Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-19-2012, 07:00 PM #1
Class Is Open

Frustrating issue please read

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but its absolutely frustrating for me. Off the break i'll run to my bunker and either slide with my legs or superman dive into my bunker then shoot a ball right away, only to realize that i've broke a ball inside the hopper from the impact of the dive and i also get ball breaks just running to my bunker because im moving my arms up and down. After i run a point i have a half used hopper that i need to fill and so i leave the other half still in my 50round pod or dump the rest on the floor. Off the break ill run to my bunker and sure enough another ball break in the pod, which is understandable because im diving with a half filled pod. I see the pros dive and slide all the time with a hopper that's bigger than mine and for damn sure i know its not a fully filled hopper and it still seems like they don't have problems like this. Yes 1 suggestion is, STOP USING EVILS, but i don't want to. Which paint do you pumpers recommend? or does anyone know if having a speed feed instead of the winchester cap help absorb the impact of the dive/slide? How does the nation deal with such an issue?

Last edited by Class Is Open : 09-20-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Class Is Open is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2012, 07:06 PM #2
shredxcam

Don't swing your gun or jerk it so much

I never brake paint running or diving. Even shooting ultra

And pack your pods full
Old 09-19-2012, 07:09 PM #3
fliptazman
See you on the field

fliptazman plays in the PSP
fliptazman is playing at Living Legends V
fliptazman owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fliptazman posts videos on PbNation
fliptazman plays in the APPA D5 division
What hopper you use?
fliptazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:12 PM #4
Class Is Open

either 50 round winchester or i believe its a 100 round sportshot, same problem.. Dude im sure i run like everyone else. lol i dont run like a gorilla jerking my arms above my head. don't mean to sound like a smart *** but my first couple steps might be quicker than yours. Regardless the issue still stands and i dont know why i have to face an issue like this. Running slower sounds pretty ridiculous, im sure you guys haul *** off the break.

Last edited by Class Is Open : 09-19-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:21 PM #5
shredxcam

Idk. I try not to swing my gun
Mabye fill it up more? Run smoother?

Sounds like a personal problem
Old 09-19-2012, 07:53 PM #6
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

has been a member for 10 years
senghing27 plays in the PSP
senghing27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
senghing27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Don't swing your marker
-Fill the hopper with more paint

A half full hopper that is vigorously being swung is going to be more prone to paint breaking.

Here's a fun experiment.
Take a half full pod and shake the crap out of it. Take a full pod and shake the crap out of it.
Compare the two.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:01 PM #7
eli_eli

Why is it that you run a point with half the hopper? and half empty 50 rd pod? Just fill your hopper to the top and take about 6-7 rounds so they dont jam up, and then shake a bit, while filling your pod to the top. Same goes for any hopper or pod you use. None of my guys or myself have issues with this unless you forget to paint up before a point.
eli_eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:18 PM #8
Class Is Open

yes i know i fill the hopper before every point. just like you said ill take around 3-4 balls out and lightly shake it. If i play a point that leaves me with a half empty hopper. I dont carry my caddy with me where ever i go. I have my gun in one hand, water bottle in the other and i have a harness with 2 50round pods. So lets say i play a point and only half the hopper needs to be filled, what does it leave me with? A pod with only 25 balls correct senghing27?? because 1 subtract by .5 = .5 ? but thats not my issue, the issue is the ball breaks in the hopper. Please read before you post Senghin27. But your right in the end i guess this is a personal problem, just wondering if anyone else was experiencing it. Dont know how you run without swinging your gun.

Last edited by Class Is Open : 09-19-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 PM #9
d3m0n818
Big Hoss

d3m0n818 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
d3m0n818 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
have you thoroughly inspected the inside of the hopper, or hopper lid? I have only heard of this happening once at the field i play at all the time, turned out to be a very small piece of jagged/broken plastic that showed up somehow and also randomly worked its way into a crevice in the belly of the hopper and was popping paint all day.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:42 PM #10
Alex_rx1417
KAMANDAG MEMBER

Alex_rx1417 plays in the PSP
Alex_rx1417 is playing at Living Legends V
Alex_rx1417 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Alex_rx1417 supports Pev's Paintball
Alex_rx1417 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Alex_rx1417 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli_eli View Post
Why is it that you run a point with half the hopper? and half empty 50 rd pod? Just fill your hopper to the top and take about 6-7 rounds so they dont jam up, and then shake a bit, while filling your pod to the top. Same goes for any hopper or pod you use. None of my guys or myself have issues with this unless you forget to paint up before a point.
Actually Carlos had this same problem but only sometimes and thats using ultra.The way he realized is that his hopper sometimes hits the ground during a superman dive or gets jolted to quick during the dive in since the gun gets moved around alot. Only way it got fixed if for him was fill up the hopper more or run in with no paint and fill when he gets into snake. As for the whole pod thing just buy 50 rounds or 100 round pods and use them to what hopper you have on and any paint left just do what i do and say screw it and give it to the guy next to you or feed the ground.

Last edited by Alex_rx1417 : 09-19-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Alex_rx1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:58 PM #11
eli_eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class Is Open View Post
yes i know i fill the hopper before every point. just like you said ill take around 3-4 balls out and lightly shake it. If i play a point that leaves me with a half empty hopper. I dont carry my caddy with me where ever i go. I have my gun in one hand, water bottle in the other and i have a harness with 2 50round pods. So lets say i play a point and only half the hopper needs to be filled, what does it leave me with? A pod with only 25 balls correct senghing27?? because 1 subtract by .5 = .5 ? but thats not my issue, the issue is the ball breaks in the hopper. Please read before you post Senghin27. But your right in the end i guess this is a personal problem, just wondering if anyone else was experiencing it. Dont know how you run without swinging your gun.
I know it can get weird with not having your caddy or paint near the field. So just do what you can to get on the field with both hopper and pods full. But, if I have one or the other half full, rather have the hopper be half full and dont dive that point, and just slide into your bunker. On another note, try out the harness from PBMafia, their harnesses hold the pods horizontally so less chance of paint breaking when half full I realized this after buying the harness, as before I'd have paint break in there while only running with a half full pod, but havn't had the issue since.
eli_eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 PM #12
Class Is Open

Hmm filling once i get to the bunker sounds like a genius idea. Yea it doesnt happen all the time. Just figured id ask everyone and see what the best solution was. Thanks for the help brother, and let me say, you kamadag dudes are chill as hell. For the left over balls ill normally hand it over to a team mate, or if i hopped on with semis and they gave me the stink eye cause i have a pump, ill feed the ground. But imagine if you played a point and u shot like 13 balls. Reload and have the balls break in your pod or Not reload and have the balls break in your hopper? Or leave your caddy full of ultras out in the hot scorching sun. Decisions decision.

Last edited by Class Is Open : 09-20-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:16 PM #13
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

Quote:
50 -25 = 25, that's correct.

Just FYI, I did read before I post. The experiment part with the pod is to merely make a point with the hopper being underfilled. Pretty much the same concept. A 50 round hopper with some paint removed gives more chance to impact and break from a rough slide, combined with a super fast run form break. A 50 round hopper with more paint, closer to full capacity doesn't have that extra room for paint to move, potentially saving you from broken paint in the hopper.

Evils are super brittle and if you give them the chance, they will break on you. That's exactly what you're experiencing.
Hell, look at them the wrong way and they'll break on you.

If you need to really hit that break and hoof it to the snake/whatever bunker, swing your off hand for momentum and keep your gun hand steady. When I run, I swing with the off hand and tuck the marker in so it doesn't get swung.

This may help you, it may not, but do a pod lid mod on the winchester, so you'll have slightly more capacity and allow the lid to work as a pressure point that keeps the paint snug, but not so snug that jam the feed.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:40 PM #14
Class Is Open

I appreciate the help, you kinda just stated the obvious and im sorry if i rubbed you off the wrong way brother, but i just sensed some sarcasm in your little " ok kids.. lets try a ******* experiment" sorry if i didnt welcome it the way you wanted me to. Thanks for the very relevant picture as well.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:47 PM #15
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

Quote:
I appreciate the help, you kinda just stated the obvious and im sorry if i rubbed you off the wrong way brother, but i just sensed some sarcasm in your little " ok kids.. lets try a ******* experiment" sorry if i didnt welcome it the way you wanted me to. Thanks for the very relevant picture as well.
No harm done, internet is serious bizness afterall....

While it is stating the obvious, not all forum users on PBN are exposed to the obvious. The forum is a place where people come for advice, tips, and answers to various questions. If an answer is obvious, it still needs to be restated because some people just don't know.

As for sarcasm in the experiment part, there was none. Some people need an example or something that makes sense. It's easier to explain the use of space using a half filled pod compared to a full pod, than it would be to explain across using a hopper.

In the end, best of luck trying to remedy your problem. Good luck
Old 09-19-2012, 10:47 PM #16
eudaman
Professional Mis-informer

eudaman plays in the PSP
eudaman plays in the APPA D5 division
happens from time to time with my sportshot so i decided to do something about it without altering my style

inside view of my sportshot:
eudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:26 AM #17
mister2driver
This is my PUMP BADGE

mister2driver plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
mister2driver supports Empire
^ Nice!!!!!

For most events in SoCal we play open unlimited paint events.
So I mainly use a sport shot that holds around 100-110 so rounds. I get it filled up so there isn't much movement in there. And I carry 100 round pods so when it get close to filling the hopper I'm only losing a minimal amount of paint if any at all.

Peace-

KAMANDAG Bang Out Games @ WARPED & AMBUSH

mister2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 AM #18
Class Is Open

Thats a genius idea too. What is that you've glued in there? I was thinking about doing the same thing but layering the inside with a thin towel. Scared to do it because i feel that it will affect the balls feeding into the chamber or affect the ball flight. Plus it seems like a pain in the *** if u had to clean out a ball break in one of those. Regardless very good idea.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 AM #19
eudaman

eudaman plays in the PSP
you heard it here first...its shelf liner... drurable stuff and ok if it gets wet, havent had a break since so have never had to clean it out. used silicone adhesive (the blue stuff you see) holds it in there just fine and malleable as well. when i first put it together filled it halfway with ultra and shook and banged the **** outta it. guess what, no breaks and was quieter as a side effect.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:08 AM #20
Class Is Open

WOW you gone did such a clean job, Wish i could ship my hoppers to you so you can do it for me. Ill pay for all expenses and labor. By any chance is your name Eric?
Old 09-20-2012, 04:13 AM #21
eudaman

eudaman plays in the PSP
yeah it is eric