Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-07-2006, 07:28 PM #22
paintballonaim (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k6Unleashed
This idea came to me lately,and while I have no idea how practical it is in real life application, it looks decent on paper.

Our enlistment for troops is declining, and the war is becoming more and more unpopular. Unless president Bush issues a draft, or keeps recalling soldiers who have already served, we will find ourselves out of troops or overstretched.

The second issue, of the idea I will present, is going to solve the war on Immigration in the mainland.

IDEA: We could allow those immigrants who wish to become United States Citizens, to "purchase" citizenship by enlisting in the military service stationed in Iraq for a term of 4 years.

tl;dr Let illegal mexicans in the army.

Good idea - but it'll never work (sadly). Immigrants (for the most part) just want to get over here, but they would be the first to run in a firefight. Why? Because after not being able to trust their government, why trust ours?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2006, 08:40 PM #23
ThePhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballonaim
Good idea - but it'll never work (sadly). Immigrants (for the most part) just want to get over here, but they would be the first to run in a firefight. Why? Because after not being able to trust their government, why trust ours?
well... yes and no... I mean they would have to get payed a large sum to fight in our army.. why? becasue thats why they come here to work.. to send money back to their family.....

and they CAN get into the US for free and without the risk of dieing and make more money than someone in the army.....
Old 10-08-2006, 04:17 AM #24
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenix
well... yes and no... I mean they would have to get payed a large sum to fight in our army.. why? becasue thats why they come here to work.. to send money back to their family.....

and they CAN get into the US for free and without the risk of dieing and make more money than someone in the army.....
Non documented immigrants have forever fought in the army. They enlist, gain their citizenship, and education is provided.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 10-08-2006, 05:46 PM #25
AutoMaggot

AutoMaggot is a Moderator
Foreign Legion style.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:01 PM #26
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

If the people of our country aren't willing to fight a war, how is it in the best interest of our country to just send someone else in to fight it for us?

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
Old 10-08-2006, 06:02 PM #27
travis2k2rf

travis2k2rf is a Supporting Member
It would probably create more problems than it would solve. We would have hundreds of thousands or even millions of people applying to the military and we would have to expand the defense budget by ridiculous amounts. What would we do with all the people that don't make the entrance requirements? What do these people do after they are out of the military?

I am not trying to bash your idea, at the simplest form its fairly good and I kinda like it, there is just a lot of headaches it could/would create.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:08 PM #28
AutoMaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy
If the people of our country aren't willing to fight a war, how is it in the best interest of our country to just send someone else in to fight it for us?
Yeah, pretty much.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:14 PM #29
AR55
conch shell warrior

AR55 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy
Mercenaries much?
Old 10-08-2006, 06:17 PM #30
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR55
Mercenaries much?
There are quite a few in Iraq right now.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:18 PM #31
AutoMaggot

Private Security Companies... please. Not mercenaries.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:28 PM #32
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMaggot
Private Security Companies... please. Not mercenaries.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:30 PM #33
ThePhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses
Non documented immigrants have forever fought in the army. They enlist, gain their citizenship, and education is provided.
you cant enlist unless your a citizen..... what are you saying?

and thats the problem with the idea
A, they dont want to enlist they want to make money and send it back to there family.

B, the US is then gowing to have to educate almost all of them.... and that costs money and take a lot of time
Old 10-08-2006, 08:00 PM #34
caseytmev3

Quote:
you cant enlist unless your a citizen..... what are you saying?

Actually, you can.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:06 PM #35
LoneGunner13

Old 10-08-2006, 11:13 PM #36
spyder_dude
shred

This is the perfect solution. Send all the mexicans to fight wars
Old 10-11-2006, 01:43 PM #37
ssa
Pump Paintball 4 Life

Map lacks the funnies.

Back in the day most everyone had some sort of military experience; I say we bring that back. How can someone participate in the democratic process and argue over points of freedom without ever having stepped forward to defend these ideals? Nothin like the military to teach ppl to appreciate what we have. Even if its just for 4 years, I beleive that as a citizen, everyone should be in government service sometime, because we have a duty to our country to help run and defend it. We shouldnt have to rely on Mexicans for anything and I'm sick and tired of all these brown-nosing stuck up Harvard and UVA types who look down on our troops as if they were the scum of the Earth. Even if you don't agree with the Iraq war, have some respect because these people are risking their lives trying to protect America from harm. Whether the Iraq is doing that is up to debate which isnt the topic here. Anyone else here agree with this or I am just too old-fashoined?
Old 10-11-2006, 02:25 PM #38
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
but i like Cuba....... my question is why do we still have an embargo on Cuba..... i mean its how many years later...
Because of political leverage. Republicans get the cuban-american vote in Florida because they keep the embargo up on castro.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."

Last edited by NorCalBaller88 : 10-11-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:43 PM #39
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssa
Back in the day most everyone had some sort of military experience; I say we bring that back. How can someone participate in the democratic process and argue over points of freedom without ever having stepped forward to defend these ideals? Nothin like the military to teach ppl to appreciate what we have. Even if its just for 4 years, I beleive that as a citizen, everyone should be in government service sometime, because we have a duty to our country to help run and defend it. We shouldnt have to rely on Mexicans for anything and I'm sick and tired of all these brown-nosing stuck up Harvard and UVA types who look down on our troops as if they were the scum of the Earth. Even if you don't agree with the Iraq war, have some respect because these people are risking their lives trying to protect America from harm. Whether the Iraq is doing that is up to debate which isnt the topic here. Anyone else here agree with this or I am just too old-fashoined?
I completely disagree. The draft, or some version of it, is a horrible idea. What it comes down to is the following question: Who owns your life? If the answer is that the individual owns his or her life, then a draft is a huge violation of our fundamental rights. If the answer is that the state owns your life, then I don't want to live in a country where the individual isn't in control of his own destiny.

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:41 AM #40
ssa
Pump Paintball 4 Life

no, no..i wasn't talking about a draft...I was simply hoping that somehow our citizens would become more patriotic and help either run or defend our country instead of just sitting there and complaining. Everyone needs to be more involved in politics and be more aware of issues so that they can make their own judgements. I would in no way support a draft unless WW3 broke out and our homeland was threatened.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:46 AM #41
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1
I completely disagree. The draft, or some version of it, is a horrible idea. What it comes down to is the following question: Who owns your life? If the answer is that the individual owns his or her life, then a draft is a huge violation of our fundamental rights. If the answer is that the state owns your life, then I don't want to live in a country where the individual isn't in control of his own destiny.
I've been wrestling with this issue for a long time.

On one hand, I would absolutely hate to be drafted. My dad was a vietnam draftee, and is adamently anti-war and draft. I see where he's coming from, and can't discount his experiance.

But on the other hand, having a draft would increase accountability for those making decisions in washington. After vietnam it became obvious that we couldn't pull off a war of ideologies using a conscripted army. Having a conscripted army now would mean more acountability for the injustices done over sea's, and I think we would be much more apprehensive with getting involved like we are now in Iraq.

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package