Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM #43
batmite10
get out of my cave...

batmite10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
batmite10 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah man pews make awesome bunkers. The tabernacle is the flag.

Honestly. You want a field so bad buy land, and build it. Don't have a job? Don't get pissy, because someone else won't front the land or cash for your own personal field.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM #44
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
If it is all about getting the kids in the Church involved in extracurricular activities, why not just take them on a trip to a nearby paintball field?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM #45
BALLSOHARD!
Just a Balla' on a Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnemy2 View Post
Nerdcore, that would be a good idea, actually, but unfortunately, i recently got laid off of my job, and so, i don't have the spare means to purchase such equipment.
Congrats your still a dumb@$$ ..... I wouldn't want u
To work from me either..... How bout instead of complaining about " improper" footwear and about sliding around on the grass.. .....( because your so fuggin professional????) ....get off your a$$ and quit whining about how " churches piss you off " ...... You just proved yourself to pb nation that your a fuggin idiot! Congrats!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 PM #46
rexisme

has been a member for 10 years
rexisme supports DLX Technology
OP, I can't afford the points to really tell you how "smart" you are.

Seriously, I wouldn't take a person like you seriously at all. You are a typical sponge on society. Go get your unemployment check now.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 PM #47
pbnemy2

so, YOU enjoy people promising you something, and then either lie to you, or just plain fail to acknowledge your offer, as being serious at all? guess what? I DON'T tolerate that kind of slap n the face!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 AM #48
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
so, YOU enjoy people promising you something, and then either lie to you, or just plain fail to acknowledge your offer, as being serious at all? guess what? I DON'T tolerate that kind of slap n the face!
It is business. You are taking it way too personally.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 AM #49
harbinger626
pump happy

harbinger626 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
harbinger626 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
harbinger626 supports Team VICIOUS
harbinger626 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
if they will not speak to you simply take your idea else where if its that important to you honestly it is disrespectful to promise an audience with people and then blow it off but if that is the way things go then there is not much you can do to change that people are as people are
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost93 View Post
It is business. You are taking it way too personally.
it sounds like a mix of business and a misplaced feeling of disrespect
t=3884848[/url],spy sunglasses
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77080177
ion project
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3964188
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 AM #50
pbnemy2

Harbinger, yes i do understand that it is best to just walk away, and i do, but i still have feelings, and i do get angry at being disregarded, thus the reason for my posting this thread, to just get people to also post, any experiences with being slighted by property owners, after giving them the respect of talking t them seriously.

Last edited by pbnemy2 : 01-31-2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 01-31-2013, 06:28 AM #51
pbnemy2

dps093, that's the point of my talking to their activity director, to give them a cheaper/free alternative, to the price of a pay field.

actually, this is what i would really like to do with a pball field, but since paint is messy, i can't use these kepi's, in a game.

Last edited by pbnemy2 : 01-31-2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: added text/pic
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 AM #52
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
Bottom line; its THEIR property they can do with it as they wish. If you have the demeanor you're portraying here maybe they think your some wack job. Maybe they're trying to let you down easy or hoping you go away.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:20 AM #53
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
HeatedNubbycake has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
To the OP. you are a moron. Not only is it disrespectful to single out a specific organization (this being "churches") but it is also incredibly disrespectful that you are so outraged by this that you need to publicly announce that they are in the wrong.

Let me just assure you that this has nothing to do with my faith, i am not a christian, i do not go to any sort of church for any religion. Just because someone has a nice property does not mean that they are willing to drop 1000's of dollars in equipment, zoning, and taxes so that a few people can play some paintball on weekends. in fact. having a nice property is more a deterrent then promoter. It is not a matter of them not wanting YOU to play. it is a matter of not wanting all of there **** destroyed, and the possibility of an accident. You do realize that the church would most likely be sued for an injury resulting from playing paintball on a sanctioned field on their property correct? now im sure everyone that attends that church would be pretty pissed off if they got sued.

So just chill out, dont be so hostile about it. besides everything everyone has already posted. its illegal to just throw up a paintball field willy nilly wherever youd like to put it up. if you do not know what Zoning laws are look it up. there are special rules and regulations that govern the installment of any venue, and paintball is not exempt.

BTW: im with the rest of the PBN population on this one, your fighting a losing battle. and if your this mad about something so minutely, so incredibly insignificant, im glad you live across the country from me... because i dont know that id feel comfortable when you have a gun.

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.

Last edited by HeatedNubbycake : 01-31-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:03 AM #54
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
I promise I'm not homeless! Look at all my hats!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 AM #55
batmite10
get out of my cave...

Woah dude you are taking it too personally. You realize the church probably has way more important things to take care of then a paintball field. This isn't even a losing battle. It isn't a battle at all. You need to calm down.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 AM #56
pbnemy2

you guys, seriously? i already stated, that i wouldn't be upset with churches, youth centers, for outright refusals. it's the ones that PROMISE to TALK TO ME about it later, but don't. THAT'S why i get angry with them.

Rex, are you kidding me? do you seriously think that i take a hostile attitude, to their doorstep, and try to basically bully my way, into their trust? man, you're REALLY not paying attention to this thread, are you?

Last edited by pbnemy2 : 01-31-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: punctuation error/forgotten text
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 AM #57
batmite10
get out of my cave...

Hey. Like I said paintball fields probably aren't on their list of priorities. They do have day to day business to deal with, and other programs to take care of. Getting all hostile on pbnation is pointless. Like we told you; its their land, and they can ignore you all they want. Move on, and find somewhere else. Stewing and getting pissed about it does nothing.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:08 AM #58
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
As someone who has been Catholic his whole life, and has been involved in numerous other types of religious churches/organizations, I know how many problems Churches have to deal with just within their organization, or just to stay around. Would paintball next to a Church be awesome? Yes, it would be, but at the same time, there are other ways to get kids involved in activities, or paintball. Like I said earlier, if it's all about getting the kids involved, take them on a trip to a local paintball field once a month or something after Church or whatever, and play.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM #59
Igotaevo
Payson Hotshots

Igotaevo plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by r90t View Post
A mega-church in the Phoenix area actually set a up a field and runs it every Saturday as an outreach to the youth players, as well as adults. Well run, don't put up with crap from the players (cheating/cussing) and keep it a family atmosphere.

I think players realize they are guests of the church and play more respectful. I always take my stuff to Phoenix to hit up that field when I am on vacatioin.
You're talking about the Church field in Mesa, right?

They were shut down about 7 months ago for not having the proper zoning, permits, or insurance plan. In addition, Mark from Vanguard was a shady dude in general.

Trust me, behind closed doors that is a sketchy organization as a whole, and most people didn't/don't realize that.

In my opinion, paintball and church should be separated by a thick wall

Hell, come to think of it, church and EVERYTHING should be separate, but that's just me...

Last edited by Igotaevo : 01-31-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 PM #60
pbnemy2

if the church wasn't trying to make money from it, then the city/county should have minded their own damn business.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:48 PM #61
batmite10
get out of my cave...

Haha. You are so naive. Just because you're not making money from it doesn't mean you don't have to follow local, state, and federal laws. You make yourself sound so dumb on here. It's no wonder the church isn't taking you seriously.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:52 PM #62
SKI008

plays in the NXL
So...you're angry that someone with nice land will not give it to you? Why are we supposed to share your outrage? Yeah it sucks they said "we'll talk about it" and then they didn't but I'm finding it hard to sympathize when your entire reason for this outrage is "They said they might maybe possibly let me use their land and then they decided they didn't want to let me use their land after all". You're being a child. Get your own land or find somewhere else to play.

I wouldn't want anyone setting a paintball field up on my land if I had some. Yeah some water makes the paint splats go away but there's also the huge amount of trash in the form of paintboxes and the shells from the balls and the lawn getting torn up (even without cleats it's going to get torn up from people running on it) not to mention the very expensive bunkers, nets, and liability insurance.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:22 PM #63
Igotaevo
Payson Hotshots

Igotaevo plays in the PSP
Quote:
if the church wasn't trying to make money from it, then the city/county should have minded their own damn business.
I know, right? Who needs stupid building codes? Building in a retention basin is a solid idea, the last flash flood was weeks ago!

**** it, put those telephone poles in the ground 4 feet deep, that should hold them. Why would an engineer say differently?

Taxes? Nah, it's a business expense and we're paid in cash so it's all good

Medical insurance? Nah, that EMT who plays here is our medical insurance

Please don't reproduce
Closed Thread