PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2012, 03:39 PM #22
Trevor

has been a member for 10 years
Interesting

Did you use a magno valve stem/cup seal? How did that fit into the valve? Do you have pictures of that?

I was always under the impression that the air in the lpr came out of the hole that you plugged with your magnet setup. Guess not heh.

When I was putting rare earth magnets in my gun, I glued one onto the end of the cup seal and the other 2-3 on the lpr. I did it this way to keep the cup seal stem light because it reciprocates. Make sure those magnets are glued in securely because you wouldn't want one to flip and attract to the other...

You spoke of smoothing out your gun... you might want to think of "porting" your ram on both inlet/outlet rings. Open up the holes a bit and add more holes between the current ones. Be sure that all work is highly polished so that a metal bur doesn't ruin your ram rod.

You might also want to add an aluminum ram rod. If you are interested, I know a guy that makes reallly nice ones for a decent price.

I've used nylon hammers before but I could never get them to work correctly. They are too light and don't add enough momentum to open the valve pin... even after using magnets or a lightened spring. When using them, the valve doesn't open up enough to allow enough air to escape. I messed around with every hpr and lpr pressure combo and still couldn't get it to work. If you are wringing out every bit of performance from the led/lcd, I would wait until the end to throw in a nylon hammer. I have a couple, and I could sell ya one.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2012, 03:40 PM #23
Methodcaptain

plays in the NXL
Methodcaptain plays in the APPA D4 division
Methodcaptain supports Shocker RSX
Methodcaptain supports Ninja Paintball
True, it is football season lol.

I'll slap the guages on it while I chrono tonight to see where it is at.

I know my LPR is in the 70s, which is pretty low for an LED.

Trevor, I did use a D-lite stem, which fits into the stock valve body, and seals just fine. It looks like any other cup seal in a valve body, thats why I didn't snap a picture.

The air on the LED/LCD LPRs actually flows through four "channels" on the sides of the LPR seat. They are very small, but you can see them in the photos above. I keep thinking about ways to improve LPR flow, but without damaging the LPR itself.

I'd probably be interested in a few of the ram shafts and hammers, but like you said I'm going to wait until the very end to try the nylon hammer.

WANTED: Blue and Green angel A1 FLY grips
Wanted - Angel A1/SB/AR:K parts and markers broken or working condition.

Still playing for you DAD (6/10/57 - 11/17/06). We all miss you.

Last edited by Methodcaptain : 09-17-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Methodcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:43 PM #24
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

My gat is running a delrin hammer and rips.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 AM #25
Trevor

Method,

Cool, I'll have to get one of those stems and re-tinker. Right now, my valve has a very very small leak due to the lightweight spring on the other side. Basically it is the smallest amount of force to keep the valve closed with the pressures adjusted to keep it at ~295fps - my version of a sweet spot. If I turn the hpr down, it will start leaking. It's wild.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM #26
Methodcaptain

plays in the NXL
Do you have any shootdown?

That is my concern with the limited volume of air between the valve and LPR.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM #27
Trevor

No shootdown.
My gun was set to 18bps ramp, dwell 15, Halo V35 setting 6, DEZ bolt, milled down hammer (12g), aluminum ram shaft, ported ram, aka internal lpr, and aka valve. It's also insanely consistent over the chrono - everytime I think about replacing the minireg I just chrono it.

The only thing I am not quite sure about is the lpr pressure. I can't remember what I had it set to.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:52 PM #28
ricecrispi28

ricecrispi28 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks for the pic and ideas capt method. How does it shoot compared to other angels you have?.
ricecrispi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:59 PM #29
Methodcaptain

plays in the NXL
Compared to my other LEDs, much smoother, and much quieter. I still have to clean out my ram, so I expect it to get even smoother.

I don't see any shootdown either. I think its a worthwhile modification if you have the time/parts.

I FINALLY found a stars and stripes LED that I'm going to restore, and I'll be putting magno internals in that as well. I've also got a few friends who I'll be doing the mod for as well.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:11 PM #30
Trevor

I think cleaning the ram is overlooked way to often. I highly recommend taking the entire ram apart down to the ram shaft. I have found multiple leds and lcds with what resembled peanut butter on the inside. I can't imagine what that goop would do to the cycle speed.