PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-26-2006, 05:55 AM #1
maggot6

Bouncing Firefox...

I have the newest version of firefox, 1.5.0.3 or something crazy like that. Anyway, whenever I open up a new window of firefox, either when the computer has just started or searching the internet for hours, for some reason firefox "bounces". What happens is the address bar is sitting still, just the content I am viewing literally goes up and down. It bounces probably every half second as well. SOMETIMES if I switch tabs, it decides to stop and sometimes it doesn't. It is almost like it is playing with me.

I have uninstalled firefox, and reinstalled it and yet somehow it has kept my preset tabs and other information like it. So I was wondering if any of you knew how to completely uninstall it taking every bit of mozilla off the computer, so that when I get it again it wont friggin bounce. That, or explain as to how to get rid of the bouncing annoyance.

Thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2006, 07:24 AM #2
billybob

billybob is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Is it just firefox that does this or do you notice it on other programs as well?

My feedback
Old 05-26-2006, 07:31 AM #3
Darth Bagel
read. comprehend. post.

Darth Bagel is a Supporting Member
I'm betting it's more your keyboard/mouse that's doing this, which is probably what billybob is getting at as well.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:52 PM #4
maggot6

It only is happening on Firefox. But now that you (both) mention it, for some reason with my laptop Firefox wont use the scrolling feature touchpads have..And yet IE does......

Spring any ideas into heads?
Old 05-26-2006, 04:14 PM #5
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot6
It only is happening on Firefox. But now that you (both) mention it, for some reason with my laptop Firefox wont use the scrolling feature touchpads have..And yet IE does......

Spring any ideas into heads?

I had this problem also. You are going to have to update your driver on your touchpad. Do a search on firefoxs help section. Thats where I found it.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:18 PM #6
maggot6

I havent solved the problem yet, but thanks alot Ragin Cajun for steering me in the right direction!

edit

Grr...Updated driver and bouncing still exists...

Last edited by maggot6 : 05-26-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:38 PM #7
buttsecksmenowwant

How do you uninstall firefox completely anyways? I tryed removing every bit of it from my computer by going through Add/Remove Programs, and then I used the search to weed out the rest. I then downloaded and installed it again and it still had my Bookmarked tabs and history and everything.