson

oberonson supports Team VICIOUS
oberonson plays in the APPA beginner division
oberonson has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oberonson supports Empire
Although its kinda late, how do you wash sandanas? Any method that doesn't involve too much work and also tearing them up!
oberonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:08 PM #29
Enter The Nutty

Quote:
Although its kinda late, how do you wash sandanas? Any method that doesn't involve too much work and also tearing them up!
unless you can separate them in the wash somehow just use hot/warm water and air dry them.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:45 AM #30
TeamAlice
Peow Peow Peow Peow

TeamAlice owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
TeamAlice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sandanas and microfibres i put into a laundry bag to protect them. Pack, jersey etc all go into a cold gentle wash then air dry. Gun I clean and lube after every game until it looks brand new.

Weapon Planet Eclipse Etek 3AM w/ Hush Bolt & Ape Rampage Board
Hopper Dye Rotor V3 w/ Exalt Speed Feed
Tank Luxifer 48/3000 w/ Ninja Reg & Exalt Bottle Cover
The Rest Custom PE Team Jersey, HK Army Hardline Stealth pants, Dye i4's, HK Army Eject Harness 3+4, and Dye Core Knee & Elbow Pads, Dye Sandana and Derder Headband
TeamAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:43 PM #31
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Don't do it, you'll wash the mojo out

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 PM #32
Japy
Paragon 2014

Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
For a sandana or small **** get yourself a garment bag designed for delicate lady items (like lingerie... I just use my girlfriends sisters bag most of the time.. Cuz I want her panties/bras to smell like my sweaty paintball stuff lolz)

I think you're over doing it a little bit on cleaning your stuff.. When I pack my gear away at the end of the day I always use a soft relatively clean microfiber cloth to wipe down my guns and remove any paint from the other stuff.. The guns you don't need to get into every single crevice every single time you play (if you play weekly like me) but you should thoroughly clean that **** out once a month.

Hoppers and pods I only clean the day or two before a tournament (don't forget to wash the caddy too if you're going hard). The hopper insides I may wipe down every day just to remove the majority of debris. I use a rotor so it comes apart real easy. 2 days before events I wash the internals (not the battery tray/motor/board) in the sink with dish soap and water to remove oil. I usually clean my inserts and barrels at this time also to remove the **** from the porting. Air dry afterwards.

Pods you can use a mop thing, or you can also run them in a dishwasher on lower heat.. Or use dishsoap and water, then air dry. Or go crazy and buy a second pod mop and actually swab out the pods filled with paint.

Don't worry about the oil from paintballs inside of the pods if you're not playing tournaments, it's really not gonna do a whole lot.. Just squeegee your barrel before every game, or every few games to make sure its as dry as possible.

I also hand wash my squeegees in the sink with everything else, and hang to air dry.

Don't wash the pod pack unless its seriously ****in gross.. Most of the time I wipe my pod pack down with a wet wash cloth before events to remove old paint, so I can't get called for an old hit.

In the summer I'll take my masks apart (pop lenses out) and then with a gentle brush and soapy water I'll remove any paint/shell from the mask, and rinse the foam out. Don't soak a mask or you'll **** the foam/glue holding the foam on up. I rinse the foam out because I use sun screen and I don't want that **** eating my foam up. Everyday when I play I usually pull my lens out and wipe down any paint from the lens and in the crevices where the paint sits. I don't like leaving paint on my lens (even on the edges) all week. Personal thing.

Your tank (I'm just assuming you're going all out crazy here) don't do anything to it except wipe it off with a towel. Don't use water. Tank covers can be machine washed with sandana's if they are neoprene, if they are rubber then wash them in the sink if you really need to.

Gearbags- Never needed to wash mine. I usually refuse to take it places that are super ****ty, I'd rather drag my stuff in a trash bag since my gearbag comes in the house sometimes, and I'd get murdered if it brought mud and **** inside.

Think I covered nearly everything you could ever possibly wash in paintball... Oh wait..

Cleats- After the indoor season is over I literally hose my cleats off with the garden hose/power washer because they have a horrible stench from being stored in paint bags, inside my gearbag, because they are so ****in nasty from the indoor field. Then I air dry them for 2 days, finally throwing them on my boot drier for another day to ensure they are completely dry.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 AM #33
Clark Gryphyn
Bad Juju

Any gear you don't feel safe washing in the washing machine, I would just throw into a soapy bathtub and let it soak overnight. You should just be able to rinse it off in the morning and then hang it up to air dry.

I bought a box of used gear once that looked like the previous owner had never washed it. It was a bunch of mil-sim stuff I was planning to re-sell with a lot of velcro and straps and such that I didn't want to risk damaging in the washer, so I just let it soak for a good long time in the tub, then rinsed and let dry...looked good as new. The tub was pretty nasty after that though.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 AM #34
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Anything with Velcro will stick and wear out everything else faster like jerseys, pants, etc. I have several drawstring book bags ($5 for most). I put items with Velcro in individual bags and throw all in washing machine. Nothing wrong with taking a shower with your gear on. Takes a while to dry if you live somewhere humid!
Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:19 PM #35
ThaSloth
Paintballz frum wal mart

ThaSloth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I give that stuff to my mom..........she knows how to do it.

My suggestion is just read the tag on your equipment
$30 pulse hopper
$5 empire jersey
ThaSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:38 PM #36
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Ninja Paintball
Kbug supports Empire
I usually hand wash my gear except my pants and jerseys. I just put them on cold and let them air dry.
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:09 AM #37
DwayneHowell

Quote:
I heard you put all your stuff in the washer (jerseys, pants, squeegees, harnesses.. ect...) and put cheap lingerie it on cold, delicate cycle. My washer doesn't have a delicate cycle. It's the kind with the agitator thing in the middle, so it's kinda tough on clothes. Is it still ok to wash my harness in it?
I think the best way is to use lingerie bag as protective cover and then wash your clothes

Last edited by DwayneHowell : 04-21-2013 at 11:45 PM.
DwayneHowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:27 PM #38
toxicwaste29

toxicwaste29 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I wash mine regular and warm. No issues