team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

has been a member for 10 years
team_xile plays in the PSP
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile supports DLX Technology
team_xile supports DLX Technology
A5 Freak Barrel issue

I bought a freak back for my A5. I have the newer style A5, so apparently that's the issue. Anyway, I get crazy barrel breaks when the freak back is installed.

I did some research on other websites, and from what I gather, when they redesigned the A5, they changed the threading a bit, and it causes the bolt to clip the back of the barrel, causing nothing but issues with certain barrels.

My question is, if I was to get a thread adapter, from A5 to autococker, would that help and allow me to use my other freak back without issues, or would the bolt still cause clipping and barrel breaks?
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2014, 06:57 PM #2
ZeroNotHero
Terse? I can be terse.

ZeroNotHero owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ZeroNotHero has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ZeroNotHero supports Empire
That seems to be the fix that I see most people talk about. But most of the issues that I've heard about have been using Freak inserts with the Deadlywind Fibur barrels, though it's likely the same problem. This issue is why I just went with the J&J Elite Edge kit instead.

You should just be able to call/email the manufacturer and I can about guarantee you they'll have an answer for you.
ZeroNotHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:12 PM #3
Spydercam

I sold my Tippmann Freakbacks(A5,98) cause iīm not getting happy with !!!

Problem is that the Tippmannbolt is diving into the barrel and after Firingposition itīs getting tighter to insert level. So if you use a big insert which is too big for the paint may helps but you will have allways an edge which could kill paintballs !!!
I would use Freaksetīs just for other markers than Tippmanns cause of the barrelconstruction !!!

Here on the pic you can see an AA-Back(right side) and a A5 Freakback(left side .697 inside) for A5:

Spydercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:10 AM #4
Ackon

Ackon owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Sell the Freaks! looking at the picture, the reason for breaks, is the lack of chamfer in the backs. Look at the gap difference between the two. This is why your paint is breaking.

Remember, A-5 is unregulated air. It operates at 850 PSI, compared to highend, that operated below 200. Even the Phenom operates at 400 PSI.

Buy an Palmers Brass Barrel, or FLASC kit.

Those are my go to barrels for tippmann markers.
Ackon is offline   Reply With Quote