Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-01-2012, 06:38 PM #64
big_scott
Has a good personality.

big_scott is a founding member
big_scott supports DLX Technology
http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

The 666th outfit has been putting on a show. They were behind the Liberator swarm and followed it up with a swarm of 20 Galaxies with Liberator and Reaver support. Now they are just rolling over people with a column of over a hundred tanks and Sunderers with Reaver support.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 AM #65
Terd Fergusen
HOTDOG AND SWEETHOG

Terd Fergusen has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Terd Fergusen has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

The 666th outfit has been putting on a show. They were behind the Liberator swarm and followed it up with a swarm of 20 Galaxies with Liberator and Reaver support. Now they are just rolling over people with a column of over a hundred tanks and Sunderers with Reaver support.
yeah i joined their outfit but i realize they play on a completely different server lol. they seem like cool dudes though. anyone else heard of the 'enclave incident' on reddit? those guys are such douchebags.

Terd Fergusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:23 AM #66
big_scott
Has a good personality.

I hadn't heard of it, but I looked it up, and you're right: complete and unequivocal douchebags. I don't mind trolls usually, especially if they are clever but being racist, or homophobic really rubs me the wrong way. I could probably even forgive the carpet bombing of a in-game funeral for a 15 year old kid, because, really, that's kind of funny in a very dark way. It's the comment from the leader of the Enclave on the youtube video of the bombing "Me, I'm glad the little **** is dead" that shows me that these guys are just terrible people.

Props to John Smedley for addressing the issue and making sure that bigots get quickly and publicly banned from PS2.

I need to find a decent NC outfit on East 01. The auto squad feature only pairs me with one other person now so it's basically useless and playing solo is a really ****ty way to play this game.

Also, flying's hard.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:27 PM #67
Diametunim

has been a member for 10 years
Diametunim plays in the MiLP
Diametunim owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Diametunim plays in the APPA D5 division
Lol Enclave, It's so much fun sending Buzzcutpsycho (Enclaves leader) hate tells. The guy rages so hard. Go watch his stream sometime, they all use awful code words while playing and Buzzcut sounds exactly like you think he would.

Enclave is an awful outfit and they're all tryhards.
Diametunim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 PM #68
big_scott
Has a good personality.

That **** just put me in a bad mood today. NC getting railed from both ends on East 1 didn't help either.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:57 PM #69
big_scott
Has a good personality.

For anyone who wants in the Beta right NOW!

http://www.planetside2.com/alpha-squad
Old 09-07-2012, 02:58 PM #70
mexican916

mexican916 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
mexican916 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This game is pretty fun, but I never played the first game and I have a question. Is there a motivation to level up and play my character, or use the resources in some way?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:13 PM #71
big_scott
Has a good personality.

I'm not sure what you mean. You have the Certifications for you classes and vehicles. The amount of certs in the game are pretty limited right now, but they will be adding plenty over time. There is also the weapons that you can only get by spending Auraxium, which you can only earn by actually being in the game. As opposed to the cert points, which you seem to earn whether you are online or not.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 PM #72
Terd Fergusen
HOTDOG AND SWEETHOG

You get 1 cert point for every territory you capture; and 1 for every few your empire captures while you are offline. Use the cert points for gun attachments, armor upgrades, etc. You use the various resources in game to spawn vehicles and restock on things like grenades. The hardest resource to get (auraxium) can be used to buy new weapons and implants.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:44 PM #73
mexican916

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. You have the Certifications for you classes and vehicles. The amount of certs in the game are pretty limited right now, but they will be adding plenty over time. There is also the weapons that you can only get by spending Auraxium, which you can only earn by actually being in the game. As opposed to the cert points, which you seem to earn whether you are online or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terd Fergusen View Post
You get 1 cert point for every territory you capture; and 1 for every few your empire captures while you are offline. Use the cert points for gun attachments, armor upgrades, etc. You use the various resources in game to spawn vehicles and restock on things like grenades. The hardest resource to get (auraxium) can be used to buy new weapons and implants.
I found out where all the cert stuff was at, I was looking at the implants, and I thought was that it?? But obviously its not. The game is pretty fun, I'm doing a lot of back capping of small bases and such.

With the resources such as Auraxium, Polymers, Catalysts, and Alloys I only see Auraxium being the most valuable because of buying weapons, but some weapons are like 25k and it seems a bit much. Also with Alloys, the only use I've seen out of Alloys is only buying vehicles.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:56 PM #74
boarderguy64

boarderguy64 is a Supporting Member
if anyone by chance comes across a 2nd beta key, i would love one. been signed up since march, active on twitter and still no love.
"Originally Posted by Texas56
OF course teh gay pr0n is 1337."
boarderguy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 PM #75
mexican916

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderguy64 View Post
if anyone by chance comes across a 2nd beta key, i would love one. been signed up since march, active on twitter and still no love.
I tweeted the devs non stop until I got one
Old 09-10-2012, 05:08 PM #76
Terd Fergusen
HOTDOG AND SWEETHOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican916 View Post
I found out where all the cert stuff was at, I was looking at the implants, and I thought was that it?? But obviously its not. The game is pretty fun, I'm doing a lot of back capping of small bases and such.

With the resources such as Auraxium, Polymers, Catalysts, and Alloys I only see Auraxium being the most valuable because of buying weapons, but some weapons are like 25k and it seems a bit much. Also with Alloys, the only use I've seen out of Alloys is only buying vehicles.
yeah all of the important stuff takes forever and a day to unlock, it's their way of trying to get you to spend money on the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderguy64 View Post
that sucks... i made a twitter account for a key and got it within 5 tweets or so. the different people that manage the PS2 twitter all endorse different empires, just pander to whatever empire they are supporting. that's probably the easiest way.

