Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:08 AM #1
loldongs
I know the paintball

loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
loldongs posts videos on PbNation
Eclipse balance bracelets

Anyone remember those eclipse balance bracelets? Well the doctors here are busy giving them to people with balance issues like over weight people, people who work as flight attendants and ships etc. now I have spoken to some of the people about these and tried them. they won't do what the tv adverts showed but the provide a bit more stability and better control over motor skills.
i just want to know anyone know where i can still get the eclipse one i am looking for one now anyway sins I need to order I will want to order the eclipse one to fit with my gear.
oh and this is a accurate review of my experience and of what the people who wear them told me. and everyone says the same thing.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2010, 06:01 AM #2
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

has been a member for 10 years
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
xluben posts videos on PbNation
I could go for one of those too!

Unfortunately I don't think any will be released due to the comments made on PbNation.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:35 AM #3
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son

Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
Yeah I wanted one regardless of actual function
Old 10-07-2010, 06:53 AM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
No doubt Ledz in the UK has some, unless they were all binned. If you e-mail Nicky, he may be able to sort something out for you: -

nick.t@planeteclipse.com
Old 10-07-2010, 07:11 AM #5
loldongs
I know the paintball

Because you never know till you try it for yourself and i have done now and though it doesn't turn you into a cricus acrobat it does have a effect.
i will try nicky hope fully they have one left.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 AM #6
enviousjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by loldongs View Post
Because you never know till you try it for yourself
No, you do know. They do nothing. They look cool, but they do nothing.

The science is out there, mate. Don't be a sheep.

Just because you experience something doesn't make it so.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:00 AM #7
imaloser
The good life!

imaloser owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
imaloser owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
imaloser supports Team VICIOUS
imaloser supports DLX Technology
I would buy 1 too.
<( "<) (>" )> <( " )> (>"<) I Fight for Eminent Army#32
Old 10-07-2010, 08:01 AM #8
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son

Does it really matter? If he experiences something then it is "so" to him.

ps: I've seen all the videos and highly doubt this is nothing more than ornimental but if someone feels better bc of it, whether it be real or a placebo effect, then does it really matter?
Old 10-07-2010, 08:02 AM #9
$h@key J0nEZ
The South Will Rise Again

Science can't even cure a common cold. If you don't have one of these bracelets then you will get abducted by aliens and they will do things to you.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:04 AM #10
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Science can't even cure a common cold. If you don't have one of these bracelets then you will get abducted by aliens and they will do things to you.
Never a truer statement be awake at 3:33am (4th Kind movie refrence)
Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 AM #11
enviousjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpz28 View Post
Does it really matter? If he experiences something then it is "so" to him.

ps: I've seen all the videos and highly doubt this is nothing more than ornimental but if someone feels better bc of it, whether it be real or a placebo effect, then does it really matter?
You're right- in an isolated case like one person wearing one power balance bracelet and believing that they're reaping some sort of benefit, it's totally harmless.

The problem begins when lots of people start accepting outright false claims at face value and then turning around and re-iterating them as fact. Eventually, that type of broad-scale thinking creates a bunch of stupid, scared people (albeit one's with fantastic balance).

It's the same principle at work when people go to mediums, read horoscopes, or even buy in to various 9/11 conspiracy theories that have been proven false over and over again. It's just not true (and loads of times a scam); and nothing good can come from people claiming and believing that something false is actually true.

Plus, why waste $20 on something that doesn't do anything? If you're buying these bracelets for the supposed "benefit", you're just throwing money away. You could probably re-create the "sensation" with a little positive thinking.

Last edited by enviousjohn : 10-07-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:20 AM #12
loldongs
I know the paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousjohn View Post
No, you do know. They do nothing. They look cool, but they do nothing.

The science is out there, mate. Don't be a sheep.

Just because you experience something doesn't make it so.

Yeh I know that tugging on the arm is rubbish but I have diabeetus and my balance can come and go. testing it on such a day it helped so sorry to hear about your cr@p the end result is I like the idea and will buy one if they are available.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 AM #13
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
If that picture is real and not Photshop'd...best one hands down! lol
Old 10-07-2010, 10:05 AM #14
imaloser
The good life!

imaloser owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
imaloser owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
imaloser supports Team VICIOUS
imaloser supports DLX Technology
I like that pics..... I might just copy and save it lol
<( "<) (>" )> <( " )> (>"<) I Fight for Eminent Army#32
Old 10-07-2010, 10:23 AM #15
loldongs
I know the paintball

not shooped some blacks here in africa are extremely artistic they see something they can replicate it 100% in this case the mother made her son look like a gentlemen using scrap material.
there is one guy far north from here who made a life size springfield with all the main simpsons buildings and characters from wood.
Also you can ask recoild about their creative gimicks and things i remember this one dude's gardener build a BMW from total scrap. also their barber shops I would never ever leave africa it is way too interesting here.

Last edited by loldongs : 10-07-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:43 AM #16
enviousjohn

Quote:

Yeh I know that tugging on the arm is rubbish but I have diabeetus and my balance can come and go. testing it on such a day it helped so sorry to hear about your cr@p the end result is I like the idea and will buy one if they are available.
The idea of spending $20 on a rubber bracelet that has been proven time and time again to do absolutely nothing except be a rubber bracelet? More power to you, brother.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:45 AM #17
Jack Wood

Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
You're right- in an isolated case like one person wearing one power balance bracelet and believing that they're reaping some sort of benefit, it's totally harmless.

The problem begins when lots of people start accepting outright false claims at face value and then turning around and re-iterating them as fact. Eventually, that type of broad-scale thinking creates a bunch of stupid, scared people (albeit one's with fantastic balance).
A bit like religion then? Right?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:58 AM #18
enviousjohn

Before I dive into that, let me only say- I read the recall letter PE put out and I in no way am insinuating that you guys are actively making these claims. I was referring to most of the advertising and word-of-mouth that seems to accompany these bracelets (a google search landed me half a dozen companies and products making such claims that had nothing to do with PE). I also think you guys should start selling them again, as they do look sweet and I would probably buy one for that reason alone.

On to your religion question- yes, it is a bit like religion in that people often make the "hey, it works for me, and that's all I need!" argument.

The difference is, you cannot prove that God does or doesn't exist. There is no double blind study regarding miracles. I myself am not religious and tend to believe that many of the debunking techniques and thought experiments used to disprove the validity of the power balance claims can also be applied to religion. The problem is, when it comes to religion, you can only present the arguments- there is no way to prove/disprove the existence of a higher power with absolute certainty.

You can do that with the bracelets (in fact, it's been done- one such example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynbx5...ature=related). They simply don't do the things they claim to do and in the ways they claim to do them.

Obviously, the placebo effect also comes into play here, but that has less to do with these specific bracelets and more to do with clever marketing and the use of unfamiliar terms to create a sense that this is, in fact, some crazy new technology.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:12 AM #19
loldongs
I know the paintball

[quote=enviousjohn;68592161]

You can do that with the bracelets (in fact, it's been done- one such example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynbx5...ature=related). They simply don't do the things they claim to do and in the ways they claim to do them.
[quote]

which is what I said and the opinions of people i have spoken to (people who were not even aware what they are) They give you slight improvement over balance and motor skills but not what the TV ad said that whole arm tugging nonsense i am sure this bracelet would have kicked off alot better if that idiot did not do those crazy tv ads.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 AM #20
Jack Wood

Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Before I dive into that, let me only say- I read the recall letter PE put out and I in no way am insinuating that you guys are actively making these claims. I was referring to most of the advertising and word-of-mouth that seems to accompany these bracelets (a google search landed me half a dozen companies and products making such claims that had nothing to do with PE). I also think you guys should start selling them again, as they do look sweet and I would probably buy one for that reason alone.

On to your religion question- yes, it is a bit like religion in that people often make the "hey, it works for me, and that's all I need!" argument.

The difference is, you cannot prove that God does or doesn't exist. There is no double blind study regarding miracles. I myself am not religious and tend to believe that many of the debunking techniques and thought experiments used to disprove the validity of the power balance claims can also be applied to religion. The problem is, when it comes to religion, you can only present the arguments- there is no way to prove/disprove the existence of a higher power with absolute certainty.

Obviously, the placebo effect also comes into play here, but that has less to do with these specific bracelets and more to do with clever marketing and the use of unfamiliar terms to create a sense that this is, in fact, some crazy new technology.
I wasn't suggesting that you were insinuating anything

I was very selective in the bit of text that I quoted
Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 AM #21
enviousjohn

Quote:
which is what I said and the opinions of people i have spoken to (people who were not even aware what they are) They give you slight improvement over balance and motor skills but not what the TV ad said that whole arm tugging nonsense i am sure this bracelet would have kicked off alot better if that idiot did not do those crazy tv ads.
But... they don't. What are you missing? Really, I'm interested in why, given the information in this thread, you think they do anything? Can't you see that they don't do anything at all?
Closed Thread