Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2012, 02:58 PM #64
Fowlsie

has been a member for 10 years
HB 2012 was sick!, our team didnt make sunday by a few points, but the competition was strong, the organization and reffing was great! and the other teams in div2 were pretty cool. The valkyn shot great, hardly no gun/hopper breaks the only flaw was a few bounces.. but id rather have that then the paint not come out of my gun..
The field was on the otherside of the pier this year, and the vendors were in the parking lot which I thought was a great idea! and for the vendors that were there, thanks for coming.. those longboards were dope!
Im pretty sure nppl didnt stop any other companies from coming, the other companies decided not to sponsor the league thus they couldnt sell products. im sure NPPL would have been happy if they came. the one thing everyone is missing is; PSP is a conglomerate of businesses who own the league, the equipment, the paint, the teams.. they are not doing whats best for players persay, they are doing whats best for business. NPPL is owned by the teams that are not involved in the business end of things(ie; paint, equipment) but just want to compete in a fair non biased tournament, with cash prizes.

both leagues are cool.. I dont see the nppl dying it has its solid followers. Everyone should stop hating and *****ing and just enjoy the game/sport!
Adam Fowler #11
HigH OcTaNe -
www.facebook.com/HighOctanePaintball

Paintball Action Games
Fowlsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2012, 11:59 PM #65
THA BALL3R

THA BALL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
THA BALL3R supports Team VICIOUS
THA BALL3R is for the Gunfight
I completely agree... and whats worst is paintball is at that point where the economy sucks and the leagues suck!!!!!!
#8 Surrey BCPA
2011 Canadain Nationals Champions

CHEAP HIGHEND GEARBAG SALE!!!
THA BALL3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 AM #66
_slash_1
yup, im "that" one....

_slash_1 plays in the USPL
_slash_1 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
ive played the last 3 hb's. This was the best ran one i have been too.

my only real complain is how some teams got to shoot other "non-event" paint. US divisional players aren't stupid. We can see the unmarked paint trucks... we knew what was going on and felt cheated..

If kee and GI arent selling paint to the general public, then why let them be there giving out paint to pro teams and select d1 teams. Kee and GI have chosen to not support the NPPL, so why let them support their teams. My team has an empire sponsorship, why couldn't I use my hard earned evil too?

I'm sure someone will say that these pro teams keep the league alive, but its not the case. d4,3,2 and 1 teams that pay full price for entry, and buy their paint at the event keep it alive. Sure pro's are great to watch, but they bring little to the league financially.

my point being, either make it EVENT PAINT FOR ALL PLAYERS..... or allow us to BYOP. (when you are charging $2800 for admission, do you really need to make the extra couple $$ offa paint sales..? )
_slash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 AM #67
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
The league does not make money off of actual paint sales.

The vendors pay a flat rate per year/event for the privilege of being able to sell their paint at the event.

If they did not allow the pro teams that are sponsored by the disallowed paint vendors to shoot their sponsor paint, then those teams might not be able to compete in the tournament.

Any divisional teams that had "contraband" paint more than likely got it as a kick-down from a pro team.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:34 AM #68
mmjsport

mmjsport owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mmjsport has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mmjsport has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
The league does not make money off of actual paint sales.

The vendors pay a flat rate per year/event for the privilege of being able to sell their paint at the event.

If they did not allow the pro teams that are sponsored by the disallowed paint vendors to shoot their sponsor paint, then those teams might not be able to compete in the tournament.

Any divisional teams that had "contraband" paint more than likely got it as a kick-down from a pro team.
Actual paint sales? The league does make money off of "actual paint sales". They pay the league so they can "sale" paint. Thus, the league makes money off of them actually "selling" paint to players. The league makes money off them regardless of how its put. Even if it not based on commission.

I think just because pro teams are sponsored by their paint companies, doesn't mean they should be allowed to shoot specific paint that other divisional teams are sponsored by also. In the end of the day, the pro teams don't keep the league alive, the divisional teams do.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 AM #69
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjsport View Post
Actual paint sales? The league does make money off of "actual paint sales". They pay the league so they can "sale" paint. Thus, the league makes money off of them actually "selling" paint to players. The league makes money off them regardless of how its put. Even if it not based on commission.
"Actual paint sales" is defined as the total sum of all paint sold at an event.

I understand your logic, but it is incorrect in this instance.

The NPPL does not directly collect money at each event for paintballs sold to the teams. When you purchased paint at HB, you did not pay the NPPL. You paid whatever paint company you chose to purchase from.

Their collection of money from the paint companies is not correlated to the amount of paint sold at the event.

It is up to the paint companies to work out their costs associated with distributing paintballs at each event. Part of that cost is the fee for being able to sell their paintballs at the event.

So, for instance, if it costs XYZ Paintball, Inc. $50,000 per season to sell their paintballs at 4 NPPL events, and it cost them $10,000 to set up at HB to be able to sell their paint (paint truck, sales reps, misc. overhead), and they collected $65,000 at HB in paint sales, the NPPL does not see a cut of that $5,000 profit. (unless there is some sort of back door deal worked out where that is the case, no pun intended).
Old 04-13-2012, 03:37 PM #70
Skipdogg

Why is Chicago capped at 100 teams?
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 AM #71
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Bayhouse is a Supporting Member
The first HB event and a few years after were pretty good, but everything has gone to **** since. It's not a new phenomenon. Reffing, same thing. Good for a couple years, and then due to some management issues (or should I say mismanagement issues) a lot of the good ones quit. I haven't visited these boards for a long time, but I see the complaints are the same as before. Ho-Hum, back to MW3 I go...
Bayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 PM #72
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayhouse View Post
The first HB event and a few years after were pretty good, but everything has gone to **** since. It's not a new phenomenon. Reffing, same thing. Good for a couple years, and then due to some management issues (or should I say mismanagement issues) a lot of the good ones quit. I haven't visited these boards for a long time, but I see the complaints are the same as before. Ho-Hum, back to MW3 I go...
bf3 > mw3 just sayin lol. <3
Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 PM #73
ADOLF
SD VANDALS

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdogg View Post
Why is Chicago capped at 100 teams?
small venue.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 AM #74
Mrglass6919

Mrglass6919 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Mrglass6919 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOLF View Post
small venue.
ummmm CPX is one of the largest fields in the country......
Old 04-24-2012, 08:31 AM #75
hscpaintballa

hscpaintballa plays in the PSP
hscpaintballa owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
hscpaintballa supports DLX Technology
hscpaintballa supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrglass6919 View Post
ummmm CPX is one of the largest fields in the country......
Yeah I mean didn't PSP have 6 divisional fields set up last year? That place is HUGE!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 AM #76
Mrglass6919

Mrglass6919 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Mrglass6919 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscpaintballa View Post
Yeah I mean didn't PSP have 6 divisional fields set up last year? That place is HUGE!
also they are hosting Living Legends 5 this year same weekend. One of the largest scenario games and NPPL chicago open..... size matters
Old 04-24-2012, 08:49 AM #77
Jettyboy
Life

Jettyboy is a Supporting Member
Jettyboy supports Cereal Killerz 2
Jettyboy helped look for balloons
Jettyboy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowlsie View Post
HB 2012 was sick!, our team didnt make sunday by a few points, but the competition was strong, the organization and reffing was great! and the other teams in div2 were pretty cool. The valkyn shot great, hardly no gun/hopper breaks the only flaw was a few bounces.. but id rather have that then the paint not come out of my gun..
The field was on the otherside of the pier this year, and the vendors were in the parking lot which I thought was a great idea! and for the vendors that were there, thanks for coming.. those longboards were dope!
Im pretty sure nppl didnt stop any other companies from coming, the other companies decided not to sponsor the league thus they couldnt sell products. im sure NPPL would have been happy if they came. the one thing everyone is missing is; PSP is a conglomerate of businesses who own the league, the equipment, the paint, the teams.. they are not doing whats best for players persay, they are doing whats best for business. NPPL is owned by the teams that are not involved in the business end of things(ie; paint, equipment) but just want to compete in a fair non biased tournament, with cash prizes.

both leagues are cool.. I dont see the nppl dying it has its solid followers. Everyone should stop hating and *****ing and just enjoy the game/sport!
Someone has a short memory, this happened once already... USPL
Jettyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 PM #78
Fowlsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettyboy View Post
Someone has a short memory, this happened once already... USPL
the league didnt end, it changed names for a bit.. and the teams took ownership of the league. so unless the teams decide not to play(and even if they do there seems to be others willing to take their spot) there should always be 7 man. or 7man xball, or maybe 7man nxl.. who knows but bigger field with more bunkers and people is better imo. more variables in breakouts and plays.. way funner to watch then the same play over and over again.. i still play xball though, its all paintball haha and no matter what league you gonna have some people complaining about every aspect.
Adam Fowler #11
HigH OcTaNe -
www.facebook.com/HighOctanePaintball

Paintball Action Games
Fowlsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 PM #79
Egokila92
Be Water My Friend

Egokila92 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Egokila92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Egokila92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Egokila92 supports Ninja Paintball
Here's my issue with charging for the pro bleachers, the sport of paintball has not grown popular enough in comparison to the NFL or the MLB or the NBA for non paintballers to be willing to pay money to go watch. The more money that we can bring into the sport by getting more knowledge out there the better. It's a tough situation because you could argue that the revenue earned from the ticket sales could be used to advertise and promote the sport. If it was up to me, i'd eliminate all the leagues (in the U.S.) except the PSP and the NPPL, add more events for each one, and allow open vendors for all events. Put the venues in major areas....THE NYC PSP... The Miami NPPL....you get the point, part of the problem with paintball is that fans or new people have a difficult time following the sport because lets face it, all the different leagues are not that easy to follow and understand if you don't really understand the sport, not to mention if you're not really involved in it in the first place.
FIGHT
Egokila92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 PM #80
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egokila92 View Post
Here's my issue with charging for the pro bleachers, the sport of paintball has not grown popular enough in comparison to the NFL or the MLB or the NBA for non paintballers to be willing to pay money to go watch. The more money that we can bring into the sport by getting more knowledge out there the better. It's a tough situation because you could argue that the revenue earned from the ticket sales could be used to advertise and promote the sport. If it was up to me, i'd eliminate all the leagues (in the U.S.) except the PSP and the NPPL, add more events for each one, and allow open vendors for all events. Put the venues in major areas....THE NYC PSP... The Miami NPPL....you get the point, part of the problem with paintball is that fans or new people have a difficult time following the sport because lets face it, all the different leagues are not that easy to follow and understand if you don't really understand the sport, not to mention if you're not really involved in it in the first place.
this would be great.... but unfortunately politics within leagues and such will never let that happen.