Last edited by Terd Fergusen : 09-10-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:47 PM #77
Terd Fergusen
HOTDOG AND SWEETHOG

HUGE patch dropped today. They added an entire new continent called Esamir, and I believe it's mostly a snowy environment. Also added new certs, overhauled the base capture mechanics, and best of all they unlocked new guns for each empire.

It just finished patching, can't wait to try it out.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:31 PM #78
mexican916

Quote:
HUGE patch dropped today. They added an entire new continent called Esamir, and I believe it's mostly a snowy environment. Also added new certs, overhauled the base capture mechanics, and best of all they unlocked new guns for each empire.

It just finished patching, can't wait to try it out.
I just saw that in my email, and I'm intrigued. Going to try it out.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 AM #79
Terd Fergusen
HOTDOG AND SWEETHOG

Another big patch today.

The best parts: Added empire heavy weapons, added shotguns (**** YES I'VE BEEN WAITING) and underslung grenade launchers, lowered number of cert points to gain attachments.

Quote:
Underslung Weapons Available

Need a little extra punch? Strap one of our new under slung weapons to a Carbine or grab a Shotgun when you breach your next base. Whether it's a high explosive grenade or devastating shotgun round, you'll clear a room with ease. Certify for using these weapons today

Empire Heavy Weapons

Every soldier knows a successful engagement requires significant amounts of firepower. Prove yours is bigger and show up with a Jackhammer or Lasher to turn the tide of battle. Check out the Store and earn yours today.

Notable Changes:

Certification just got easier (lower) on a number of weapon attachments.
Population bonuses now display appropriately. We just wanted to remind you how outnumbered you were.
Vehicles now pass through shields without any graphical anomalies. And by anomalies we mean randomly vaporizing personnel traveling through it. So no more hosing that smell out your Sunderer!

World:

Generator destruction effects and voice over are now available.

Weapons and Certifications:

Shotguns are now available for purchase. We'd like to remind you these are not for "hunting game' in the Warpgate.
Underslung grenade launchers and shotguns are available for compatible weaponry. The keyword here is compatible so please stop duct taping things to light machine guns.
Heavy weaponry such as the Jackhammer, Lasher, and MCG are now available. We aren't sure why you'd carry anything smaller than these but hey, we don't judge size.

Vehicles:

The Lightning, Vanguard, and Prowler now have certifications for Tank Rotation and Braking Force. However, these will not prevent you from being "that guy" in the armor convoy.
Vehicles now have a critical damage state. This means they are on fire. Beyond the fact you are basically roasting in a mobile easybake oven, it's going to affect their performance.
Good news! Fire suppression system certifications have been added to repair critically damaged vehicles. We advise not breathing in the fumes from these systems. Look we can't safety test everything.
Aircraft have had their health increased to compensate for critical damage. Stil keep in mind this just means you are roasting in a fast moving easybake oven.
Composite Armor for aircraft now also reduces Flak damage and is now 4 ranks. We still don't advise playing chicken by hovering in front of a Burster armed MAX unit.
Tanks now have access to Proximity Radar certifications. A reminder if they can see you, they can run you over. Pedistrians do not have the right of way.
The Liberator is now much more resistant to Flak and slightly more resistant to antiaircraft fire. Paint, better armor, silly putty on the wings. We've just stopped guessing how it's being improved.

The following weapons have had some tuning adjustments.

P525 Marauder
G30 Vulcan
Enforcer C85 Modified
Light Aircraft Rotary cannons
Light Aircraft special weapons

Resources:

Resources have been renamed to be more intuitive.
Auraxium is now only rewarded to active players. This means you can probably stop killing people idling in the Warpgate. Probably.

Social:

Outfit tags are now displayed on player names. You can now get out there and embarrass your Outfit at will.

Performance:

We continue to make performance optimizations to improve your gameplay experience.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:20 PM #80
AxeCop

To be honest, I was pretty disappointed playing this game. Didn't live up to the hype imho. Felt like a generic shooty game with come planes and tanks.
AxeCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:29 PM #81
Terd Fergusen
HOTDOG AND SWEETHOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeCop View Post
To be honest, I was pretty disappointed playing this game. Didn't live up to the hype imho. Felt like a generic shooty game with come planes and tanks.
just curious, what were you expecting it would play like? this game was everything i thought it would be and more. massive battles, air and ground vehicle combat, solid shooting mechanics, huge squads/outfits with integrated VoIP (which makes for incredible teamwork), lots of weapon/vehicle/appearance customization, constant support/patches, etc etc etc.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 AM #82
AxeCop

Quote:
just curious, what were you expecting it would play like? this game was everything i thought it would be and more. massive battles, air and ground vehicle combat, solid shooting mechanics, huge squads/outfits with integrated VoIP (which makes for incredible teamwork), lots of weapon/vehicle/appearance customization, constant support/patches, etc etc etc.
I guess I was expecting more meaning to taking objectives and such, and the shooting mechanics simply felt bland and occasionally unresponsive - but that may be because I am a bit far from the servers geographically. I often found myself wandering in seemingly nowhere, also.

I do like the constant patches, they really do send out a good message for the F2P genre. It is easily one of the best (if not THE best) F2P shooter.
AxeCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:57 AM #83
Passmossis
IMABRB

Passmossis owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Passmossis has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Passmossis has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Passmossis has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Game releases in 8 days. They just dropped another large patch over the weekend, with a big change to how objectives are taken.

Hoping the new system brings ot some better fights than holding objective points. What they really need to bring into PS2 is the lattice system core run from PS1. That was a clever mechanic.

New patch opens up more weapons and certs, and factions get bonuses for continent locks.

Former Vanu, done gone TR.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 AM #84
byarosh201

Anyone who needs beta keys. Pm me I got 5 or something.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote