PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 PM #1681
Murph1329

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
The girl that performed at Obama's inauguration was just shot dead in Chicago using a handgun.

If only Obama had banned rifles sooner, this may not have happened! Err, no wait.
am i a horrible person if....n/m thanks for sharing.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 05:11 PM #1682
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pope View Post
That is completely untrue. Guns are relatively simple things to manufacture, they are no more complex than any other mechanical device. Someone with basic machining capabilities and a drawing can produce a functioning firearm. You can obtain all the required skill at your local vocational school. They are not marvels modern of engineering. This is 150 year old technology.

It is done in illegal black market shops in countries like the Philipenes and Pakistan all the time.

They are no harder to smuggle than the giant bails of narcotics brought into this country daily.
(can't view video)
Really? Please, enlighten me to the numbers of guns made at home. I've yet to really see any gun that isn't part of a big company be used in any killing I've seen on TV. These guns would be unbranded and likely of an unfamiliar design. I don't believe there would be many people out there doing this. Gun trafficking is mainly done with manufactured guns.

Improvised firearms are normally single shot and of very poor quality; hardly something that would sell well in the black market. Please, show me some sources for the numbers of homemade guns in the black market and (more importantly) their share in the black market of firearms. I guarantee you they will be completely insignificant.

The vast majority of guns obtained illegally or done so by having a friend buy the gun legally, then buy the gun from said friend.

The homemade production of guns is nowhere near the amount of homemade drugs.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 PM #1683
Space Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
(can't view video)
Really? Please, enlighten me to the numbers of guns made at home. I've yet to really see any gun that isn't part of a big company be used in any killing I've seen on TV. These guns would be unbranded and likely of an unfamiliar design. I don't believe there would be many people out there doing this. Gun trafficking is mainly done with manufactured guns.

Improvised firearms are normally single shot and of very poor quality; hardly something that would sell well in the black market. Please, show me some sources for the numbers of homemade guns in the black market and (more importantly) their share in the black market of firearms. I guarantee you they will be completely insignificant.

The vast majority of guns obtained illegally or done so by having a friend buy the gun legally, then buy the gun from said friend.

They are not made at home in large numbers or used in the US because firearm ownership is legal and guns can be purchased legally. Once they become difficult to get they are brought in illegally from other countries or manufactured illegally like in the Philippines. My point is that you cannot eliminate the presence of firearms in the US. People will get them like they get anything else, and the supply will always be there because they are simply not difficult to make. At that point you have a supply of untraceable, cheap foreign guns, just like drugs.
Space Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:39 PM #1684
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
http://freebeacon.com/former-ceo-of-...limate-change/

Ban global warming

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit
slateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 PM #1685
Blake360

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...191804834.html

MSNBC gets exposed for false reporting.

"But MSNBC's clip of the exchange on Tuesday omitted Heslin's open challenge to the audience. The cable network segment included a graphic that read, “Mocked and Loaded: Sandy Hook Victim’s Father Heckled by Gun Rights Advocates," to hammer home the point."
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM #1686
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...191804834.html

MSNBC gets exposed for false reporting.

"But MSNBC's clip of the exchange on Tuesday omitted Heslin's open challenge to the audience. The cable network segment included a graphic that read, “Mocked and Loaded: Sandy Hook Victim’s Father Heckled by Gun Rights Advocates," to hammer home the point."
MSNBC always lies. Hell not to long ago they were talking about how the NRA gets most of their money from gun manufacturers....40 million to be exact. I guess they're ignoring the 140 million they get from their membership dues.

CNN is just as bad though. Before that hearing CNN's Dana Bash said that she conducted a study that was in no way scientific and found that most of the people in line were pro gun control, a poll that probably included the 10 people around her. CNN spent the rest of the day quoting that statement as fact.

Honeslty CNN has been pissing me off more than MSNBC lately. This past month CNN has been nothing but pro gun control activism. It's truely sickening. It's not news at all whenever they bring on someone with an opposing viewpoint they use the same old bully tactics; intimidate, harass, and belittle...that's all they do 24/7 on CNN. I don't see how anyone can stand to watch it for more than an hour.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 01-30-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 PM #1687
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

msnbc is the official liberal progressive news station

of course they're full of ****
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:41 AM #1688
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
but i thought gonzo said MSNBC was a great source?! D:

silly leftists!!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 AM #1689
$h@key J0nEZ
The South Will Rise Again

Ban journalists.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:39 AM #1690
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
(can't view video)

What's interesting is right now there are several people working out the kinks in 3D printed AR lower receivers(which is the firearm, everything else is just parts), and while so far they have proved to have a pretty short lifespan, I have no doubt a few redesigns and material changes will greatly extend that, making them durable enough for criminal use.

Homemade firearms can be more than just crappy single shot .22's

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 01-31-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:00 AM #1691
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
This is actually a proven fact. Murders and violent crime have dropped 50% over the past 20 years, and gun ownership has gone up during that same time period.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...es/10tbl01.xls

Don't you hate it when the statistics prove you wrong?
Yes, but I really hate it when correlation equals causation
Old 01-31-2013, 08:08 AM #1692
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Yes, but I really hate it when correlation equals causation
It has been said, numerous times, that there is no correlation between gun control laws and violent crime statistics in this country. For every example there is an opposite example.

Hence why more gun control is not a good thing. If there is nothing to show that restricting a right will have an overwhelming positive effect on society, then there is no reason to even consider restricting that right. This goes for all of them, not just guns.

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit
slateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 AM #1693
chodeyg
sprezzatura

I agree which is why I don't think any more weapons should be banned. I think background checks should be mandatory for all purchases and mental healthcare should be more available (and preferably separated from our prisons so we stop training the mentally ill to be criminals).
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 AM #1694
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
So you want me to ask permission from the government/pay the government to give a family heirloom to my son.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 AM #1695
Iamamartianchurch

What is the criteria for deeming some one mentally unfit to own a weapon?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:23 AM #1696
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Apparently it is "not like everyone else"
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 AM #1697
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Apparently it is "not like everyone else"
I can imagine some pencil dick bureaucrat would reject a hell of a lot of applicants who look even slightly rural.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 AM #1698
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I can imagine some pencil dick bureaucrat would reject a hell of a lot of applicants who look even slightly rural.
LOL

Herein lies the problems inherent with a system of mental health checks. The medical community is torn over a **** ton of mental health issues, so how could we possibly expect a bureaucratic agency to be objective with such a moving target?
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 AM #1699
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

What about those highly functioning autistic adults who work in engineering firms and universities? They have a "disease", yet are valued members of society. Do we allow them to own firearms?

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM #1700
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
What about those highly functioning autistic adults who work in engineering firms and universities? They have a "disease", yet are valued members of society. Do we allow them to own firearms?
Intelligence =/= mental stability.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM #1701
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
What is the criteria for deeming some one mentally unfit to own a weapon?
you make the homeland security list...basically some politician gets to decide

you question a politican or associate with the tea party or occupy movement you make the list. This is really where i see all this going. Everyone gets a label and every label is on the list.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic

Last edited by Murph1329 : 01-31-2013 at 10:55 AM.