Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 08:52 AM #463
GrimSlayer

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
GrimSlayer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
GrimSlayer plays in the APPA D3 division
Yea, I'm a sucker for private label milling and had been wanting to pick up another vanquish for awhile now. When the TWSTR dropped knew I had to grab one. Didn't get the anno scheme I was hoping for, but the guns freakin beautiful.

Have only shot a pod and a half through the my new vanquish, but man is the new V16 engine SMOOTH. Feel like it's already smoother than my TWSTR CS1... Really looking forward to putting it through its paces this Sunday at my teams practice. I'll let you know what I think of it some more after I've played with it.

Old Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2017, 11:57 PM #464
sup'mango
Dallas

is playing at Dead Legends
sup'mango supports Team VICIOUS
sup'mango supports Shocker RSX
sup'mango supports Ninja Paintball
Twister axe. ONLY gun ive ever sold and immediately bought another because I missed it so much. The original axe without a foregrip extender and boss bolt is hands down the best gun I've ever owned. I've owned 5 in the past couple months a ripper, twister, dark, vicious, and another twister. They are the easiest gun I've ever worked on. Only one I can diagnose and strip down in seconds

Absolutely hated the cs1, lv1, and recent Dye guns
Old 02-18-2017, 10:18 AM #465
GrimSlayer

plays in the NXL
I'll agree with you sup,mango, the axe platform is fantastic. Really miss my Vicious Axe I sold to a friend last year. Been thinking about buying it back from him if he's still go it.

Once axes are tuned they shoot phenomenal. I will admit though, the trigger frame is not the most comfortable.

Old Feedback
Old 02-18-2017, 12:53 PM #466
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
I feel the same way about the Clone 5. All the vital components are collected all near each other. The HPR is built into the trigger frame, the frame itself is wireless, the bolt is extremely easy to maintain and relatively easy to diagnose. The eyes are the only thing that branch out. The foregrip you can remove and lose nothing crucial to the build. There is hardly anything to adjust expect maybe Dwell and your velocity.

The Clone 5 is a pleasure in that it's just a simple machine that works. The gold bolt reduces kick and makes it somewhat smoother compared to other markers, it's efficient, and the ergonomics provide a great base for comfort and accuracy. I'm not the biggest fan of the barrel only because I consider it loud, but the insert system is very solid and people say it's very accurate in terms of bore size.

The Axe is legit though, it's proven and I think it shoots great. I'd have no problem if that was the only marker I had.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:41 PM #467
GrimSlayer

plays in the NXL
For anyone who's interested in the Vanquish V16 engine upgrade, I can attest it brings the Vanquish to another level. Just going to be brief with my thoughts on it as I've only used it once and put two cases on the engine through my TWSTR Vanquish.

Obviously nothing has changed with the gun other than the engine, so you still have the great ergonomics, LED board, easy one allen key disassembly on everything and everything else that makes the Vanquish great. In my case a nice splash and some sexy milling. I'll have to take some photos and post them up here so you guys can marvel at Boston Paintball's TWSTR milling on the vanquish.

The engine itself is great, still a very similar break down of the old Vanquish engine. The shot on the V16 engine is remarkable though, there is hardly any kick when shooting this new engine. That's the one thing that's astounded me since I picked it up. Way smoother than my well broken in TWSTR CS1 (70k+ shots) and my well broken in Geo 3.5 (100k+ shots) which is incredible for a gun that is not even broken in yet. Shot so well a teammate of mine went out and bought a Vanquish 2.0 and a V16 engine the next day. I was shooting Empire Heat the day I used it so I cannot speak on accuracy and consistency yet as the paint I was shooting was terrible. A lot of dimples and oblong balls. So consistency and accuracy was pretty off, was still easy to hit targets when the paint was flying straight due to the great ergonomics and super smooth shot. Efficiency was great, but I've not truly tested this yet. Just spitballing but typically had my tank filled to 3.5k and had a little under 1.5k in my tank after shooting 5 pods and a hopper. Again no valid proof on these numbers so take it with a grain of salt, but the gun satisfies my efficiency needs.

The gun fits like an old glove if you are used to Vanquishs and shoots even better than the Vanquish ever has. I'm looking forward to putting it through even more tests and have a couple tournaments to use it in the next two weeks. Considering Vanquishes are selling from anywhere between $300-600 for 1.5's and 2.0's and the V16 engine is only $200, you can get a great shooting gun at a steal of a price.

Old Feedback

Last edited by GrimSlayer : 02-23-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:00 PM #468
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
That would indicate that the new Vanquish core, which is extremely similar to the Luxe ICE core, is capable of shooting over a case of paint out of whatever tank size you're using. Are you sure about that?

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
Old 02-23-2017, 01:37 PM #469
GrimSlayer

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
That would indicate that the new Vanquish core, which is extremely similar to the Luxe ICE core, is capable of shooting over a case of paint out of whatever tank size you're using. Are you sure about that?
I was using my 77/4500 Ninja SL. Like I stated, I was not testing for efficiency and was filling my tank up in between points if I had shot most of my pods. I'm sure my numbers are off. I was probably having close to 1.5k in my tank left over after a 3.5k fill. Again I was not testing for this and have never cared much for efficiency as long as I can shoot 8 pods and a hopper with no issues. I will say though, it does seem more efficient than the previous Vanquish engine and my friends Luxe ICE I've used. Luxe ICE was using a 68/4500 tank, when I played with it for a day.

So excuse my Bro science on the efficiency numbers, I'll edit my post to not mislead anyone on the efficiency numbers.

Old Feedback

Last edited by GrimSlayer : 02-23-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:13 PM #470
pakk

I get about 1000 shots from a 4.3k fill and get down to about 1k on the gauge.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:27 PM #471
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Alright... I'm gonna figure out how I'm going to get a Vanquish GT now. No one in my area has one unless I go down and see Rocky Knuth in Oregon. I've said it before, just looking at how it was designed has some really cool features. It seems like a straightforward design for a high end, which is the direction I like. People say it looks ugly, but I think it looks good in the all black, a mixture of matte and gloss. Plus, at the end of the day if it works for you and gets the job done, that's what matters most.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:50 PM #472
GrimSlayer

plays in the NXL
I think you'll like the Vanquish with the V16 engine Noa. The ergonomics are very similar to the Clone 5 and the shot is very similar to the Luxe ICE which seem to be two of your favorite guns. The features on the Vanquish have always been pretty nice IMO. They just suffered from being finicky guns if not taken care of with the old Vanquish engine, from what I've heard the V16 completely resolves those finicky issues.

I'd just recommend picking up a Vanquish 2.0 or 1.5 used and purchase the V16 engine as well. Will save you a good bit of money compared to buying new. I'd let you try my gun out if you lived in the southeast instead of the northwest lol

Old Feedback
Old 02-25-2017, 05:53 AM #473
Noa Bo
Igtofts

I'll keep an eye out for the right deal for sure.

Now I'm about 5 hours away from a big tournament and I brought several markers with me. Sounds like I'll need efficiency this event so I am left to decide between the Clone 5, LVR, and the CSR. The Cyborg 6 hasn't been broken in enough and the Ice I'm not sure of yet either. The last Ice I had was thirsty, and I'm pretty sure I'll need more paint this time.

The M2 is a no go. Not efficient enough and the shot aims real low for me. So we'll see. I think I may try the Clone 5... hope it doesn't jinx me.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:10 PM #474
alexpntbll
FREE AGENT from NJ

alexpntbll owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
I got your Answer RIGHT HERREE@@@

just buy all the guns you want and DON'T SELL.

that being said I have bought and WILL NOT SELL:
vanquish 2.0
DM14XX
RSX
CYBORG 6
GI VICTUS
F5 oled g6r

All paired with SL tanks, Spire and some sweet barrel kits.

COMING SOON ... www.VS-TheWorld.com
Old 03-19-2017, 09:36 PM #475
alexpntbll
FREE AGENT from NJ

alexpntbll owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
I feel the same way about the Clone 5. All the vital components are collected all near each other. The HPR is built into the trigger frame, the frame itself is wireless, the bolt is extremely easy to maintain and relatively easy to diagnose. The eyes are the only thing that branch out. The foregrip you can remove and lose nothing crucial to the build. There is hardly anything to adjust expect maybe Dwell and your velocity.

The Clone 5 is a pleasure in that it's just a simple machine that works. The gold bolt reduces kick and makes it somewhat smoother compared to other markers, it's efficient, and the ergonomics provide a great base for comfort and accuracy. I'm not the biggest fan of the barrel only because I consider it loud, but the insert system is very solid and people say it's very accurate in terms of bore size.

The Axe is legit though, it's proven and I think it shoots great. I'd have no problem if that was the only marker I had.

I was just wondering... difference between the CLONE 5 and DRONE 2 with oled and gold bolt???

COMING SOON ... www.VS-TheWorld.com
Old 03-20-2017, 02:14 AM #476
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpntbll View Post
I was just wondering... difference between the CLONE 5 and DRONE 2 with oled and gold bolt???
Don't have any experience really with the Drone 2. Can't help ya, sorry.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:24 PM #477
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
oldmanian supports Bob Gurnsey
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Noa, how'd the tourney go?
"Originally posted by aarospoon13: Dodgy gauntlets are OP."
Old 03-23-2017, 01:19 AM #478
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanian View Post
Noa, how'd the tourney go?
2nd place. I regret the last game of the day. Had I of followed the coach's game plan 100%, we might've been able to play one more point and take 1st. I don't like to make excuses but I was playing while being awake for over 24 hours. In the end all of us played well and we'll try to take 1st place next time.

My Luxe Ice was not charged so I didn't use it. In its place I used the LVR, and about 80% of the way through the event I noticed some me weird drop off. I didn't risk it so I tried using my Clone 5s. It has a custom single trigger frame and I was kind of worried that the event organizer would not let me use it. No one in a authoritarian position said anything so I used it. Worked flawlessly the rest of the event.

Since the tournament I have been pretty much using the Ice and it's been flat out awesome. The more I use it the more I find things I like, such as milling, profile, ergonomics... just always finding new appreciation for what's always been present. No chopping paint, accurate, it's a machine. I've also started getting more accurate with it, starting to be able to predict where my ball is going to end up.

off topic, I want to get an Etha 2 and see what it can do.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:04 AM #479
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
oldmanian supports Bob Gurnsey
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Lol. 2nd place is pretty good for the level of awake you were after being up for a day.

I've got an etha2 and I'm a fan. I don't think it'll supplant high ends if you've already got one (or several) but I think it gives players on a budget a great foundation to grow in the sport. I've had mine at the field a few times and I've never felt like I was out gunned. I also think that the accessibility for doing custom bodies will lead to some cool stuff.

Of course I really appreciate the gamma core. I love the robustness and still having the ability to handle paint and be a flat smooth and efficient shot. As someone who loans markers out alot when I play, there's alot to be said for what the gamma core offers whatever it's wrapped in.
"Originally posted by aarospoon13: Dodgy gauntlets are OP."
Old 03-23-2017, 12:15 PM #480
Sheazer
Bi-Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post

off topic, I want to get an Etha 2 and see what it can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanian View Post

I've got an etha2 and I'm a fan. I don't think it'll supplant high ends if you've already got one (or several) but I think it gives players on a budget a great foundation to grow in the sport. I've had mine at the field a few times and I've never felt like I was out gunned. I also think that the accessibility for doing custom bodies will lead to some cool stuff.

Of course I really appreciate the gamma core. I love the robustness and still having the ability to handle paint and be a flat smooth and efficient shot. As someone who loans markers out alot when I play, there's alot to be said for what the gamma core offers whatever it's wrapped in.
Noa - I always appreciate reading your thoughts on guns, so get an Etha 2, I wanna see what ya think!

Oldmanian - Same goes for you man, enjoy reading your thoughts on various platforms.

I'm strongly considering an Etha 2. I no longer require/justify a pure high end and enjoy playing pump mostly. This season I'll be using my recently rebuilt 98 STO, however I want something more modern that is just no holds barred reliable. I get bad gearbag gnomes at times and nothing ruins a day of play (which are hard for me to get these days) like downed guns. So I want something I pull out, load up, turn on and rip it up if I need/desire to. The Etha seems to fit exactly what I'm looking for in the "backup" gun. I'm a bit torn between a used GTeK or a new Etha 2. I haven't purchased brand new in over a decade, so there's a bit of fun in that. I do like the looks of the GTeK quite a bit more than the Etha (however I don't hate it as much as some). So, within those parameters, what are your thoughts between the Etha 2 and a GTeK? I realize it's more about cosmetics, as they share a drive train so reliability and cold weather performance are going to be the same. I suppose trigger feel may be the biggest difference?

Old 03-23-2017, 01:24 PM #481
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheazer View Post
Noa - I always appreciate reading your thoughts on guns, so get an Etha 2, I wanna see what ya think!

Oldmanian - Same goes for you man, enjoy reading your thoughts on various platforms.

I'm strongly considering an Etha 2. I no longer require/justify a pure high end and enjoy playing pump mostly. This season I'll be using my recently rebuilt 98 STO, however I want something more modern that is just no holds barred reliable. I get bad gearbag gnomes at times and nothing ruins a day of play (which are hard for me to get these days) like downed guns. So I want something I pull out, load up, turn on and rip it up if I need/desire to. The Etha seems to fit exactly what I'm looking for in the "backup" gun. I'm a bit torn between a used GTeK or a new Etha 2. I haven't purchased brand new in over a decade, so there's a bit of fun in that. I do like the looks of the GTeK quite a bit more than the Etha (however I don't hate it as much as some). So, within those parameters, what are your thoughts between the Etha 2 and a GTeK? I realize it's more about cosmetics, as they share a drive train so reliability and cold weather performance are going to be the same. I suppose trigger feel may be the biggest difference?
External opinion but I actually think the Etha2 is the better way to go. The stock ASA is nicer, you are completely hoseless and you have the tooless battery access which is a handy feature. The bolt will take a little longer to get access to but that isn't something you should need to get to often while at the field. As far as triggers go, unless we are talking about the 160R, the triggers are pretty similar in quality (i.e. functional but not great). The 160Rs trigger is much akin to Eclipses high end triggers which I find excellent. If you can get over the Etha2s looks (which are sort of ugly), I personally feel it is the better route to go.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:45 PM #482
Sheazer
Bi-Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
External opinion but I actually think the Etha2 is the better way to go. The stock ASA is nicer, you are completely hoseless and you have the tooless battery access which is a handy feature. The bolt will take a little longer to get access to but that isn't something you should need to get to often while at the field. As far as triggers go, unless we are talking about the 160R, the triggers are pretty similar in quality (i.e. functional but not great). The 160Rs trigger is much akin to Eclipses high end triggers which I find excellent. If you can get over the Etha2s looks (which are sort of ugly), I personally feel it is the better route to go.
Thanks man. I'm pretty positive that's the route I will take. Appreciate hearing thoughts and input from you fellas.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:39 AM #483
LEX_BALLER 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheazer View Post
Thanks man. I'm pretty positive that's the route I will take. Appreciate hearing thoughts and input from you fellas.
If you can get your hands on an etha 2 or gtek or preferably both then do so. I was not too impressed by the ergonomics of the etha 2. The gteks ergonomics are fantastic though.
Closed Thread