Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-22-2016, 07:18 PM #1
Otnasir

Cci Phantom preasure creep

Hello all, I'm looking for help with my phantom.

I have noticed a significant spike in fps with my phantoms first shot, compared to shots fired quickly after.

Recently I purchased a gaged back to help me better understand what's going on with my gun. And my suspicions were confirmed.

The chambers pressure creeps up between shots. The amount and duration varies based on whether or not I use an inline reg or which tank output I use. However all combinations tried have allowed a significant creep in pressure. Even under the best case scenario the creep results in 50 - 100 psi in 1- 2 minute (20 fps).

Here's what I've tried so far. (all are using hpa, macro line, and red main spring.)

850 tank out w/ reg at various levels (all results have been the worst). Huge pressure diffrence if left for even 1 minute.

600 tank out w/ reg. Same result as 850 above

Removed reg and ran line straight from asa to air chamber on back of gun

850 tank out no inline reg. Better results but still frustrating spikes if left for even a short while

600 tank out no inline reg. Slightly better results than one above.

Its seems as though a reg can only exasberate this problem. Do any of you know solutions? Would a steel breaded hose help (better flow being that its internal diameter is wider)? Is it even solveable?
Otnasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2016, 07:58 PM #2
Otnasir

Btw I should also say that the two tank out puts are from two different tanks and that the pressure creep dose eventually stop if left alone long enough
Old 10-22-2016, 10:21 PM #3
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
No part of the gun, not the valve, springs, hoses, ASA, can ever cause pressure to increase.

Pressure creeping up past a regulator is solely on the regulator. Usually a dirty reg seat (depending on the type and brand of regulator of course). A dirty fill from a bad fill station can cause this.

Sounds like you're getting creep on both your in-line reg and your HPA regs. On a gun with a good in-line a little reg creep from a tank is rarely noticeable, so you may not notice it on other guns.

I'd start with the easiest thing first, give that in-line reg some maintenance. What kind of reg is it?

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:56 AM #4
Otnasir

The reg ( azodin rock steady) has already been cleaned and re assembled along with the tank regs. But I've already proven the tanks are not the problem in two ways. First the creeping does eventually stop (even left for hours) and on the apropriate amount ie 600 on the 600 output tank. Secondly when placed in my axe both tanks cause zero creepage. I could further prove it by assembling a pluged and gaged asa but I don't believe it necessary.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:30 AM #5
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
On an Axe that runs below 200 psi the tank output can fluctuate greatly and as long as the gun's regulator is working fine you wouldn't notice it.

Remember, regs can only reduce pressure. so 4500 psi in tank -> 600 psi out tank reg -> 200 psi out gun's reg.

Now if the tank's reg fluctuates for some technical reason, say 4500-> 400 to 600 -> still 200 psi out the gun's reg, assuming the gun's reg still work right. You might get a little change in output with big swings on input, but not like you are describing.

It might be you're not actually getting "creep", but more of a "shoot down" issue, where something is choking the flow along the path. ASA type, improperly installed hoses, something stuck in the fittings, that kind of stuff might cause that. As well in improperly lubed regs.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:07 PM #6
Otnasir

I still know for certain that the tanks aren't the issue as the creeping does stop at the apropriate pressure eventually. It would otherwise be that both my tippmann13/3 and my ninja 68/45 despite being cleaned and checked are damaged in exactly the same way and happend to finely stop where they should. Odds are not likely.

My asumption from the beginning has been that the flow is getting "choked down". I just don't know how (and didn't call it that ty btw).

My asa is a cp on off there is only one small line of macro line running from it directly into the only air chamber.

Using the Gage I can tell it's not shoot down in the classical sense (or at least on a whole nother scale) like I had on my nxt back in the day.

Firing at a normal pace (click click boom) the gun stays very consitant. Its when the chamber is allowed to build (again I can watch it rise using the gage) that I get the dangerous spike.

I have the smaller inner diameter macro line, how ever I'm told it shouldn't be a problem. It wasn't on previous guns I have owned that shot much faster than this pump.

Good call on the on/off but no go. It isn't that old and I see no signs wear or damage Even after disassembling it.

So far the best solution I have found is to use no inline reg and to use a lower fixed output pressure tank. If I could I would buy different macro line just to try for better flow, but I can't seem to find any advertised as larger inner diameter.

I think I'm s o l.