PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 09-07-2009, 08:16 PM #1
eclipsepaintball9

What To Carry On Gameday

hi,
im going to my first ever all day scenario soon, and im bringin a dye backpack with me to hold extra pods/tank/food/water/phone/walkie talkie/

anyone else have any other things which would be a good addition?

greatly appreciated
eclipsepaintball9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2009, 10:48 PM #2
KenDiz

KenDiz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I wouldn't say bring food because in order to eat you kinda have to move you mask up and that could uncover your eyes so yeah a sandwich isn't worth an eye. And if you bring water do what I use to do and bring a straw so you don't have to move your mask or do what I do now and invest in a camelpack.
KenDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:11 PM #3
Furb

if u bring food get something you can put in your mouth without moving your mask like beef jerky. just open the bag on game day an rip then in small pieces an put them in a zip lock bag. bring extra paintballs no joke i brought 1000 with me an it lasted only half way through the game. extra money never hurts i mean who knows what you may need to buy or want. the phone just bring a charger is all an the extra pods never hurt.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:58 PM #4
PCTAP_Reptar
The Zombie Killer!

Spare tank is a must.

Member of Ponca City Scenario Team: The Immortals
Team Sodalitas Vi Et Armis

The Name Is Reptar, Nice To Meet You =]
PCTAP_Reptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:05 PM #5
unreal_pb
You know why!

unreal_pb plays in the PSP
unreal_pb plays in the APPA beginner division
unreal_pb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
unreal_pb has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dont forget your cloths, i dont think they would let you play without any cloths! lol
unreal_pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 AM #6
Hammy06
One Shot. One Kill.

I honestly keep some jerky and phone in my camel backpack. that way you have food, water, and phone all secured, on your back, and most of the time out of harms way.

Cocker Pump - Steady Learning About It
Special Thanks to Sonny & Kimo from LA Hitman
Great Products from Lapco and Crossfire
Hammy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:14 AM #7
::TANG::
Heebroooo HAMMER

::TANG:: helped look for balloons
::TANG:: posts videos on PbNation
phone, monies, extra pods, batteries, allen keys, micro fiber, squeege, extra lenses, cleats, vitamins, food, and water

usually i actually unpack everything and make sure i put it back in my self the day off that way i dont just think it in there i know its in there
::TANG:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:23 PM #8
Boom Master
Scenario Player

If it is a BIG field, everything you don't want to walk back for. Big as in 1500 acres like D Day where it is a 30 minute walk from some areas of the field to you car, air line, paint line, etc.

If you walk back to the staging area in 5-10 minutes carry what you need for a few hours. If you trust people. Put some water, spare paint pods, and air tank in a book back and stash it in the insertion area. Nobody is going to swipe a CO2 tank. Maybe any basic tools for field repairs on your tank or marker.

I ALWAYS take a spray bottle of water to clean my mask with and keep it at the insertion area. Leave it out in plain sight and you will be expected to be asked to share it.

PREPERATION is the key to going to a scenario game. An expensive trip where you can't have problems with markers and gear.

Clean, service and tune up you marker and other gear. CHRONO your gun to be just under the field speed limit before you go so you can you can shoot, get punched OK, and go play. Long Lines at the chrono station full of guys that can't get their velocity right.

Make sure you can adjust the velocity DOWN to the speed limit for the night game. Otherwise, you need a spring set to change out for the night game, or not play the night game, or cut your spring and then be shooting night game velocity the next day.

Make the game briefing AND the opening bell. That means you have to be READY. That means you can't be standing in the registration line, paint line, air line or working on your gun Saturday Morning.

Get your air filled before you come or fill it up the night before if you can. Pre Register is quicker. Usually the SHORT line. Anything you can do Friday night, DO IT!

If you like to party Friday night, remember you HAVE to get up in the morning. No sleeping in. Another reason to get everything DONE Friday if you can.

PRINT a copy of the Producer's Game rules and / or the Field's Game rules. Put them in a ziplock bag and carry them. Of course, read and comprehend the rules Ask about any potential conflicts in the rules or things you don't understand.

It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to attend every game briefing. They will discuss rules, last minute rule changes, schedule changes, etc. Your first scenario game will be confusing enough so don't miss it. I've played 15 years and never miss a meeting... Too much valuable information I can use.

Attend any PLAYER meetings for which you must have your game credentials to prove which side you are on.

Hook up with a bunch of guys that look like they have played a scenario game before. Do what they tell you to do. Scenario teams often get split up due to eliminations so just go out with a group that has some leadership. They guys with the radios to the general will know what is going on and you will see some action. Hook up with them. ASK who is the squad leader as you go out. Stay on him...

Scenario play is quite different from rec ball tournament play. It is all about points. You live and die for points over and over and over. If you aren't getting killed every hour, you are not playing aggressively enough. It is NOT about staying alive at the end of a 15 minute game on a rec field.. Your mind set has to change.

It is a more aggressive style of play and YOU are expendible... Do what your are told to do or die trying... If you take your objective, it is NOT OVER. You have to HOLD it until the points are awarded. So instead of playing aggressively, you have to shift gears again and play DEFENSIVELY. You will be outnumbered in their counterattack. Do not get into a paint trading contest. I know it is FUN and what you are used to doing in rec ball but they will pick your guys off one by one and take it back. Hunker down and let THEM expose themselves. Then pop them and hunker back down. Make them come to you and die trying... It is not body count but points that wins the game..

Switching that mind set from pure aggression to pure defense in a minutes time is the hardest thing a new player has to learn...

Come back and tell us about it....
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups