Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally posted by ft57
You have many options available to you, here are a few:
Damn, I just finished buying an a4 bolt, check it clamping low-rise and a new VAA for my angel off of mike! (Of course I got a great deal so it wasn't that bad), but free > cheap haha.

I haven't any idea why I am buying all of this crap for my gun, the closest field is still 40 miles from NYC and I haven't figured out how I'm going to get there yet! Sitting at HB watching people play got to me i guess

I think I will probably pick up a cobra ball detent, and get my angel was'd (I was thinking that depending on the complexity of the a4 wdp ace retrofit, that I might be able to canibalize some of those parts and get someone *cough* to work on my gun). Like I said before, I was hoping to keep the stock features of my lcd intact, but I'm not sure I'm too keen on how WAS does things. I would love a nice eye cover instead of jbweld, but I don't think its possible due to the way that my fly is milled (it has that "wing" betweent he ball detent and the breech).

I think mike has some halo b's he wants to part with, so I figure I can't really go wrong picking one up off of him and giving it a shot (i can always sell it later). He's gonna be mailing me my tank back in a while (thanks), so he can always toss one in there

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 03:55 PM #87
rntpaintballplaya
TCK

rntpaintballplaya is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
JP.. me and u got ripped by empire at cup lol.. we got the older versions of the halos and he new ones have updatessoftware,, we gotta call em up and c whas up... These halos rule on every gun, will rully make it a WMD
rntpaintballplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 04:09 PM #88
Little Ian
Dune Buggy Johnson

Little Ian is a Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Little Ian plays in the APPA D1 division
thanks for mkaing a useless post=/ thats my job

mc****: does ur empire hollaback work on your other hk technological advanced gun? the one ill have a copy of very soon!
Old 03-24-2004, 05:24 PM #89
-JP-

jose- ur dumb, i got offered the same price i payed like 4 months after i bought it, + it outfeeds any other halo its met
-JP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:39 PM #90
Chaps
You+God=enough

How fast does the reloader-b load?

My Feedback

Originally posted by Regime*Kid*18 "Rolling noobs is like eating cake, theres nothing to it"

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:56 PM #91
ffry

ffry is a Supporting Member
ffry is a Paintball photographer
ffry owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
eggs suck.. stick off the back of the gun
ffry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:17 PM #92
madgoat33
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by daishi
I did a post in the Hoppers forum where I actually showed the math. Reloader B runs around 28.59 bps max feed rate. Everyone tries to say that because it's sound it's slower than the speed of electricity. The funny thing is that the sound has reached the hopper before the bolt is even retracted far enough to allow the next ball to drop into the chamber. This gives the Reloader B a jump on a standard Halo because a standard Halo needs to have the ball stack moving before it kicks the motor in. And no, this is not incorrect based on the Halo's scanning eye. The ball stack still needs to move before any eye will start.
Halo eyes are not simply break beam like egg's, they monitor ball position, not just whether a ball is there or not, therefore u just wasted a whole paragraph of typing for nothing. ALSO, odyssey said reloader b=2-3 bps slower. They make both and will technically make more money when a reloader b is sold because wholesale on them is higher than wholesale on Halo's, so i will believe them.
madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:53 PM #93
cveale

Quote:
Originally posted by madgoat33
Halo eyes are not simply break beam like egg's, they monitor ball position, not just whether a ball is there or not, therefore u just wasted a whole paragraph of typing for nothing. ALSO, odyssey said reloader b=2-3 bps slower. They make both and will technically make more money when a reloader b is sold because wholesale on them is higher than wholesale on Halo's, so i will believe them.
Yeah, but the ball doesn't even change position until after the sound gets there. This point is not too hard to understand. The bolt has to clear completely before the ball can drop. The sound has already made it to the sensor by then. It doesn't matter how the eye works. No movement is no movement. Get it.

Also, I have been hearing a LOT of people on the field now swearing that this loader is faster than their Halos. Frankly, i'm starting to belive them and think Odyssey may not have done a completely unbiased test.
cveale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:17 PM #94
xwiredx

xwiredx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xwiredx supports DLX Technology
Will the Reloader B's work on non ACEd angels too?
Old 03-24-2004, 09:28 PM #95
laysomepaint

laysomepaint is a founding member
of course they will wired, provided you have double detents.

Is there any sort of upgrade kit to make a normal halo b sound activated? Im coming into a halo that needs a shell for very cheap and would like to know.
laysomepaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:29 AM #96
Hollwood_of_Legion
old man blue

Hollwood_of_Legion is a Supporting Member
Hollwood_of_Legion is playing at Living Legends VI
Hollwood_of_Legion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hollwood_of_Legion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ok i have a question. if i were to buy a cobra ball detent for my wased/aced ir3 that should with the empire reloader i just ordered right? thanks again for any help guys and btw i haven't posted on here much but i will more often now. my name is Jeff and i am proud to be a new supporting member.
Hollwood_of_Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 02:32 AM #97
ns20

Yeah, you shouldnt have any problem with your halo if you have a cobra dentent. Unless you dont have a A4 soft touch bolt. If you have any thing other than the soft touch bolt you will still prolly have problems. Cobra dentent+soft touch bolt+halo(aka hollaback)=machine gun.
ns20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:59 AM #98
madgoat33
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cveale
Yeah, but the ball doesn't even change position until after the sound gets there. This point is not too hard to understand. The bolt has to clear completely before the ball can drop. The sound has already made it to the sensor by then. It doesn't matter how the eye works. No movement is no movement. Get it.

Also, I have been hearing a LOT of people on the field now swearing that this loader is faster than their Halos. Frankly, i'm starting to belive them and think Odyssey may not have done a completely unbiased test.
Why would they NOT do an unbiased test? As I stated earlier they technically get MORE money when people buy the Reloader B than when they buy the Halo B.

Also, the way a halo eye system works, if im not mistaken is it "sees" the ball actually fallin, sort of like how Vision on and imp works, and when the balls move, instead of being stationary, it tells the thing to spin. So, unless you somehow only have 1 ball down your feedtube at a time, it can't really be slower than a reloader, because it starts pushin before there is any gap.
madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:21 AM #99
TreyV
Reality based citizen.

TreyV is a Supporting Member
TreyV is a founding member
TreyV owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
TreyV supports Team VICIOUS
TreyV is Boss
TreyV supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally posted by cveale
I'm thinking the issue may be more along the lines that the Reloader intereacts with their gun better than the original Halo B does. Rather than doing the elaborate dance with the gun firing and the paint moving and the spring winding up proportional the balls moving and on and on, the Reloader seems more directly cause and effect. Gun fired? Spin the cone! And that's it.

Oh yeah, is the Reloader gear driven? I heard that but hadn't found any confirmation.
TreyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:28 PM #100
cveale

No, the Reloader B is not gear driven.. I'll give you two guesses what the B stands for on the Halo B and Reloader B.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:40 PM #101
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
belt!

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:48 PM #102
cveale

Quote:
Originally posted by madgoat33
Why would they NOT do an unbiased test? As I stated earlier they technically get MORE money when people buy the Reloader B than when they buy the Halo B.

Also, the way a halo eye system works, if im not mistaken is it "sees" the ball actually fallin, sort of like how Vision on and imp works, and when the balls move, instead of being stationary, it tells the thing to spin. So, unless you somehow only have 1 ball down your feedtube at a time, it can't really be slower than a reloader, because it starts pushin before there is any gap.
You're missing the point though. The ball will never even start to fall. AT ALL.. until the bolt moves back and allows a new ball to fall. The time it takes for the bolt to cycle back and allow a ball to drop is slower than the time it takes for the sound to reach the hopper. It doesn't matter if the eye is a super duper mega eye master 5000. If the ball isn't moving then it does no good.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:31 PM #103
bos_2005

Actually there is pressure behind the ball so yes it does help even if the ball isnt in motion.
bos_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 06:00 PM #104
ns20

There isnt always pressure behind the ball though(if you have z-code). The only time it puts pressure on the ball is when it sees that one has fell.
ns20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:12 PM #105
laysomepaint

laysomepaint is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by ns20
There isnt always pressure behind the ball though(if you have z-code). The only time it puts pressure on the ball is when it sees that one has fell.
Actually there is always pressure on the ball, the drive spring keeps pressure on the ball at all times. All the sound activation does is make the motor start reloading the drive spring sooner, which probably only helps in longer strings now that I think about it. Z-code allows it to have more pressure on the ball without risk of burning out the motor when/if the halo jams up.

EDIT: thought about it again, it still makes the halo faster because it keeps more pressure on the ball stack than normal since the motor has more time to wind up the drive spring inbetween shots, this makes the top speed in long strings faster, and your bursts can be faster longer too.

Last edited by laysomepaint : 03-25-2004 at 10:15 PM.
laysomepaint is offline   Reply With Quote