WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

has been a member for 10 years
WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worr, the wee tot. View Post
if you're tired and sluggish because you're hungry you need to eat, starvation never got anybody muscular
I don't feel starved after meals, that's the problem.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2008, 08:19 PM #23
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann playa View Post
recommendations on healthy things to eat the night before a game? (besides pasta). The day of the game? or a couple hours before the game?
Night before a game carb up; they are found in more things than pasta. Just make sure it is a whole grain source if you do decide to go the bread route. Fruits are also good sources of carbs.

Day of the game shouldn't be much different, a nice big sandwhich with whole wheat bread will give you the energy and some protein if you throw on some lunch meat.

Couple hours before the game go for a banana. The potassium will prevent against cramping; something that happened to me all too often
Old 10-09-2008, 09:17 PM #24
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turb0 Negr0 View Post
Night before a game carb up; they are found in more things than pasta. Just make sure it is a whole grain source if you do decide to go the bread route. Fruits are also good sources of carbs.

Day of the game shouldn't be much different, a nice big sandwhich with whole wheat bread will give you the energy and some protein if you throw on some lunch meat.

Couple hours before the game go for a banana. The potassium will prevent against cramping; something that happened to me all too often
Thanks, my buddy downs a snickers like 5 minutes before a game. i know its not good for you but it is a simple carb and it could give you a short term boost of enegery but how long would that actually last?

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 PM #25
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

For christ's sake please don't do that. The sugar will have about a 20 minute effect on you and it makes you more sluggish. Go with the banana
Old 10-09-2008, 10:41 PM #26
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

haha, thats what I figured. He still insists that he is right

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM #27
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

Anyone have comments for popcorn? Health-wise?

I recently was given some Orville Redenbacher's "Natural" simply salted popcorn. It looked promising to me (just being 'natural' rather than all the butter and everything). The front advertises: NO Artificial Flavors, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Preservatives, 100% Whole Grain Popcorn, 0g Trans Fat (per serving).

But then I looked at the information on the label, and a few things seemed wrong. Serving size per popcorn packet is 2.5:

Calories: 160 (100 from fat)
Total Fat: 11 Grams
Sat. Fat: 5 Grams
Polyun. Fat: 1 Gram
Monoun. Fat: 4 Grams
Sodium: 480 grams
Carbs: 17 grams
Fiber: 3 Grams
Protein: 3 grams

Ingredients: Popping Corn, Palm Oil, Salt, Mixed Tocopherols (for freshness)

Although it seems natural, I was a bit set off by the information, especially saturated fat. I know Palm Oil is high in it, but can anyone tell me whether or not this stuff is genuinely healthy? People always tell me popcorn is a good snack, but I never know which one to go for.

I have another one that is basically as little butter as possible (weakest you can get aside from Natural), and it only had about 3 grams fat total, maybe 1 gram saturated.

So basic question, what popcorn does everyone recommend?
Old 10-10-2008, 05:41 PM #28
Worr, the wee tot. (Banned)

I'd stay away from palm oil just because it has some sketchy findings about its affects on cholesterol that haven't really been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt to be true, but they haven't been proven to be false either.

If you really want "healthy" popcorn air pop it with no oil whatsoever, and do so with the knowledge beforehand that you're going to be eating cardboard. Popcorn needs a little oil to be palatable, along with a little salt (or other seasonings if you like), so if you consider that you can really only stand to eat that particular food with the addition of saturated fat and sodium it doesn't really strike me as all that healthy.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:09 PM #29
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

sodium is not detrimental to your health, unless you eat it by the spoonfull
Old 10-10-2008, 06:27 PM #30
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

Well, if you don't want to retain water...
Old 10-10-2008, 06:57 PM #31
i rock the ion
rather be lifting

Ok, how do y'all make your oat shakes. What do you put in them?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:57 PM #32
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
How healthy is Tuna Fish? I know its got a lot of sodium in it, but also a lot of protein, and I've always heard that fish in general is a healthy meal. I'm trying to find some simple, easy to make lunches that I can throw in my backpack for school and Tuna seems pretty good. I was thinking maybe a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat bread, then maybe 4 egg whites and 2 egg yolks and water to drink. I want to mix up what I eat though so any other suggestions would be great.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:16 PM #33
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
How healthy is Tuna Fish? I know its got a lot of sodium in it, but also a lot of protein, and I've always heard that fish in general is a healthy meal. I'm trying to find some simple, easy to make lunches that I can throw in my backpack for school and Tuna seems pretty good. I was thinking maybe a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat bread, then maybe 4 egg whites and 2 egg yolks and water to drink. I want to mix up what I eat though so any other suggestions would be great.
Tuna is extremely good for you, its pure protein and full of omega 3 fatty acids. That lunch sounds good too, I posted a tuna patty recipe in the food section under bodybuilding recipes and they are delicious
Old 10-11-2008, 07:59 PM #34
pballer182
Is On A Cruise

Brown rice substitute? Are there any whole grains out there better than it that are readily available? (I live near a farmers market)
Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 PM #35
E-M-P-I-R-E

why dont you like brown rice?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:12 AM #36
pballer182
Is On A Cruise

I do, but it's pure carbs. I was wondering if there were any grains that had protein in them that I could substitute for brown rice.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:17 AM #37
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer182 View Post
I do, but it's pure carbs. I was wondering if there were any grains that had protein in them that I could substitute for brown rice.
What are you talking about? Brown rice is pretty damned nutritionally balanced...I eat it at least every other day...

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/2 cup / 95g
Amount per Serving
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0.9g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Potassium 41mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 21.8g 7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6%
Sugars 0.5g
Protein 2.5g 5%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1%
Iron 2%
Thiamin (B1) 6%
Riboflavin (B2) 1%
Niacin (B3) 7%
Vitamin B6 7%
Folic Acid (Folate) 1%
Magnesium 44%
Panthothenic Acid 3%
Zinc 4%
Copper 5%
Manganese 44%

1 cup of brown rice + 8oz of chicken + lots of veggies = great meal any time, especially pre-workout
Old 10-13-2008, 08:41 PM #38
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Egg Salad (made with light mayo), Yay or nay?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:15 PM #39
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer182 View Post
Brown rice substitute? Are there any whole grains out there better than it that are readily available? (I live near a farmers market)
Quinoa- Your probably going to have to go to a Whole Foods to get this though. Its a pretty interesting grain, very high in protein
Old 10-19-2008, 10:19 PM #40
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

People gotsta know their nutrition, this thread should be bumped...
Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 PM #41
dmiller6590
Deutscher

whats up? its my first time posting in this sub-forum.

so I've been active all my life, I was a competitive gymnast for over 5 years, which obviously means i was in amazing shape. But I quit last december, and have become somewhat lazy since then. I was going to a gym daily for a few months but at the beginning of summer, but I'm at college now so its tough to work out.
Since not having worked out in a while, I really haven't gained much weight at all (which is awesome). I have gotten a bit of a gut though as well as some moobs.

Anyway, My goal really is to just loose the fat, but not really gain muscle. I don't really eat too healthy but I'm trying hard to cut out on soda and such.

Realistically speaking, if I only work out once in a while, but cut out things such as sugar, how long do you think it'll take to kick the gut and such away?
sorry this was kinda long, figrued i'd explain myself.
dustin
Old 10-20-2008, 06:29 PM #42
paintballkid97

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller6590 View Post
whats up? its my first time posting in this sub-forum.

so I've been active all my life, I was a competitive gymnast for over 5 years, which obviously means i was in amazing shape. But I quit last december, and have become somewhat lazy since then. I was going to a gym daily for a few months but at the beginning of summer, but I'm at college now so its tough to work out.
Since not having worked out in a while, I really haven't gained much weight at all (which is awesome). I have gotten a bit of a gut though as well as some moobs.

Anyway, My goal really is to just loose the fat, but not really gain muscle. I don't really eat too healthy but I'm trying hard to cut out on soda and such.

Realistically speaking, if I only work out once in a while, but cut out things such as sugar, how long do you think it'll take to kick the gut and such away?
sorry this was kinda long, figrued i'd explain myself.
dustin
I really don't understand why someone wouldn't want to put on muscle.

And to loose fat you are going to need to obviously eat healthy, and do cardio as well as some weight training. And I have no idea how big your gut is and how big you're willing to work so idk how long it will take you.
Closed Thread