PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 08-09-2011, 03:37 PM #1
slush877

is it better to go with pistols or woodsball guns in senerio

i have an x7 i havent used yet and i was considering selling it and buying a couple pistols should i just keep my x7 or sell it
slush877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 AM #2
bushman7888

has been a member for 10 years
For a scenario game it all depends on you, personally I would keep the x7 because you got get more paint capacity but there is the trade off of weight. Pistols are nice because you holster it to run around and don't have to worry about hitting it on everything but you get limited shots and sometimes limited accuracy. I like my woodsball gun for scenario just because of stability reason. I can run and shoot without moving the marker cause its firmly planted into my shoulder. But then I can't run as fast as if I had a pistol. So no one can really tell you one way or another until you figure out what suits you

Smart Parts SP8 - - - Ion Blackcell Longbow

WTB epiphany/eos parts especially a frame / pm me if you have one with pictures and prices.
bushman7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:19 PM #3
Link10983
The One You Never See

Link10983 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Link10983 is for the Gunfight
Link10983 posts videos on PbNation
In my own view, I enjoy using my T9. Only because I can have it as a pistol and woodsball marker. Since you have an X7, you have a really nice woodsball gun. A pistol is nice but if you don't have a proper rig to run it with ten round tubes and co2 grams it will be a pain to reload it but you can save on paint. A pistol is nice because you save on paint and its light. Using your X7 you can hold more paint and you can get a better tactical feel with it. The benefit of a pistol in a scenario is you can holster it or carry it and the objective and you can still be in the fight. Overall the X7 is nice because you hold and shoot more paint. With a pistol you can run around easily and save on paint. The only draw back to the pistol is reloading it is a pain. The drawback on the X7 is how heavy it will be.

"Originally posted by LolPokey V4.: Well, the spider could be comparable to a 12 gauge shotgun, and the clone maybe a 20 gauge.
As for the Etek 3, that thing has so much kick it will dislocate your arm."
Link10983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 AM #4
PistolPaul2
Be Nice, Have fun

PistolPaul2 is playing at Living Legends VI
It's all personal preference, you style of play, and role in scenario games
I run around with 2 BT SA-17's because I like running around with ease I'm usually a medic in most of my games and I've always likeD pistols and I'm not into buying the average amount of paint. pistols are a hard thing to get into. If you want to try it get the one I have because it can be converted to a standard semi auto marker if you don't like it as a pistol and it's very cheap at www.ansgear.com. I've used the X7 great marker upgradable in everyway If you want give pistols a try they are a lot of fun
PistolPaul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:18 AM #5
theVicious1

PistolPaul makes a good point with the medic role. In specific situations pistol only is a big plus, but only accompanied by a strong group or when playing solo and stealthy.

For instance, in a scenario with flag stations a player with a pistol and several clips will have a HUGE speed advantage over anybody with a pod pack and full marker setup. Off the break you'll make it, pull the flag, and take a bunker with the ability to defend till the rest of your team gets there. Its a matter of seconds, but those seconds can be the difference between pulling a flag and taking a forward bunker unopposed or trying to pull the flag while the enemy is laning from 60' away.

Depending on the games rules, a team can benefit from having a dedicated medic with a pistol setup. A medic can go hard to get to a wounded player in a forward position. If the rules don't support frequent combat medic situtions, you are better off with a full setup so you can fight more effectively as well. There's also the option of leaving you marker at a bunker and rushing to heal, then returning when the opportunity arises.

Does the scenario warrant a dedicated LAW man? a pistol is a great alternative to a full marker setup for the already burdened LAWman. This applies more to players using the JCS Alias or similar big-body launchers. With the metadyne havok you now have a holster-able launcher in a small package. Still gonna slow you down, but anybody that has shot an Alias knows the differences in size.

Playing pistol is a commitment. You don't just pick one up and play the same as you would with a full setup. It has unique advantages and disadvantages that you need to account for to become successful, and that requires a level of dedication and practice.

I'd stick with the x7 for awhile, you should always have a primary so getting rid of it in lieu of pistols shouldn't be an option. Play a few scenarios, figure out what style you want, see what your team/group thinks, and try to borrow a players pistol for a game before committing to the purchase. A full pistol setup will run you a bit with mags, holsters, and all.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 AM #6
JESTERTLS

Like the others said, its all preference. I've played both ways. I play pistol only, when my back is giving me fits to keep weight down or if I'm role playing. I like to have both set up's available incase I want to switch how I'm playing. My pistol is caput and I just havent gotten around to buying a TPX.

Now days I'm in drive a tank so I dont get to shoot any ways.

Its like going mag feed. You have to want to play that style.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:50 AM #7
slush877

wow

man i posted this a while back.. i now have 2 tpxs with custom shrouds and extended mags and a much nicer x7.. however my tpxs seem to see the feild just as much as my x7 does
slush877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:51 PM #8
Tin-Man

Tin-Man is BST Trusted
Tin-Man plays in the PSP
Tin-Man is playing at Living Legends IX
Tin-Man plays in the APPA D4 division
Tin-Man supports Empire
Best of both worlds - I run a SA-17 with 30 round hopper adapter. Still fits in the BT holster on a shoulder strap, remote line with a 8oz CO2 Couple of small pods in a tac vest and you are set
Tin-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:53 PM #9
DeadeyeDante
No Running Mama Dog..

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VIII
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends IX
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
I run Pistol as a primary when I am doing scouting/fast objective attacks/prop grabbing for scenarios. I'll have it on my remote line with my 7 mags. I am picking up a new mag loading system (check out the Milsig FazMag pretty sick set up), for doing that. However if I am mucking through the thick firefights, there ain't nothing better then my G-1 wiht a Pinokio loader and my 90/45....There's a reason I carry 20 pods on me .
Old 09-10-2012, 08:05 PM #10
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
My definition of "woodsball" gun is a tad different than yours
To me it only means a high performance gun without flashy colors. Always keep in mind, you may get that beautiful shot with a limited capacity pistol...and the guy can wipe it and unload 30 on you. Or his buddies all unload on you. Better to have available more than you need than need more than you have. Pistols have a place, but not as a primary in open field.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:41 AM #11
DeadeyeDante
No Running Mama Dog..

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VIII
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends IX
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
^ Depends on what your playstyle is. I mean yeah, you'll get wipers who wipe off that one awesome shot. But if sometimes you just like to creep behind the lines of an opposing team with nothing but your pistol, some mags and a radio, it's an intense way to play. I have had moments where I was 25 feet from the enemy HQ and was relaying information as soon as they sent it, so troop movements, where they were placing mines/satchel charges/ attack plans etc, and I was extremely outgunned, but I wouldn't have wanted to be out there with my heavy load out, or even my regular Axe and Z2, as it would have taken up to much space and not allowed me to move as fluidly as I did.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:25 AM #12
P2Panda87
P2Panda

+1. I agree with DeadEye.

Pistol play is amazingly fun yet challenging to do. It is like playing pump, but to that next level. You have limited shots in a mag, and prolly only carrying so many mags. ( I carry at least 10 w/ a dump pouch ) You have to not only pick your shots, but have to be closer than any other marker out there in terms of stock setups. I mean you could do what my friend did and buy a 12" barrel for his tpx, made a custom mock silencer for it to make it not look dumb, then you have a nice medium-short range weapon and still being super light.

With a pistol setup, I think the best thing for them is the fact that you can run around super light, duck, crawl, roll, etc. without having the worry of a bigger marker breaking, getting dragged through the mud/dirt, etc. But as far as overall woodsball goes, most of the time a bigger, non pistol weapon is going to be the most effective. I play pump a lot and now use my TipX more than ever and have to say, doesn't matter how fast you can run or how sneaky you can be, if you can't get close, it's more or less over. Not saying I'm not a sneaky *** ninja!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 AM #13
Baccummba

I've read a lot of scenario/roles you all use the pistols for and I myself am giving pistol play another go. I'm curious what strategies you all use when rocking a pistol as primary. More times than most the name of the game is elimination( I.e whether its CTF or whatever you still have shoot someone to do it).

How would you all assault a bunker? With/without a squad? Where do you fall on in the team dynamics as far as being shooter goes?
Baccummba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 PM #14
hardboy

There is a X-7 PHENOM in this MG-42 shell built by larry Jackson out of texas. I love this beast.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:07 PM #15
CallsignMagic
Warlord

CallsignMagic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CallsignMagic has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CallsignMagic has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I recommend you keep the X7 for the amount of paint it can lay down, but I'd still pick up a pistol or two. I'm an avid pistol player and I run dual T8s or T68 Gen3s 95% of the time. However, I also have a BT TM7 with a rip clip for game types that require defending a hill or something similar that requires a lot of firepower. When it comes to scenarios, you may want to have the option to run light and fast with limited ammo or have the ability to be a heavy gunner depending on the assigned mission.

If price is a concern, consider searching the B/S/T forums and groups for deals on used pistols. Three of my four pistols are used and function perfectly.
CallsignMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 PM #16
Baccummba

I'm curious, how do you all think a pistol player could benefit a team during a firefight?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 AM #17
Nahib_Stilgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccummba View Post
I've read a lot of scenario/roles you all use the pistols for and I myself am giving pistol play another go. I'm curious what strategies you all use when rocking a pistol as primary. More times than most the name of the game is elimination( I.e whether its CTF or whatever you still have shoot someone to do it).

How would you all assault a bunker? With/without a squad? Where do you fall on in the team dynamics as far as being shooter goes?
Same as with pump.

Get right up front and personal with the opposition. Let the heavy firepower cover your movement up. Your team holds their heads down while you take the bunker. Grab a partner with a bigger gun and make sure you stick together and communicate.

Pistols are small, and light. Use that to let you move FAST to places the opposition doesn't think you can get to.

Don't shoot until you know you have the shot. And when you do shoot, make sure it counts.

One well placed shot will scare a player into their bunker a lot more effectively than 20 wild shots.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:48 AM #18
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccummba View Post
I'm curious, how do you all think a pistol player could benefit a team during a firefight?
Extremely quick flanking and repositioning. You can't throw down anywhere near as much paint as someone with a electro, but you can move quicker; make sure you use that to your advantage.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 AM #19
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Lazarusrat supports Ninja Paintball
Not to knock how you enjoy playing but I think we need to have a reality check.

Saving a few pounds by carring a pistol is not going to make run at the speed of light. In fact it won't increase your speed all that much at all. Odds are if the run is too far for you to make with a normal gun its still too far for you to make with a pistol.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:35 AM #20
Baccummba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusrat
Not to knock how you enjoy playing but I think we need to have a reality check.

Saving a few pounds by carring a pistol is not going to make run at the speed of light. In fact it won't increase your speed all that much at all. Odds are if the run is too far for you to make with a normal gun its still too far for you to make with a pistol.
Agreed however ones mobility does increase with a pistol.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:04 PM #21
Dinozzo91

pistols are great to have as a back up. they can shoot a good distance but its always better to have a woodsball gun that can shoot as many as it can per second.
Dinozzo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups