PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2013, 09:22 PM #1
jeepmiller09
Miller

09 SLG UL fires evey other pull

Just bought a 09 SLG UL for $100.00 When I pull the trigger it will fire a ball every other pull. On the second pull I hear it click. I have changed out the battery for a brand new one Same problem. I cleaned the SLG but I didn't have any DYE lube with me at work. All the O-rings look good and nothing is leaking. Any Idea what could be wrong? Could it be a setting on the gun that the kid screwed up? Is there a way to do a factory rest?

Thanks Miller
jeepmiller09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2013, 10:16 PM #2
Hammar

has been a member for 10 years
I would probably check 2 things, the sear or the connections.

IMO what's happening is that the solenoid isn't moving the sear far enough. Is this because the solenoid isn't getting enough juice (connectio/board issue) or is this because of something with the sear? Who knows, but that would be the 2 places I would look into.
Hammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:23 AM #3
red_hood_

red_hood_ owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mine is doing the exact same thing. How would I check the sear? What should I be looking for ?
red_hood_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:05 PM #4
Thnder.Cole.5
Charleston Thunder #5

Thnder.Cole.5 is playing at Living Legends VI
Thnder.Cole.5 supports Team VICIOUS
Thnder.Cole.5 supports DLX Technology
get a new battery and check your trigger also clean your eyes

Charleston Thunder Owner/Captian

Gun Tech and Front Player
Thnder.Cole.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:53 AM #5
o dub o
Ballin'

has been a member for 10 years
o dub o has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
o dub o has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mine was doing that, my battery prong was on its last leg and now broke off.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:56 PM #6
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmiller09 View Post
Just bought a 09 SLG UL for $100.00 When I pull the trigger it will fire a ball every other pull. On the second pull I hear it click. I have changed out the battery for a brand new one Same problem. I cleaned the SLG but I didn't have any DYE lube with me at work. All the O-rings look good and nothing is leaking. Any Idea what could be wrong? Could it be a setting on the gun that the kid screwed up? Is there a way to do a factory rest?

Thanks Miller
What's happening is that the solenoid is not kicking the sear hard enough to make it release the bolt reliably.
This is most often caused by a low or cheap battery, but it seems you've already tried that.

Make sure the battery connection is good and that the battery is not jostling below the contact prongs. Rather than bending the prongs, which can cause them to break, you might want to try wedging some paper beneath the battery to give it a secure fit.

After that, you may want to try raising the gun's dwell setting. Normal SLGs don't have this software feature but the UL does. Consult your manual and give this a try. Dwell is the only software setting that can affect the gun's ability to fire.

Finally, as a last resort you may need to try compressing the sear spring. Remove the grip frame and push out the sear pin to remove the sear and gain access to its spring. Pinch it down with your fingers to reduce its strength slightly, but beware: if you reduce the spring strength too much the sear may not be able to hold onto the bolt and the gun will go into uncontrollable full auto. There's a balance to be achieved here. If you think you've compressed it too much, remove it and stretch it slightly. Again, try this last.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o dub o View Post
Mine was doing that, my battery prong was on its last leg and now broke off.
You're probably going to have to solder on a snap-on battery connection then.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote