PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-10-2011, 08:26 PM #1
TheChozenOne

TheChozenOne owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
5 Man Help Please

Hey guys,
So me and my team are about to do our first 5 man and im looking for some tips. So far our plan is to send 1 guy into snake and 1 guy to snake corner, 1 guy to dorito and 1 guy to dorito corner, and one guy will stay home off break then bump somewhere. So I was wondering if we should change something, or if we keep that break out what should our secondaries be? Should the snake corner bump into snake once the first guy in snake moves up, and where should the other people go? Also, what sort of drills should we run for 5 man? 2 on 1's, snap shooting, or what?

Thanks for reading!
Zephyrpaintball.com
Paintballpunks.com
Parrish Services
TheChozenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2011, 08:38 PM #2
DENNI740

Your breakout plan is good but don't have the back corner bump into snake after the other guy bumps up a knuckle unless he shoots down tape the whole time.
DENNI740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:13 PM #3
Pinoy Monstar (Banned)

Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pinoy Monstar is for the Gunfight
Pinoy Monstar supports Sherwood Forest
Your breakout is a basic breakout but when playing you should have mulitple ones to keep the other team guessing. You dont always got to have a dorito corner, that guy can go somewhere up the middle. For snake our team does put the snake corner in snake when the front snake player actually moves up but it depends on your style of play. Our team is very agreesive on the doritos and thats why our snake corner (me) goes into snake, we push up alot on snake and when i do end up going in snake i always watch the tape and the front snake player always watches inside untill i give him a code word where he just gets up and runs the tape and i slide into his position.

All i can say more is get more breakout plans that keep other teams guessing but always have someone in snake and at snake corner either by going their directly or having the corner guy go there on a delay or untill the snake player moves up to the second knuckle. the snake player should always look down tape untill he gets to the second knuckle where he looks inside and snake corner will guard his tape.

Good luck with your team
Pinoy Monstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:36 PM #4
AaronGPB

AaronGPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AaronGPB supports Pev's Paintball
AaronGPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you post a layout it would help us help you.
AaronGPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:39 AM #5
manwee
Explosive Kittens

manwee supports Team VICIOUS
Snake corner should never be going into the snake. If the snake player dies it is the centers job to fill it. The break out you have is standard but you can always mix it up a bit. maybe have your corner guys delay and lane from back center for a couple of seconds then bump out to the corners or have someone push up the center hard. If its race-to then youll need more than one break out definatly. In a NPPL type format you can get away with one breakout until you start playing good teams.

"Are they my balls all over your face?"
Karma Police 12 - "OMG IT has the worlds first ever SLPR (super-low pressure lpr) cause its gonna run at negative psi. worlds first ever anti-matter marker."
SquareDorito,"I shoot and it's going right at them, then the wind comes in and is like LOL JK!!"
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
lucasicool is my best friend. I call him Rocky
manwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:07 PM #6
TheChozenOne

Thanks for all the tips so far guys, keep them coming!
Zephyrpaintball.com
Paintballpunks.com
Parrish Services
Old 04-11-2011, 04:46 PM #7
TheChozenOne

Also, how many guns should we have up off the breaK? I was thinking 3
Zephyrpaintball.com
Paintballpunks.com
Parrish Services
Old 04-11-2011, 05:53 PM #8
cngpballer
Not failure, Epic Failure

cngpballer supports Team VICIOUS
cngpballer supports Sherwood Forest
cngpballer posts videos on PbNation
cngpballer supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChozenOne View Post
Also, how many guns should we have up off the breaK? I was thinking 3
As many as possible. Depends on the layout.
Need EKK gear? I got it! Pm me for details
F/S/T Grills. Bring me flex's or profits.
cngpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:24 PM #9
Pinoy Monstar (Banned)

Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pinoy Monstar is for the Gunfight
Pinoy Monstar supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by cngpballer View Post
As many as possible. Depends on the layout.
Agreed depends on layout and such i would say 4 with 2 staying at home and laning and other 2 gunning to their bunkers, depending on layout snake guy go directly into snake.
Pinoy Monstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:38 PM #10
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
never actually done tourney play but i have helped guys at my local field do drills and such. 2 on 1's are a must. i've never played tourneys but the guys at my field are on a D3 team and i always tell em to play like its the last game and it means going home or going to sunday, and i cannot express how many 2 on 1's i've been put in. 3 on 1's maybe it's not as likely but still a yes in my book. as for snap shooting watch dynasty dysected and adapt their one balling technique to a usual snap fight. helps with accuracy, hand-eye, and reaction time. as far as cardio and sprints. run a couple miles every other day. and do suicides with the team after a 30 minute cool down (don't forget to stretch before and after the run lol), helps to push your self and keep motivated!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 PM #11
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew

CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
Most important is not to overextend, if your snake isn't the fastest don't run him directly into snake just to get him blown up on the way. The same goes for all the breakout runners, small bites are ok especially if it means everybody gets in alive. Delay runners are good if you stay home and gun lanes and get a g, then push that side.
Also once you have layout make sure you have crossing shots on all opposing bunkers.
It's a game of real estate but all the land doesn't mean anything if you can't profit off owning it. So it's important to get in alive and take small bumps.
Watch anything that Matty Marshall announces i.e. PSP Galveston or NPPL HB
CharlieFox01 is offline   Reply With Quote