neither are tacticool enough 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2013, 06:18 PM #1
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

has been a member for 10 years
jeryzkid22 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Too cool for Magfed Poll?

I was planning on attending a magfed only game by me but I have recently been turned off by the whole concept of it due to my friends not being allowed to use their CCM SR-1 and DSG shotgun markers at the event. I'm just curious if other magfed events across the country ban those two marker too!
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2013, 05:13 AM #2
vijil

What the heck - what event was that? Were they sponsored by specific companies? If anything those markers would be disadvantaged rather than making things at all unfair.

Last edited by vijil : 08-21-2013 at 05:22 AM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:15 AM #3
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Ninja Paintball
I don't get it when fields put on a mag fed event and don't allow stock class pumps, it should focus on all limited ammo capacity not the type of limited feed, all they are doing is making the games smaller. Mag fed is still a small niche in paintball and can't on its own fill a field for a larger game.

If you're going to allow a DAM which can empty a 20 round magazine in 2 seconds on full auto why not a pump that only holds 10 rounds and probably won't be auto triggered?

Last edited by sambob117 : 08-21-2013 at 06:18 AM.
sambob117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:20 AM #4
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

It's the Cell Team Six game part 2 coming up in September that I'm talking about. I still might go but I want to get a guarantee that they will be using Valken Grafitti or Redemption this time.

A couple of my buddies wanted to get the SR-1 achievement by taking out a SAR12 player.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:05 PM #5
dblj44
Delta Paintball Team

dblj44 supports DLX Technology
I can understand the DSG since we can't run a stick feed. The SR1 is a bolt action marker that has to be hand fed, that is plain crazy.

:Sponsors:
GOG Paintball | DLX Paintball | Scenario Superstore
Fogtech | Delta Paintball Productions
"Should I try a little spit? That usually helps things out with my girlfriend but we are talking paintball here so I'm not to sure." -Caderade
dblj44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:08 PM #6
Reloadro
Phantom Lords

i'm fine with any type of stick-fed or cram n jam pump, or bolt action marker. im also fine with the dsg...max capacity is the 17-round feed, right? not a big deal. i feel like pump and magfed players have an extremely similar mindset. i'm less fine with tac caps than any of these stock class-ish markers.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:34 PM #7
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

We are allowed to use the sr-1 now! Praise to baby jesus!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:04 PM #8
Reloadro
Phantom Lords

so what was the deal with the paint at the first one? j
Old 08-21-2013, 08:14 PM #9
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
so what was the deal with the paint at the first one? j
It was low end gi paint, didnt work the best if you like hitting targets by aiming.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 PM #10
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

No DSGs?
What a dumb event.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:00 PM #11
drewkroeker

If they are adamant about having only magfed guns, they are taking the game too seriously in my opinion. I can understand that people want to go out and play paintball without getting lit up. I can also see the appeal of using equipment that looks and feels similar to actual firearms. I just don't get why they would exclude people whose equipment has similar or even less fire rate/ammo capacity.

If a bunch of magfed players got their panties in a twist about me using my 10-round springfeed, then they are too uptight and I wouldn't want to play with them either.
drewkroeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 PM #12
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Where is definition of "mag-fed' even coming from?
A Winchester 1873 or a Remington 870 are still undeniably magazine-fed firearms, even though their magazines are integral to their construction.
I suppose if the promoters had to specify "detachable vertical magazines that superficially resemble those used in Glocks and AR-type rifles only" their unnecessarily specific marker construction rules would be more apparently senseless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewkroeker View Post
If a bunch of magfed players got their panties in a twist about me using my 10-round springfeed, then they are too uptight and I wouldn't want to play with them either.
Amen.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:31 PM #13
8WhiteBoy8
Paintball Sponge

8WhiteBoy8 is BST Trusted
8WhiteBoy8 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
8WhiteBoy8 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hell, a hopper is a magazine. Go argue that semantic at a mag-fed game if they want to get super picky.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:42 PM #14
vijil

In paintball I suppose we have a slightly different definition by default. A mag for us is a paintball storage device mounted on the marker that is entirely removed and replaced when you want to reload - not just refilled.

That said it can't be treated as a hard and fast rule unless you're deliberately playing non milsim magfed. If it's milsim you really need to be allowing things like the DSG in the spirit of the game.

Speaking of non milsim magfed, I'd actually really like to try airball magfed.

Last edited by vijil : 08-21-2013 at 10:47 PM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:45 PM #15
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8WhiteBoy8 View Post
Hell, a hopper is a magazine. Go argue that semantic at a mag-fed game if they want to get super picky.
I wouldn't go that far.

I think the accepted mechanical/firearm definitions of "hopper" and "magazine" are useful in paintball as well.
When a magazine is engaged, all projectiles are under spring tension no matter where they sit in the stack.

In a hopper, meanwhile, only the lower portion of the projectiles are being agitated or impelled (if at all) while the upper portion is fed and indexed by gravity.

This works fine for paintball as well because the entire point of mag-fed play, at least in my mind, is to lead to a more limited paint play style because reloading is slower and/or complicated than simply dumping more paint into the top of the hopper.

Last edited by The Inflicted : 08-21-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:12 AM #16
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

I know little about real firearms but I like to play paintball and the more people with the limited paint style of play equals a great time!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:42 PM #17
paintman161

It came down to the first event where people were using hoppers and tac caps. I would consider a DSG and any rifle to be magfed. They imitate the real deal- DSG you need to re-load one round at a time, same with any rifle platform. The first game got out of control with tac caps and smaller hoppers.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM #18
splatthetick

We do pump/pistol only games...open class pumps welcome! Good peeps with good attitudes makes for great play! I run pistols first until they need cleaning...switch to Phantom, SC/RF open, for the rest of the day.
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote